[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Went back to play Final Fantasy X on my PS2. I'm close to finishing it as well, I think? I must be because I'm about 50 hrs in...

I've finished it when it first came out but can't remember a thing of it now. Its like a new game to me.

I feel like playing a couple of games on my PS2, but not sure as I may get rid of it shortly.

At the mo trying to complete Assassins Creed, just on the codex map part. Just that and PES still playing, haven't even looked at Fear 2, COD:MW2 and WWE2010 yet which I got for Xmas.

FD

Been a while since posting what I have been gaming, so will just give all details until I post again.

Shadow Complex : XB360 What a fun game this is, I love it. Now I never liked the Castlevania games, nor did I ever play the old Metroid games, only the Prime series, so when I heard Metroid-vania I was like, oh balls, not sure I would like this. Come the Christmas sales week and I just went, meh, 800 points, I'll give it a go, seems people think it's cool. LOVE IT! Such fun indeed, especially like the melee attacks, but just getting the upgrades is cool too, not sure how people would get through the game with only 13% upgrades used or found, but still on my first play through and really enjoying it.

Battlefield 1943 : XBLA and PSN Downloaded this game on both machines, cause I thought, ah why not, both on offer for a combined total of 9 quid I can have both versions. Another great game to have sat on you HDD, and so far anytime I have fired it up there have been full rooms, between 18-24 people. Sure I'm duff at times, but you dont feel as totally out of the battle on this than some other online shooters. Simple shooting fun.

Burnout Paradise : PSN Again, I own this game multiple times on disc, but with the sale, I just thought, ohhh be nice to have that on my HDD, and lo and behold I bought the Big Surf and all pack, just a shame there wasnt a BUY EVERYTHING PACK, the add-ons are quite expensive for what they give I think, but that's my opinion, maybe if the early ones had been cheap and the cost of the later ones low too it would ride easier. Hadnt been to Big Surf before, so couple of races around downtown and away I went over the Bridge, it's just mega fun, love the jumps, love the dirt buggy or whatever you want to call it. And it's sitting there on my HDD anytime I want to burn round a place, do jumps, and just a change of pace from anything.

Kingdom for Keflings: XBLA Another XBL offer, ended up playing it for over a couple of hours, not sure I'll go back to it too much, but it was novel and simple. And I'll just build one more new building type mentality to the game.

The Maw: XBLA More XBL offers, and it's another simple fun game so far, just had a very quick go on this, will go back to it again sometime.

Sega Rally : XB360 Have had this game since launch all sealed for years, never got round to playing it, anyhow, picked up a 2nd hand copy instead of opening my sealed game and was like, how did I not play this years ago. It's truly arcade rally action at it's best, see some minor slow down at some points, but overall, the cars move at blistering pace and the tracks are fun and the handling is spot on, and in my view, the game does play easier than Sega Rally 3 Arcade, but then it's a different type of Championship in this game than in the Arcade game, which is good in ways, does take away from it a little.

I have more, but that will do for now.

Assassins Creed II - Finished it this week, good game, but not a goty.

Batman: AA - Just started, looks like the good reviews and comments were correct. Has a good feel/speed to it. And it looks really nice aswell.

Demon's souls: Having invested more than 65 hours by now and on my 2nd run of the game (yes, I'm playing it again after finishing it). It's soooo good.

I started playing Brütal : Legend, that is just what I expected: creative and fun game, quite weak in some parts but overall something that makes me play now and then some hour.

Occasionally, fifa 10 just to play 2 vs 2 full manual and avoiding secondary pression, with some members of this forum who are great to play with.

After playing demon's souls, it's my goty of 2009 by far, followed by uncharted 2. On third place I would put both batman and assassin's II (both were too easy/simple ni gameplay departmen to deserve more).

I've hardly played any proper games for weeks now... I've played some iPod games and had a few games of Virtual Pool 3 (still the best pool/snooker game you can get, by far) against some mates but that's it.

Mass Effect is the only game I played in 2010.
I played all the way through 5 times and I need to do it 1 more time before ME2.

It's possible that I play Fifa tonight because I invited some friends over.

World Championship Snooker 09

Quality game with one of the most authentic career modes and CPU AI around :)).

It's not about the end, but I wanted to be prepared for ME2 having 1 character as a good guy and 1 character as a bad girl with all big decisions (and most of the misisons) completely opposite. I'll see if it has a real impact on ME2 (and ME3...).

I also played with another Biotic character and the combats were really different. It was more fun.

My last playthrought was for my Guy Shepard to achieve level 60. After completing the game once, the next playthrought are only 5-6 h long. Not that long :)...

Why?! Surely the game doesn't end differently?

It does have different endings depending on the options you choose at the end. AFAIK there were 4, but I only played through it 3 times so so only saw 3.

