GTA V

I never did finish GTA IV, will have to go back to it at some point, although if I don't do that before September 22nd it'll be at least another 6 months before it gets a look in!

I finished the main story a few weeks back and wanted to get onto Red Dead Redemption but I just realised how much I still have left on GTA IV, plus the two DLC add ons so I'm thinking I'll finish all of it before the football games come out, and then I'll have 1 less game to distract me from a career mode...

sleeping dogs has set a new standard in sandbox gaming..gta5 has a lot to live up to..i doubt they will match the combat of sleping dog

That season ticket malarky to me seems a rip off (off subject).

GTA V looking ok judging from the few screens we have seen of it.

Well the combat had to be like that because of the game's setting, I don't think it will be particularly realistic to have a middle aged Hispanic guy doing kung fu in GTA 5.

url]

true but still its like a game within a game...a beat em up iniside a sandbox.........gta had minimal melee

GTA's all about the gun battles for me, always has been, something that's very lacking in SD but made up by the melee.

For me GTA is all about the atmosphere of the city. The general vibe of the environment I'm put in, the people in the city, the radio stations, etc...

That's why VC and SA were so special.

Yeah, same for me Jamezinho (We're thinking the same again lol!). Sometimes I just like cruising round the city.

For me GTA is all about the atmosphere of the city. The general vibe of the environment I'm put in, the people in the city, the radio stations, etc...

Oh yeah of course don't get me wrong that's what GTA's do the best, build a living breathing city, fill it with fleshed out interesting characters and tell stories that are plausible. But in terms of gameplay mechanics it's the shooting stuff that's always been primarily GTA rather than any kind of melee.

I always find that the best moments of GTAs to me are those in which I'm just wandering around and things happen. I would rate the missions always lower than the city itself.

I love discovering things, finding the right Radio station for each moment in the story and all those details that Rockstar put into the game, like going over and over to the Internet Caffe to find if the newspapers talk about me!

It's all about the details, and GTAs are the best games to launch for the first time with friends at home, and try crazy things together. It's always a great time and the thing swe get to experience together are unmatched by any other game, except maybe Red Dead Redemption and the Team ICO games.

The city is the real star of GTA games. Rockstar really know how to create a sandbox environment that gamers want to spend time in. Just look at Red Dead Redemption. Absolutely stunning.

By contrast, Steelport in Saints Row 3 was dreadful. Totally lacking in character, it felt rather 'samey' and instantly forgettable. The radio stations were nowhere near as good either, nor where the characters or just the random people on the street.

If Rockstar could bottle their magic and sell it to other devs they'd make a fortune.

true and thats hy sleeping dogs so speical to me also, feels like bing in hong kong and the landscaspes, environemnts and people all have great character a bit of shenmue and yakuza in there.

and why gta4 sucked it was borign new york imo gta3 was a much more fun version of new york,,,,but off course not as good gfx

The city is the real star of GTA games. Rockstar really know how to create a sandbox environment that gamers want to spend time in. Just look at Red Dead Redemption. Absolutely stunning.

By contrast, Steelport in Saints Row 3 was dreadful. Totally lacking in character, it felt rather 'samey' and instantly forgettable. The radio stations were nowhere near as good either, nor where the characters or just the random people on the street.

If Rockstar could bottle their magic and sell it to other devs they'd make a fortune.

very true and imo sqaure have done likewise with sleeping dogs..

true and thats hy sleeping dogs so speical to me also, feels like bing in hong kong and the landscaspes, environemnts and people all have great character a bit of shenmue and yakuza in there.

and why gta4 sucked it was borign new york imo gta3 was a much more fun version of new york,,,,but off course not as good gfx

I need to check out Sleeping Dogs. Heard a lot of good things about it.

I don't agree that GTA4 sucked. It's still a great game. The recreation of New York was excellent and the story was pretty good. The DLC was damn good. What let it down was the cunting cell phone and the incessant calls from friends. Nice idea but so poorly implemented. GTA4 also lacked an interesting lead character, as well as the character customisation of San Andreas (clothing, haircuts, tatoos, going to the gym or becoming a fat bastard) and the balls-out fun and stupidity. However, after playing the frankly stupid Saints Row 3, I appreciate the more realistic, gritty approach GTA4 took upon reflection.

Rockstar went a little too serious with GTA4 so a step back to the fun of VC and SA would be most welcome.

yeh niko bored me...i enjoyed the dlc..though gta4 ny was very nice graphics it lacked the quirkiness and cartoony type fun of the gta3 series games...also the city was rather bland apart from times sqaure....

whereas sleeping dogs is full of colour and exciting scenary etc.

aint played much SD yet but for me its a good balance of realism to arcadey so far..sr3 was tbh crap...gta3 series had it spot on to..gta4 was to serious....biker game was serious but good variety and gay tony a bit to aracdey/camp for me...

sleeping dogs u are an undercover cop workign in triads...u do cop work and triad work..its a great idea and works well...

GTA IV was my first and I like it the more I play it. At first I didn't really know how to approach it but after I learnt more it became brilliant. They need to be a little more forgiving with driving mechanics (especially the bikes and helicopter) but not too much.

I actually love the characters in the game. It's funny going on the Helitours and Niko blowing off the tour guide with a sarcastic "Yeah? That's great..."

And for me, the gun battles and explosions etc feel much more immersive and real than when I'm playing a game like Call of Duty. Also agree with you guys on driving around the city as I'm a big sucker for night lights in a big city....especially when the streets are wet and misty. Some nice tunes on the radio. Ah, love it!

GTA IV was my first and I like it the more I play it. At first I didn't really know how to approach it but after I learnt more it became brilliant. They need to be a little more forgiving with driving mechanics (especially the bikes and helicopter) but not too much.

I actually love the characters in the game. It's funny going on the Helitours and Niko blowing off the tour guide with a sarcastic "Yeah? That's great..."

And for me, the gun battles and explosions etc feel much more immersive and real than when I'm playing a game like Call of Duty. Also agree with you guys on driving around the city as I'm a big sucker for night lights in a big city....especially when the streets are wet and misty. Some nice tunes on the radio. Ah, love it!

playing gta4 having not played gta3 series it would be great....just lacked the comical vibes that the earlier ones had

GTA IV is still good for me, but imo TBOGT is what GTA is all about for me :)

When you play Vice City and San Andreas you'll know what I mean :)

Wow, never seen so many abbreviations in one thread!!!

GTA, GTA IV, GTA V, DLC, SD, VC, SA, TBOGT, TLAD, IMO, ASAP... Oh and LOL.... Arghhhh, I can't take this abusive of the English language anymore....

ROTFLMFAO... Shit now I'm at it...

I think it appealed to Eastern European immigrants from the 'Old Country'. I hear their a big target audience these days......

Sorry for quoting a very old post, but everybody really liked Niko here in Russia. Vladivostok FM, Russian mafia characters and the theme song of the game performed in Russian created an awesome atmospehre of playing as one of our guys :)
Though of course all those things were very exaggerated, but come on, it's a game.
(And in fact he was Serbian if I'm not mistaken)

Around 10 hours I guess? I think TBOGT is better than TLAD, imo.
Agreed lad. In honesty I couldnt stand TLAD. Wasnt into the whole Biker Gang thing and having to ride in formation as part of it....

Gay Tony was excellent as an add on and I finished that same as GTA IV's main story. Finished that too.

Im looking forward to GTA V. Im glad they moved away from some of the cheesy things that were in previous GTA's like remote controlled Helicopters that drop bombs etc....

Back
Top Bottom