PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

I'll be happily gobsmacked it this represents anywhere near the actual game play graphics. I think Murphy was twisting his own words, his role is to get the hype train running after all. Legally speaking, if this is used in the game's menu screens or intro movie then it is 'in-game footage'. Does anyone really think marketers would not resort to this?

To me it looks like an intro video, if this represents the actual game then it'll be a gigantic leap forwards in visual terms over what's gone on before in PES. And all this using the same engine as before? With 2012 going backwards in graphical terms because the engine is being stretched to the limit, I'd be happily amazed if they could squeeze out cutting edge graphics out of it.

If it is in-game footage, and I'm completely wrong, then I think it'll be for a ramped up PC version, not console. I just can't see that having told everyone that the game will use the same engine from PES2008, 9, 10, 11 and 12, that the graphics will suddenly eclipse every other sports title out there. Yeah, I'm sceptical.

Plus, the other thing is that even if it was taken from in-game footage, it could be from a replay. In PES2012 the graphics in replays are actually very good, the resolution jumps up, you can see details like creases in material, sweat, veigns bulging from their necks etc. It's when you take it back to the actual gameplay cameras that the graphics suddenly plummet in quality.

Last edited:

I'll be happily gobsmacked it this represents anywhere near the actual game play graphics. I think Murphy was twisting his own words, his role is to get the hype train running after all. Legally speaking, if this is used in the game's menu screens or intro movie then it is 'in-game footage'. Does anyone really think marketers would not resort to this?

To me it looks like an intro video, if this represents the actual game then it'll be a gigantic leap forwards in visual terms over what's gone on before in PES. And all this using the same engine as before? With 2012 going backwards in graphical terms because the engine is being stretched to the limit, I'd be happily amazed if they could squeeze out cutting edge graphics out of it.

If it is in-game footage, and I'm completely wrong, then I think it'll be for a ramped up PC version, not console. I just can't see that having told everyone that the game will use the same engine from PES2008, 9, 10, 11 and 12, that the graphics will suddenly eclipse every other sports title out there. Yeah, I'm sceptical.

Plus, the other thing is that even if it was taken from in-game footage, it could be from a replay. In PES2012 the graphics in replays are actually very good, the resolution jumps up, you can see details like creases in material, sweat, veigns bulging from their necks etc. It's when you take it back to the actual gameplay cameras that the graphics suddenly plummet in quality.

So KONAMI just has to release this setting on PC.... :P

Lets all be mature here and not resort to that. I said it before, please do not insult fellow forums. If you've got problems with them then take it there.

On this video about C Ronaldo in-game model, i honestly think that there are 4 or 5 animations that are just mo-caps that may not be in the game during gameplay:

- The one that he jumps and trap the ball in the air (don't know if i a made that clear).

- The first touch right after the jump, when he starts sprinting with the ball under control

- The last touch to adjust the ball, the body movement for the sooting and the shooting movement it'self. These 3 movements are way too similar to the real C. Ronaldo moves and the transition between them is too good to be true.

The moves are the one at 0:29, the one at 0:33 and finally those at 0:49 to 0:53on the video below:

YouTube - pes-trailer1.wmv

Last edited:

we hope that
Pes6 is still the best game play

Originally Posted by MadbaLL View Post my only wish is they go back to the roots (pes5 said:
Actually yes. i consider hard with basic faults the´ve done.
basics which even worked fine for years till 2008(free controlling feeling of the players / nice&quick shoot animations / a very good ref "kazuki ito" /working advantage clausesine "pes3" were particulately missing in future titles when the "next gen. area "startet.

could cry, missing the times ,travelling to pes tournaments 2-3 times a month :/

On this video about C Ronaldo in-game model, i honestly think that there are 4 or 5 animations that are just mo-caps that may not be in the game during gameplay:

- The one that he jumps and trap the ball in the air (don't know if i a made that clear).

- The first touch right after the jump, when he starts sprinting with the ball under control

- The last touch to adjust the ball, the body movement for the sooting and the shooting movement it'self. These 3 movements are way too similar to the real C. Ronaldo moves and the transition between them is too good to be true.

The moves are the one at 0:29, the one at 0:33 and finally those at 0:49 to 0:53on the video below:

YouTube - pes-trailer1.wmv

I got the same feeling almost immediately when I watched the trailer for the first time, at least on the first two points. Hopefully we're completely wrong.

