FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

the 2 biggest things they need to fix in my opinion is the ai and the tactics

fifa wc 06 feels too rigid to me, the 9 outfield players that you're not controlling seem to sit in 3 banks (defence, midfield, forwards) and just move up and down the pitch in relation to where the ball is, no players seem to break formation unless you're controlling him or you tell someone to make a run, this results in sweet spots where you know if you can work the ball into certain positions you'll be able to get a shot at goal so you end up trying to do the same thing over and over again which results in a lot of identical games

they've tried to rectify this problem in the past with gimmicks like "off the ball (tm)" which just doesn't work, they really need to work on the tactical side of the game and give options like we/pes where you can give instructions to individual players, for me that's always been the beauty of pes, the way you can tweak your tactics to get the team playing more or less how you want and the possibility to really change a game when you're struggling

if they can sort these things out then i'll more than likely buy it, as it is i'll either rent or download it, play it for a few day and get sucked in then finally realise i'm just doing the same old thing every game before binning it

Mate there are 10 outfield players and 1 goal keeper.... unless your playing in the world cup finals with France V Italy lol

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Mate there are 10 outfield players and 1 goal keeper.... unless your playing in the world cup finals with France V Italy lol

DJ

read what i said, "the 9 outfield players that you're NOT controlling" ;)

you can do whatever you want with the player under your control but the others seem to stick rigidly to the formation and move up and down the pitch in relation to the ball

FIFA 2007 Xbox :

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Looks like FIFA 06 lol :) thought Nike would change the ball for the new season? unless its being used as a placeholder, also is the Newcastle home kit going to be the same this season?

DJ

Nah if thats Xbox 360 screens danhammer then im going to be a millionare next week! They are current gen PS2 ported Xbox Screenshots.....

DJ

oh come on, the 360 graphics won't be much better, just these but shinier that's it, they need to sort out the bloody player models and such first, before anyone can say theyre good graphics cause they really aren't on RWC or FWC06. They need to sort out the shooting and passing, and they need to get someone else to do the bloody animations for the players because right now, theyre awful, basically, they need to overhaul the whole thing...again

One of the MAJOR problems with game development right now is that no game is exclusive to any platform. fifa 07 will see itself in different iterations through all the consoles that are out right now. i only feel that RTTWC was more next gen. WC2006 was more of a nicer looking port of what was on the PS2,XBOX and GC respectively. IF EACanada are dooing fifa 07 we should NOT expect aything different this time around. But I do feel that IF EA wants to revamp the fifa series in genral it should do so with fifa 07. It's just a shame that fifa 07 will make it's way to the other platforms. I just want to start having some sports games that can be onbly done on next gen consoles.

Would next gen consoles include the PC? :D

BumperMan said:
One of the MAJOR problems with game development right now is that no game is exclusive to any platform. fifa 07 will see itself in different iterations through all the consoles that are out right now. i only feel that RTTWC was more next gen. WC2006 was more of a nicer looking port of what was on the PS2,XBOX and GC respectively. IF EACanada are dooing fifa 07 we should NOT expect aything different this time around. But I do feel that IF EA wants to revamp the fifa series in genral it should do so with fifa 07. It's just a shame that fifa 07 will make it's way to the other platforms. I just want to start having some sports games that can be onbly done on next gen consoles.

True the sooner the other two consoles come out tthe better.

Hmmm.. Is this really FIFA 07? Cuz if it is then that means those screens are also FIFA 07 and they look exactly like FIFA 06 to me.

Hmmmm.

firts thing I noticed was that players look heavier(good thing) second was a more natural movement and third ball pyhsics are better. but I guess this is XBOX version not 360. I really like the one two pass that looked real in my opinion.the shooting was way to quick to see if it has been improved however. If EA implemenets the WE kicking systems on goal then EA will be king this year.

Doubla R said:
Hmmm.. Is this really FIFA 07? Cuz if it is then that means those screens are also FIFA 07 and they look exactly like FIFA 06 to me.

well, it surely is. fifa 06 looked also like fifa 05 and fifa 05 looked like fifa 04. no evolution in nearly 3 or 4 years. EA.

btw is that a Xbox or Xbox 360 video? cause on gamespot it is listed under 360.

Last edited:

I read Games Master magazine and this will make some of you laugh.. it said this for FIFA 07 "Now we know we have said this before and you have all been dissapointed but this really is 100% the best FIFA game in ages and Pro Evo should start seriously looking over its shoulder".... didnt I read this exact same Paragraph last year? FIFA 06 then turned out to be dissapointing and more like a kids football game than a serious Pro Evo one. Looks like same old hype to me, but as usual will play the demo before making judgement.

DJ

Is it just me or do all the players look the same!! All in breads if you ask me!! Also agree on the hype it's just the same with WE and PES it's all smoke and mirrors for very little change!!

The bigger the fanfare the more they sell!! seems if they put as much effort into the title as they do into the marketing EA would have the most definitive Sim out there already!!;)

In agreement with you on both counts. Its about time something changed, Unless FIFA is dramatically better gameplay wise than WC 06 was then there is no way ill be getting that! Speaking of WC I think ill trade it in now ive got all the acheivements for it!

DJ

Please dont flame me for saying this but those gameplay mechanics look exactly the same as WC 06 with a few tweaks here and there! it still looks very automated and Arcadey and not how it should.

Now ive seen that I know all the stuff EA are saying about the changes is complete rubbish. But as usual I will play the demo myself when it comes out and pass judgement then.

DJ

i just wathced the trailer, the skills an stuff look good, but the ball just seems so weird, like it will just drop to the ground too quick?

it just doesnt look natural :(

That interview was horrible. EA brought on a guy that has never worked on a sport game. What a load of bull for us. This guy did fps's! WTF EA? WTF?!

EA showing that they STILL dont know how to make a football game :)

DJ

Back
Top Bottom