Football Manager 2012

Updated FM12 right up to September 2012, and then started a new game as Charlton in the Championship!
Played the first season and we finished 12th and got the Overachievers award :)). Happy with that. Bought a few new players for the new season and got rid of A LOT of the deadwood and now have a nice compact and manageable squad with a pretty low wage budget (100k/week).

Just after a few of your ideas/opinions - what settings do you use on the tactics for each thing, i.e. Passing Style, Closing Down, Tackling, Roaming, Creative Freedom, etc?

Well I'm still well into FM2012! Quite possibly because I can play it at work when we're quiet.

Created a 4-2-3-1 formation at Charlton and really liking it. The formation and my new found teamtalks are seeing us playing really well, not necessarily winning every game, but I don't mind that so much when we are playing well and creating chances. Wright-Phillips up front is just as useless in FM as he is in real life so I have got Lucas Piazon on loan from Chelsea, (they actually sent him to me as part of our clubs link!), and I have just managed to get Luke Moore on loan from Swansea. So I'm hoping that we are going to bang in lots of goals tonight!

:DD

Well we're currently on a 7 match unbeaten run and have only lost 3 games out of the last 18. Luke Moore has scored 3 goals in 5 appearances :)).

I'm also hooked. My game has all the updated transfers and teams.

Started with Perugia in Serie C1 and easily qualified. Now in Serie B. Had to play the 'play outs' but won and stayed in Serie B, now in my 3rd season and I'm in the playoff spot.

There is a book about FM addicted people:

For the first time ever, this was a game that didn't revolve around you. You revolved around the game. The game did not need you, the game did not care about you. If you failed, the game would get rid of you and carry on without looking back over its shoulder. And that's what made it so compelling. Even without real player names, it sucked me in and dealt a heavy blow to my GCSE prospects.

Haha, this is such a true statement..

Back
Top Bottom