PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Just had a delicious session with the demo. Me as Juve vs Bayern, Superstar. I really felt as though I had a world class midfield running the show, recycling play and finding the vertical passes up to Llorente and Tevez, with Lichsteiner and Asamoah covering every blade of grass on each flank. I haven't really tried playing with lesser midfielders in those same positions, to see if I notice a huge difference, but certainly the first XI felt spot on.

I think the ability to swerve passes using the advanced through ball / manual passing is probably my new favourite thing ever. Some of the outside of the foot passes Pirlo was sweeping across the pitch were real pant moisteners, and the ability to curl lobbed passes meant I could (sometimes) plonk the ball perfectly in front of a player for him to run onto. When it's well executed, it's mystic shit.

I know we shouldn't talk about the other game, but, while the ball physics in that can be fantastic, I do think that manual / semi controls in FIFA are limited by not having the ability to deliberately put swerve on the ball. That, and the way that long passes are always too low and with not enough top spin, so you can't be cute or particularly precise. PES 2015 utterly nails that ability to put more information on a pass, to encourage you to find Pogba/Pirlo in space so you can put that extra second to devastating use. Up until today I was always very ponderous with Juve, trying to force the issue with those midfielders but ending up wasting opportunities as a result. It made the game feel slow and impotent at times. Today I accepted that I should rotate the ball between all 3 of them, using clever forward passes to keep the opposition stretched and create that space in the DLP zone. It ended up leading to far more in the way of beautiful passing than I was getting by just giving the ball to Pirlo and demanding he do something special.

Best of all, I feel so much more in control of my defence than in 2014. I can lead Ribery into waiting defenders more easily, I can press as a unit without overcommitting, and I almost never have that shambolic moment where all of my defenders seem to just stand around, waiting for Robben to waltz into the 6 yard box and score. Overall I feel a lot more in control than i did last year.

No idea if these has been posted before, but found on Japanese Winning Eleven site all teams and players on the teams are announced: http://www.konami.jp/we/2015/players/

Shows 1st and 2nd divisions for England (Licensed Players), French (both fully licensed), Italian (Serie A Real Teams, Serie B Real Players but not updated transfers), Spanish (Both fully licensed)

Sadly, as previously rumoured. There are no licensed Scottish teams at this moment.

Last edited:
A question.

Those outside foot through passes, how to do that?

was that using advanced through ball? any combination button?

Try using either advanced through balls or (especially if you use basic) L2. If you add a bit of outside swerve (swerve right if your player's right-footed) by moving the left stick while the power bar charges up, then you can almost guarantee an outside of the foot pass.

No idea if these has been posted before, but found on Japanese Winning Eleven site all teams and players on the teams are announced: http://www.konami.jp/we/2015/players/

Shows 1st and 2nd divisions for England (Licensed Players), French (both fully licensed), Italian (Serie A Real Teams, Serie B Real Players but not updated transfers), Spanish (Both fully licensed)

Sadly, as previously rumoured. There are no licensed Scottish teams at this moment.

Any idea how the dynamic will work between the senior and B teams? i.e. are Barcelona B there and are they locked in that division? Can Barcelona loan players there easier etc.?

Knowing Konami no thought whatsoever will have gone into this aspect of the game.

Last edited:
Try using either advanced through balls or (especially if you use basic) L2. If you add a bit of outside swerve (swerve right if your player's right-footed) by moving the left stick while the power bar charges up, then you can almost guarantee an outside of the foot pass.

Hmm still couldn't pull it off. haha.
Does the pass assistance have to be 0?

From my experience you don't need to use advanced passing. It's more about the player you use, such as Rodriguez and Pirlo etc.., who are very adept at passing, and player positioning. Imagine if you were going to pass with the outside of your foot in real life. Think about your position relative to the receiver's and try to replicate that in game... Also, no need to move the stick any particular way when the power bar is charging.

Last edited:
Pre ordered Winning Eleven 15 - Japan release today. $72 for the game plus $12 shipping. I was only offered two shipping options but wasn't offered overnight express delivery like in the past when I used to order WE Japanese releases on my moded PS2. Says I should have the game btw 14-18th. Now the waiting and nail biting begins. Its been a long time fellas that Ive been this excited for a game esp a good PES game. PES 15 is a fantastic and great game and I'm glad its getting attention from all over the globe.

I also bought Football Kingdom by Namco brand new copy for $20. Great collectible item with best nets ever.

Lastly how do you play Demo online with the share play option.
In which shop did you buy it?
I'm interested too.
Thanks

Mine is 2.

From my experience you don't need to use advanced passing. It's more about the player you use, such as Rodriguez and Pirlo etc.., who are very adept at passing, and player positioning. Imagine if you were going to pass with the outside of your foot in real life. Think about your position relative to the receiver's and try to replicate that in game... Also, no need to move the stick any particular way when the power bar is charging.

You don't need to move the left stick to do an outside of the foot pass - as Ipswich says, it's about creating the situation where your player needs to use the outside of his foot to complete the pass. If you use a lesser player, then they're more likely to just use their weaker foot, though all players can definitely stab a short pass out wide with the outside of the foot.

I mention moving the stick because, if you do move the stick, it puts swerve on the ball (dunno about standard passing, but I do it all the time with advanced & manual). If you're using a Pirlo type player, with the ball on his right foot, and you swerve a pass so the ball swerves right, he has to hit the left hand side of the ball with his right foot. He can't swerve it that way with the inside of his foot. So, put that swerve on it and the chances are Pirlo will use an outside of the foot pass.

I'll try uploading some Youtube vids tonight of swerving the ball, with the manual arrow indicator and the advanced target indicator. I would guess you can do the same sort of thing with the advanced/manual shooting, but I don't really use either - in particular advanced shooting seems to add an extra 2 or 3 seconds between button press and shot, which I can't really put up with.

Last edited:
Confirmation from French markenting manager new licenced teams in day one DLC
http://www.gameblog.fr/news/46689-pgw-decouvrez-le-stand-konami-en-video

I still believe in VfL Wolfsburg, Borussia VfL Mönchengladbach and why not Arsenal and Chelsea

thx Allon from WEarePES

Do you seriously belive?:CONFUSE: Arsenal and Chelsea will be licensed? They lost Camp nou and Satiego Bernabeu, Wembley and more licensed stadia and teams.......:PIG: One step forward, two steps backwards. Konami.

Last edited:
It didnt work me either it was ddue to region not sure person iwas had eu demo. People on pesfan forum are reporting it works. Maybe eu to eu it works or usa to usa.

I played with MASTER W11(we are both in Brazil), works very well, sometimes the connection broke but we just restarted it very quickly and game on... Increadible tool this one, can already see me playing online leagues with this!!

I played with MASTER W11(we are both in Brazil), works very well, sometimes the connection broke but we just restarted it very quickly and game on... Increadible tool this one, can already see me playing online leagues with this!!
Did either of you experience any lag?

Back
Top Bottom