If that's in-game without any controller delay, then I'm actually pissed that Konami could do it NOW, after 5 crappy years.

Why do people want to go back to pes6? If you want es6p buy it for 99p and play it.

I want a modern day game. Not a game that was out in 2006.

The game is called pro Evolution not pro go backwards in time.

I got the same feeling almost immediately when I watched the trailer for the first time, at least on the first two points. Hopefully we're completely wrong.

If that's in-game without any controller delay, then I'm actually pissed that Konami could do it NOW, after 5 crappy years.

I particularly find it hard to believe how they will manage to put the first animation (the one that he jumps to trap the ball In the air) In a proper situation because it's a very specific circunstance. I think the ball physics need to have a High level of realism never seen begore to begin with, and that movement is In perfect harmony with the real one. But here's hope..... this has to do with the Dynamic First Touch feature, so maybe they will indeed put some very alike animations to that one in the trailer.

But i won't waste my time speculating what they can or can't do In the game. I'll just wait for the next video to see if the gap between the 2012 version and the 2013 can be that good. Based on what We have seen so far, it seems that Konami are really willing to invest a good money this year.

Why do people want to go back to pes6? If you want es6p buy it for 99p and play it.

I want a modern day game. Not a game that was out in 2006.

The game is called pro Evolution not pro go backwards in time.

I really dont understand how a lot of people still calls out pes6, the game was awesome.....back then
PES needs a game fresh and modern,. they dont need to be haunted every time with pes6.

I really dont understand how a lot of people still calls out pes6, the game was awesome.....back then
PES needs a game fresh and modern,. they dont need to be haunted every time with pes6.

My thoughts as well. If I could choose what PES game in the past Konami should take as an inspiration, it would be WE 9. We9 was brilliant in some fundamental football aspects, but for our days it has it's big restrictions. It was a classic game, but it's a game from the past.

We need a game that takes full avantage of technology we have today. We can't go back to a game that it's restricted to 8 direction, simplistic physics and a game in wich you can not go from close control to normal dribbling speed and sprint.

I'm not sure if a new engine is needed. PES2011 was a game i thoroughly liked.
PES2012 is a massive step backwards, this game is broken. I scarcely play it anymore, this year i prefer FIFA by far.

This. I totally feel the same way

Lol I hate this post announcement phaee.

1 area that needs work in pes since pes6 is the stupid formations that work especially 1v1. Counter attck with high pressure and with a 613 formation is still king. In pes2012 its almost exploitive. No matter how much you have the ball a quick throughball upfield and cross or cutback is ridiculously successful. I hope this is rectified for pes2013 and we get a viable stamina system for high pressure. R1 + x should drain your team by the 1st half imo

And the one-touch passing should definitely be toned down. Only players with high passing tech and accuracy should be able to pull it off successfully. This would heavily slow the game down.

Bring back medics coming on the pitch with a stretcher to carry players off properly, more cinematics :P

Wish they'd improve the sound too, the volume of stuff is too quiet imo, I have my volume on 100% and the music and everything is pretty quiet in comparison to other games I play...

Last edited:

I liked the management edit in PES2011.

Management_Edit_Level.png

I hope they'll bring it back in PES2013

Just dreaming Konami collab with 2kSports. It will be called PES 2k(14,15,..) Sounds good, Right? :P

I liked the management edit in PES2011.

Management_Edit_Level.png

I hope they'll bring it back in PES2013

I don't, you have much more control now with the 4-Presets than you ever had with PES 2011's offering. Now you incorporate formations with tactics, never previously realised on-the-fly. Also, having set tactics to kick in with certain scenarios isn't always relevant. It's like one cap fits all, and that isn't how you would want tactics. It has to be more specific. Like it is now.

Sure, but what if they add the tactic presets in management edit? You could have the standard presets like quick counter, long ball;... plus your own selfmade presets.
Also, now we have to save all 4 presets at once and you have only 3 saveslots. it would be cool if we could name and save our presets so they appear in some sort of dropdown list to choose from.
And I change my tactics when the situation (trailing, leading, level) changes, so basically there is no difference for me.
If you want tactics to be full manual, change it yourself during the match, like now
When tactics set to semi-automatic use management edit
When you want it all automatic use tactic assistance.

