FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Placebo, you can be such a smart arse on times.

You think FIFA is brilliant...good for you! But lots do not. Go check the FIFA forums out dude and see how the hardcore are smashing the game from pillar to post. It does lots of things very well, but it does others really bad; like PES. For every fault there is in one title there's one in the other. Honestly the people that think PES or FIFA are 'great' games this year really need a reality check. They are both sound in parts, and awful in some other core areas.

Good feedback that, except tea is for girls.

And you prove my point again.

Your a disrespectful guy mate. And thats my opinion. ANd I wouldnt be suprised if others thought similar.

Well were not here to make freinds just discuss games so who cares eh.

You think FIFA is brilliant...good for you! But lots do not. Go check the FIFA forums out dude and see how the hardcore are smashing the game from pillar to post. It does lots of things very well, but it does others really bad; like PES. For every fault there is in one title there's one in the other. Honestly the people that think PES or FIFA are 'great' games this year really need a reality check. They are both sound in parts, and awful in some other core areas.

There was techincally and overall a lot more faults in OLD pes compared to latest fifa. BUt the things it nailed right in the gameplay made it an overall more enjoyable and addictive expereince to play despite in modern days what can be seen as major flaws, limitations.

However modern day FIFA though not perfect is a lot more enjoyabel to me than playing modern day PES.

Whilst FIFA 12 is a good game it just doesnt have that addictiveness factor that old PES did. Its much more static and linear (if we can gie that label to a football game, old Pes was like a non linear game, whereas fifa gampelay feels linear and constricted) We could have sessions all night long, gmae after game on pes. With FIFA we all get bored rather quick.

Last edited:
For me FIFA frustrates more than PES. At the higher levels - stats mean nothing, suddenly CPU players just go through yours, silly 45/90 scripting, penalties for nothing, random silly scripts kicking in which just produce a goal (yesterday I had a Sunderland right back hit a 35 yarder, from a standing position, when there was hardly a shot outside the box from the CPU in three games! This was on 45 minutes BTW). These are just off the top of my head. And the general dullness and repetition. FIFA 13 has to have variation in play and cannot simply rely on cheap CPU one on one ultra quick reflexes to get goals.

PES has its infuriating moments for me too, but I just feel I'm part of a movie that has already decided what's going to happen in FIFA, albeit with some lovely animations and lifelike moments and tv style!

Thanks! I do try ;)

You think FIFA is brilliant...good for you!

I think it's brilliant? Have I used that word brilliant? Hmm I don't think so. I think it's very good, maybe I even used excellent? But there's obviously room for improvement.

Go check the FIFA forums out dude and see how the hardcore are smashing the game from pillar to post.

No thanks, I have a two moron limit on any forum I use and this forum is the only Fifa forum where that limit isn't exceeded, just ;)

For me FIFA frustrates more than PES. At the higher levels - stats mean nothing, suddenly CPU players just go through yours, silly 45/90 scripting, penalties for nothing, random silly scripts kicking in which just produce a goal (yesterday I had a Sunderland right back hit a 35 yarder, from a standing position, when there was hardly a shot outside the box from the CPU in three games! This was on 45 minutes BTW). These are just off the top of my head. And the general dullness and repetition. FIFA 13 has to have variation in play and cannot simply rely on cheap CPU one on one ultra quick reflexes to get goals.

PES has its infuriating moments for me too, but I just feel I'm part of a movie that has already decided what's going to happen in FIFA, albeit with some lovely animations and lifelike moments and tv style!

But how exaclty did ps2 pes make the game more life like and random and feel less scripted...I mean tehincally what did they do and why are games not like this now?

Why cant they go back to that old AI and just add in new animations and graphics.

It seems simple to me?

I recall playing Player Manager 2 for thousands of hours, if I tried playing it now I'd think it's utter shite. I play Fifa for upwards of 40 hours per week according to Raptr which is more than I've played any football game for at least 15 years most likely.

Placebo_PRS

managed to fit in a quick game of FIFA Soccer 12 (360).

Time played: 20 mins

187 hours total

I should add that's only since February 14th 2012.

Last edited:
But how exaclty did ps2 pes make the game more life like and random and feel less scripted...I mean tehincally what did they do and why are games not like this now?

Why cant they go back to that old AI and just add in new animations and graphics.

It seems simple to me?

It's called Fifa 09 :BOP:

Tried out placebo's sliders today... I have to admit, they are better than mine. They really improve the thrill of the game.

Playing on legendary and full manual with placebo's sliders on slow gamespeed is the way to go with Fifa 12, unless someone has better slider-settings.

It's called Fifa 09 :BOP:

What you mean? I have never played fifa 09.

