Starcraft II (PC/Mac)

Is that the one with the bunkers and you have to hold off until evac comes?

Finally finished downloading my trial - loved it - went out and bought the game yesterday and played it all afternoon. A lot of fun

Yea, thats the one.

What I like about the campaign mode, is its not exactly the same gameplay as MP with just a story tacked on. Each episode in the campaign involves something different and introduces different gameplay elements. Like that one, is hold off the opponent for 20 mins using bunkers. I like the way its specifically timed.

It is a superb game though, didnt think I'd like it as much as I do.

Played for a few hours last night and did all the 'League Placement' matches (lost all 5 quite resoundingly) then played the first of my bronze league games - where I think I was actually going to win and then the laptop battery died :( By the time I'd booted back up and woke up the laptop into the game, I'd been booted.

Its a game with a REAL learning curve though which I love. Every game you can take something from it - and then you can watch replays to find out how your opponent completely trashed you!

I'll get you my MP code later Rad and you can add me if you like (cross play between PC and Mac is fine).

Did you also know that as long as you are connected to the internet, then your games are saved in the 'cloud' - so you can install the game on a couple of computers and carry on your game from anywhere which is really cool (as is the ability to save a game in right in the middle of the action).

I didnt realise what people meant when they said Blizzard games are 'polished'. After playing SC2, I now know!

Does anyone know if you install the disc on a friends pc - can you give them a trail code to let them play it without the disc or do trials only work with the downloaded file?

Man I hate the Zerg (sp?). Loved the drill level. I really think this game's broad type of missions keeps me very interested. I also love some of the research unlocks or the unit unlocks per mission. Just wish construction was a bit faster.

Does anyone know if you install the disc on a friends pc - can you give them a trail code to let them play it without the disc or do trials only work with the downloaded file?

Yes you can do that - it even says it on the back of the code card!

Yea, thats the one.

What I like about the campaign mode, is its not exactly the same gameplay as MP with just a story tacked on. Each episode in the campaign involves something different and introduces different gameplay elements. Like that one, is hold off the opponent for 20 mins using bunkers. I like the way its specifically timed.

It is a superb game though, didnt think I'd like it as much as I do.

Played for a few hours last night and did all the 'League Placement' matches (lost all 5 quite resoundingly) then played the first of my bronze league games - where I think I was actually going to win and then the laptop battery died :( By the time I'd booted back up and woke up the laptop into the game, I'd been booted.

Its a game with a REAL learning curve though which I love. Every game you can take something from it - and then you can watch replays to find out how your opponent completely trashed you!

I'll get you my MP code later Rad and you can add me if you like (cross play between PC and Mac is fine).

Did you also know that as long as you are connected to the internet, then your games are saved in the 'cloud' - so you can install the game on a couple of computers and carry on your game from anywhere which is really cool (as is the ability to save a game in right in the middle of the action).

I didnt realise what people meant when they said Blizzard games are 'polished'. After playing SC2, I now know!

I've been playing the MP more than campaign and they are definitely different. Still just playing in the practice league though. I find in 1v1 games, building an army quickly and attacking quickly seems to catch the other team off guard a lot of the time.

I've been playing the MP more than campaign and they are definitely different. Still just playing in the practice league though. I find in 1v1 games, building an army quickly and attacking quickly seems to catch the other team off guard a lot of the time.

Aha! You've been playing me then ;)

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty has been melting graphics cards.

The - literally hot - Mac and PC game ships with no frame-rate limiter, which means processors with "insufficient" cooling will happily burn themselves out.

"Screens that are light on detail may make your system overheat if cooling is overall insufficient," warned Blizzard (via DailyTech). "This is because the game has nothing to do so it is primarily just working on drawing the screen very quickly.

"A temporary workaround is to go to your Documents\StarCraft II\variables.txt file and add these lines: frameratecapglue=30 frameratecap=60. You may replace these numbers if you want to."

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty was released last Tuesday and stampeded to the top of the UK charts. Eurogamer's StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty review is tip-toeing nearer. What will it get, what will it get? Depends if Oli's graphics card melted.

Does anyone know where you have to go to be able to download custom made maps? I can't seem to find anything in the game or on the SC2 site.

I was thinking that... when you play a custom game (either v AI or human), you can choose from LOADS of community build maps (some say stuff like 'side scrolling' or 'tower defense') - I didnt try them, but perhaps you just click on them and it downloads on the fly?

i keep getting artifact for some time. after few missions, dang the artifact came in and have to hard boot.

Back
Top Bottom