Top Spin 4

Re: Top Spin 3 (PS3/360/Wii/DS)

New Top Spin 3 details: online mode, ranked games, more

It looks like 2K Sports is really dedicated to making Top Spin 3 (DS, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii) a standout title. A recent conference call with lead producer Anthony DeLuca revealed more details about the game.

The main differences between the three next-gen console versions of the game will be in gameplay and online mode. The Wii will offer more casual games and will of course utilize the Wiimote. Timing, positioning, and aiming will also be given more focus.

Online mode, meanwhile, is limited to Top Spin 3's PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions. The game will mark the debut of the "World Tour" mode, a series of two-week tournaments and leaderboards. Online co-op isn't available, however, due mostly to framerate and lag issues.

As for ranked games, gamers will only be able to play ranked singles matches. Probably because of the lack of online co-op, there will be no ranked doubles matches. The ever-ubiquitous DLC will also be made available in order to add more players, equipment and customization options to the game.

To keep up with the game's arrival on next gen consoles (Top Spin 3 is the series' second outing on the Xbox 360 and the first on the PS3 and Wii), both graphics and sound have been given an overhaul. There will be no commentators in the game, but there will be environmental sounds such as crowd noise and dynamic weather.

True-blue tennis fans will also be getting a kick out of the players' unique signature moves. For a list of players making an appearance in Top Spin 3, check out this previous QJ.NET article. The game comes out on June 24. Stay tuned for more news.

http://ps3.qj.net/New-Top-Spin-3-details-online-mode-ranked-games-more/pg/49/aid/119969

Why is Nadal only in the PS3 version?

i think i buy it no doubt, but the less points from the videos 360

- framerate, few times we can't see the problem
- the strange sliding when the player shoot
- the faces players, need more details
- maximum 720p/1080i
- no co-op in online double

i think i buy it no doubt, but the less points from the videos 360

- framerate, few times we can't see the problem
- the strange sliding when the player shoot
- the faces players, need more details
- maximum 720p/1080i
- no co-op in online double
:lmao: You dropped some of those straws you are clutching at ;)).

Re: Top Spin 3 (PS3/360)

All I want to know is:

1. have they removed the forced camera angle switching for single player (why must I play from the top of the screen in single player?)

and 2. have they removed the constant cut-scenes after every single damn point that have to be watched or skipped to get to the next point?

TP2 was fairly decent except for those two annoyances.........

Very good points. And let me add that we need at least 64 players for each gender to have a real life kinda game. I mean it gets boring playing the same 4 guys over and over.
Please sign mcenroe, lendl, noah, edberg and the likes of them.

I've never understood why tennis games only have about 20 characters in them all the time? :((

I remember International 3D Tennis (IIRC) on the Amiga. Players were 3D wireframe models (no textures) and that is still the best tennis game I've ever played.

It had a career mode with HUNDREDS of players. You started off in qualifying matches and if you got through to the event (Wimbledon for example), you could be drawn against a Pro. I only did it once and it was such I thrill - I was so nervous playing against a 'real pro'.

international_3d_tennis_02.gif

There you go - you crazy kids and your AA and 720p ... this is what we had 'back in the day'. And it was actually C64, not the Amiga, so older than I thought!

Anyway... just passing through! :LOL:

Last edited:

Na the best tennis game was Pete Sampras tennis on the Megadrive :TU:

we need EA to get the tennis licences and then create 100's of authenicated tennis players with official sponsers etc LOL

imagine a fifa equivalent for tennis LOL. damm i never thought i would say this about EA lol. ususualy im againts EA at all costs but now here i am begging and wishing they made a tennis game lol

due to Blu Ray tobi... ive already said that! lol! nah he probably has some kind of sponsorship with the PlayStation brand... ive seen that sorta thing before.

I missed that, I think i remember there being a Nadal tennis game but that was on the DS.

I've pre ordered the game today and its only £30.

Is it really?! Bloody hell. When's it out in UK?

I watched some of Nadal v Federer today and it was awesome tennis :)).

20th June, bloody hell, why a months difference?! Waiting for nearer Wimbledon maybe?

Last edited:

must be timbo the king. game looks great but i'm strapped for cash and its eitehr mgs4 or this. easy choice imo. bye bye top spin 3 helllo mgs4! its a pitty u 360 only fans are missing out on a game that is on the same level has gta4

MGS wouldn't interest me anyway :)).

Last edited:

MGS2 was my first PS2 title, great game, EXTREMELY long cut scenes but the gameplay was truly amazing, felt so nextgen from PS1 titles.

Back
Top Bottom