ArmA 2: for PC and Xbox 360.

Hmm could have sworn I posted 4 more new pics, was my post deleted? :(

ArmA2_Ingame-20.jpg

ArmA2_Ingame-24.jpg

ArmA2_Ingame-28.jpg

ArmA2_RazorTeam.jpg

ArmA2_RazorTeam_02.jpg

Maybe I'm going senile.........

Dear God! Placebo those shots look absolutley great!! If they dont make a PS3 version I may have to buy a 360 for this!

It's quite funny people saying that our game is visually pretty close to Codemaster's Operation Flashpoint 2, especially considering their team consists of 200 people and they have a budget of somewhere around £20m, imagine what we could do with that! :)

Seen article on OF2 earlier not read it yet watched video yesterday with gameplay in background didnt get to see much really.

But i think it looks good probably get both but i loved first Arma so cant wait for number 2.

My biggest gripe with Arma though was AI and how it reacted poorly at times i hope there is more control over them this time.

I really like the graphics style - looks realistic rather than just shiny with bright colours to show off.

I have heard that this is a simulation type game and for me, realistic games > pick up and play games, I may well get this :)).

My biggest gripe with Arma though was AI and how it reacted poorly at times i hope there is more control over them this time.

Did you try any of the AI mods? Apparently they help to get rid of some of the silly moments ;) Regarding the AI for me I find the complaints all relative, yes the AI in ArmA can have it's dementia moments, but compared to other games it's still lightyears ahead because the AI is dynamic, it will never do the same things twice whereas all other games just rely on scripted elements for their AI :)

Yes Rob it's definitely simulation, it get pigeon-holed in "shooter" but that's really inaccurate, it's a military simulation as far as we're concerned :)

Ye i tried scripts used to dab around with them all time i think i tried some mods aswell cant remember.

But anyway what annoys me most is when they come under fire they auto go prone and sit there like lemons and also i would like more option for AI to enter buildings and do clear out properly.

But i want AI to run for cover and work tatically but i understand how this could be very hard to implement. I know it all works from code but its frustrating to get it all sorted would be nice if there was some kind of interface where you can sort out AI actions etc.

I mean i create like attack town kind of setup and i get soldiers to all attack and the second there gun fire all go prone but its not like get back up they keep crawling and this is in open space so sitting ducks. Would be nice if they run or crawled for cover and got out the way of line of fire maybe im dreaming of ultimate AI thats not possible yet. :DD

Apart from this though rest of game rocks editor keeps me occupied for many hours just making huge scale battles and dropping self in so fun.

Last edited:
I've never really been into Beastiality, but that dog would get it!!!!

This game looks tasty.

Been playing the series since the very first day it came out.

ARMA 2 looks great, but doesn't look like its a massive improvement on the original Arma. The graphics do look a bit sharped but that could just be the Post Processing effects, but I like the idea of the RPG elements, like asking civlians about how many enemy tanks went through the town etc. Ask him a few days later and they might not remember exactly how many.

Operation Flashpoint 2 however does look to be a massive step forward.

Looking forward to both however.

If you prefer games like COD4 however, i reckon you will find it very hard to get into ArmA. Its slow, tactical, team based and the original ArmA was until the very recent patch, plagued with bugs and poor netcode. But If you want a realistic simulation of war on air, ground and sea, go for it.

Graphically I think Armed Assault is the most beautiful game in existence. 400km2 of rolling hills, towns, bridge, sea, forrests, cities. And if you whack your settings up including the view distance, couple it with real time dynamic lighting and weather effects, those who haven't played can start to imagine how good that really is.

The best thing about Flashpoint/ArmA has and always will be the community. The sound mods, FX mods, new units etc.

Last edited:
Im really looking forward to Operation Flashpoint 2 aswell. After hearing what the developers are doing with the game it sounds extremely impressive.

Not knocking Arma. Bohemia have done an amazing job creting probably one of the most revolutionay game engines in history with such small resources. Konami could learn alot from BIS. Even a developer of ArmA would have to admit the Op Flash 2 looks very promosing indeed. The animations for instance on the Javelin launch sequence, getting into vehicles, moving parts of vehicles etc, kicking doors down etc ;)

Both games should provide me with many hours of fun.

Been playing the series since the very first day it came out.

ARMA 2 looks great, but doesn't look like its a massive improvement on the original Arma. The graphics do look a bit sharped but that could just be the Post Processing effects, but I like the idea of the RPG elements, like asking civlians about how many enemy tanks went through the town etc. Ask him a few days later and they might not remember exactly how many.

Operation Flashpoint 2 however does look to be a massive step forward.

Looking forward to both however.

If you prefer games like COD4 however, i reckon you will find it very hard to get into ArmA. Its slow, tactical, team based and the original ArmA was until the very recent patch, plagued with bugs and poor netcode. But If you want a realistic simulation of war on air, ground and sea, go for it.

Graphically I think Armed Assault is the most beautiful game in existence. 400km2 of rolling hills, towns, bridge, sea, forrests, cities. And if you whack your settings up including the view distance, couple it with real time dynamic lighting and weather effects, those who haven't played can start to imagine how good that really is.

The best thing about Flashpoint/ArmA has and always will be the community. The sound mods, FX mods, new units etc.

Yeah community where it at some fantastic mods and addons.

Best thing love about Arma is editor just creating huge battles freedom to create what want on huge Island is immense you just dont get this kind of War simulation with Call of Duty etc.

Still got the "Soldier...........at.........................10................................O CLOCK!!!..........IS..............................HISTORY" audio then ;)

Still got the "Soldier...........at.........................10................................O CLOCK!!!..........IS..............................HISTORY" audio then ;)

It's necessary, the radio system is completely dymamic, unlike other games which have scripted events continuously throughout the action Flashpoint/ArmA is the only game that has a fully dynamic system for commanding and responding to the action as it unfolds. The only other option would be to record every single variable as a full line of dialogue and that would be extremely costly and time consuming for the thousands of lines that would be possible.

Back
Top Bottom