PC PES 2014 discussion thread

Holy shit, shooting is powerful on this one.

Yeah, it's gone from underpowered to overpowered and as such is no better than before. That's the trouble with Konami - when they try to fix something they tend to go too far the other way and create new problems.

The patch is ok I guess. There are a few improvements but ultimately the game doesn't feel much different to me. I think my biggest issue with PES is it's just a bit boring. Player individuality isn't there, the gameplay feels too clinical. It's ok for the odd kickabout but the 'one more game factor' just isn't there.

Then again my issues with this game are greater than a patch can repair. PES2014 is a lost cause to me so I will await PES2015 and hope for the best.

I hope lack of individuality at this year's game is not a structural problem of the new engine. (I think very rigid physics system causes stats not to show their effects on players.) If so that means next year's game won't be so different in that aspect :(.

thank you guys.

then mistery is why jenkey's version is 1.6.0.0.

Exe is 1.5.0.0 (PC/dvd) & 1.6.0.0 (Steam Version)..Jenkey has modded the steam version (3DMgame) to work with Pc/dvd version.That's the only reason it's 1.6.0.0,...why is steam 1.6.0.0 ? no idea mate,but Konami's numerical release order is weird this year...like patch 1.01/1.04/1.06/1.07/1.12

Last edited:
Is like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5EFDh1FVcs. Just use the right stick towards the opponent. If you press too much you will commit a foul (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PQywZ6gmJA), so be careful with it.

Is it vs AI? How did he get such head start vs AI defenders?

I can't even get ahead with Bale as there is always defender on my ass on Professional difficulty.

The catch up stuff is still here on 1.12 patch forcing you to play with possession more than quick counter (like RM vs Bayern yesterday).

Hoping to see that one gone next year. Despite that, this patch is so good. I was glued to the screen for a while yesterday :LOL:.

Little tip. If you have space on front of you, when you receive the ball, immediatly double tap sprint button (:r1:). You will get separation from defenders. You can use the shoulder barge with your offensively player too, to get rid of the "glued" defender.

Pushing R3 or right analogue in the direction of the opposition defender shrugs off the player.

Ps I want to cry when people say there isn't individuality.
There are bags of it and it's clear as day when you play ML as much as I do.

I can see clear differences between, for example, Cuenca, S.Roberto, Gotze and Januzaj in my Crystal Palace team.

Everything from dribble ability, strength, areas of pitch they run into and how they defend.

Shooting though is a bit of a joke now. Balance, positioning, timing etc is far too generic and i agree wholeheartedly not individual at all.

Yeah, it's gone from underpowered to overpowered and as such is no better than before. That's the trouble with Konami - when they try to fix something they tend to go too far the other way and create new problems.

The patch is ok I guess. There are a few improvements but ultimately the game doesn't feel much different to me. I think my biggest issue with PES is it's just a bit boring. Player individuality isn't there, the gameplay feels too clinical. It's ok for the odd kickabout but the 'one more game factor' just isn't there.

Then again my issues with this game are greater than a patch can repair. PES2014 is a lost cause to me so I will await PES2015 and hope for the best.

Omg Jamezinho!
Yesterday i was playing with Al-Ahli for AFC Champions League, and with 1/2 for life bar shoot i can make a goal outside the area. And i was playing in Medium Level. :SHOCK:

Overall, great patch especially in terms of reducing the sluggishness.. anyway, long shot for me no problem in 1.07, but ball physic for shooting feels light and like skyrocket now in 1.12, does it ?

Maybe the ball is a bit light but the keepers seems up for it for the most part. I like this kind of shooting quite a lot to be honest. A bit of a glorified realism and it makes shooting exciting.

The game does feel much better when playing. More responsive to be sure. I still get some lag/stutter even with v-sync and TB on in Nvidia control panel. It seems to be related to certain stadia or perhaps the in-game camera angle I am using.

Now I need to make it work with the latest File Loader (thanks, Jenkey!!!) and see if I can find a nice camera angle to work with.

