PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I hope you're right.

Another thing I'd like to point out is the total lack of compactness on defence from both teams. The defence line seems to be too large, looks weird.

The Milan vs Juve video specially. Juve plays with two lines of midfielders and defenders and theres a wierd space between the two lines and also between players. Thats worrying.

that also has to do with the tactics as well, i had a similar problem with pes 15 but modifying the compactness allowed me to have more midfield battles with most teams in the league i was playing, its not 100% but u can improve it to your liking, but again is it realistic cos not every single side in real life bosses the midfield, pes does a good job to give u variation to play against if you can be stuffed modifiying, but still more variation is needed, hope to to see it come gamescom, and also as Gab stated it could also be set to low difficulty as well, so many factors we can only guess atm.

Don't matter if it's a new code or a old one. It's too late. That's the PES 2016.(To be honest PES 2015 to me though). If Konami wanted it changed, they have already done it five months ago.

Some not bad looking stuff in that video but they really need to fix some of those animations. In particular, the way Neymar shoots looks similar to the passing animations over the last couple of years that I've had an issue with. As they're about to kick the ball, something strange happens, like the upper body or head is straightening up and they pull up short on the follow through. Neymar's shot looks like the animation you'd expect if he was chipping the ball across the pitch, not what you'd expect for a crisp side footed finish from close in.

And the arms flapping around like crazy when the players run. If they could tweak those couple of things, the game would look a lot better. Not gonna happen though lol.

yeah the flapping arms is something that needs to be toned down big time. What they need to do is look at a real soccer game to see how much the arms actually move... yeah Robben sticks his arms out a bit... but most players don't flap em around that much.
In a weird way I still reckon best running animations are in the good old WE9LE and PES6 games... I know its the simple 8 way etc.. and less animations required.. but sprinting really looks like sprinting...
The sprinting on the new gen stuff, since the pes2008 on ps3, looks very start-stoppish... and unnatural.
I actually though pes2014 has some really good running/sprinting animations.. then reaction times in pes2015 kinda changed things... more responsive but weirder animations... I guess they just need to be more conservative and more natural eg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GClN46lKJnQ as in football rush 2 betting simulator.

I think what we need is some clips of the new code + in 60fps to really see how it flows...

1222676.jpg

Imo, it looks really bad. There's no real match intensity in the way the players move or react like back in the days. They nailed it back then. When they shoot, it doesn't feel like they're trying to score. There's so much missing since pes 2010. We've seen those careless animations since pes 2011 when they decided to screw the game up. Imo, the last playable pes was 2010, cause the animations made sense to the situations where you'd pass, cross, and shoot. Nah, doesn't look good at all.

wowooo so many clips coming out.. too many to post.. check out youtube.. heaps of stats/faces/abilities etc from teams of demo??

sure does.. will check it out on the big screen after dinner..thank god for smart tvs and youtube.

btw, the many clips that have just come out from pesvision (about faces abilities and stats etc) is said to be from code before gamescon... so im guessing gamescom will be updated rosters, faces etc, but then the demo may be another step upgraded.. time will tell.. back to watching the trailer for the 5th time already.. :)

:APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:This is what i was waiting for!!!! They finally figured out how to drive animations using real ball physics data with the Fox Engine...Just like EA Canada's engine.

NOW KONAMI AND PES ARE HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION...OH WOW!!!!

Last edited:
HOLY SHIT THAT TRAILER IS AWESOME.. great timing aswell for aussies all awake :)
Random things ive noticed so far (and there is a lot to notice in this short trailer):
1.HOW GOOD IS THE NET WHEN ROBBEN SCORES!!!
2.Grass looks amazing..best ive seen in a soccer game.
3.Faces are amazing.. and a lot of updates for this gamescom version, e.g. Mandžukić in juve's awesome team celebration.

... im very excited about what ive seen in this... wow..

This is an earlier code than gamescom :) unlike the trailer footage. Mind you, you gotta love the celebrations etc.. funny though how all the team mates keep there distance once the celebration has or is being performed.. they disappeared from Robben very quickly... like a bad smell..

That's whats making it even better...it being an earlier code. What they did here was a pretty steep engineering feat. REAL BALL PHYSICS DATA IN PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER...WOW!!!

Great trailer. EA should take notice, this is how you hype up a game. Show actual gameplay, their slow-mo shots are getting boring.

Back
Top Bottom