PES 2011 Demo impressions

Re: pes feeling?

Totally agree... i still be a PES fan.. But, it's the first time i realize that there's not much evolution on PES. The graphics, OMG!.. i always said, PES is better than Fifa.. today i played Fifa 11 DEMO, and i stay with my mouth open.:SHOCK:. WTF!! It's amazing.. graphics, the gameplay.. i use to play football every saturday, and i know how the ball feels, how the ball float in the air.. the curving.. Fifa 11, it's pure simulation, honestly.

lol...wat a joke...fifa a pure simulation...its fun thats all.....u play football every saturday......i think in kindr garden...lol.......

Good old FIFA 98, probably the most complete FIFA to date!

On the topic, I'm surprised why you didn't buy FIFA last year because in my opinion the difference between the quality of the two games was much more pronounced last year. I really hated PES 2010 so much I went on and bought my first console after 14 years only to play FIFA 10:

FIFA 96 (PC)
FIFA 97 (PC)
FIFA 98 (PC)
FIFA 99 (PC)
FIFA 2000 (PC)
FIFA 2001 (PC)
FIFA 2002 (PC)
FIFA 2003 (PC)
FIFA 2004 (PC)
FIFA 2005 (PC)
FIFA 2006 (PC)
FIFA 2007 (PC)
FIFA 08 (PC)
PES 2008 (PC)
FIFA 09 (PC)
PES 2009 (PC)
FIFA 10 (360)
FIFA 11 (360)
PES 2011 (PC)

u missed pes 5 and pes 6...then u will never love pes...better play ur cartoon fifa...

I am actually in love with this game, played like 10 - 15 games of FIFA demo and that's alright, definitely better than 10.

15+ games through the PES demo and it's so so much better imo, took me like 9 games to score a goal! everything is just better.

Again it's his opinion, attacking him with such a silly rant is immature in the extreme.

Not all opinions are created equal though. Saying FIFA is pure sim? It'd be just as hard to take him seriously if he had said pes is pure sim. Not to mention that was a bit more of a statement than an opinion. If you're going to make bold claims like that, about either game, you gotta back that up or else it's pretty meaningless.

I have a question, can the skills be performed "manually" or I can only perform all skills by linking feints? I know I can perform step overs manually, but what about the rest?. And is the link feints thing random? If I do L1 + up it will done one of the assigned skills randomly or what?

Again it's his opinion, attacking him with such a silly rant is immature in the extreme.

i am adding bit more spice to this forum thats all...but i like fifa.....but fifa is never a sim........b still feel fifa is overated by its presentation and marketing techniques...

I have a question, can the skills be performed "manually" or I can only perform all skills by linking feints? I know I can perform step overs manually, but what about the rest?. And is the link feints thing random? If I do L1 + up it will done one of the assigned skills randomly or what?

no idea mate...i am struggling with this toooo....how to link fients in pc?????i cant even do basic scsrs step over......somebody help.....

i am adding bit more spice to this forum thats all...but i like fifa.....but fifa is never a sim........b still feel fifa is overated by its presentation and marketing techniques...

You're not adding spice, you're petulantly attacking and insulting people who you don't agree with.

i just sneaked fifa forums....they rate pes 2011 demo 7.5 or 8 /10....if pes getting such good ratings in fifa forums it means only 1 thing "king may not be back but came out of his hide out and declared open war.....game on guys" but i personally feel king never left actuallly......

Yes FIFA has better presentation and commentary. Duh! They have official licenses. They further have better player/Gk animations and fluidity like people say but I am sorry when its all said and done...

I know which Messi I like controlling and playing with better. I ain't even a dribbling and trick connoisseur but a simple press of R2 and any direction with Messi in PS3 and PES2011 respectively gives me the close control and player freedom that resembles the real Messi.

If any of you doubt this... Try using Messi in FIFA 11 and PES 2011 Demo and see which one plays a lot like its real life counter part... The Messi in PES 2011 is more of a menace and a threat than FIFA 11 and that's just on manual formation and strategy. We ain't even delved into changing formation, tactics and strategy...

i just sneaked fifa forums....they rate pes 2011 demo 7.5 or 8 /10....if pes getting such good ratings in fifa forums it means only 1 thing "king may not be back but came out of his hide out and declared open war.....game on guys" but i personally feel king never left actuallly......
for the first time ever we have two good football games to play

Mates, one question, FIFA 11=PC=XBOX360=PS3? EA said that is the same version, but I don't know...I have been playing FIFA 11, PC version...and of course PES 2011...I'll share my opinion after play more matches.

Thanks!

FIFA nothing but modded version of PES with licensed clubs (who gives a shiit).

Don't you think that is a litle bit immature?
Besides if you read this carefully and take it literally, then everybody should buy FIFA.: FIFA is PES with licensed clubs..if that would be true, i would only buy one game...FIFA.

I have played the PES demo, some impressions, for what it's worth.

It certainly is the best PES in years.
I'm not entirely convinced with the animations...there is definitely room for improvement.
I was playing with players who have extraordinary passing abilities like Xavi and D'Alessandro but their team mates don't move enough. Maybe if i tinker a bit with the tactics, that will improve.
I struggled with the new defense system, but i'm sure i will get used to it.
All in all a positive feeling, but i'm not sure if the raving reviews by some of you are really justified...but yes i played only 3 games...so i suppose i must get used to it.

The last match i played, i lost 2-1 with Barcelona against Bayern...at that moment i had that old feeling again.
I guess a definite judgement should be made in spring 2011...
I have pre-ordered both games...

Mates, one question, FIFA 11=PC=XBOX360=PS3? EA said that is the same version, but I don't know...I have been playing FIFA 11, PC version...and of course PES 2011...I'll share my opinion after play more matches.

Thanks!

fifa is same in xbox and ps3 ...but u need very high end system to get same experience in pc........

anyone having a problem with the 360 version where the whole screen freezes for a second or so around the midfield area? its like some sort of lag or something, its very off putting, couldnt play it like this if it was in the final retail version

anyone having a problem with the 360 version where the whole screen freezes for a second or so around the midfield area? its like some sort of lag or something, its very off putting, couldnt play it like this if it was in the final retail version

I am. It has to be fixed !

Oh Hai.

Played the FIFA 11 demo yesterday slightly underwhelmed as it's not that big of a change, so I thought I'd download the PES 11 demo and give it a go.

It's infinitely better than 2008, 2009 and 2010, but it still feels so rigid. I think the player models are superb, but they look low-res when actually playing with the view from the TV camera.

The pass wasn't as hard as I'd suspected. I was being told I'd have to learn it, it was total BS, I picked it up in about 15 virtual minutes, but it's just not that good a game again.

It's just so rigid. It has none of the free-flowing aspect that FIFA has. You can't just call something simulation because it has terrible game mechanics and slow passing. It didn't feel like I was playing with Barcelona.

The aerial play on PES is still stuck in the style they had 5 years ago. Two men challenge for the ball aerially, there's no battle on the ground it's kind of pre-decided who's going to win. It's horrible.

There are things I'd take out PES, BAL is superior in the way you have to work your way up the ladder in comparison to BAP on FIFA. Other than that and the player models, there are very few things I'd take. I would also take the licenses of Champions League and the Copa Libertatores, which reminds me of similar things I used to say about the old FIFAs having the license instead of PES.

Going to be my third FIFA straight and my (probably) my second year straight of not picking up a PES.

All in all a positive feeling, but i'm not sure if the raving reviews by some of you are really justified...but yes i played only 3 games...so i suppose i must get used to it.

The game gets better the more you play it. PES2011 is addictive and will draw you in. Once you start exploring the tactical depth and experimenting with different players you'll see why some of us are giving rave reviews. Remember many of us spent two weeks with the Master League Online beta. I played about 50 matches, but others played 100+. That's enough to get an in-depth feel for the game and give a justified review.

played winning eleven 2011 now in my friends hopuse.....its much better than pes 2011 demo...all the bugs are removed.....refs are giving advantage....and player switching is improved too.....soo hope final pes version is same as wining eleven 2011 ....

Can anyone tell me what one touch settings are? not entirely sure and I always switch it to manual lol.

Also, I prefer -1 game speed but just wondering if anyone knows if you'll be able to choose in online games? (I don't mind 0 either but would like to know) but either way I'll be happy.

I'm getting a real hang of the passing etc after like 20 games now, and some of the football I've wanted to play and been able to pull off is still amazing me, this game is beyond great.

u missed pes 5 and pes 6...then u will never love pes...better play ur cartoon fifa...

That is some great logic. I'm beginning to doubt if you have played PES 5 cause you sound like you weren't old enough when that game was out.

Also the reason why I didn't play PES 5/6 wasn't liking it or disliking it. The reason is my friends who had PC played FIFA and the ones with consoles played PES, and since I didn't have a console I was bound to play it.

Last edited:
Well I was very impressed with the lighting from the videos released so I definitely wanted to try it, it does a lot of stuff very well and it's not far away from me wanting to buy it, probably not as a replacement for Fifa but to complement it, if the PC version is the same as the console version I think I may get PES for PC so it can be fully patched as Fifa has Sheffield Wednesday who I support and proper English leagues/cups and that will be hard to give up in career mode :)

hey dude, you do at least championship and prem with a patch and i think the proper cups..., the pc version is the same and the patches available are ridiculous.. i had one for 2010 and it made the game playable

Back
Top Bottom