FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I see IGN have given FIFA 12 a score of 9.5 out of 10. Really?? Game journalism is a joke, and like this game or not, it's not a 9.5. That's ridiculous. It's rated it above some of the greatest videogames ever made. Something smells fishy yet again with FIFA reviews and frankly it stinks.

It might be a game a lot of people clearly enjoy, but to rank it above some of the greatest games of all time is a ludicrous joke.

You have to put that score into context though. It's scored a 9.5 as a football game, going up against other football games currently on the market. Ok, it perhaps shouldn't have got a 9.5, but FIFA 11 scored the very same. It's all subjective.

It's not getting a 9.5 and therefore means it's a better game than Uncharted 2 because that got 9.1 or whatever. It's 9.5 as a sports/football game, in it's own field. Pardon the pun.

I answered the other day ;) English, French, German and Italian :)

Ah sorry I either had read it and forgot or I couldn't find it :FAIL:

Cheers mate ;)

Well when I do get it I wouldn't mind having the odd manual game. Probably will be playing Career Mode to start with and a couple of random online games but once that does my head in, I'll be up for some friendlies.

Speaking of the creation centre. How do you add official kits and badges? EA confirmed you can do it but I dont see an option.

Question about the Creation Centre :

Am I right in thinking people can create players for the others to download and use in their games? For example, Ronaldo or Romario?

Can we also tweak existing players or overwrite them with the creations? Again, as an example, updating van der Vaart's appearance and putting him in the game over the original?

Cheers guys. Not really up to speed with the CC.

Done some VP random games, playing semi for pretty much everything. It's starting to deteriorate to FIFA 11 style games as players get their VPs rated higher. I'm guessing through cheesing the system.
Nothing but small players, and I'm 99% sure everyone, or most, have switched to legacy defending now as the pressure is up. But with the new dribbling you can really make fools of people. In the last four or five games I've drawn six penalties and converted them all.

Shooting feels a lot better, more close misses and great saves. I should say, I have found a few games where teammates played their positions, worked the ball around and waited for opportunities. Rewarding when it happens.

I didn't think you could switch to legacy defending in pro ranked team play???!!!
Hope the PS3 doesn't end up like this too!

Anyone else feel as though manual is not as manual as it should be or was previously in Fifa 11? It just seems more semi semi-assisted than manual.

Manual passing has become a bit easier. And i like it. To me the upside of manual is that you can pass and shoot the ball in 360 degrees i.e. anywhere you want regardless of the position of other players or the goal. You can still do this in fifa 12. I don't think manual has been implemented to make the game more difficult.

Maybe manual is also a bit more affected by stats now. So if you perform the same pass with xavi and with pepe, it means that xavi's pass has a higher succes rate.

Some people will argue that this means that passing is not manual anymore (because the cpu assists you when you pass or shoot with xavi). This might be true but i don't mind. I feel it adds to the realism while still offering a lot of freedom.

Anyone else feel as though manual is not as manual as it should be or was previously in Fifa 11? It just seems more semi semi-assisted than manual.
I've thought this every year since 09. I haven't gone back to check, but I could swear Manual on 09 had less assistance than 10, which had less than 11, which had less than the 12 demo. I don't know yet whether there's just more assistance across the board, or whether (and this is my guess) they've altered the scale of assistance based on attributes. So the top class players we see in the demo will feel more assisted because of their high attributes.

Maybe someone with the full version can go and play Manual with a couple of the worst teams available, and see what they think about the level assistance in comparison.

So yeah Clubs isn't fun anymore, we've been matched up with people who are insanely quick already, have a shitload of traits and enjoy flair passing... we played this one group of 5 people yesterday with an ANY who just could not mistime a tackle, which made us attacking pointless... and our CPU defense couldn't keep up with their speedy players so in the end we got beat 4-1. Two cut backs and two headers, we also scored a cut back.

Also it seems to be impossible for me to have an enjoyable game online with my mates as something in the game usually ends with one of us losing down to absolute bullshit and it just isn't fun anymore.

So Offline isn't for me, clubs this early in is already ruined it seems (I heard it's also possible to download 100% VPs already? is this true? It would explain the couple of games we had yesterday) and online vs a friend isn't fun down to the game trying it's best to ruin a perfectly fine match with some unrealistic bullshit.

The impact engine is also incredibly buggy, it isn't 'rare' that you see bad collisions, it is RARE to see one that doesn't look weird or inhuman in some shape or form.

I will try fully manual on slow vs my one mate who enjoys playing that way as well and hopefully it's decent enough...

I have also cancelled my pre-order, I have no doubt that it's a better game than FIFA 11 but if I'm having these issues and not enjoying the game this early in, then chances are I won't enjoy it down the line either... I said I wasn't going to buy FIFA 11 but caved in down to peer pressure etc, and I regretted that so much. I won't make the same mistake again.

I'm glad I'm more offline than on for Fifa. Although I do occasionally get a bloody good H2H with mates online.

I just wish I could enjoy playing against the AI more on FIFA, I really really do.

I have no doubt that someone will make the game a lot, lot better offline by using the sliders etc... but until that happens I won't be buying the game. Career mode looks great too, I just don't get any enjoyment playing the CPU. :(

Because of you Jonney! You wouldn't stop stalking Ruttski, and when he refused your advances you got violent didn't you Jonney? You followed him and custard pied his ass on the steps of the EA offices. It was you Jonney You killed Clubs...

Because of you Jonney! You wouldn't stop stalking Ruttski, and when he refused your advances you got violent didn't you Jonney? You followed him and custard pied his ass on the steps of the EA offices. It was you Jonney You killed Clubs...

I'd heard the same.

Mine despatched yesterday from Game. Dunno whether i will get it early or not. probably not.

So you ended up getting it? I'd be really interested to know what you think of the full game, Dryzer, as we had really similar opinions on the demo. Let us know what you think! :)

So you ended up getting it? I'd be really interested to know what you think of the full game, Dryzer, as we had really similar opinions on the demo. Let us know what you think! :)

Will do mate.

Mixed reaction in our office to the demo. A few people loved it and thought it was the best thing ever, a few agreed with me that it didnt feel right.

But hopefully ill be able to tweak. Ill check the sliders too and let you know if theres any difference. ill also tweak custom tactics to test a few things.

I have heard though thats it is indeed better than the demo.

Fingers crossed!

Gonna go pick up the game at 10am right when the mall opens from EBgames here in Toronto! Can't wait! Less than an hour to go.. the wait is oveR! :D

i got the firwall status "strict".

how to fix it? which ports do i have to open?

i habe fifa 2012 bought on G2Play and i´m from germany.

i have played 2 online games but the performance is not the best. i think its because the firewall status.

This game is amazing

Dunno what its like against the computer but against humans its unreal

Everything about the game is better. Its hard to keep possession now due to the tactical defending meaning games are slower and you have to be more patient in your build up because its very easy to lose the ball.

Its brilliant when you know where a pass is gonna go and you can actually do something about it because the players are so responsive when you haven't got the ball. You see alot more random stuff as well which is very good at times and i noticed a few things as well like a counter attack and a player in my half making sure he didnt go over the halfway line so he wasnt offside, also the curling of runs to stay onside (which looks amazing), defenders back tracking to win the balls in the air rather than standing still and obviously the little touches the decent players do, they look sublime at times.

Very Very impressed to say the least, looking forward to playing it more

Last edited:
Fuck off EA, just fuck off, I need to download a 3,1 GB big patch in Origin
before I'm able to play the game. It's so frustrating, I wanted to start
playing now and not tomorrow. :CONFUSE:

Back
Top Bottom