Rock Band Thread

Re: Rock Band - Harmonix, 360 / PS3

It's far-fetched to think anyone might lose to me. If the dog came in and chewed on the gamepad he'd probably play better than I do.

£120 is still a rip off compared to what it really works out as

£120 is still a rip off compared to what it really works out as

Trouble is the bar has been set by GH. £70 for GH3 on 360 - now you are getting (what looks a decent) drum kit, Mic, better guitar - and a better gameplay experience.

Dont know how anyone who loves music cannot be going gaga for this.

As for being 'a childs toy'... that is a bit of weird statement! If you play the drums successfully on expert, it is considered that you will be able to play a proper drum kit to a decent standard.

That alone is very impressive.

From having owned the GuitarFreaks/DrumMania series on PS2, I know how hard the drumming is going to be! Certainly not 'childsplay'...

Trouble is the bar has been set by GH. £70 for GH3 on 360 - now you are getting (what looks a decent) drum kit, Mic, better guitar - and a better gameplay experience.

Dont know how anyone who loves music cannot be going gaga for this.

As for being 'a childs toy'... that is a bit of weird statement! If you play the drums successfully on expert, it is considered that you will be able to play a proper drum kit to a decent standard.

That alone is very impressive.

From having owned the GuitarFreaks/DrumMania series on PS2, I know how hard the drumming is going to be! Certainly not 'childsplay'...

Its not weird at all, your sitting in front of a screen playing with plastic toys

i didnt say it was easy to play i just said its like a kids toy

This is my most awaited game of the year, with Ratchet and Clank. Hopefully my real life drum practice comes to use here. Rock on!! :rock::rock:

When you're sitting in front of the screen playing FIFA or PES holding a regular controller... What are you doing? :)

Playing on a plastic guitar and hitting plastic drums is a bit different from holding a standard controller

i would love to have a go on one but wouldnt ever buy one

Playing on a plastic guitar and hitting plastic drums is a bit different from holding a standard controller

If you have a go at one, you'll probably buy it. Trust me, that's what happened to me. ;)

You are missing out big time...

I never really saw the GH controller as a 'controller' really, I played it like a proper guitar - i.e. flicked at the strum bar like flicking real strings. Most people I've seen play it, hold the strum bar and move it - that to me seems like a controller and would spoil the immersion for me...

Do we know if the rock band guitar will work with GH3 or if the GH3 guitar will work with rock band?

I dont fancy having to buy 2 guitars - and especially dont want to buy one and find it doesnt work with the other game, but the 'other' guitar works on both

The Rock Band guitar has frets at the top and the bottom of the board rather than just at the top, and I don't think the GH3 guitar has that. So you could use the GH3 guitar as a bass in Rock Band, perhaps, but if you used it as the main guitar you'd be missing out. The Rock Band one should be compatible with GH3 though so I'd get that.

I'll be missing GH3, don't think the songs are up to much at all. Blergh. But Rock Band is the game I'm most looking forward to for the next few months.

I notice a few sites have got it down as November for the US and next year for us... Bastards.

Ew, ew and ew. Why do they have to use such old songs? I know there's classics but come on, this is 2007, there's plenty of great new bands... I'd rather see them split the games into e.g. Rock Band 80s/90s and Rock Band 2007, so that I don't have to listen to the girlfriend complete "Sweet Child Of Mine" 321,653,235 times over. God I hate that fucking song.

The classics are the best

the game wouldnt sell at all if there were modern rock songs in there because there all shit recently

Is the game great fun overall or does it feel lije the 80's did - where you had some great stuff but the rest was shit you played once and never went back to.

?

I'm after it on the ps3 - but im also after rock band ps3 - and i don't want to buy gh3 and a new guitar and then find the tracks are crap to play like the 80's one was and then have to pay out another chunk for RB and its kit.

And is the ps2 version any good? Are there any differences other than no online stuff like dlc and graphics etc...

I might give that a try as it'll be cheaper and i already have the gear to play it on the ps2

Well, definitely better than 80's.

Overall presentation I feel is not as good as before, I mean things like those jokes in the loading screens, they aren't as clever as before.

But the game itself is good fun, and most songs are good/great.

i ordered rockband yesterday from gamestop - $200 all in!!! Bargain :-) Even if the DLC doesnt work with the US version then I'll just get the European solus version when it comes out.

Seen people on Ebay selling it in the UK (they will have it in the UK to ship in November) for £170 + £30 postage!!

Cannot wait to get it - keep watching vids on YouTube and it just looks awesome. Love the way the game works - i.e. you tour the US playing small sets, but they are regionalised - if you play a gig in Seattle, you play Nirvana, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters etc.

To unlock other (bigger) venues, you have to earn fans - i.e. you cannot play a stadium until you have a following of 60,000 fans.

So it sounds like there is quite some depth to the game as well as the great mechanics of the actual song playing...

i ordered rockband yesterday from gamestop - $200 all in!!! Bargain :-) Even if the DLC doesnt work with the US version then I'll just get the European solus version when it comes out.

Seen people on Ebay selling it in the UK (they will have it in the UK to ship in November) for £170 + £30 postage!!

Cannot wait to get it - keep watching vids on YouTube and it just looks awesome. Love the way the game works - i.e. you tour the US playing small sets, but they are regionalised - if you play a gig in Seattle, you play Nirvana, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters etc.

To unlock other (bigger) venues, you have to earn fans - i.e. you cannot play a stadium until you have a following of 60,000 fans.

So it sounds like there is quite some depth to the game as well as the great mechanics of the actual song playing...

I like the layout of that, sounds like a good way to progress through the game. No way I'm paying £200 for Rock Band though. I'm only really interested in the guitar and drums. Possibly the bass at some point but certainly not interested in the mic.

so how much is it gonna be in the UK?

£100 from America sounds OK

I like the layout of that, sounds like a good way to progress through the game. No way I'm paying £200 for Rock Band though. I'm only really interested in the guitar and drums. Possibly the bass at some point but certainly not interested in the mic.

American prices:

Rock Band Game
PS3/360
$59.99

Rock Band Drum Set
PS3/360
$79.99

Rock Band Microphone
PS3/360
$29.99

Rock Band Wireless Fender Guitar Controller
PS3/360
$59.99/$79.99

Rock Band Bundle
PS3/360
$169.99

Much cheaper to get the bundle then.

I'm presuming the US one isn't region free...

(Oh please God say it is, I would kiss a man for this game)

Its EA making it isnt it?

if so theres no hope

Back
Top Bottom