What have you done Konami? (very disappointed by PES 2008 demo)

Why do people hold up FIFA when poster say PES2008 is not that great no great leap, in fact leap is to strong a word to use for PES2008.

Don't look to FIFA when looking at PES, look at the previous PES game.

For PES2008 see PES6 with addons and faster ball and gameplay, don't compare it with FIFA compare it with PES. And if you do 2008 is not the game everyone was waiting even praying for, its a bit of a let down.

Why do Konami do this, people who for ages derided FIFA said look its a bunch of Canadians that make the game what do you expect! Well I have to ask the Q of PES, are Konami aiming at or taking a lead from japanese games, fun to player over real gameplay.

While PES was the game to play there was slight "flaws" along the way, but they have tured PES into pinball where fast passes go rocket like and while I complained about all the same speed of players in PES6 and before, while the different speed of player is welcome in 2008 the animation of them is stupid looking. The slower players animation looks fine well for a last gen game engine and last gen animation, but the fast player when you have sprint held down, the movement of there arms and legs is miles to fast.

I heard what Adam said on the Podcast on WinningElevenNextGenBlog the game , he has played the final product and its miles better than the demo we have that may be but the game is still based of the PS2 engine and for all that the game is better in the final build its still not the next level of game which we thought we were getting with Next Gen.

The teamwork AI in the cpu team can be called next gen even some of the graphics, but the game engine is that of the PS2 game as is the animation of 8 direction turns and 1 footed skating/sliding of pes2008 goal videos and 2 footed sliding too.

Yes the final build may well be a lot better than the demo version we are playing, but its still last gen under it all.

I don't expect the game to be better than the demo... of course I hope it will be the case but why would Konami release a demo of an old and "bad" version of the game?
A demo is made to "quickly" show ppl how great the game is and that they have to buy it... releasing a bad quality demo would be a very stupid move that can hurt sales; Konami aren't new in this business and of course know that.

Last edited:
hey dudes calm down if you remember pes5 demo with real madrid i was playing the high throw ball with beckham and just no one cuts it and when the full version released it was tottaly different so patience it will be great

I don't expect the game to be better than the demo... of course I hope it will be the case but why would Konami release a demo of an old and "bad" version of the game?
A demo is made to "quickly" show ppl how great the game is and that they have to buy it... releasing a bad quality demo would be a very stupid move that can hurt sales; Konami aren't new in this business and of course know that.

So you're saying that the full game will be like the demo?
Let's hope it's not like that, because actually the demo is bad in all the aspects.

I am amazed that nobody else has mentioned the ridiculous camera angle when defending a penalty. Is it only me who finds looking over my GK's shoulder is dog shit :shock:

As for the animation, surely nobody is truly saying this looks better than previous PES? The players look like a Fifa game and they respond like Fifa 98.

I hope this is a demo of the game from where they were up too six months ago because this is big let down.

i liked it. its nice and smooth. the final version will be slightly improved but i'm happy. the way you can move away from a player is nice just would like to have played with some club teams but just gotta wait i suppose.

Ball physics--- ridiculous
Collisions--- Ridiculous
Goalkeepers--- RIdICulOUs
Moving Animations--- RIDICULOUS
Teamvision--- RIDICULOUS!!!
General AI--- Is there any?

dissapointed with this version of the game , played pes and iss since day 1 , it seems to be getting like fifa , i did have a slight problem and that was replays and video action was slow/jumpy but thats prob my pc , game i didnt think was upto much but will probably buy it and see how it goes as i love pes and have done for many a year, really want to like this 1 but sadly im willing myself to like it , damn shame , let down konami !

I have this too. And more and more people have it. I don't know how it comes and how I can change it?

(Sorry for my english)

I'm playing PES Since ISS too. I always play Playstation not PC, and never played Fifa..
But this version of PES (I think) not good.
It's like PES 6 and very easy to score.
Again bad goalkeepers..
I think i won't play any football game this year.. Maybe PES 3 :)
I was waiting for something different for the next gen version.
But we have only graphics and a few new licensed teams..

