FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

Right, but im talking about the previous ones, is there any possibility to download them through link or by menu in the game only?

soemtimes even in the same game its like the ball zips about on the rainy surface then other times in the game the ball gets stuck on the grass and wont move?

wtf is up with that? just my imganination?

Yeah it does do that, but that's what happens on really wet pitches. Sometimes it runs off really quickly as it skids, sometimes it can get bogged down in an area where there's a lot of water. The effect is pretty cool IMO.

No! Same here. Exactly how I feel. Which is making me hate playing daytime games..

I can't control the ball well during daytime, while during night/rain I can play sweet Brasilian football.

Is there anyway I can pick day/night/rainy before a game in CM?

Yep, I hate playing daytime matches now, night matches in certain stadiums with my broadcast camera set to full zoom, in stadiums that seem to allow the camera to be closer in than normal (Wembley, Camp Nou etc) are perfect. The players feel slower and more individual, the games play out better, and the ball feels like it's somehow more 'solid' and weighty. It feels much more sim like on those settings which is bizarre. I too play some great football in those settings, whereas in daytime matches it somehow feels rushed, everyone's moving at 100mph and the play never slows down. Passing also feels almost more automated in a bizarre way. I really don't know what seems to cause it, but Chimps on the PES forums complains of the exact same problem in PES regarding time of day and stadiums affecting gameplay. Really odd.

I might be tempted to start a new CM as a Spanish club, the ability to alter time of day means I could get away with night matches all the time :)

Yeah it does do that, but that's what happens on really wet pitches. Sometimes it runs off really quickly as it skids, sometimes it can get bogged down in an area where there's a lot of water. The effect is pretty cool IMO.

it is cool but u cant tell when it wil happen lol its pretty random>?

Yep, I hate playing daytime matches now, night matches in certain stadiums with my broadcast camera set to full zoom, in stadiums that seem to allow the camera to be closer in than normal (Wembley, Camp Nou etc) are perfect. The players feel slower and more individual, the games play out better, and the ball feels like it's somehow more 'solid' and weighty. It feels much more sim like on those settings which is bizarre. I too play some great football in those settings, whereas in daytime matches it somehow feels rushed, everyone's moving at 100mph and the play never slows down. Passing also feels almost more automated in a bizarre way. I really don't know what seems to cause it, but Chimps on the PES forums complains of the exact same problem in PES regarding time of day and stadiums affecting gameplay. Really odd.

I might be tempted to start a new CM as a Spanish club, the ability to alter time of day means I could get away with night matches all the time :)

just night or night+rain?

I dont see how night would affect it that shoutlndt change surface?

Is the roster update for x360 available yet?

And if I download it, that won't mess up my CM mode with the "Old Squad File" will it? It kinda used to in some previous FIFA's.

It's released February 23rd. It shouldn't do but this is Fifa so you never know, I'd suggest waiting to download it until you're done with your CM and ready to start a new one with the new squad file :)

just night or night+rain?

I dont see how night would affect it that shoutlndt change surface?

Even night matches alone, no rain, for me feel different to play than daytime. I have no idea why. Maybe the game's framerate is affected or something, giving the perception that it plays out slower or faster. But honestly I don't know.

Just a random question out there, but has anyone heard of any editing that's been done by others to player stats like in PES? I've half toyed with altering some core stats such as passing and stamina etc to bring out more differences between each player. This was until I realised the mammoth task to do the whole game.....has anyone done anything similar?

on head to head seasons when it is all manual can teams choose legacy defending?

Just I have played a couple of teams and their pressing is relentless, it looks exactly like the old system?

Even night matches alone, no rain, for me feel different to play than daytime. I have no idea why. Maybe the game's framerate is affected or something, giving the perception that it plays out slower or faster. But honestly I don't know.

Just a random question out there, but has anyone heard of any editing that's been done by others to player stats like in PES? I've half toyed with altering some core stats such as passing and stamina etc to bring out more differences between each player. This was until I realised the mammoth task to do the whole game.....has anyone done anything similar?

There's a guy who posts over at OS who says he monkeyed around with the individual ratings for a few teams. Seems like a lot of work and I don't know how much difference it will really make.