Last edited:

I didn't like PES 2011 time-based approach either, it's better like it is in PES 2012, it just needs more slots than just 4, they should be better be 10 or so.

And the presets for counter-attack and what not should be customisable and saveable...

Being able to instruct attacking movement and defensive responsibility would be a start considering it was present in PES3. :BORED:

arsenal+tactics.jpg

Miss that a lot btw. Very simple yet very effective.

Being able to instruct attacking movement and defensive responsibility would be a start considering it was present in PES3. :BORED:

arsenal+tactics.jpg

I can't believe your going there again Daniel... :CONFUSE:

But seriously, it's the classic debate. I understand the argument for the inclusion, but like I have said before, I prefer the new system that seeks to focus more an individuality.

In days gone by, you could set those arrows to ensure that players have a tactical gameplan on the field. Which I can appreciate, but I'd much prefer, when building a team, to aquire players based on their own traits. So rather having a CMF that will sit deep and then push on based on their 'Arrows', I'd prefer to buy a player with the 'Box to Box' card. Or, but a striker with the 'Track-Back' card. This way, it's all based on individuality which is the soul of football. A team is made up of 11 individual players, and built soley around what they bring to the table. The system these days promotes just that.

I know we've had the preview trailer and some details about what they are improving in PES13, but when does the bulkier news start to come out? Like what they're going to do in Football Life etc...?

I can't believe your going there again Daniel... :CONFUSE:

But seriously, it's the classic debate. I understand the argument for the inclusion, but like I have said before, I prefer the new system that seeks to focus more an individuality.

In days gone by, you could set those arrows to ensure that players have a tactical gameplan on the field. Which I can appreciate, but I'd much prefer, when building a team, to aquire players based on their own traits. So rather having a CMF that will sit deep and then push on based on their 'Arrows', I'd prefer to buy a player with the 'Box to Box' card. Or, but a striker with the 'Track-Back' card. This way, it's all based on individuality which is the soul of football. A team is made up of 11 individual players, and built soley around what they bring to the table. The system these days promotes just that.

A manager or coach is there to instruct his players what to do, regardless of their individual traits. I'd still rather have that option alongside what we have now, as well as a return to the old player marking settings such as covering.

If you want your players to play to their traits then that's fine, just leave the settings alone, but some of us would like to give individual instructions to the players. Therefore the case to reintroduce this old feature is totally valid in my opinion.

But that is completely at odds with your opinion on Team Styles and Team Training in ML, surely? You've just said you'd prefer to mould the team by selecting the individuals that suit that style of play, based on their intrinsic traits. How does that fit in with the collective stamping of 'PHYSICAL/SPEED' training and team styles that are implemented regardless of the personnel at your disposal?

The way I see it, in real life you can instruct a player what to do, whether or not he performs that role is another matter. I should be able to tell Riquelme to track back at every opportunity, even if that turns out to be fairly ineffective strategy. The arrows were excellent feature as it allowed you to sculpt the manner of your attacking play to your own tastes. You could decide whether you had players peeling in and cutting inside, or drift out and standing on the byline.

It also allowed you to shift the focus onto defensive awareness when you want to. Look at Bosingwa for instance. By definition he's very offensively minded, bombing forward at every opportunity. Did he do this against Barcelona? No, he sat back at every instance, as that is the gameplan Chelsea had set out.

I can understand those that prefer the arrow system to virtually MAKE someone do something defensively or aggressively, and I backed this fully wanting the old system of the old PES games.

However, on reflection now, I've changed my mind on the issue and am strongly in favour of the Jimmy way, that is to build a team analysing player traits both good and bad. I think this adds a layer to the game.

If you think logically about it, players may be shaped into a tactical framework over time, but their core attributes are in their DNA come what may. Take David Luiz for example, the lad just can't help himself driving forward which is great. But this should be player stats and cards influencing him. Another example you can't/shouldn't be able to 'just make' a player who's DNA dictates to him that he should play on the shoulder of defenders and be right on the fringes of offside all game long, to suddenly play like a world class SS, dropping off into midfield.

As Jim says, I can understand the clamour for it, but for me now it adds just more depth to the transfer windows that I can whittle down my search to specific traits and cards to fit into the team, instead of just buying any old body and sticking arrows on them.

Back
Top Bottom