Battlefield 3

B

BillyBoy

BATTLEFIELD 3 - DEVELOPED BY DICE AND ELECTRONIC ARTS

71067_400x230_3_ALL_SE.jpg

Battlefield 3 allows you to feel the full impact of battle like never before. Powered by Frostbite 2, the next generation of DICE’s cutting-edge gaming engine, Battlefield 3 delivers spectacular visuals, earth-shattering destruction and real as hell combat gameplay providing a dramatic immersive First Person Shooter experience. One moment you may be marching down a hilltop listening to the hypnotic sound of a firefight in the distance or admiring the way the light reflects off the smoke plumes of ground to air missiles rising from the city you’re about to engage. The next you’re on an urban street, surrounded, claustrophobic, fighting for your life and looking eight ways at once with all your senses on high alert, chilled at the knowledge that the building you’re hiding behind can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Welcome to Battlefield 3.

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York

Battlefield 3 features:

• Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.
  • Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3’s cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.
  • Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.
  • Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.

CXRfU.png

Official Teaser Trailer:

YouTube - BATTLEFIELD 3 - TEASER

Official Site:

http://www.ea.com/battlefield3

64 Players (on PC), Jets, Co-Op and Prone position:

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

From the Official Battlefield Blog.

I've always wondered about getting these games. I'm not a big fan of these multi-player things, I prefer a story kinda game like we have with MOH, COD.

Do these ones also do likewise?

I've always thought about picking up the last 2 games, but never bothered because of this.

FD

I've always wondered about getting these games. I'm not a big fan of these multi-player things, I prefer a story kinda game like we have with MOH, COD.

I've always thought about picking up the last 2 games, but never bothered because of this.

FD

Bad Company 2 has a pretty decent single player game, too.

FD

There's a single player to Bad Company 2 that lasts about 8 hours (at a guess?).

It's good but the core focus of the Battlefield series is the multiplayer.

-

I really would suggest giving BC2's multiplayer a fair chance, it's different than COD or most other FPS as it rewards teamplay and doesn't pigeon-hole you into using certain weapons or perks.

There's a lot of depth and strategy to it without it being complex at all and especially when you play in a squad of mates or players on the same wavelength, is probably one of the best gaming experiences there is. No lie.

A German mag has had a brief hands on with a build of the game :

bf3screenshot1.jpg

bf3screenshot2.jpg

bf3screenshot4.jpg

* Aiming for Fall 2011 release
* 4 classes
* Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together
* Frostbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written
* Lighting sounds neat, one “probe” contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.
* Level destruction is going to be “believable” but basically everything is destructible.
* Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.
* AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets
* No more “gliding” animations that look off, animation realism is a focus
* Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism
* Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats
* Plan on better, more immediate post release content
* More unlocks than Bad Company 2
* Dice trying to find a good balance between customization of your character and not having “pink rabbit hat(s)”
* Will have co-op
* There will be a kill-cam but it can be turned off
* BF3's team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2
* They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.
* Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah (Iraqi Kurdistan).
* Will be M rated
* PC version is lead version
* No mod tools at release.

Source:
http://bf3nation.com/2011/02/first-battlefield-3-screenshots-gameinformer-exclusive/

Last edited:
What's the difference between Battlefield and Bad Company?

Bad Company is the consolized version of the main Battlefield franchise and was one of the first BF games to offer a single player component. The main Battlefield games offer according to most people a superior multiplayer experience compared to Bad Company. Battlefield 3 seems to be bringing both together by adding up both games good points.

Re: Re: Battlefield 3

Bad Company is the consolized version of the main Battlefield franchise and was one of the first BF games to offer a single player component. The main Battlefield games offer according to most people a superior multiplayer experience compared to Bad Company. Battlefield 3 seems to be bringing both together by adding up both games good points.

The only good thing about bc2 is the graphics and destruction environment. The rest battlefield fucks all over bc2. Imo if course.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Fucking interrupting the gameplay! The lighting looks really good from the small segments.

That looks fab.

Although I'm still not following this.

Is it a multi-player game i.e. deathmatches with everyone?

It looked at a point that there was a story unravelling with the guy pointing at a map and stuff.

FD

Fan of the Battlefield: Bad Company series? If so, EA and DICE have released a teaser trailer teasing Battlefield: Bad Company 3. You join a team of Marines who'll see action in Paris, Iraq, and even New York so expect crap to hit the fan the moment you control you're character.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Trailer Teases Urban Warfare - National Steam Content | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/steam-conte...-3-trailer-teases-urban-warfare#ixzz1EsHIg9Ej

FD

Lol journalists. Its Battlefield 3 not Bad Company 3. Thats a different series of games.

Back
Top Bottom