Just had to play a Barcelona cheeser in the semi final of the cup on head to head. I quit twice when I saw it was BArcelona I had.

The third time he kicked off and kept the ball so I couldn't quit! so I had to play him because if I quit after 5mins then he gets the win.

So fucking frustrating, if I could find out where that guy lives I would murder him and his family.

EA need to make it so you don't have to have possesion of the ball to quit the game.....I am fuming!

I got him to extra time at 1-1 and then Messi scored in the last 2mins of extra time, because for some reason Messi doesn't tire in this game?! the ball took a ridiculous deflection right to Messi who volleyed in...ridiculous!!!!!!!

Just had to play a Barcelona cheeser in the semi final of the cup on head to head. I quit twice when I saw it was BArcelona I had.

The third time he kicked off and kept the ball so I couldn't quit! so I had to play him because if I quit after 5mins then he gets the win.

So fucking frustrating, if I could find out where that guy lives I would murder him and his family.

EA need to make it so you don't have to have possesion of the ball to quit the game.....I am fuming!

I got him to extra time at 1-1 and then Messi scored in the last 2mins of extra time, because for some reason Messi doesn't tire in this game?! the ball took a ridiculous deflection right to Messi who volleyed in...ridiculous!!!!!!!

you have to quit within 5mins of game clock time not to lose 3-0?

If you go 6mins on the game clock u lose 3-0?

If you cant get ball and press alt+f4 or restart console what happens? within 5mins and after 5mins?

on head to head seasons when it is all manual can teams choose legacy defending?

Just I have played a couple of teams and their pressing is relentless, it looks exactly like the old system?

I don't think that is possible, but I have noticed some folk seem to be able to pressure you like mad. I normally make them an avoided player if I find folk like that.

i found a way, basially change secodn temmate pressure to square button, it plays just like old defendign style, u can hold square again and double team, pressure opponent. just make contain r1.

Not really necessary, based on the slider tweaking I've been doing over the weekend, try doing the following:

Speed/Accel 45/45
Passing Error 50/65
Passing speed 75/80
Powerup (or whatever it;s called) 65

(based on all manual, legendary, 10 min halves, slow)

You'll find that in matches now players with better ball control, vision, passing stand out because with the much higher pass speed a lot more passes from bad passers go a long way off target, you see silly defenders making 40 yard backpasses which would normally go to the keeper instead they now hammer them out, you see players with bad ball control receive a hard pass which bounces off them allowing your player to nip in and take the ball off them without need of a tackle (and vice versa of course), had a really great weekend with the sliders I've been playing with, gone from comfortable at Pro/Manual - WC/Manual and now Legendary/Manual and the games play out much better, match stats are far more appropriate, AI teams often get slightly higher possession, similar passing/shot accuracy etc. etc. I'll post my full sliders tomorrow but the above are the core ones which matter most.

i found a way, basially change secodn temmate pressure to square button, it plays just like old defendign style, u can hold square again and double team, pressure opponent. just make contain r1.

You mean the same way we discussed last October and 90% of us adopted then? ;)

You mean the same way we discussed last October and 90% of us adopted then? ;)

I had no idea? I jsut done it myself ages ago...never read it here or poste about it. It just seemed obvious tbh.

It seems like Im playing the old style using this pretty much

Is it me or does playing in the rain feel much better than other games with no rain? Everything seems weightier. I just love it! In normal games players feel so light, which I don't really like tbh. I wish that weighty feeling was always there in all games.

Just thought I'd chip in and say that I feel the exact same! I've ended up hating daytime matches, and usually play most at night. The night matches just seem abit more measured imo.

Just thought I'd chip in and say that I feel the exact same! I've ended up hating daytime matches, and usually play most at night. The night matches just seem abit more measured imo.

night+rain

or

night no rain

ANyone pinpoint differences between them?

day
day with rain
overcast
night
night with rain
snow

??

night+rain

or

night no rain

ANyone pinpoint differences between them?

day
day with rain
overcast
night
night with rain
snow

??

