Football Manager 2011

Hi all,

How do you rate the game as a whole? Is it worth buying? I am undecided as to whether I want to buy the game or not...

Well, I've come to the end of my Football Manager game. Started at Villa and stayed there for 8 years. Got the England job running alongside for the last 2 years. Qualified for the World Cup and then made it to the 1st knockout round and lost to Switzerland in a match where we did everything but score. It was just one of those matches, I didn't do anything wrong so I'm happy.

Now to update my game and start a new one as Charlton :)). Anyone know a good update site?

Realised I didnt even have FM2011! Only FM2010.

Was umming-and-aghing about buying it and finally decided to take the plunge - £19.99 on Steam.

Was just firing up Steam and got a tweet from ShopTo saying FM2011 download was on Sale - got it for £7.99 :)

Paying for Football Manager? :FAIL:

The update is really good, even got the new 5 subs only rule for the Football League!

I like paying for stuff now, had my fair share out of the industry over the years! £8 is nothing. Also got a couple of mac app store games too - modern conflict, gamelofts cod4 ripoff. Pretty good for £7 :)

Ignore what I said about the new 5 subs rule, it's not in the update :LOL:.

Lost my first 3 matches, changed to a narrow 4-4-2 diamond and now unbeaten in 8, winning 6 :)).

I'm trying to get back into playing. Just can't figure out how. Didn't like playing as Charlton (sorry Tim). Tried to start as Leeds but could't get past preseason. Might start over as Fulham. That seems to be the only team I can be. Unless I try to choose a side that was just promoted.

I like Newcastle, B. Tried them once but I was unable to get them on the right way. Maybe I'm gonna try N'castle again when I get a decent update. I did great with Braga, Malaga and Santos so far so why I'm still failing in the Prem? :CONFUSE:

Currently Bournemouth. No money and barely any wages to bring anyone in. Think I signed 2 players pre season on frees and one on loan and that's it!

Struggling just now but have had a tough run of opening fixtures.

My first game with Newcastle at Saint James' Park.

unled2it.png

:WOOT:

Thanks B. :TU: Have you already chosen your team?

I used to get them here. Just use the "Search Topic" button at the bottom of the thread to find your team kits.

Moreover, if you explore that forum you will find a lot of kits in different styles. My favourite is the SS style as you see.

I've gone with Fulham again but with the latest update from Wally. So it's a bit different atleast. :) Is there a season 2011/12 3D kits?

I was watching a game as there was a young belgium player i was watching (Belgium manager) and came accross yaya sanogo from auxerre, he's 17 and from what i seen, great prospect, only problem is he's french :(

:LOL:

Maybe he has a second citizenship but yea, the guy is class, if you have the opportunity, then call him!

Guys, if you are interested, here you can find recent transfer updates. I used to pick LFCMarshall updates as I think they are the most accurate ones.

Last edited:
already got it mate

my teams ranked like 50/60th in the world and i just beat germany 2-0 whom are ranked third plus i had kompany, dembele, van buyten out injured. i'm the best.

I'm still playing my Fulham save (the old one). Still in season 2018/2019. I'm 8 points clear of Arsenal who is in 2nd. It's Jan. 27th. My striker has score 46 goals in all competitions already. He is on fire. Those 46 goals are a record for my Fulham side already and he still has 4 months left in the season. Hope he doesn't get injured.

Back
Top Bottom