Maybe the ball is a bit light but the keepers seems up for it for the most part. I like this kind of shooting quite a lot to be honest. A bit of a glorified realism and it makes shooting exciting.

That's true. I don't mind things being a little exaggerated. It is a game after all, but in this instance I think Konami took it a little too far.

Yeah, had a few good matches but then a similar feeling settled in.

The lack in individuality (mainly for non-superstar players), those moments where you seem to lose control of your player or of inconstant response to input (for example, tapping the sprint button never gives you the same output) and the lackluster passing take away my enjoyment of the game. The game bores me even when I'm winning by 3-0.

is anyone having online issues since the latest konami patch?the game freezes just before kick off and im having frequent disconnections.i didnt have any of this with patch 1.07

i think it has that one more game feeling jst try and enjoy it and you will see what i am taking about.
It really is a good improvement in more ways than one sprinting especially

is anyone having online issues since the latest konami patch?the game freezes just before kick off and im having frequent disconnections.i didnt have any of this with patch 1.07
remove your fileloader and go back to 1.028 i used to have that problem before. I even went as far as reinstalling

Exe is 1.5.0.0 (PC/dvd) & 1.6.0.0 (Steam Version)..Jenkey has modded the steam version (3DMgame) to work with Pc/dvd version.That's the only reason it's 1.6.0.0,...why is steam 1.6.0.0 ? no idea mate,but Konami's numerical release order is weird this year...like patch 1.01/1.04/1.06/1.07/1.12

thanks for clearing this up ;)

remove your fileloader and go back to 1.028 i used to have that problem before. I even went as far as reinstalling

thanks for the reply but i m not using fileloader or any other patch/mod.i have reinstalled a clean original copy of pes 3 times and the issue persists.it has something to do with patch 1.12.i dint have any issue with 1.07...

Yes, having the same problem here.
Feels like their servers are not running smoothly.

Having more laggy games than before.

Yes, having the same problem here.
Feels like their servers are not running smoothly.

Having more laggy games than before.

so konami fucked up again.probably we will have to wait for another patch resolving this issue.i could not care less but my rating and courtesy have dropt because of this. and i NEVER quit a game on purpose.PES online by it self is was and always will be a joke.smooth..........

Games are definitely laggy. Laggier than ever actually. Ratings are dropping because of this. One step forward, two steps back. :/

this patch is shit.
through balls broken,
pass speed too slow,
player animations look weird now,
stupid bugs still there..
player clicks into animation and becomes invincible,
clunky and robotic movement causes game to get stuck in midfield so no real beautiful plays or goals..

do konami not do any testing on their patches? this is the worst one yet

this patch is shit.
through balls broken,
pass speed too slow,
clunky and robotic movement causes game to get stuck in midfield so no real beautiful plays or goals..

Use advanced through ball. it is good.

this patch is shit.
through balls broken,
pass speed too slow,

I could not disagree more. In my opinion nothing of what you've said here is of any resemblance to the truth.

Through ball is more difficult to pull off and more power input dependent, not broken.
Pass speed is dependent on power input, same as through ball.
Player animations are better than ever.
Many bugs are fixed.
I've not seen any more instances of "invincible AI" since the patch.
I have no idea what those last two are supposed to mean but I disagree for good measure, I've scored and conceded some pretty amazing goals since the patch.

Now, is it perfect? No. Is it good or better? Yes. Is Konami heading in the right direction? Most definitely.

As for online mode I really don't give a good old crap. There's a huge bug in online gaming that is impossible to fix and it's the human element. Humans will do whatever they can to screw up, cheat and destroy anything so it's no point even trying in my opinion.

Last edited:
this patch is shit.
through balls broken,
pass speed too slow,

Also cannot agree on that.

About shooting. Yes, it's quite overpowered now. Just faced 3 shots from Mandzukic from outside the penalty area in one half and all of them hit the crossbar.

I think some just want to have a moan. I do think it's better than before and not as good as the demo. But nothing to get irate about. It's about this time of the year you start looking forward to the next game so for them to still be patching it to make it work just begs belief.

Back
Top Bottom