Football Manager 2012

I think you can't change the team names with the editor either, pretty sure they said it was locked down. Might be wrong tho.

Just checked my LNC file and the names aren't right in my game. Benfica are SLB and Porto are FCP.

Damn.

Alright well I'm gonna try the LNC file TSO just provided, hopefully there's no difference between demo and full version and by putting this in there, it should fix that and everything else?

Gonna try.

Any mega face packs out there yet then?

ps. It's annoying I can't remember what my password on SIgame forums is (Nor the original email that I had when I signed up there like 10 years ago and my account was like nearly 10 years old and lots of posts, etc.

First season with Arsenal and did well :DD

Signed Daniel De Rossi and Guiseppi Rossi and sold Chamack at the beginning of the season. Daniel has been a bit of a let down, but Guiseppi played 45 games and got 23 goals so not bad and a few important ones, including the winner against Norwich in the final game of the season to get 3rd in the league.

I won the League cup against Brighton and the FA Cup against Chelsea.

So the cup double is great, but I need to strengthen my squad, as I always struggle against the top teams.

I got humped in the Champions league by Porto 7-2 aggregate score! that was really dissapointing.

But all in all a good first season, first silverware with a cup double for Arsenal in 7years! can't be bad :DD

First season with Arsenal and did well :DD

Signed Daniel De Rossi and Guiseppi Rossi and sold Chamack at the beginning of the season. Daniel has been a bit of a let down, but Guiseppi played 45 games and got 23 goals so not bad and a few important ones, including the winner against Norwich in the final game of the season to get 3rd in the league.

I won the League cup against Brighton and the FA Cup against Chelsea.

So the cup double is great, but I need to strengthen my squad, as I always struggle against the top teams.

I got humped in the Champions league by Porto 7-2 aggregate score! that was really dissapointing.

But all in all a good first season, first silverware with a cup double for Arsenal in 7years! can't be bad :DD

What reputation did you start with?

Wow, very nice Bobster! Good work.

I finished my first season at Forest too, we really struggled after doing so well around January time, still managed to hold onto 6th place and then beat Burnley 5-2 on aggregate in the playoff semi final. Had to play Reading in the final, we lost 3-0 but didn't disgrace ourselves, just didn't create any real chances, and didn't take the half chances we made. Bit of a shame, but probably need the extra year to rebuild and bolster the squad.

Absolutely fuck all money to spend! So I've been clever with deals, opting to pay out more over monthly instalments than maybe you would if I could have paid in 1 lump sum to clubs. Also sold a few players to help with funds:

ScreenShot2011-10-25at201543.png

Just about to start the new season!

No, it means it automatically sets your past experience to match the rest of the managers in your starting division!

I put it as professional as I think it is highly unlikely that a Sunday league footballer without any previous managerial experience would get the job as Arsenal Manager....but that's just me :DD

I think Auto means the same thing Tim is saying.

Otherwise it would be none. But Sunday League footballer is really the equivalent of none in this game. It's not like that's saying much. We're all sunday league footballers.

When you choose automatic it chooses a level that is appropriate to that team's size and reputation, so if you're starting as Man Utd, it'll be like selecting International footballer and if you're selecting Crawley, it'll be like selecting Sunday league footballer.

At least that's always been my understanding of it. Maybe I'm wrong.

From the FM2011 Manual

"Select your level of experience. By default, the ‘Automatic’ choice is selected, meaning you are entering the football world with no prior experience. However, for whatever purposes you like, you can select that you have been a Professional or an International Footballer. This will increase your starting reputation and potentially allow you more leeway with the Board than an inexperienced manager in the short term, but long-term your reputation and standing in the game may come under pressure sooner than someone of lesser stature.
Please Note: Users will only be able to select 'Sunday League Footballer' as a 'Past Experience' if they have selected the lower tiers of the English Football League structure in their saved game."

Version 4.0 of that Mega Face Pack Cut out should be out soon for FM12!

Gerd, who you playing as? And did you see what I said about LOSC's board requirements/ambitious for the season? Strange.

I haven't really started a game yet Sina. I tried with Caen, but i had no transfer budget whatsoever. While i'm not one to play with Manchester City or Malaga, i do want to buy a couple of players...so i'm still experimenting and searching a good team (and league). It's strange, this is the best FM by far...I started a campaign with Rennes in the demo, i wonder if it's possible to continue this...

About Lille. Well, that is not so strange. I think it's very realistic since Lille lost Cabaye, Gervinho and Rami whih were all very important players for them (arguably these 3 players were more important than Eden Hazard last season...). On top of that Lille are playing CL and teams that participate only once in a while, always squander points in the home league in the matches before and after CL midweeks. Lastly i think the game also takes into account the fact that PSG went on a vending spree last summer...so all in all it seems pretty irrealistic especting Lille to renew their title. Lille's board is very sensible irl, so FM did a very good job.

PS: Sina, or somebody else: any suggestions for a good club to start with?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom