PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I would be fascinated to see your data... seriously. Please post the results of your tests. Because others have tested this extensively and come to the opposite conclusion. Including - for what it's worth - people who work for Konami (who heard about this crap years ago and checked it out, just in case).

Look, I'm not trying to be snarky, but every year there are a couple of people trying to spread this stuff, and like it's a bloody plague. One game of PES is completely different to another, we all know that, right? Sometimes it's smooth as cream, other times you feel like you're playing on a swamp in a tornado. Same teams, same conditions, everything. It's all part of the "magic" of PES. Now, there are countless people here - as there are every year - telling you that what you're experiencing is just this kind of fluctuation in gameplay, and they've noticed no consistent problems with imported kits. None whatsoever. People like me, who are ancient, and have been playing PES games since the 1990s, and have heard this stuff year after year...

Well, a very small minority have "reported" this... and they've all been wrong. And what's more, lots of them have made completely nonsensical claims like "it defaults to a beta version" or "there are fewer animations" which just makes it clear that they have absolutely no idea what the hell they're talking about. I'm not exactly a top programmer, but I know enough about how computer games work to tell you right now, this stuff is garbage. It's not "a fact" at all.

What is POSSIBLE is that the game could become more sluggish and maybe slightly less responsive - nothing more than that - because of the strain of dealing with imported images, but this would only really make sense if the kits were a.) higher res than the in-game kits, or b.) in a different format. I'm pretty sure that b.) is not true, and I don't know about a.) (we've all noticed that imported kits look fuzzier in-game than native kits, and I dunno what's going on there). But the console loads the kits at the beginning of the game - I'm pretty sure it doesn't keep having to read them from the hard drive - so in theory even this shouldn't be a problem. And indeed, it doesn't seem to be a problem. For 99% of people.

If you want to play without the imported kits, and you're sure it makes a difference, that's cool. But most people disagree, so please don't go around insisting that this is a "fact" and acting like there must be something wrong with the rest of us.

It would probably also be nice if you didn't keep trying to hook more impressionable readers on this weird placebo, so they end up playing with crappy brown-and-orange striped Konami kits for the rest of their lives, telling themselves it's better this way. But I suppose that's their look-out. I'll stick with the nice kits, anyway, thanks.

Who, pray tell, from Konami, ever officially tested this that you know about? I'm not going to go toe to toe with you on this issue, I have been making the case for this for years, and whether you agree or not makes no difference to me.

I've lost my last trace of appreciation for the game this year, as I genuinely thought as the developer had differentiated the process of image importing from PS3, that it would be a fresh and error free path. Not the case, but I don't have the time anymore to continually fuss about it. Your insinuation that I'm seeking converts to the 'placebo' (a word I've grown to detest) cause is off the mark, because all I am doing is reporting an error in the game.

Imported kits and option files have always negatively impacted PES. If you say there's no difference, don't state it like a fact, it's still your OPINION. If you find there's no gameplay differenc, fine. I've had folks say they can't find the difference between FIFA and PES and tell which is which.

I'm playing with there real squad

Thanks. I think I'll start a new one with real squad. Im thinking about getting a brazilian team that has official stadium also.

As for the CONSPIRACY about kits effectng gameplay quality, I never noticed that, butnif theres one thing I am sure about is that the online gameplay is a DOWNGRADED version compared to offline, there are some animations missing and the physical side of the game, players collision is less realistc and dynamic, players dont use arms, the physical battle becomes almost as simples as pes 2015, its clearly adjust to make dispossession easier, to please casuals who have no idea how to defend and just pressure.

Not sure about he kit thing, but if many people are reporting it I reckon there may be something in it. Havent really noticed it, but hey, I haven't been really looking that hard into it, plus been using serie A teams which have default kits.

I do think the offline vs online theory is true. Makes sense, for things to be cut online to make sure things run smooth - even though they still don't. For me, like Jimi, Im an offline guy... even the slightest of stutter or lag annoys me. Offline is where its at.

I remember, pes 14 had the slowdown in the final 3rd during exhibition games (the patches kind of sorted this out though), hence I played mostly in the free training modes, 11 vs 11. Its amazing how at well the game flowed in this training mode.. and to be honest it was the first time I felt konami had finally broken into the new gen (ps3) with a really good game, with all the previous ones 2008-2013 just not doing it for me. Pes16 offline and full manual extends the feeling I got from pes2014 training mode. When I look at the replays, it kinda reminds me of all those pre rendered intros for pes3-6. Not quite at this animation level, but its getting close. Always wondered when a game would look as good at the intro players, animation and physics wise.

Its more likely for Michael Jordan to miss a free throw than it is for Cpu player to miss the goal inside the box. Its PATHETICALLY AMAZING!

Well done Konami, very well done! :ROLL:

So, I got my Japanese version, played it for a week or so and added kits onto it. Really love the game play and how the game feels. I didn't get any other version, so I can't compare if this game is different from the others, but I don't see anything different from videos apart from having the JFA License and a few more Japanese players.

Can't wait for the update to start my ML journey, am a little gutted that I can't have all the national teams with real kits if I did budesliga, EPL and Championship...but I can live with that. Most likely won't play against Thailand or Angola that often anywayz. But apart from that, I do really enjoy this game and there are some blunders and parts which make you pull your hair every so often with the keepers and strikers just not wanting to hit the target, but in real life players have off days too, so I think this is fine.

Am laughing at people who seem to feel that its a well-documented fact that kits affect gameplay. Maybe it can happen in the PC version if you use other software like kitserver which rely on coding from previous versions, but for the PS4 version which I play with, I see no such thing in many matches tested.

questions.

