PES 6 Poor Performance on Windows 8

StayingPower

Premiership
2 April 2006
Houston
Manchester United
Hi guys,

Since reinstalling PES 6 on Windows 8 I've had problems with stuttering and screen tearing. Managed to fix the screen tearing using D3DOverrider but it still stuttery. Computer specs are fine and I never had problems on Windows 7/Vista/2000. Any ideas?

I'm not sure how much help I can be as although I'm running Windows 8, I haven't got PES6 on the PC, only PES2012/13.

I would suggest you have a read through of *this thread* which may help. I found it useful as I was getting stutters with PES2013 and using Radeonpro solved the issue.

Hi guys,

Since reinstalling PES 6 on Windows 8 I've had problems with stuttering and screen tearing. Managed to fix the screen tearing using D3DOverrider but it still stuttery. Computer specs are fine and I never had problems on Windows 7/Vista/2000. Any ideas?

It's nice to know that there's a kindred sprit out there, with the same problem as me! I'm running nearly the same spec as you, and I'm suffering the exact same problems.

The only way I could get D3DOverrrider to run on my PC, was to put the game's EXE in "Compatibility mode" However, when I do this, Radeon Pro crashes (So I'm unable to get the "tweaks" working)

Did you have to do the same on your PC to get D3DOverrider to work? Thanks : )

Its not only PES 6, there is a lot games outside who have problems with windows 8 . Have you considered the option to switch to Windows 7 ?

Its not only PES 6, there is a lot games outside who have problems with windows 8 . Have you considered the option to switch to Windows 7 ?

I tried the game with a copy of W7 Home Premium (clean install) that I used before switching to Windows 8, and the exact same stuttering problems still remained! :CONFUSE:

I've even tried running the game in Windows 7 "Compatibility Mode" and it still stutters!

Last edited:
Windows 7 compatibility mode fixes D3DOverrider, so I can enable v-sync to fix the screen tearing. However, this doesn't fix the stuttering/slow down. It's definitely a Windows 8 problem because I was fine with the same specs on Windows 7.

Edit: That is, setting PES6 to Windows 7 Compatibility mode (and enabling Run as Administrator) gets D3DOverrider to work properly, but doesn't fix the stuttering, just the tearing.

I've also tried playing in windowed mode instead of full screen and that helps a little bit but not much. Very disappointing, I'm finally fed up with Fifa and Pro Evo 13!

Last edited:
Windows 7 compatibility mode fixes D3DOverrider, so I can enable v-sync to fix the screen tearing. However, this doesn't fix the stuttering/slow down. It's definitely a Windows 8 problem because I was fine with the same specs on Windows 7.

Edit: That is, setting PES6 to Windows 7 Compatibility mode (and enabling Run as Administrator) gets D3DOverrider to work properly, but doesn't fix the stuttering, just the tearing.

I've also tried playing in windowed mode instead of full screen and that helps a little bit but not much. Very disappointing, I'm finally fed up with Fifa and Pro Evo 13!

Cheers for the heads up. Do you think that changing the game speed could alter the stuttering? As I've read that the stuttering goes away if you play a 5 mins match.

Could it be down to speed/times issues? (Something's "cued up" in the background, causing the game to lag after a certain time.....)

Is there a PES6 game speed trainer doing the rounds?

Card: 6850
Problems of freezing for 20-40 seconds 7=8 times in a 20 min match.
Problems start from 10th June.
Previously everything was fine.
No software added. But windows update could have happened.
Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Currently Solved By CCleaner once.
Didnot restart. :P

Last edited:
99 % pinpointed the problem.
1. I have custome profile of HDD power option where HDD sleeps if not used for 2 mins.
2. My game is installed in non windows drive.
3. Whenever ball goes outside boundary or camera changes i guess there is some HDD acceess. But since game is only running application it accesses HDD in certain occasions.
Thus it hangs or freezes 20-40 sec till HDD is live.
4. SOultion i will try to change profile or few more .

Will update later..

all the best guys.

