iOS Gaming

Double press home screen then slide multitasking bar to the LEFT. Then there should be an AirPlay button next to the volume, press that and select your Apple TV and make sure Mirroring is turned on. Then just put the TV on and launch RR2 HD.

It's great, I can't believe the gameplay is almost identical to the PC version. The new control scheme is great too, left side of the screen for left/right strafing/forward/backward movement, and the right side of the screen for looking. It's really comfortable to play in your hands.

Hi all, I managa a very small company in which we have developed 2 games for iOS and we are currently testing them as we have a deal with a big publisher to launch them very soon. They're different games for different targets and right now we're looking for people willing to test them.
To make it short:

MEMORY INVADERS (currently only in iPAD, will launch on Android tablets on September and WON'T be playable on browser once we launch)
It's an arcade game that takes a simple mechanic known for all of us and twists it and mixes it with the "Space Invaders" genre. One of those games that I wish make you scream in the last levels of difficulty.
The game features rankings and achievements through Game Center and other features.

People participating in the testing will have their names appear in the Credits section. See below if you are interested in testing the game.

You can also access a browser version of the game, but it doesn't sport as many features and frankly, the "touch" experience is much much better!

http://www.macflaigames.com/games/memory_invaders/memory_invaders_fullres.html

JAMBO (currently only in iPAD, will launch on iPhone and Android devices as well on September)
This is a very different game with a gameplay reminding somehow "Draw something" but targeted to single player, and the content is created by the players. It's a mix of quizz/charade/guessing game. Targeted to fill those 10 minutes of non-demanding fun we need in the middle of the day. It's great to play with your wife as well, or even your parents or sons.

The game is divided into the guessing area and the creation area. One of the key parts of the game is creating Jambo, and here is where I ask for help, if anyone is interested. We will ship the game soon in 6 languages:
- Spanish
- English
- French
- German
- Italian
- Portuguese

We have lots of contents for the Spanish version and some contents for the English and Portuguese versions. We are lacking content for the rest of languages. What we ask is:
- First, play a little the English version of the game, to understand the mechanics and the different types of quizzes that can be made.
- So, if your mother tongue is any of the languages (or you are good enough in a given language), please create Jambo in other languages! We will appreciate it a lot!
- When you select any other language than English or Spanish, the texts will keep showing in English (translation isn't done yet), but a flag in the header will let you know for which language you are creating Jambo!
- You can create Jambo about brand logos, places, movies, people, even footballers if you want!

You can check the browser version too, and you can create Jambo there as well:
http://www.macflaigames.com/games/jambo/jambo_fullres.html
But the "touch" experience of the iPAD allows for much better drawings and a funnier experience.

Participants in the testing will appear in the credits section! I attach some Jambo that most of you will solve...
jambo_examples.jpg

TO THOSE WILLING TO TAKE PART IN TESTING IN IPAD
People interested in testing this game for iPAD should simply send me the UDID of their iPAD. If you don't know what is an UDID, you can check here:

http://bjango.com/help/iphoneudid/

And send me a private message with your UDID. I will send you further instructions to access the test builds.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I played on my cousins iPad the other day and I think I want one. Can you get emulators on these to play any old console games?

I played on my cousins iPad the other day and I think I want one. Can you get emulators on these to play any old console games?
On my iPod Touch I have NES and GBA emulators, you'll have to jailbreak it though :).

Yeah, I was gonna say now, don't bother it's shit :LOL:. Played on iPad 3, graphics are definitely not retina, and it's too hard to play without a controller. I've asked iTunes for a refund.

Yeah, I was gonna say now, don't bother it's shit :LOL:. Played on iPad 3, graphics are definitely not retina, and it's too hard to play without a controller. I've asked iTunes for a refund.

Good luck with that!

Couple of gems out recently.

Vice City - for £2.99 got to be worth it. Controls really well (better than the last iOS GTA) and is everything I remember!

Baldurs Gate finally got released last night after loads of delays. £6.99 - so I'm on the fence right now, but everyone says its an amazing and massive game. Prob will get it when I get some more money in from shitty clients.

If you buy a game or app on your iPhone (i.e. it's synced up on my iTunes account) do I have to pay for it again if I get an iPad and want to load it up? Or can I just sync it up - provided there's only 1 version for both platforms?

I'm gonna get Vice City for my iPad, its the only GTA I've never got round to playing and the updated graphics mean it looks pretty sweet too - especially when you can plug the iPad into the tv.

Modern Combat seems hard to play, I got it for 69p in a sale a while ago. I also saw iffy reviews of Jet Set Radio but went ahead and got it anyways, and am really enjoying it. I'm not finding the controls too difficult. A bit fiddly here and there but the game looks amazing, not bad I'd say for the price of a sandwich :))

I've also seen the Walking Dead game that comes in episodes on PS3 etc is also on IPad. I was gonna get this for my console but I quite like the idea of playing this on the go, it's the exact same game from what I've heard.

I'd also recommend Dead Trigger. It's a first person zombie shooter but it looks amazing. Best graphics on the iPad alongside Real Racing imo.

Been playing a lot of Real Racing 3. It's very good and despite the way it tries to guide you towards iap, it's not a necessity and actually adds some strategy to the game (deciding if and when to repair and upgrade cars).

Hopefully more of my gc friends will pick it up next week on the worldwide release as its fun seeing other people as your opponents in race. Speaking of opponents, some races have 22 other drivers in! Great fun :)

PopCap Games' long-awaited sequel to the excellent Plants vs. Zombies will launch next month and - at least initially - be exclusive to iOS devices.

Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time will sprout on the App Store worldwide on 18th July.

Much has changed. As its title suggests, It's About Time sees the action move from Crazy Dave's front lawn to Ancient Egypt, the Wild West and Pirate-filled seas.

Now free-to-play, the game will let you spend real-world money on upgrades and other in-game items. Still, the "vast majority of the game will be entirely free", PopCap said.

Even the Plants vs. Zombies mechanic has been tinkered with - you can now jab your thumb and fingers at the zombies themselves, via "all-new touch-screen power-ups that enable players to 'break the fourth wall'." Hmmm.

It's worth remembering that Plants vs. Zombies' original creator George Fan was laid off last summer along with 50 other employees, just a day after Plants vs. Zombies 2 was announced.

There's a new 3D-rendered trailer to look at below, although the in-game screenshot just above offers a much better look at what the game will actually be like. Plants vs. Zombies 2's visuals have been cute-ified, although the overall style and game layout remains largely familiar.

Link to pic and trailer
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-03-plants-vs-zombies-2-its-about-time-given-release-date

6 year thread resurrection!!

After threatening to get a controller for years, I have finally done it. After grabbing monster hunter the other day (great sale price of £4 btw) and seeing how great it ran - even how good the on screen controls were too, I decided it would be even better with a controller.

Got a steel series nimbus and it has opened up a wealth of games in new ways. FPSs are playable, or more tilting for real racing 3 and asphalt, and monster hunter is brilliant with a controller.

So just to say, if you’ve ever considered it - and £40 is quite a steep investment I know - then it’s definitely worth it!

Back
Top Bottom