1) if i have turned off the stupid set piece guideline for good in system options, why does it always appear in the first set piece situation of a match given to me and i have to turn it off manually? wheres the logic in this shit?

2) why arent national team emblems editable? the national flags are so boring, i'd rather see the national football association emblems of each country

3) anyone find the acrobatics and trickery way too frequent and over the top? i have seen no name players acrobatically clearing the ball pretty much every single match. every player can back sideheel pass to a team mate with laser precision and speed from distance. crazy acrobatic volleys attempts at goal..pretty much every second match. totally kills the immersion...

What do you mean it doesn't matter? With no pass support you can't do a "laser precision" heel pass from distance. Not on a high difficulty level.

About the crazy acrobatics, I don't notice them too much. Not from the AI at least. After changing to manual shooting I do see my own players try some crazy kicks but they are usually hilariously off target. Doesn't bother me at all.

I feel that many here are asking "How do I fix this at that..." and don't actually expect or want an answer, but are simply looking for an opportunity to deride the game.

Try no pass support, try manual shooting, try top player/superstar level, if you already have those settings and find passing and scoring easy, I'm not sure you are telling the truth. If you are, you will have to move on to a different game to play.

Last edited:
So, I got my Japanese version, played it for a week or so and added kits onto it. Really love the game play and how the game feels. I didn't get any other version, so I can't compare if this game is different from the others, but I don't see anything different from videos apart from having the JFA License and a few more Japanese players.

Can't wait for the update to start my ML journey, am a little gutted that I can't have all the national teams with real kits if I did budesliga, EPL and Championship...but I can live with that. Most likely won't play against Thailand or Angola that often anywayz. But apart from that, I do really enjoy this game and there are some blunders and parts which make you pull your hair every so often with the keepers and strikers just not wanting to hit the target, but in real life players have off days too, so I think this is fine.

Am laughing at people who seem to feel that its a well-documented fact that kits affect gameplay. Maybe it can happen in the PC version if you use other software like kitserver which rely on coding from previous versions, but for the PS4 version which I play with, I see no such thing in many matches tested.

Well, regarding the EU version, I have made my point. You have the Japanese version. There is an outside, remote chance that this bug does not affect your version, but I doubt it really.

The way I see it, some people are just more sensitive to motion in terms of player animation and game flow. Millions of people buy FIFA, and that game is full of odd in-game quirks. From my standpoint, all I can say is that the game Konami shipped is quite brilliant this year, but when applying external images for in-game usage, it falls apart a bit. It's still decent, I suppose, in that state, it's just not as fluid, and it can end up becoming a 'throw-the-controller-across-the-room' situation if you don't curtail play after 4-5 games. The AI behaves differently as well, at least from my experience, as their attacks are very direct and linear, brainless in comparison to the 'vanilla' game.

There is a solution to your problem, edit the kits yourself without importing images, and then you'll have perfect gameplay...

it can slow the framerate down since the game reads high res picters tho maybe have input lag, but thats it. it shouldnt tho at this level but still could. i doubt it would tweak animations tho

What do you mean it doesn't matter? With no pass support you can't do a "laser precision" heel pass from distance. Not on a high difficulty level.

Because that's your THUMB that's inaccurate. The player is still performing a laser precision pass in the direction your thumb is pressing.

Yeah but don't think it'll affect how the AI attacks

It just messes with the code, and has a domino effect on different game areas, downgrading it to sort of a beta-like version. It's not unplayable that way, just very frustrating compared to how the game should be beneath the layer.

Id like you guy to do a test.

Play ML as Santos (brazilian league), top player, -1speed, manual passing and shooting.

Its very likely that yout first opponent team will be Sao Paulo in Brazilian cup.

I played like 5x at least and I lost all of them. I saved the game before going to that first match, so I didnt need to pass throughout previous screens like naming the coach, choosing time and etc.

I lost all the matchs and I have made up my mind that its written in the games code that you simply CANT win the first ML match (at least against Sao Paulo wich plays cheap, super high pressure, some ping pong passes, cheap, unavoidable goals etc)

Guys, I've been experiencing not smooth animations when the high resolution kits are applied as well. Haven't seen any effect on the gameplay or on the AI whatsoever. Maybe some eyes are more sensitive to this kind of stuff than others I don't know. But there's a difference in terms of smoothness, that's for sure.
Could be that the imported kits are not indexed(optimized). PES always liked indexed images.

Because that's your THUMB that's inaccurate. The player is still performing a laser precision pass in the direction your thumb is pressing.

Ok so if I was at a football pitch and tried to backheel the ball to a teammate and instead backheeled it into the stands, it was a laser perfect pass and just my heel was inaccurate? :D Nah, I'm just having a laugh.

The point is that you want the players to make less accurate passes, right? So you go to zero bars pass assistance and that is what will happen. I have not touched anything above zero pass assistance for years.

Also, zero pass assistance is not the same as fully manual passing (L2) I can absolutely tell a difference between those two, and between strong passers vs. weak. There is even almost a bug in manual passing when I press all the way on the pass button but the AI decides I want to pass to this dude 5 feet from me (who is in the same line) I suppose I could fix with this with a quick tap on R1 but I kind of feel that the game should know what I mean to do in this instance.

Last edited:
Having tried a number of things, finally I figured out (well, that was easy) that the top speed and explosive power are the two player values that makes the game too fast. Just reduced these two values for top premier league teams by just 10 each and the game plays like a dream, even with imported kits and emblems.

Back
Top Bottom