99 % pinpointed the problem.
1. I have custome profile of HDD power option where HDD sleeps if not used for 2 mins.
2. My game is installed in non windows drive.
3. Whenever ball goes outside boundary or camera changes i guess there is some HDD acceess. But since game is only running application it accesses HDD in certain occasions.
Thus it hangs or freezes 20-40 sec till HDD is live.
4. SOultion i will try to change profile or few more .

Will update later..

all the best guys.

Great work, rajat. Thanks for trying to sort this out (I'm using an SSD, would this matter?)

On a side note, I tried altering the speed settings of the game, and it made the stuttering fifty time worse!

@templar
In my case
1. I got Windows 8 on SSD (Windows drive almost doesnt sleeps as its active by some way or another. )
2. Game is on E drive 7200 RPM. Thats why due to MY custom profile
E-drive sleeps after 2 minutes of inactivity.

So if u got game in WIndows drive and they are on SSD then this probably isnt why your game is lagging.

gtg 3.30 am here. Will catch u guys later 1-2 days.

Do you think it would be worth installing the game on another drive? (As I have a 1TB 7200RPM "data" drive)

Skyrim and Fallout games have tremendous smooth effect becos of faster HDD.
Heavily modded Pes 6 should benefit with faster HDD.
I am not completely aware of its resource calls.

my SSD is almost full ... i will let you guys know if i happen to reinstall to SSD.

take care

Skyrim and Fallout games have tremendous smooth effect becos of faster HDD.
Heavily modded Pes 6 should benefit with faster HDD.
I am not completely aware of its resource calls.

my SSD is almost full ... i will let you guys know if i happen to reinstall to SSD.

take care

Well, I installed PES6 on my data drive and the lag was even worse! I'm at a loss how to fix this problem, whilst keeping v-sync turned on : (

NOw reinstalled on SSD NO lags, its Windows HDD

1920 X 1080 with fullscreen OFF
P.S. antivirus Bitdefender 2013 internet security 2013

NOw reinstalled on SSD NO lags, its Windows HDD

1920 X 1080 with fullscreen OFF
P.S. antivirus Bitdefender 2013 internet security 2013

So are you playing the game "windowed" then rajat? And are you saying that the pre-installed anti-virus is to blame for the slowdown?

Yes Windowed Mode.
No you can blame internet. :P

But try once to disable your security product while u keep internet off . Some security suites are heavy on CPU and meddle with gaming.
Also see if u have game mode on your Security product. At least their pesky scanner will not do active scanning.

Edit:
Please do the disabling of security product under guidance if you don't perform administrative tasks.
Take care
Happy gaming

Last edited:
Yes Windowed Mode.
No you can blame internet. :P

But try once to disable your security product while u keep internet off . Some security suites are heavy on CPU and meddle with gaming.
Also see if u have game mode on your Security product. At least their pesky scanner will not do active scanning.

Edit:
Please do the disabling of security product under guidance if you don't perform administrative tasks.
Take care
Happy gaming

I've tried running the game in windowed mode (even with Game Booster on in the background) and it still runs really badly. I give up : (

EDIT: Can anyone tell me if the same problem occurs on Windows 7? I did a reinstall of W7 last week, to see if it did fix it on my machine, but with no joy. I have heard reports of the problem not appearing on W7 PCs.

Last edited:
Sorry to double post, but I've back to Windows 7 Home Premium and the game runs far better, now. It does stutter a bit (after I shorten the match length funny enough) but if I drop out of the game and go back in, it doesn't do it for ages.

sorry to dig up an old thread but after buying a new laptop last year iv had the same issue.

its a toshiba d50 and spec wise its powerful enough to run gta 5 smoothly but pes 6 stutters.

i have tried putting my previous laptops hard drive in and thats windows 7 where it ran perfect. Exactly the same performance issue.

to solve the problem i bought my old laptop from ebay dell studio 15 and it works fine but really strange why a powerful laptop would struggle.

its not a windows issue, i wonder if its because i have 8gb of ram?

Disabling Windows Defender in Windows 10 solved stutters for me. Hope This helps:))

Back
Top Bottom