Football Manager 2012

Well it's not really a possession game that I play, but we use the Control strategy and it's a 4-2-3-1 formation with a BWM and CM, two Wingers and an AM who is playmaker, and a Poacher up front. We don't dominate possession but usually finish in the high 50s I suppose.

Well this is it in my season. I probably shouldn't say anything. But I'm going for the treble. My last 3 matches are West Ham in the final of the FA Cup. PSG in the final of the Europa League. And Brighton in my last EPL match which will win me the league should I win. Crucial 3 game stretch I would say. Of course the matches are within 8 days.

Last edited:
Congrats, you'll be getting some nice money for the next transfer window.

I am working on that same treble as well. Not likely though.

That's pretty good for Fulham!

I just got knocked out of the Copa del Rey by Real Madrid on penalties, bit gutting as we were the better team. Qualified from our Champions League group and we have been drawn against Arsenal!

Real Madrid are 12 points clear at the top of the league but I am second. Only us and Barcelona managed to take a point off them so far. Barcelona are 3rd, 3 points behind us.

It's going pretty this season.

I got taken over in the middle of the season. Before I was getting more like $35 million. Oh well.

You're doing pretty well there. Gonna be hard to break that 2 team strangle hold there though.

Oh ok fair enough! We've nearly been taken over a few times but it's always fallen through. Oh actually a takeover was complete by some group but the day after they took charge they said to me there are no plans to inject any money into the club :((.

What skin do you guys use for FM? I'm thinking of trying a new one but not sure which.

That sucks about the injection of cash.

I use the original Dark Skin. Works for me.

Right now I'm trying to bolster my squad for the champions league. I have some awesome youth coming up but they are probably still too young to contribute much. They will get the odd run out though. Especially in the Carling Cup. I think I've bought all of them.

I was offered the Liverpool job with $130 million transfer kitty. I turned it down. Now I'm being offered the Real Madrid job with $448 million kitty. I think I will turn it down.

Last edited:
One thing I'm starting to see is that there may be too many world class free agents out there. I got Berbatov last year and this year there is Tevez, Ibra and Adebeyor available. They are all over 30 but still great players. I think Berbatov was the player of the year for me last year.

Just played the first leg of the Champions League tie against Arsenal...

Atlético 0-1 Arsenal

Bit unlucky there, a draw would've been a fair result, we just couldn't score. Still, at least the tie's not over yet.

Here we go.....

Rubbish. Arsenal scored after 2 mins, a wonder goal from fucking Chamakh of all people :ROLL:. In the 2nd half we get back into it with a nice goal, from the kick off they play one long ball and score :ROLL:.

Bullshit.

Last edited:
Don't really know what to do when this season is up. I feel I have taken Atletico as far as I can, it just seems impossible to break Barca/Real Madrid's dominance...

Take Marseille back to the top! I've just started a new game with Marseille and aim to build a sustainable system. I have a 5 season plan to win Ligue 1 at least 3 times and the CL at least once. Hopefully PSG won't dominate with their ££.

Wow, good luck with that!

After a good end to the season, which saw me make a swap to an English 4-4-2 formation, beat Barcelona & Real Madrid, we finished La Liga in 2nd place. And that was with Falcao and Adrian (both main strikers) being injured for the past few months. I've decided I'll stay another season, see if I ca keep improving bit by bit. Transfer budget for the new season is £21M :)).

I've just been sacked!!! :SHOCK:

ScreenShot2012-04-06at223630.png

I have now been appointed the new manager of.... Schalke :)).

They are struggling in the Bundesliga. My job is to stabilise them this season and then push on and make them a giant again.

I was offered the Stoke job, who are in the Championship I was shocked to learn! Delayed them for a week and then the Schalke job came up.

Title challengers I think. So maybe that's why. Still incredibly harsh though in November!

Things not going great at Schalke...

Back
Top Bottom