All I know is me and my mates would play pes on ps1-ps2 for hours at a time.

Wed have all night sessions. 5-7 hours long.

With fifa its like well have a couple of games and then thats that.

Also master league was much more addictive than career mode. Though career mode is far more realistic and in depth ironically.

Also I feel as if individual player attributes, my teammates Ai and cpu AI were all better on old PES compared to latest FIFA.

However, if I am to play a footy game now I still play FIFA 12.

AS for difficulties Legendary I noticed is quite silly as it makes crap rated players able to do amazing things.

I mean when I play on pro if joe bloggs goes 1v1 with my keeper good cahcne hell miss. If Aguero goes 1v1 with my keeper 99% of time he will score.

On legednary even joe bloggs will score 99% of times. If 65 winger does a cross it will be pinpoint to a 5'7 forward with 53 for heading who manages to outjump my 6'4 centre back and head it into corner. So in that aspect legeandary sucks.

What you mean? I have never played fifa 09.

All I know is me and my mates would play pes on ps1-ps2 for hours at a time.

Wed have all night sessions. 5-7 hours long.

With fifa its like well have a couple of games and then thats that.

Also master league was much more addictive than career mode. Though career mode is far more realistic and in depth ironically.

Also I feel as if individual player attributes, my teammates Ai and cpu AI were all better on old PES compared to latest FIFA.

However, if I am to play a footy game now I still play FIFA 12.

AS for difficulties Legendary I noticed is quite silly as it makes crap rated players able to do amazing things.

I mean when I play on pro if joe bloggs goes 1v1 with my keeper good cahcne hell miss. If Aguero goes 1v1 with my keeper 99% of time he will score.

On legednary even joe bloggs will score 99% of times. If 65 winger does a cross it will be pinpoint to a 5'7 forward with 53 for heading who manages to outjump my 6'4 centre back and head it into corner. So in that aspect legeandary sucks.

Fifa 09 was like the nxt-gen PES we never got.

Well I just changed sliders to macth placebos 100% (thouhg mines were 90% similar anyway only big difference marking ) though I play normal speed and tbh I had a fukin great fun cup game in my career jut now.

Just some tiems I play this game and I think it gets boring fast, 4-5 games. But I play 2-3 games and it is a great game.

Is it the game or as I age my boredom threshold increases.

Fifa 09 was like the nxt-gen PES we never got.

So you think its more fun than 10/11/12. I didnt like 10 much, I likd WC2010 and 11 was good 12 was better.

Maybe Ill buy it in the bargain bin but no point as I have fifa 11 and 12 and WC2010 but if its better than them I may try it out pnly 3 quid

Last edited:
So you think its more fun than 10/11/12. I didnt like 10 much, I likd WC2010 and 11 was good 12 was better.

Maybe Ill buy it in the bargain bin but no point as I have fifa 11 and 12 and WC2010 but if its better than them I may try it out pnly 3 quid

Going back to it now the ball physics are no where near as good as Fifa 12 but like the good old PES days you could play it all day and all night no problem back then.

Going back to it now the ball physics are no where near as good as Fifa 12 but like the good old PES days you could play it all day and all night no problem back then.

I see what you mean so at the time it wouldve been fun but like pes3 there is no point going back to it now, its quite dated in many ways?

Shame I never played it...I did have fifa 10 which I sold after 2 weeks lol

I see what you mean so at the time it wouldve been fun but like pes3 there is no point going back to it now, its quite dated in many ways?

Shame I never played it...I did have fifa 10 which I sold after 2 weeks lol

Indeed.

Yeah i didnt like Fifa 10 much. WC 10 & Fifa 11 were good. Still not feeling 12.

Indeed.

Yeah i didnt like Fifa 10 much. WC 10 & Fifa 11 were good. Still not feeling 12.

I agree. Wierd how 09 can be good and 11 but 10 crap?

In fact I recall playing 09 at my mates which was just before 10 came out hence I bought 10 but as It sucked I thought 09 mustve sucked also.

Then I bought wc2010 and that was nohitng like 10 and good so then i also bought 11 which was good.

12 was crap on defaults...so sluggish and slow and hard to score...But then with sliders I enjoy it enough.

If not for sliders id e playing fifa 11 or maybe even try out 09.

Have been watching the player movement closely over the last few games I've played and it's not really FORWARD player runs that the main problem is but player movement in general. Watch the screen and there's probably 90% of the players on the pitch who are just standing stationary in their default positions. Is it any wonder you have to build up play the same way all the time.

