PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on PS3 and have be playing ML for quite a bit since the patch. The reason I brought it up is because, I won treble with Bilbao with a bit of difficulty against the major teams (Madrid, Barca, etc), but I managed to win the WC (with qualifiers) with Scotland on the DLC with more ease.

It felt like I was in full control as to what the outcome of the match would be on the DLC, but the same didn't apply on ML.

Fair enough buddy I thought you were one of the PC guys just wanted feedback. If you won the treble on Superstar you must be a great player.

Last edited:
Fair enough buddy I thought you were one of the PC guys just wanted feedback. If you won the treble on Superstar you must be a great player.

Cheers mate. I am a decent player, but I also play on manual. The harder the challenge the better. :D

WHINE ALERT:

I honestly hope they just go back to the old patch versions of PES2014. I can only possibly enjoy the game when I'm winning. The early versions of this game looked more like a next-gen game than the one we have now. Collisions are worse, goalkeeping is predictable, making basic through passes is an exercise in futility, shot and pass animations are extremely limited, human movement has been replaced by robotic movement, wingers are extremely stupid when running onto passes near the touchline (they would rather stick to their predetermined route, rather than actually ADJUST their run and go towards the ball, that putrid sliding shot animation can seemingly appear anywhere on the pitch, CPU AI has super-human insticts scoring goals with no consideration of the actual location of the goal, etc.

To be fair, I'm happy that:

- There's no more fannying around from the keeper
- I can actually score from outside the box with just basic shot type.
- I don't remember seeing any wrong offside decisions, but then again I haven't played my brother in which those did occur in the earlier versions, so I'll just have to wait and see.

That's it. This is not the direction Konami want to be going.

My MLO games tonight have been a nightmare.
Trigger player run, lob thruball, and every tackle (+ I mean EVERY tackle) a slide tackle. Why? Because the ref doesn't call a thing. Unless of course it's the AI taking control of your player and making a legit tackle, then we hear a whistle.

My last game was something I've never seen before. My team finished with 9 players on the pitch due to injury - I ran out of subs in the 70th minute.
He only had one yellow card.

Defending was my biggest problem pre-patch, but now it's been fixed the bad refereeing is really showing itself up.
It's destroying online the way thruball spam has the last few yrs. Just another exploit.

PS. Why has Konami given every defender in Pes14 a taser or cattle prod. Every time your player gets tackled he makes a tiny vertical pop jump before going into their flamboyant fall animations. A little electric shock right up the arse with every contact.

Horrible experience MLO has become again
Rant over :(

Let us know what you think of Superstar on this patch if you can.

Play on superstar the whole time. Much more of a challenge. Really enjoyed. CPU IA is miles better.

Startplaying ML just to see how it differs from the exhibition matches (that felt great). Play with Barça (probably the worst big team to play in this game, since all of the team are composed by small guys that get man-handled all the time, without the ref blowing the whistle) and I felt that the competition was good, but the heart system does not work properly. After a 4-1 lost to Bayern on a friendly (great game, but gave Robben too much space and the result was to screamers outside the box. Really cool) play the first fixture against Rayo, start dominating the game and have a few chances, but then they scored at 20 min or so. My team immediately "died" and the game felted like a pain in the ass. They couldn't out run anyone, felt too sluggish, etc. Score the equalizer at 70m, and the time felt alive again and I go on to win the match. The problem for me is with the heart system is that it have too much of an impact. Of course the team should feel down after a goal and be slow to react, etc., but that for 50m is too much. If I didn't score a goal (with tones of patience and build-up play) they will spend the whole game without a fire, even if it is the first damn week of the season.

And the same goes for the opposite. Remember pre-patch when I was up two nil in the first half and the CPU just "give up" a little bit and I went up winning by 4 or 5 with ease.

The new patch is definitely an improvement but what i'd like to see in PES 2015, is to get rid of rails (very annoying), better passing and shooting system and much better and varied AI.

Morover better depiction of stats on the pitch and more option on strategies.

Am i asking too much? :)

I would love some tactical options, like PES 6 positioning arrows (you could choose were the player would go to the middle, to the left, etc.), the defensive intensity (put Messi with low defensive intensity so he do not waste stamina on defence) and some options on set-pieces, especially corners. Three or four types of corners.

in terms of the through ball I think in the latest patch you are better off pressing L2 for a manual pass and just practicing until you get a feel for how much power you need, at least you can get the direction where you want it.

Said it before though, in the long term we need to move away from there being a dedicated through ball button, it doesn't make sense, it must be too much effort for Konami to constantly adjust it to find the sweet spot anyway

Just played another ML game and finally after all these months a player got injured (hallelujah.., lol). Messi will be out until november (i'm in early september), so at least two months. The injury occured in game.

Just played another ML game and finally after all these months a player got injured (hallelujah.., lol). Messi will be out until november (i'm in early september), so at least two months. The injury occured in game.

What??? For real????

