More realistic gameplay for PES 2011 (PC)? This works..!!

El Pajaro

Championship
14 May 2008
I think the players are unrealistically agile and robotic. So... reduce the player agility globally by 20 units.

This combined with reduced (-30) player speed improved the gameplay tremendously (imho). The game speed came down from the arcade tempo and slower pace makes defending and passing easier.

Actually I decreased the st.accuracy globally too, because in my opinion there's a wee bit too many goals scored. But this is optional of course.

Use PESEditor to make the global changes.
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=61195

Not a revelation or anything, I know these tricks have been used before. This just worked for me so I wanted to share.

Give it a shot!

PS: This is the first PES I'm actually enjoying after PES6. Not a bad game at all. I wish someone made a classic mod (a'la PES5 Legends Patch) for it though... I want to play with Maradona, Platini, Socrates and Baggio. ;)

Last edited:
Re: More realistic gameplay for PES 2011? Really easy.

Actually I decreased the st.accuracy globally too, because in my opinion there's a wee bit too many goals scored. But this is optional of course.

what means st.accuracy?

You say players are unrealistically agile, as in too agile, and robotic. Surely that's a contradiction.

I do support global editing to make a more realistic game but I think it needs a lot of testing to find the right balance. I'm a bit worried when you say defending and passing gets easier.

Oh, and no need to wait for a legends patch, just go to extra content and unlock classic teams. think all those players you mentioned are in there.

Defending gets easier because there's more time. Passing gets easier/less random because there is more time. Ability to playing good D is what made PES5 so legendary... in higher speeds the defending is way more hazardous. Of course this depends on the individual human player skill too.

Slower pace is definitely more realistic... too fast game is one of the biggest realism killers. You can make the game more difficult in millions of ways (like reducing your own team players shot accuracy) but if the tempo is wrong it doesn't look like real football.

Ultra-agility is not only a problem with soccer games, it's a problem with almost all sports games. When players are able to make 360-degree turns in a millisecond, it reminds me of a robot (or a Duracell bunny). Whatever term you want to use.

Yes, it needs a lot of testing but you gotta start somewhere... feel free to post your experiences... but I found these changes positive... slower pace moves the game more towards simulation football (imho).

And unlocked classic teams are the usual junk they always are. Wrong names, wrong faces, etc.

Last edited:

Hi there.
I've been doing some global editing in the past.

Once again, thanks to Wild@, PES2011 became no exception.

I've found this year's game to be a lot easier to edit, since the core gameplay has been improved dramatically in certain aspect than took global editing in the past.

I fully agree with your considerations towards realism. Keep it coming.
Cheers.

for me it's best to download all the values at 1 and work up little by little and then stay with rounded values, I suggest try to play with these values for me is a very good experience and realistic comment

option file http://www.mediafire.com/?1xoigyu3fukcgcw

Good shout El Pajaro. I reduced Agility by just -12 and it made a huge difference to the gameplay. There's lots more midfield tussles, with players on both sides losing possession and some pretty good goalmouth scrambles. It won't be everyone's cup of tea I'm sure but IMO it is much more realistic.

Indeed. It's looks MUCH more like a real football game when the moves and pace are slower... and I don't think it makes the game any easier, either. Just more "controlled" and less "hazardous". I also use a modified very wide camera angle which gives a great view of the pitch. Camerachanger is a great tool.

You know where these global roster adjusting ideas originally came from? Check this out:
http://z6.invisionfree.com/flyermania/index.php?showtopic=1864

They worked wonders for that hockey game... it's an awesome sim... those tweaks transformed the game completely. And I've used the lowered agility & speed on PES5 & 6 too, with great results.

The game companies make these games primarily "fun", which means arcade. That always means wayyy exaggerated game speed and player agility.

Many people use the excuse for shorter periods... they think the speed should be higher (in relation) when you only play 15 min halfs. I don't think so... I want the games look like real football, not some idiotic ants' nest/arcade game... you know... when the speed is slower it's like watching a real broadcast. I also want certain amount of "sloppiness"... just like you said correctly, real football is played on the midfield too... it's not all pretty... it's not constant end-to-end scoringfest and Maradona-like magic moves. There are boring 0-0 games with very little action... so why shouldn't some PES games have that occasionally?

But the good news is... (imho) PES2011 engine is easily the best since PES6. This is definitely a huge improvement over the 3 last ones. Huge. It's not perfect but the engine is very "responsive" for this kind of gameplay tweaks.

It has its problems, but for the first time in YEARS I'm having fun with a new football game.

Last edited:
I've been doing a bit of tweaking myself. First off I tried the reduced agility, which worked a treat. I didn't apply the agility reduction to the keepers, though, as they already parry instead of catch far too much. Plus I reduced the top speed by 20.

As for the short pass speed, I didn't reduce by as much. Only by 6 I ended up doing so.

I also reduced shot power a touch (-3) for everyone but GK and CB, to help the goalkeepers hold onto it a bit more.

Now I'm working on adjusting the mentality, aggression and response, but am struggling to get good results. Has anyone been doing any further tweaking?

On top of all this, I use kitserver speeder to play the game at 1.1 speed, to make up a bit for the decrese in speed. Seems to be working well.

Do share your findings everyone! I was looking at a gameplay option file by the reknowned Chimps-with-Quiffs (See pesgaming forums), but he has only edited for PS3, and its not possible to convert between PC and PS3 :(.

That's cool mate.

Actually the Flyermania gang used the global roster edits already in the early 2000's. In NHL 2001. You might have been first who did them to a football game though.

But it doesn't really matter. The only goal is to get a better game and these kind of radical global tweaks indeed work.

There is certain amount of hardcoded stuff that can't be altered... like the comeback logic, which I think is a bit exaggerated on PES2011. But if we share ideas and experiences we can make the game better together.

I'd like to get the scoring down a little. I have too many games ending up as 3-3 and 3-2. I dunno if it's only the shot accuracy that matters.

I recently reduced passing accuracy like A LOT.
Through balls were making a mess in my PES. Now it's more up to THAT exact ball, for me and the AI, making the game more realistic and decreasing the number of goal opportunities per game. That's my view (among many other tweaks) on the "too many goals" subject.

Just tried changing the agility settings and speed settings and I have to say it works. It's fantastic.

It's not about "agility", bros. KONAMI made this season's DEFENDERS... far TOO FASTER than ANY striker, except (maybe) someone like Messi! ANY DEFENDER (even... the "slow-white" Carragher!) can EASILY REACH and stop the opponent striker!
Also, KONAMI made EVERY GOALKEEPER, as GREAT as... Chech or Buffon! EVERYBODY, every goalkeeper, is SUPERB against ANY striker! No more "great" resaults, like 6-0 or something. Now, you're "bleeding" to score 2,3 goals...!

Back
Top Bottom