It's not about the end, but I wanted to be prepared for ME2 having 1 character as a good guy and 1 character as a bad girl with all big decisions (and most of the misisons) completely opposite. I'll see if it has a real impact on ME2 (and ME3...).

I also played with another Biotic character and the combats were really different. It was more fun.

My last playthrought was for my Guy Shepard to achieve level 60. After completing the game once, the next playthrought are only 5-6 h long. Not that long :)...

Oh oke, didn't realise that you could do all that for the sequels. That's pretty cool!

Yeah according to various sites the following things carry over from Mass Effect to ME2.

Who you chose to save halfway through the story - e.g. in my case it was Ashley or Kaiden and I chose to save Kaiden. Also, how your game ended i.e. whether you chose to save the council, concentrate all effort on Sovereign leaving the council to die etc etc - There were supposedly 4 separate endings. Also, who you appointed the new council leader, I chose Captain Anderson. You also carry over your level and other details - my level was 60 and other details were Soldier and default looking Shepard.

I think it's a great idea carrying over your previous character, especially if you edited yours to look like yourself, and also all your hard work doing all the side missions is carried over. I think other sequels should do the same.

----------------

Games played this last week:

God of War Collection - I absolutely love this series.
Mass Effect - Playing through again so that I can remember the story in time for next week.
Army of Two 40th Day - took me 6hrs to complete, what a load of shite can't believe I paid £35 for this.

I've hardly played any proper games for weeks now... I've played some iPod games and had a few games of Virtual Pool 3 (still the best pool/snooker game you can get, by far) against some mates but that's it.

As far as Pool games go Rob, Hustle Kings on the PS3 is amazing. Physics are perfect, awesome HD graphics, and very addictive. I'm actually not sure how you could possibly better it to be honest. I find it flawless. Never played Virtual Pool 3 though. PC only I guess ?

I have been hammering UFC Undisputed for the last two weeks, with a bit of ML and Bal mixed in on PES. I just cant get off the UFC game though. Loving my career with my Jose Aldo.

I've seen videos of Hustle Kings, and doesn't it have aiming aids? They kill any realism really, if there's an option to turn them off then it may challenge VP3.

VP3 is PC only, and must be about 10 years old by now, but the physics are so accurate and all the controls work well - I usually don't like playing games with the mouse, but it feels much better than flicking an analog stick or setting a power bar.
The graphics are crap though, but that's to be expected from such an old game.

It's not the game to go for if you want to play random people online, although there is still some activity on the GameSpy lobby.

You can turns aiming aids off, yep. When you do a career mode, it shortens the aim as you get further on making it harder.

I've seen videos of Hustle Kings, and doesn't it have aiming aids? They kill any realism really, if there's an option to turn them off then it may challenge VP3.

VP3 is PC only, and must be about 10 years old by now, but the physics are so accurate and all the controls work well - I usually don't like playing games with the mouse, but it feels much better than flicking an analog stick or setting a power bar.
The graphics are crap though, but that's to be expected from such an old game.

It's not the game to go for if you want to play random people online, although there is still some activity on the GameSpy lobby.

As Dags said mate, you can turn the aiming line off, and find lobbys were there is no aiming line and a 30 second time limit. I play that. Aiming lines are pathetic. Pointless unless your learning the game. I went aiming line free from the off though, much better.

Civ IV and the expansion packs.
Smackdown 2010.... again

I'm about to start on 2 games my brothers lent to me - Saboteur and some game I'd not even heard of so I'm assuming will be terrible 'Rogue Warrior'
0009315512590_215X215.jpg

It really is terrible I've read/heard. 2/10 on Eurogamer etc, workmate finished it in 2 hours.

As Dags said mate, you can turn the aiming line off, and find lobbys were there is no aiming line and a 30 second time limit. I play that. Aiming lines are pathetic. Pointless unless your learning the game. I went aiming line free from the off though, much better.
Cool, sounds a good game :).

No snooker/pool games feel that realistic to me though, and never can to be honest... Aiming a shot in real life isn't about thinking "left a bit, right a bit" etc. it's just a natural thing where you step back, look at a shot and then walk up and hit it, that couldn't be done in a game.
My highest break in real life is 77 (iirc, must have been about 6 or 7 years ago) but on VP3 I can't even get 30, even though it has near perfect physics and no aiming aid, that proves my point :P.

Pool/snooker games are still great fun though, especially multiplayer :).

My highest break in real life is 77 (iirc, must have been about 6 or 7 years ago)

Jeez, that is some break mate, well done, very impressive. I find Snooker very hard IRL. Pool I'm pretty good at though, at times. I must admit I find Hustle Kings very realistic without the aiming line. What you expect to go in usually does, and when you mis-judge it slightly, you feel like you knew where you went wrong.

Back
Top Bottom