PES 2011 Demo impressions

It just gets better with each game :D

Besides the lack of advantage and the goalkeepers refusing to catch the ball and parry instead, it just plays some of the best football I've seen on any platform.

Animations seem fine, although just had an instance where Keita got sent off even though his foot was at least 5yrds away from the other player.

I love the movement of the players, especially with regards to dribbling. I haven't tried tricks or anything, but just being able to weave around is superb.

Also enjoying the tackling, I feel I can get some really good crunching tackles going on and the standing tackles are fine if not maybe a little too frequent to commit fouls.

Obviously too early to say "BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVA!!!11!!" but it surely has to be up there.

Animations seem fine, although just had an instance where Keita got sent off even though his foot was at least 5yrds away from the other player.

I love the movement of the players, especially with regards to dribbling. I haven't tried tricks or anything, but just being able to weave around is superb.

Also enjoying the tackling, I feel I can get some really good crunching tackles going on and the standing tackles are fine if not maybe a little too frequent to commit fouls.

Dags - on those bits I've re-quoted:

perhaps the red card was as a result of a dive? I had Mueller dive against me last night. Sure I've read that you can do that?

dribbling - what buttons are you using? I'm finding my FIFA insticts still kicking in, need to re-train the brain.

tackling - oh yes, had some great block tackles that have sent players flying but ref hasn't blown as it's a fair tackle.

perhaps the red card was as a result of a dive? I had Mueller dive against me last night. Sure I've read that you can do that?

dribbling - what buttons are you using? I'm finding my FIFA insticts still kicking in, need to re-train the brain.

tackling - oh yes, had some great block tackles that have sent players flying but ref hasn't blown as it's a fair tackle.

I guess it's possible but I'm sure it was just a really bad case of collision detection really.

Dribbling just using the stick, nothing more. Just being able to turn with the ball and weave around without using anything but the left stick is awesome.

first game i did, i win a ball in midfield with messi than i go alone to the goal zlatan in the middle run back, so the simple soocer that was i pass to the middle and zlatan score, no zlatan run back villa in the otherside run back to,and i go alone to the goal. why the foward players continue to run back still foward?? the same old bug...

i will try the game to ps3, in the pc demo i dont think its amzazing game, i think its ok, a lot of fifa style...let me see to ps3

I could have swore I had two Barca players dive yesterday!!! Maybe the CPU does dive then?!

just played winning eleven 11 taken from psn japan, it's the best football game i have ever played. i hope that pes 11 will be like that waiting for the demo on psn europe.
it's like a real match. if you like to see a real football match than you're gonna love this game.
i've tested fifa 11 demo too, it's a great game but it's not like a real match.

Sheesh what's with the 10 fucking minute unskippable PES trailer just because I accidentally went back to "top menu"? If that's after every single match I can see myself deleting it after 1 game.

I could have swore I had two Barca players dive yesterday!!! Maybe the CPU does dive then?!

I was fairly convincing.

I even forced my wife to watch the replay over the bundle of womens mags I bought her to keep her occupied while I battered the demo :TWIST:

*update
for demo tester please support us:LOL:....

Bring back control configuration in the old pes, but keep the new one. now with reason!

After playing demo for so many days, this is the conclusion I can get.
pes2011 is the greatest football game in the universe.but also the worse football game in control configuration.

this are the negative:

1.trick control L2 + right stick.
reason: not fluid to do,doesn't feel we do the trick ourselves.what make it worse is the Ps3 L2 is very difficult to click.also when playing hand is busy with the right stick.
solution: keep the left pad trick, but still keep the new one.
*update
Don' t confuse with removed new one.it is not replaced the new one.but bring back the old one, so everybody can choose which trick they want to use.
*update
after read people comment, I got conclusion that most people agree with other point,but not agree with this point.so I make new vote with point no 1 deleted.so if if anybody agree with point 2,3,4 please vote here http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=233302

2.keeper cursor L1 + R3.
reason: should be change to something faster, because when we want to click R3, IMO it need time maybe 1 millisecond slower than the usual triangle.it is make huge different when playing.
solution: use the old L1 + triangle.

3.step over dummy right stick.
reason: actually it is very good, only cannot getting used to it.
solution: keep the L1 2x and R2 2x.

4.dive L3 R3.
reason: when we are running we cannot push L3 easily.
solution: keep the old L1 L2 R2.

the positive part about the new trick configuration is the L1 + right stick.

for other that don't agree and feel satisfied with the new trick configuration, please support us,because it doesn't interfere with the new control configuration.
if anybody agree, please support by going here http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=233269 vote yes.
thanks everybody.....

Sheesh what's with the 10 fucking minute unskippable PES trailer just because I accidentally went back to "top menu"? If that's after every single match I can see myself deleting it after 1 game.

shockingly, it is after every game. watch it once and cringe at how they actually showcase the stupid customisable heads and stuff near the end.

They do yeah. Was playing last night, last minute, I'm 2-1 up, and David Villa bursts into the box and falls flat on his face. I hit the roof cos I thought that the ref had given a penalty, instead he booked him for diving.

kool down mate all u have to do is go to setting.exe and disable video playback .......problem sovlved....say thanks....

They do yeah. Was playing last night, last minute, I'm 2-1 up, and David Villa bursts into the box and falls flat on his face. I hit the roof cos I thought that the ref had given a penalty, instead he booked him for diving.

Great news :D

kool down mate all u have to do is go to setting.exe and disable video playback .......problem sovlved....say thanks....

Not everyone is playing on the PC.

hello guys this is my first post in this forum, and the only reason i registered is cause i wanted to say a few words about new pes.I have been reading this thread for the last few months cause i am pes 4,6 fan and really was hoping pes gets better.

so, when i watched pes videos on yuotube i was suprised, and really enjoyed them.and then i tried this demo. well i was first to download it in 1 am and played it to half of the night and few games in the morning.and what can i say that is nothing like people are saying or youtube videos are alike.

first i didnt liked the Dribbling,the responivness is awful, the animations during the process are no good,somehow the ball doesnt feel or move natural when dribbling, it is like you cant control it properly, it bounces 1 meter from the player and you easily loose it...i cant really feel the weight of the player and the ball when moving, it is just not the old pes 6 feeling where you could dribble and actually fell the ball and the player you are controlling...
i just cant understand how the messi( best player in the world)cant dribble and pass 2-3 players, i know i couldnt with him, it is akward, he is moving in many directions but couldnt dribble one single player...i dont know how to describe it, just dissapointed...

weel there are some good things i liked- the graphics, camera and the passing sistem which is good...

i really wanted to cry just about nets which are awful btw, but this gameplay i just dont like. it is like pes 2010 or 09 with improved animations(never really think i would say that lol) and some more tweaks like the ball close to players feet etc, but it just feels like the old bull*hit pes-es...

well this is just my view of the game, and really cant see why people are so hyped about and satisfied about this presentation...i am still testing this game and i really HOPE that I would like it better...

i hope someone will agree with me, or atleast comment on my post.

and sry about my english, i almost never write in english

cheers!

Last edited:
ok ingnore that, i knew somebody will comment on that, it is far better game then pes 2010 far better, but nothig like i wanted and pes 2010 is maybe the closest feeling of what this game feels like.

The issues with dribbling is down to you. Did you play PES 2010 or the previous titles on the NG? Dribbling, like many other areas in this game, it's something you have to learn. And I haven't had any problems with response at all.

Back
Top Bottom