I notice it on either night or night + rain. I'm not a fan of overcast for some reason or snow. Overcast is when the game seems to get bogged down for me.. Day with rain isn't possible, and day is where I shared the poster's sentiments

I notice it on either night or night + rain. I'm not a fan of overcast for some reason or snow. Overcast is when the game seems to get bogged down for me.. Day with rain isn't possible, and day is where I shared the poster's sentiments

oh right ye and snow is always night too? I should really check.

I like night better for gfx and atmosphere also. Maybe its mind playing tricks...better atompshere=more enjoyable= think gameplay is different?

oh right ye and snow is always night too? I should really check.

I like night better for gfx and atmosphere also. Maybe its mind playing tricks...better atompshere=more enjoyable= think gameplay is different?

I think you've got a point. The daytime games seem DEAD! i.e dull and inspid. The nightmatches do seem more lively though, which may be affect it. The day matches just seem harder to get into, for some odd reason.

I think you've got a point. The daytime games seem DEAD! i.e dull and inspid. The nightmatches do seem more lively though, which may be affect it. The day matches just seem harder to get into, for some odd reason.

ye but its same in real football on tv...the big midweek night matches and cup and european games are always so much more exciting than the satruday afternoon games. Even playing real football, I get much more hyped when playing at night and if its raining also its even more fun lol.

And the Spanish league etc always plays at night also, so much more exciting.

Im sure the rain does have a phsyical effect on the game though? right?

I also find on some pitches if its sunny and day the shadows off stadium on the pitch can be annoying.

I've just stumbled upon this pretty cool FIFA site that I thought might be of use. It provides in the tutorials section some brilliant tips that I never knew about until now. It's at http://fifaaddiction.com/

For instance, it sounds utterly ridiculous but I've struggled with crossing constantly, yet here it turns out that if you're on semi assistance or above, you cross automatically, with the L stick affecting curl and dip. All this time I'd been pressing LB I think, thinking it was a crossing modifier. DOH!

Also, I never before realised that when you have a throw in you can press LB (L1 on PS3) to control the nearest player to the thrower and make a manual run. I never knew that!

I also learnt some cool tips on using LT, then pressing shoot then pass to do some very cool little moves on the ball, and also that pressing LT and RT at the same time performs a kind of super cancel as in PES, allowing you to manually move a player off the ball as it approaches him. It makes for all kinds of extra possibilities regarding performing fake runs and dummies.

Lastly, the site provides tips for stuff such as jostling with LT, and detailed descriptions on what all the team tactics settings do. Well worth a read!

I've just stumbled upon this pretty cool FIFA site that I thought might be of use. It provides in the tutorials section some brilliant tips that I never knew about until now. It's at http://fifaaddiction.com/

For instance, it sounds utterly ridiculous but I've struggled with crossing constantly, yet here it turns out that if you're on semi assistance or above, you cross automatically, with the L stick affecting curl and dip. All this time I'd been pressing LB I think, thinking it was a crossing modifier. DOH!

Also, I never before realised that when you have a throw in you can press LB (L1 on PS3) to control the nearest player to the thrower and make a manual run. I never knew that!

I also learnt some cool tips on using LT, then pressing shoot then pass to do some very cool little moves on the ball, and also that pressing LT and RT at the same time performs a kind of super cancel as in PES, allowing you to manually move a player off the ball as it approaches him. It makes for all kinds of extra possibilities regarding performing fake runs and dummies.

Lastly, the site provides tips for stuff such as jostling with LT, and detailed descriptions on what all the team tactics settings do. Well worth a read!
thanks for letting us know ;)

All this time I'd been pressing LB I think, thinking it was a crossing modifier. DOH!

So what does it do? nothing?

I also learnt some cool tips on using LT, then pressing shoot then pass to do some very cool little moves on the ball,

You mean dummy shot? sqaure then pass? what does holding LT make u do? prevent from shooting?

jostling with LT,

What does that mean? U mean skill move combos?
!

cheers will check site

You know you could have learnt all that stuff simply by looking through the controls ingame right? ;)

You know you could have learnt all that stuff simply by looking through the controls ingame right? ;)

Yeah but that would require me doing something logical for once! :P

Just as well for me that I did eventually learn these things, they've opened up the game just that little bit more again, which is nice!

Back
Top Bottom