ArmA 2: for PC and Xbox 360.

Hopefully it's better than Armed Assault 1. Really disappointed me. Wasn't the step up from Operation Flashpoint I was hoping for. The missions in particular were very poor. Plenty of fun to be had in the mission editor again though

Well yes some people were disappointed by the ArmA campaign, but at the end of the day it still tells more of a story than many other games, certainly the scope of the engine itself surpasses that of most war games, AI certainly is well beyond any game out there due to its dynamic nature rather than being scripted. Even if the ArmA campaign isn't your thing there are countless community made campaigns and missions to download and play which is something you don't get with mainstream war games, also there's the multiplayer which is much more involving and varied than other games as well, hopefully that will translate just as well to the console version of ArmA2 :)

Wasn't aware of this before, but the new island of ArmA2 (Chernarus) will be 230km² gonna make for some interesting multiplayer, capture the island over all that ;)

Love the first Arma so definately getting this new one nothing groundbreaking in terms of visuals (although Arma 2 looks lovely) but i just love the editor so much endless scenarios you can make is amazing. Love just making full scale wars and chucking myself in action plus the community and addons that are made are aweosme. :DD

Still playing it aswell using the Mando Bombs and Air Support Console 1.2 at minute freaking immense put like 30 UAZ's then call in 4 planes boom! :DD

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?m=single&id=2792

Now i would really love if Call of Duty had editor like this it shame its not put into more games great feature.

Oh and cheers for info Placebo keep us updated. :))

Last edited:
Yep, that's what I said on the last page.
There was something about the controls in ArmA I really didn't like, I was looking at the demo and thinking "wow" but as soon as I was in the game it felt really awkward.

But I don't want to offend Placebo ( it's hard talking about a game with someone who works for the company listening in ;) ) and I'm looking forward to the new one on 360, my PC can't cope with games any more...

Last edited:
LOL well I'm afraid we'll probably be sticking with the same beta group we had for ArmA who did a really great job, but if I can sneak any info to you guys I will do ;)

To be honest I wouldn't consider it much like COD4 at all, COD4 is designed to feel like you're playing a war movie, ArmA2 is designed to feel like you're really at war ;)

COD/GRAW and the like are very much corridor shooters with scripted AI which force the player along a linear path of both story telling and experiences, ArmA2 is very open, you can achieve your objectives any way you want, attack the enemy from any distance you like, find a helicopter and attack from the air, steal an enemy tank and attack with their own vehicles, things like that, it's like a sandbox war simulator more than anything else. ArmA2 will also have RPG elements I believe, for example enter a village and you can go up to a villager and ask them questions such as have they seen any enemy forces, when, where did they go, how many, things like that :)

u cant explane, OPF and ArmA. u have to play it. its not Rembo game, where u can hold hundrets of shots. one shot, that what u need to kill oponent/AI, same apply to u. COD4 its just joke, its took me only 6 hrs to completed. All true ArmA have better graphics , OPF have better single mode game, but as my point of view, beauty of the both games is multiplayer. all true ArmA have lack of tanks and chopers compere to OPF, there for there no disent MF CTI mission for ArmA.

Last edited:
Bohemia press release:
Bohemia Interactive Studio, the developer of the critically acclaimed, highly realistic military simulations ArmA: Armed Assault and Operation Flashpoint*, announce the release of the first genuine ArmA 2 in-game screenshot.

“Here, at Bohemia Interactive, we strongly believe in fair attitude towards our customers. Therefore we have a very strict policy when it comes to publishing in-game screenshots. We guarantee and take pride in the fact that the screenshots are not processed in any way that would make them look better than in the actual gameplay. What you see is what you get.” Says Bohemia Interactive Studio’s CEO Marek Spanel.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6906_en.html

Cant wait for this loved the first showing how its done release in game shot. :))

arma203russianarmyyc6.png

arma204tankcombatap8.png

arma202helicoptercombatjd6.png

arma201usmarinessu5.png

ETA Q1 2009.

505 Games is today proud to announce it has signed a publishing agreement with esteemed developer Bohemia Interactive to bring the follow-up to 2007's most realistic PC tactical shooter, ArmA: Armed Assault, to Europe in Q1 2009.

It looks cool.

The first picture the guy dragging the other guy looks a bit camp.

I bet he is saying;

'Oooh I just did my nails and now I have to drag this little bitches dead arse around, if he was alive I would scratch his little eyes out!!'

Last edited:
Placebo why is it only listing for PC in Q1 2009? Most sites have it down for next-gen consoles (360/PS3). Have the console versions been delayed?

Placebo why is it only listing for PC in Q1 2009? Most sites have it down for next-gen consoles (360/PS3). Have the console versions been delayed?

Yeah I questioned that as well, apparently the console version is still in the works but we have to wait for official "console development" certification before we can announce it (previous press releases said PC + Next gen consoles).

Oh that would explain things. I just hope that the certification includes both PS3 and 360 developement. I really would like to play this game but I cant go out and buy a 360 just for this can I? Have a word with them Placebo. ;)

Back
Top Bottom