The Master League adventures thread

I play PES 2014 ML third year with Borussia Dortmund.
I play now second year as coach of the national team of Germany and all the games for this 2 years are friendly. no World or European tournaments (or qualifications). Why?

Last edited:
Since that default players Inter ML got really boring (I mean, I got uber players outta blue), I decided to pick a true Polish Champions - The Legia W. - and lead them to ultimate glory.

And see how Superstar/Extreme Masterleague goes in a longer run. Of course I'm using Phoenix 13/14 patch.

For the very long story of words and screenshots go to dem spoiler ;)

Season 1:

I've assigned Legia to a "Eastern Division" (Benelux + Germany + Russia + Ukraine) and started my road to many, many cups from good ol' second division.

I knew that in Phoenix Legia probably has a bunch of talented players, and after one season I can confirm player development in PES 6 is OP. From nothing I was given three great DMFs, one CB, three wingers and two attackers!

It will come into play later.

I had some problems, but eventually I surpassed Dinamo Kiev in 13th Fixture and claimed title on last game, and also grabbed D2 Cup from Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk after PKs. So far so good!

Legia_Campeon_D2_zps5f490ded.png

Season 2:

Initially I had some serious trouble and was roaming around relegation zone, but somehow recovered around 10th fixture and had a fabulous series of eight wins or so since then.

And it all went wrong again.

To be honest I was hoping for Phoenix to bash me, but AI was failing hard at grabbing points. I somehow regrouped and started winning again late in the season and made it all the way to 3rd place.

I wasn't terribly happy, as I wanted to see whether AI can stop me from usual grabbing the title right after promotion. While I indeed avoided early victory, I ended up on a podium anyway.

Young stars were really thriving and their stats growing, but explosion was about to happen in...

Legia2_zpsda2bf36c.png

Season 3:

My squad for this season was a bit tight. Most of starting Legia players were already out, with exception of the youngsters and a few guys I couldn't find replacements for. I signed some other talented Pollacks (Stępiński, Salamon, Krychowiak), signed Alispahić from free transfer and bought Matavz from PSV.

Third place is the worst. You get to play six games more since first fixture, so stamina becomes a real issue. I had some luck in drawing, my rivals were Catania, Udinese and Manchester City.

Overall City grabbed two points and a last place. Catania came close on third, and I grabbed first place after last game with Udinese.

While Bayer beaten me in D1 Cup first round soundly, I was on a rampage in Division One. Wild race between me and BVB ensued - I ended up leading by one point after first round with 34 points overall. No one could come even close to us.

In CL's Second Round I stumbled upon Barca, Inter and Schalke. The opening game against Barca proved who's gonna be leading the way - I massacred'em 5:0 at Camp Nou. Ended up with 18 points, lots of goals packed and hopes for snatching a CL title.

In winter I only traded my GK (D. Kuciak) for Handanović from Inter. Why did they agree, it is beyond me until this day.

And then, after rolling over my CL group things suddenly went downhill. Lost my league leadership around 20th Fixture, and then, surprisingly, got eliminated from CL by Liverpool in Quarterfinals (2-2, 0-1).

Something broke, I really couldn't get it to work, I somehow lost it...the advantage between me, BVB and the rest was too big so I ended on second place anyway, with about ten points behind BVB.

Sadly I forgot to take screenshot of that one. Borussia grabbed league title and Barcelona (which I've beated hard in group phase) defeated Bayern 1-0 in CL Final.

Season 4:

"No more messing around!", I thought and decided to put my budget to a good use.

In the end I guess that my bench was too short. Being forced to play in constant rotation and not having quality replacements was killing me.

So I decided to acquire some quality guys. First of all I brought back Szczęsny from Arsenal, since they were doing bad and I had a chance to get him. Then I finally managed to snatch Lazar Marković, and I tried buying him every transfer window. Quality Serbian soon-to-be-superstar to have some firepower on the bench.