Damn, there are some stupid guys around here..

Like that crazy twat on the first page with his: BUG!

For f*ck sake mate, you also believe losing the bal is a bug?
Play the game at high and you don't have any moonwalking!
This game isn't made for playing on low, there's a huge difference in playing on normal or low, and then i don't even have to talk about high.

i'm wondering on which level these complaining guys are playing this game, probably on low graphix level and on regular skill level..

i also had to get used to the game, but after 5 matches i realised this is the best and most realistic game éver on soccer territory!

So all you guys complaining about PES, don't even bother us with your wining, please move to fifabenelux or something and go talk there about these "bugs" , which are just mistake's of your own!

Sorry for my english but i'm becoming nuts of these girls!

Alot of people have waited a long time for this and on the whole its not too bad, there are just a few bad points.

The main concern i had with the demo was the graphics, it didn't look 2 bad overall there was just a bit of slowdown when choosing your kit and the shirts looked a bit worse for wear. Seriously what is up with the replays?, don't get me started with them. The game play wasn't as bad as most people make out: i liked that the ball has a bit more weight other than just floating away every other time, the crosses have been improved somewhat as have the chips(I scored a beautiful chip with ronny-dinho ;)).

One of the funniest things is the diving, its going to be way to much fun using that when the real game comes out.

Overall i think its going to be really good when released, just wish they had kept the odd thing from pes6. But anyhoo roll on October 26th \\:o/

I fully agree! Wtf is wrong with the replays. I play on high detail and the game runs very smooth. I have the same thing with the kit choosing..seems to stutter a bit. The replays are terrible though. too damn fast, like its being fastforwarded. Also the cam seems to be shaking, not following the ball as smooth. I did like the gameplay, although it does take time to get used to it.
1-2 passes have improved, chipping is also better. Have tried a few long balls and they seem to be lower and faster, making for better passing.

I think the running animations look ridiculous. The players pulling up their knees almost to their chins....looks funny and not at all how it should.
One other thing i noticed with shooting....strikers keep trying to hit it with the inside of the foot. They move on purpose just so they can do that. (like a tennisplayer moving his body to avoid playing a backhand shot)
It looks strange when Ronaldo is on the right side of the goal, and than almost falls to the right, just so he can hit the ball inside foot and shoot at the right corner ?? doesnt make sense at all.

But this is just after playing it for 1 hour. I will give it some more tonight and see if i still have this feeling.
I hope the changed file constuction will still enable the patchers to modify things. I'm sure the game will be awesome with all licenses and better pitches (cause this one looks terrible)

aparently all who love this shitty game are the new kids wo played fifa for ages and just came across PES... and it's so clear that they don't know anything about the PES series... i've been there with konami since day 1 and i even play some times PES2 in my old PS ONE just to remind me of what this game used to be... and now on my PC i still play PES5... that was the best PES ever... and with the spuerpatch and all it looks much much better than this demo... some of the pitches are amazing in the superpatch and konami couldn't even top that... making a pitch better than some 'amateurs' that made the superpatch...
there's no point in laying out the same bugs and ugly things that you guys wrote before me... i've experienced them all and i'm verry dissapointed... and for the still nonbelievers... watch the freakin videos that Gigen posted... or you did and by you this is the way it supposed to be?
@ green machine... you dude... of course we compare this game with FIFA.. cause it's the only competition it has.. you want us to compare it with sensible soccer or what?? clarly it sucks in comparison with other PES games...
@jonneymendoza... quote: 'to all the people complaining, go play fifa then if this game sucks real bad.' that's an ugly thing to say bro... specially to PES fans... and the worst thing is that people actually will go and give FIFA a try... i did... and it looks like FIFA 08 look more and more closer to PES... those EA sports bastards stole everything from konami... even the fake shot[shot+ quick pass].. even the buttons layout on the gamepad and much more things... but also looks like konami stole the uglyness from fifa..even the camera angle and stuff and brought it to the PES series... now that thrully sucks!
hope i wont have to read comment that complement this demo... unless you're a konami employe or something... but i hope never the less to read good things about the full game when it will come out.. even though i doubt that.
last word... open your eyes konami and read the freaking forums... these are your real testers... not the dudes that you hire who will be pleased with the game no metter how it looks cuz you pay them... these guys right here are the real fans and they are not blind you know... RESPECT YOUR FANS KONAMI!!!!

