FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

absolutely nothing, i don't know why people go on about nets so much
I pretty much like nets in the latest FIFA games I've played (12-14), but probably people here are complaining more about the shape (them being too deep, in the case of Fratton Park) than about the behaviour.

I remember in FIFA 12 where you could alter the depth of the nets and their design pattern via db editing at the expense of having some small glitches in the nets' shape (and I guess it's stayed the same since) and their tightness/shape via an ingame option: probably something like that (as in Serie B nets being loose and usually deep, often with a kinda "rounded" look at the bottom, in Spain them being deep and tight, in England them being tight but not as deep as in Spain and so on) if done originally by EA would be more than enough.

Adding proper look and feel to nets is something that doesn't add much to the game, but would be a nice touch (and it would take just half an hour of research/DB editing or little more) if done for the licensed stadiums at least.
Playing with Serie B teams and seeing the nets constantly raising above the ground after every goal becomes boring after a while.

Yes, I'm being nitpicky. As I said it's by no means a game breaker, it would just be a nice addition.

if they where like Kick Off 2 on the Atari ST then I'd understand

fifa nets:
The last 80 years...
bignets.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Real life
fuc39fballtor.jpg

bernabeu-stadium-estadio.jpg

capa-fallo-porteria-vacia-camp-nou-1413703362442.jpg

fifa nets:
The last 80 years...
bignets.jpg
This is actually modded via DB to make it look deeper, it has the graphical glitch I was saying above (look at the top rear end, the way it connects to the ropes).

Apart from that, there are several types of nets in real life having different depth/tightness (refer to my latest post to see some of them), that's what FIFA lacks.

Again, it's not a game breaker but it would just be a nice cosmetic detail.

This is actually modded via DB to make it look deeper, it has the graphical glitch I was saying above (look at the top rear end, the way it connects to the ropes).

Apart from that, there are several types of nets in real life having different depth/tightness (refer to my latest post to see some of them), that's what FIFA lacks.

Again, it's not a game breaker but it would just be a nice cosmetic detail.

Yes i talk about this ;). EA need change this shit...

I'm absolutely agree with your message

Cancels preorder.

You might be laughing at it, but actually a lot of people draw attention to the details and it is a bit shameful that EA didn't do anything to improve nets shape and it still looking as horrible as 6 years ago. It supposed to be looking at least as good as in PES. I do not mean about nets physics which is quite good, but about nets tension and its entire shape.

5zvb_untitled.jpg

Bottom image represents probably actual PES 2016 nets which have been improved as well (phycics + tension). I love it as PES always had and still has more realistic nets than FIFA. This is how it should look like!

Ropes/strings on FIFA goals are too thick so that's another point why these nets are looking disgustingly :SHOCK:It's a kind of grating which is not in any case linked with actual football goals that we can watch at the football stadiums.

What the hell that is?

image.png

:LMAO::LMAO:

A window curtain would be looking better that this.. net?

And this is why I have edited nets texture in my FIFA and tried to make it a bit thinner and less visible. The best found way was to use green or black coloured texture to do not get annoyed by looking at that unrealistic details. But obviously only that can be changed and no one is able to edit angle of netting tension as it is hard coding section unavailable to be modifed.

image.jpg

+ green colour

VIDEO (Youtube)

Looks a bit invisible at all, but it is due to not the best video quality.

Last edited:

if they where like Kick Off 2 on the Atari ST then I'd understand

Yeah, no one seemed to give a shit when Sensible Soccer was winning countless awards.

Ball physics as in "the ball being free and not glued to the carrier's foot"?
That game had one of the most difficult (yet rewarding) dribbling systems ever. Too bad it would be impossible to implement now, looking at the people who usually play online.

Ball physics as in "the ball being free and not glued to the carrier's foot"?
That game had one of the most difficult (yet rewarding) dribbling systems ever. Too bad it would be impossible to implement now, looking at the people who usually play online.

:COOL:

Not to mention that should a similar dribbling system even be made available in FIFA/PES I wouldn't have the time to learn it like I did with Sensible Soccer, so I would probably suck at it. :LMAO:

I must say, its nice move from EA, that they didnt remove QPR, Hull and Burnley stadiums :)

I didn't think they would because they didn't remove St James Park when Newcastle got relegated in 2009.

It would be good if the 3 promoted teams to the Premiership next season are not Burnley, QPR or Hull, which would mean there will be 3 new Premiership stadiums in Fifa 17.

Last edited:

Last day i played fifa 15 demo. you cant believe how good ball pysichs and dribling in this version. Even shooting feels much havier (compared to full game ofcourse, not wait miracles). Try it if you want the time passes more easily until the new fifa game.

early access 10 hours to Fifa 16 for Xbox One owners with EA Access-> 17/09/2015
Yesssssssssssssss

Last edited:

Can't you change the net shape,tension etc in the settings? I'm sure I did it in fifa15 when I got it.

I just wish EA could work out how to do clothing and cloth physics like the NBA 2K guys.

Do you know guys which day at Gamescome is dedicated for FIFA 16? Gameplay videos, pictures from the game, any news about the demo or additional info of what's new in?

Messi looks absolutely amazing.

EDIT:

EA press conference starts on Wednesday, August 5th, 2015 at gamescom in Cologne, Germany. The EA conference airs at 10am CET, 4am ET and 1am PT and will be streamed live on the net. EA will represent the new features and more details on FIFA 16, Star Wars Battlefront, Unravel and other EA titles. FIFPlay has a preview for EA Sports FIFA 16 presentation at gamescom 2015.

I got something :) Good to know it's today! :SMUG:

Last edited:

omg nets here too

I will send my minions in Budapest to cover your whole house/appt/bldg with every PES and Fifa net since the inception of both series and tie you to a chair in your bedroom facing a window where all you can see is a 200" screen playing Football Kingdom youtubes infinitely, in slow motion.

Back
Top Bottom