Can't believe it, lol.
But cool, if this is gonna be fixed too.

I didn't get what for did RM got penalty? Justice prevails in the end as he misses :P.

What annoys me now is commentary. It's like watching Mourinho teams play :LOL:. Boring.

Ah yeah, I even forgot to mention that. That decision was absolutely horrible. However, it's sad to say that there bigger problems in PES 2014 than the refereeing which is also atrocious. :RANT:
And yes, the commentary is plain bad, but I'm not even bothered by it, it became a "feature" of the game. When you say PES, you always say bad match-day atmosphere (in terms of audio).

What sorcery is this?!

It even have a shiny new icon (a bandage... whoa!), instead of the red/yellow cross.
6vLxftU.png

Btw, playing on PC. The injury occurred after a two feet tackle from behind that only got a yellow card! lol

It even have a shiny new icon (a bandage... whoa!), instead of the red/yellow cross.
6vLxftU.png

Btw, playing on PC. The injury occurred after a two feet tackle from behind that only got a yellow card! lol

Is the PC patch a more advanced patch than the 1.10? Interesting to see if there's any big differences.

I'm still waiting for you to cry "scripting" lol!

Last edited:
Cheers mate. I am a decent player, but I also play on manual. The harder the challenge the better. :D

Have you any videos of your games to put up. . .I'd love to see what I'm doing wrong.

I think the secret of success seems to be holding onto the ball while holding off pressure from defenders and wait for an opening.

Is the PC patch a more advanced patch that the 1.10? Interesting to see if there's any big differences.

I'm still waiting for you to cry "scripting" lol!

It's 1.12 patch on PC instead of 1.10. Don't know if there's any difference. Some people said that difference in name was only to not support the world challenge (consoles exclusive).

As far as scripting, did not seen more that it was before. With good tactics and patience you can win any game, even the ones were your team feels to sluggish and the opposition are flying.

I think the secret of success seems to be holding onto the ball while holding off pressure from defenders and wait for an opening.
Holding ball is essential on higher difficulties. Also another thing, try to keep as much ball as you can. Don't be afraid to play back or to the sides. You eventually will find a crease to put a deadly through ball or speed up with your player.

It's 1.12 patch on PC instead of 1.10. Don't know if there's any difference. Some people said that difference in name was only to not support the world challenge (consoles exclusive).

As far as scripting, did not seen more that it was before. With good tactics and patience you can win any game, even the ones were your team feels to sluggish and the opposition are flying.

Holding ball is essential on higher difficulties. Also another thing, try to keep as much ball as you can. Don't be afraid to play back or to the sides. You eventually will find a crease to put a deadly through ball or speed up with your player.

I've been having a bit more success with a 5 man midfield and a lot more patience but just when I think I've nicked it the CPU teams manage to get a draw in injury time.

I play as Sampdoria in Serie A in ML and in my second season. . . Inter seem to be unbeatable at the moment.

I'll take your advice thanks.

Have you any videos of your games to put up. . .I'd love to see what I'm doing wrong.

I don't sadly mate. The main thing is to defend well, and make sure you don't loss possession close to your goal. In addition, you have to take your chances when you get them.

Can anyone give me some info on regen players on ML. They appear after first season (when veteran players retire) or only down the road? Do teams signed them allot or just a few of them get signed?

I know that they have overall 90+ at age 16. I'm in doubt if I should start a ML or League Mode.

3rd transfer window you should start seeing then but window 4 they are unleashed. They get snapped up pretty quick

Try ML starting with the default ML squad. Its pretty cool as is league mode

Can anyone give me some info on regen players on ML. They appear after first season (when veteran players retire) or only down the road? Do teams signed them allot or just a few of them get signed?

I know that they have overall 90+ at age 16. I'm in doubt if I should start a ML or League Mode.

They appear during the end of the first season if I remember correctly. The retired legends are normally signed straightaway, but new youngsters (players that are free agents, but appear as regens) aren't always signed. Messed up logic from Konami as usual.

Cool. I normally only play 3/4 seasons before got bored with that ML and start another. Regen is something that throws me off. Just hope next year they will removed all togheter and put it random players like any other sports title.

The days of play with default ML squad are over to me :P. Played too much in the past. Not really a "transfers guy". Prefer playing with a smaller team and develop them into the top, with just a few signings (I even sell my top players like in real life, just to keep fresh :)).

I will start a ML with Benfica, then probably one with Athelic Bilbao and then with some small team, fighting the relegation battle.

:LOL:

Don't worry I started with Leeds United and ML defaults got them into the premiership with a weak bankrupt team then ran off to Crystal Palace who got relegated and needed my services but they had a better squad and more cash. They call me José :)

Loving it but game is getting harder now that my squad decided to lose heart. Really scrapping wins and draws with a very powerful team in the Championship

it is a shame about the regens, luckily at my pace of 1 game a night at most it will take me ages to even reach 3 or 4 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom