PES 6 in Ultra HD?

ZeRoberta

Premiership
30 September 2009
I connected my PC to my Ultra HD TV an wanted to play PES 6 in 3840*2160 Resolution. But the biggest Resolution in the Settings was 2048*1536. Is this the upper Limit or is there a Tweak to bring the Game to the Ultra HD Resolution?

MfG ZeRoberta

As far as I know all PES games have some kind of upper limit.

pes5 is 1280x1024

I thought pes6 was 1920x?, but you seem to have managed to go higher. Did 2048*1536 appear in the resolution list in the settings.exe?

The highest I've managed to render pes2014 is 2560x1440.

Sorry I can't answer your question properly.

Edit: This might be due to intermittent widescreen support. 2048x1536 is obviously not widescreen, so it may be that downsampling from 3840*2880 with kitserver widescreen correction would work. I'll try some experiments and let you know.

Edit2: What kind of cable are you using to connect your PC to your TV? DVI? HDMI? VGA? These cables all have different bandwidths and so might affect the result. I can confirm that PES6 will render at 2048*1536 but I currently have my monitor connected via DVI which means I have a bandwidth limit of 3.96 Gbit/s which means I can't test resolutions higher than that. From what you've said, I think that higher 4:3 resolutions are possible, but widescreen may be limited to 1920*?.

Last edited:
I can set this 2048*1536 Resolution in the Settings.exe from PES6. I thought that I could pick the Resolutions that the Graphiccard Drivers offers me in Windows 7. Maybe this is the biggest Resolution the Game supports.

And yes, 2048*1536 is a 4:3 Ratio. With Kitserver installed it stretches to fit the 16:9 Screen. And it's working perfect.

I am using an HDMI Cable to connect the PC to my TV. The TV has HDMI 2.0 but my Gaphiccard has like all other Graphiccards availlable only HDMI 1.4 with Bandwidth of 10.2 Gbit. So normally i could play Games with 30 Frames. But Nvidia's latest Drivers supports playing Games in 3840*2160 with 60 Frames. They reduced the Bandwidth by Reducing the Colours from 4:4:4 to 4:2:0. On Desktop. You may see some Effects but while playing PES 6 i don't see a Difference between full and reduced Colours.

Maybe the only way to add some more Resolutions is to add them to Settings.exe. But i have no Clue how to do it.

Last edited:
Oh man, so easy... Just set the Resolution in Kitserver (kload.cfg) and it works.

AFAIK, setting the resolution in kload just stretches the image to that screen resolution, it doesn't actually render the game internally at that size so all you're seeing is a stretched image. Could you post a full resolution screenshot of the game?

Yes you are right. The Resolution in kload.cfg is an Information for the Monitor in which Resolution he has to show the Game. And the Resolution in the Settings tells the Graphiccard in which Resolution to Render the Game.

My Goal was to find a way to put my native TV Resolution to the Settings, but until now 2048*1536 is the highest Res i can get.

I saw that you have used Gedosato in PES 2014. I tried it in PES 6 but i couldn't get it to work properly. The Settings Screen looked stretched but the Game itself didn't show any Effect from Downsampling. Maybe i did something wrong...

Yes you are right. The Resolution in kload.cfg is an Information for the Monitor in which Resolution he has to show the Game. And the Resolution in the Settings tells the Graphiccard in which Resolution to Render the Game.

My Goal was to find a way to put my native TV Resolution to the Settings, but until now 2048*1536 is the highest Res i can get.

I saw that you have used Gedosato in PES 2014. I tried it in PES 6 but i couldn't get it to work properly. The Settings Screen looked stretched but the Game itself didn't show any Effect from Downsampling. Maybe i did something wrong...

Unfortunately gedosato only works with DirectX 9 games at the moment, although the author may update it to work with DX8 games in the future. If this happens then we may be able to render PES6 in super high resolutions (imagine 7680*4320 downsampled!).

So you did nothing wrong. I've tried gedosato myself with no success and 2048*1536 seems to be the current maximum.

Now that the new driver from Nvidia with DSR for older graphics card is available, anybody tried running PES6 in higher resolutions?

Didn't try the new Drivers with this DSR Feature because it's more Important for me to play Games with 60 hz @ 3840*2160. Nvidia reduced the Colour Depht in their 340.52 Drivers from 4:4:4 to 4:2:0 in order to get this high Resolution to work at 60 hz. With the newest Driver this Feature isn't implemented anymore and I can only get 30 hz on Ultra HD Resolution.

How to setup picture?
I connected PC through VGA cable on LCD TV (tv is full hd 1080p).
Picture is setup at 1920x1080 but picture is some kind blurry and too wide.
Any solution?

Back
Top Bottom