Alexander Tonev from Aston Villa as all-around midfielder, and Jamaican defender called L. Valentine, who is he - I have no idea, does anyone? Maybe generic PES player? Either way, he's 19, has some good starting stats and good development curve, so I got him.

This season I tried my hardest to win everything and finally secure Legia's place under the sun. This time Schalke replaced BVB in league and again, we were racing hard for that first place. Again, it ended with my lead and one point between us after 15 games.

In Champions League there were no surprises. I met Barca (again), Man United and Porto. Beaten'em all, drawn with United once, and with sixteen points advanced into CL QFs. In D1 Cup I eliminated Dinamo Kiev, Hoffenfeim and went to semis.

During winter transfer window I bought V. Kadlec, Czech attacker tank from Eintracht Frankfurt. Always keep yo' guns lock'n'loaded. Matavz wasn't doing so well this season and I needed one more attacker anyway.

Finally league resumed and this time I was not the one to give up. Regrettably, Schalke started losing its breath around 20th fixture (same as me last year) and my advantage was slowly growing. In CL QFs I drawn Real Madrid, and oh boy...first game in my turf I won 2-0. In rematch Real got two goals quickly and I barely held onto that result well until PKs, which I've won comfortably 3-1.

Now fun part comes into play. In D1 Cup semifinal I go against Borussia. In Champions League semifinal I go against...Borussia too.

While I was extending my lead over Schalke in league, four bloody games with BVB started. In League Cup I barely made it (2-2, 1-0), in CL it was far, far easier (3-0, 1-0).

On Week 30, after defeating Dinamo Kiev I finally claimed league title with 13 points over Schalke and 4 games left.

On Week 31 I faced Ajax Amsterdam in D1 Cup Final. I was losing hard until 72nd minute, but then turned things around and won 2-1.

LeagueCup_zps034f5099.png

On Week 33, finally, Champions League Final! I really wanted to face Barcelona to finally prove my superiority over it, but they got eliminated by...Tottenham (who were British champions in Season 3). Legia and Tottenham clased on Millenium Stadium in Cardiff and after 70 minutes of rather dull match I scored somehow and won Champions League.

CL_Standings_zps9c68ef6f.png

LE_Standings_zps4a4aaafd.png

And that was it - all three trophies I hath claimed. After three more games the season was over. In last matches of the season Schalke lost its second place even to...Borussia, which made a dramatic comeback from middle of the table.

League_Standing_zpsba68a80b.png

I am not sure whether I'll play another season - the world is mine anyway...on the other hand, I could play a season or two more, to acquire some more players, get to first place in Club Ranking (currently only 7th) and...just win some more cups.

I like me some cups ;)

Line-Up:
Legiateam1_zpsd3548bdc.png

Substitutes (thou I rotate my squad a lot):
Legiateam2_zps52142384.png

If I was to continue this game, who do you think I could get? As you can see from my squad and guys I've bought so far I prefer to buy players of Slavic origin (I like to "theme" my teams like that), but it's not mandatory (see Valentine).

Alternatively I could sell a star or two and fill their place with some new guys with potential.

And as a fun fact, this year's champions in other leagues. Iberia - Real Madrid, Britain - Liverpool, Italy/Eastern Med. - ...Catania Calcio xD

Okay, that's my Legia W. Master League story for today. Hope you enjoyed :OOOH:

Last edited:
So no pc players do master league yet ?
Anyway, i just started with norwich city and be able to loan herrera from MU.. :SMUG: Haven't tried other good player to see if transfer is easy though. I am hoping a balanced and surprising system down the road.

Even without injuries?

I believe people miss injuries, but at the same time its not gamebreaking because its fun having the team always available for the next match. Anyway, gameplay kinda overcomes the bad/missing features. Injuries exist, only in very rare situations.

Who does the Leicester GK has the same name as the one who used to be in goal for Man Utd ?
Who does an attacker who played for Barcelona, Man Utd and Alaves has the same name as the best ever Dutch football player.