Damn, there are some stupid guys around here..

Like that crazy twat on the first page with his: BUG!

For f*ck sake mate, you also believe losing the bal is a bug?
Play the game at high and you don't have any moonwalking!
This game isn't made for playing on low, there's a huge difference in playing on normal or low, and then i don't even have to talk about high.

i'm wondering on which level these complaining guys are playing this game, probably on low graphix level and on regular skill level..

i also had to get used to the game, but after 5 matches i realised this is the best and most realistic game éver on soccer territory!

So all you guys complaining about PES, don't even bother us with your wining, please move to fifabenelux or something and go talk there about these "bugs" , which are just mistake's of your own!

Sorry for my english but i'm becoming nuts of these girls!

lol i would like to play with you online XD
how many goal ull take ahahahah :lmao:
;)
i think the best gameplay ever was winning eleven 6 final evolution...(a real evolution)
i play on maximum and every shoot is a goal...i cant understand how u could have fun with this...

Dude, i'm not with your opinion and i'm playing from ISS, you are telling me that i don't know anything about pes?

You do realise this is a demo right? Just a little preview!

if you think this looks and feels like fifa you better get to a doctor as soon as you can..

lol i would like to play with you online XD
how many goal ull take ahahahah :lmao:
;)
i think the best gameplay ever was winning eleven 6 final evolution...(a real evolution)
i play on maximum and every shoot is a goal...i cant understand how u could have fun with this...

*Here we go again, everyone thinks he's the king*

You do play on top player right?

if you are going to cutback you can make a lot of goals, but try to penetrate the defense at the center, try to find some space, the AI has been improved a lot, everyone is smarter..

People forget that this is not the full game and have there opinion ready about how bad they improved the game, lets first wait till the full game, although i like this version to!

And now i'm not going to discuss because the complaining guys are either brainless or blind..

Dude, i'm not with your opinion and i'm playing from ISS, you are telling me that i don't know anything about pes?

You do realise this is a demo right? Just a little preview!

if you think this looks and feels like fifa you better get to a doctor as soon as you can..

from ages the pc version demo is the same of final release...
were not saing u dont know anything about pes,but with the passing of years i think they are making the game too easy and too arcade,what a shame...another thing,were not talking of fifa,i dont like it.
After u play a bit with this game,try to play with we6 final evo or pes4,count how many goal ull do XD

Mhhh i dont Like it very much, graphics are Ok( but it gets better on PC)!

Its a port of the 360 version, i dont believe that the final version will be changed, but if someone of konami reads this i hope they do it:

1. some Bad animations (running)
2. The graphics of the Crowd( Supernintendo Sprites look better than this)
3. The Pitch looks terible ( this can be patchesd i hope)
4: Gameplay

I dont like that the passing is to slow sometimes, players need a litle time to react the AI not! I dont like tis ping Pong feeling in front of the Box when Ai is defending and the same defender blocks 3(!!!!) Times a shot (super defender in Turkish Team played on Proffesional)!

The shots himsels are more controlled (direction) but where is the Power??
The Ball feels heavier and shooting sometimes like my Grandma Kicks the Ball! and my Friends i Play this Seria from the beginning! and no i am not a Fifafanboy!

But i cant believe that konami bring out this Game, I dont need perfekt Faces in Short ingamevideos after a foul, i see my players from widecam, running, kicking and playing! i want ecxellent Stadium, good animationa, nice Pitches( Like some Patchers do)!

But this Demo is for me to say it nice : Not what the PES series needs!