If EA want to match their gameplay to their presentation then they seriously need to address this. I don't mind if it's via a slider that works offline, as long as it works, but they need players moving. Not necessarily to always provide an option or to be like Barcelona, but just to be drawn across the pitch to the ball for example or to bunch up sometimes and other times spread out. Dependent on their tactics and where the ball is obviously.

Has anyone been able to improve this via current sliders?

Have been watching the player movement closely over the last few games I've played and it's not really FORWARD player runs that the main problem is but player movement in general. Watch the screen and there's probably 90% of the players on the pitch who are just standing stationary in their default positions. Is it any wonder you have to build up play the same way all the time.

If EA want to match their gameplay to their presentation then they seriously need to address this. I don't mind if it's via a slider that works offline, as long as it works, but they need players moving. Not necessarily to always provide an option or to be like Barcelona, but just to be drawn across the pitch to the ball for example or to bunch up sometimes and other times spread out. Dependent on their tactics and where the ball is obviously.

Has anyone been able to improve this via current sliders?

Thats what I said before when play is happening in say left wing area of field players on opposite side should come over, midfeilders defensive team drop deeper and to that side etc...I dont think it happens much at all.

Sorry I didn't read your comments. Yeah what you said is true though. Watch a game from behind the goals and you'll notice even more. Players tend to follow the ball. Very rarely does everyone just stand there in there allocated position and never deviate. WTF?

Sorry I didn't read your comments. Yeah what you said is true though. Watch a game from behind the goals and you'll notice even more. Players tend to follow the ball. Very rarely does everyone just stand there in there allocated position and never deviate. WTF?

Yeh no need to apologise its a big thread lol. I was just confirming.

ANd IMO something fifa needs to be told to work on.

Cause in old pes You could exploit things by playing a fast winger right on the byline of a wing and then when play was on opposite side switch it and hed have loadsa space to run into.

On fifa I dont think this is possible.

They do move a bit but not like in real football were teams formation can shift completely. FIFA is far to rigid.

Its funny what you say though as it remidn sme of ebing a 10 year old making my 1st ever 11-a-side debut. I was told t play left back..SO the whole match I stayed in the same spot. On the left edge of the box. Even when my team was attacking and had corners I never moved. I wondered why my fellow defenderes where going up the pitch but I had it fixed in my head I was playing left back so had to stay ''left back''...lol young and neive. Funily I never got another game for that club after that game...I wonder why?

Last edited:
Precision dribbling is a nice addition in Fifa, but for the next version I would like to have the option to use precision dribbling without pressing a button to activate it. It should be mapped in an analogue way on the left stick so that when I push the stick for a little the dribbling should be precise (of course according to the stats of the player), do I push it wider the dribbling should become more and more unprecise.

Ok guys, tell me what you think of my Real Zaragoza team:

(5th season in)

--------- Rui Patricio ---------

-Isla - Lovren - Dede - Boileson

----------- Gonalons -----------

------ Pjanic ---- Thiago ------

--Salvio ------------ Shaqiri --

----------- Gameiro ------------

Subs:

Romero
Victor Ruiz
Defour
Dani Parejo
dos Santos
Pasquato
Arnautovic

Reserves:

Doblas
Schennikov
Mario Fernandes
Marcelo (The PSV one)
Mensah (Youth)
Corchia
Alex Navas (Youth)
Luis Sanchez (Youth)
Ander Herrera
Victor Garcia (Youth)
Javier Fernandez (Youth)
Razack Traore
Matias Blanco (Youth)

When I signed Shaqiri for my Prem Sheffield Wednesday he was very disappointing, numerous cheaper players have done way better for me such as Buttner, De Bock, Pocognoli (sp?) etc and I broke the bank for Shaqiri!

I agree. Wierd how 09 can be good and 11 but 10 crap?

In fact I recall playing 09 at my mates which was just before 10 came out hence I bought 10 but as It sucked I thought 09 mustve sucked also.

Then I bought wc2010 and that was nohitng like 10 and good so then i also bought 11 which was good.

12 was crap on defaults...so sluggish and slow and hard to score...But then with sliders I enjoy it enough.

If not for sliders id e playing fifa 11 or maybe even try out 09.

Im redownloading the Fifa 09 demo just now...will let you know how it plays 3 years later compared to Fifa 12 :)

When I signed Shaqiri for my Prem Sheffield Wednesday he was very disappointing, numerous cheaper players have done way better for me such as Buttner, De Bock, Pocognoli (sp?) etc and I broke the bank for Shaqiri!

Seriously? He's been immense for me so far. He gets tonnes of assists and a decent amount of goals too, plus since he's so fast he just skips past everyone with ease.

How much did he cost you? :CONFUSE:

Back
Top Bottom