The Series is now a Big market Player and wants to sell to all the Guys who play football on every console and every PC, it has nothing to do with the games they have started!

Konami goes EA.............!

samobody must say on Konami for that thing... to fix all that !
Cmon Konami !! the game look so stupid whit that runing :(

Wake up people! This game is cool! It's the same shit every year with some guys here in this forum. If you don't like it play fifa and shut up!

PES rules!

Why you Guys start talking about Fifa, Fifa is also Bullshit like PES2008,

there is no other Game on the Market and so everyone whoa wants to play football will buy this Crap!!! I have told it often in this Forum konami was allways the Leader in Gameplay but after we9 they Fucked totaly up!

Last great ballanced an well performed game was WE6FE, play this and the turn to PES2008, it has nothing to do that its new, it has to do that they have made the Game to sell for every Soccergamer! Its ballanced to Easy and Fifalike to get the fifaboys on the Konami side!

So for minimum 1 Year we will have to play this Crapy Bullshit! Are the PES5 Servers alive???? i will go back to this and have fun!!

Last edited:
Wake up people! This game is cool! It's the same shit every year with some guys here in this forum. If you don't like it play fifa and shut up!

PES rules!
Lots of ppl who love the PES/WE series and have been playing it for years complain about the PES 2008 demo and will try FIFA 08 this year... it clearly shows that there is a problem.
As I said, I can't believe that Konami managed to ruin the PES/WE series, but with PES 6 and now PES 2008 they certainly did!

Btw, anyone knows what japanese ppl are saying in forums about PES 2008?

Hi all,

I just wanna have a healthy argument here.
A bit of background bout me: I started playing FIFA in Playstation long time ago. Then since I found Winning Eleven 3, around 10 years ago, I never looked back to FIFA. Of course sometimes I still play FIFA just to realize that FIFA is so far worse than WE.
I guess I'm quite good in playing WE4, coz I won a tournament at that time back in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Time goes on, and I always appreciate all the evolution in WE/PES. It was hard for me to get used to Winning Eleven 5, the first time Winning Eleven moved to Playstation 2. But of course after some games u got used to it, then you will like it. And I knew even it's hard I liked the changes.
So now, I've moved to Europe since 3 years ago, and started playing PES (we used to play WE in Asia). I play PES6 in my laptop and always loved the improvement from PES4 PES5 and then finally to PES6.

So, I just played my first game, of course in Top Level, I used Portugal against Brazil, and I won 4-1 with possession of 69% of the ball.
The points are:
1. I might agree with Alexbeckhs that it's really easy to score. I got all 3 goals on my first 3 attacks on my first game on the hardest level. Yea, maybe Brazil's defense is really bad, but still.
2. I found the radar so hard to see, almost invinible. But the good point is so I just observe the player movements around me without radar, which is really much better improvements from PES6. The players without the ball movement is quite an interesting improvement.
3. The computer got the goal on their first counter as well, on a very good through pass and a lob through my keeper. At that time I thought, playing defense in this game must be really hard.
But no, they have no more attacks after that since I can break it down since the midfield.
4. The long pass.. something is weird. Is it too fast? Just felt wrong.. (or not used to? coz of too much PES6?)
5. Diving? Can't even have the time to think to use that, but i guess it's fair enough, reading comments that it's really hard to execute.

All in all, after 1 game!, I can say I like it. It's a bit faster, but more real, the passing is fast, but more natural (Nope, not arcade, easily misspass if someone is on the path and some natural deflection along the way). But yea, it's too easy to score with this very good movement of players without the ball (this is not a complain, i bet it'd be really fun to play with 2 playerds ;) ).
I can figure if someone doesn't like it if it's too fast with a very modern machine. I use 1GB RAM with 128MBAti9700, so i get a medium speed I guess, which is just rite in my opinion.

As closure, I've played FIFA08 demo on PS3. IMHO, FIFA08 still way below this PES2008 :)

Back
Top Bottom