I don't like it either, but it happend irl too, Albeit not that much.

Who does the Leicester GK has the same name as the one who used to be in goal for Man Utd ?
Who does an attacker who played for Barcelona, Man Utd and Alaves has the same name as the best ever Dutch football player.

I don't like it either, but it happend irl too, Albeit not that much.

I got a young Arteta who have the same face of the old Arteta back in Everton. Name is exactly same as well as position.

Why does the youth players have the same name as the retired players?
Regenerated, they will go on to be good players too ;)
Personally i think the regens should come back with random stats and a one in 50 chance of being the great player they were, on the flip side to that crap players could come back to be gods.
I hate them generating the way they do now.
Try not to buy the regens until i have a great squad either way.

I like that regen-behaviour. Yes, mostly there is no challenge in getting hot prospects because most of the time they become better themselves, but I prefer original players with generated stats from totally random guys.

The idea with the 'hot-or-not'-ratio sounds interesting, mydumpstinks. Perhaps Konami is doing something similiar in the next games?

On my second season with Leeds, I was surprised to find a bunch of 16 year olds with 66 to 70+ stats like Demichelis, Forlan, etc. I signed Forlan. They're too good and cheap to pass up especially managing a small team.

I haven't found a gem in the youth team like in pes13 where you get informed there's a promising player.

The second season is much better growth wise. Had around 4 players now that got a boost. Last season I only got 1 and a handful of players that got 1 point increase.

I worry about this erratic growth pattern for my GK though. Played a whole season consistently and just 1 point increase.

Boys, you know when you started ML, you have to put Manager Name & Manager Appearance.

For this Manager Appearance, is the purpose is solely for the photo picture or will there be a cut scene during the season to show the illustrated character (as a whole person), just like how the manager walks into the stadium at the start of ML and in-game text shown "Manager Bla Bla Bla has joined Something F.C." ?

I mean if it's purely for photo picture, i would probably just do this.

The reason I ask, if I do the above, if there is ever going to be a cut scene of the manager, the face will look generic :FAIL:

No the only place you'll see the manager is in the start of the career. No more animation like in PES13. You can do it like that. I have tried renaming and overwriting it but from my previously created face from the very first ML I played in 15 so I don't have to redo it every new patch and new ML.

No the only place you'll see the manager is in the start of the career. No more animation like in PES13. You can do it like that. I have tried renaming and overwriting it but from my previously created face from the very first ML I played in 15 so I don't have to redo it every new patch and new ML.

Thanks.

So, what I noticed is correct then.

This manager does not even appear on the court side.

That is unfortunate ....

Because from what I remember (not sure if it was from PES 13), when you instruct to do all out attack, the manager on the court side will perform some sort hand gesture movement, orchestrating his team to attack and vice versa on defence.

No more of this, hey?

Quick question: is there any guidelines on the best picture size (and file type too, jpeg, png?) for this manager profile pic? so that it doesn't get pixelated etc

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the picture size. The patchmakers who adds real faces pic will know the answer try asking them.

ML is crashing for me in the second game in the second season. Is that a common problem? I wanted to share my ML story but it's no point now when I can't proceed :(

Erm...nobody posting, since I don't wanna spam Firebird thread too much guess I will share my recent ML with ya.

Game: PES 6
Patch: Firebird
Match Difficulty: Top Player (don't believe in Superstar)
ML Difficulty: Very Hard
Team: Deportivo la Coruna

I've started this ML around three months ago. PES 2015 broke me for good, and Firebird patch was released. I've given up on conami's newest shite and returned to my roots. My last ML was Malaga on Phoenix 13/14 in same Italian-Spanish-Portuguese divison, but since I really enjoyed that setting I decided to give it a go again.

At this moment I am at the start of fourth season, Season 2017. First season was in D2, I got promoted no problem but couldn't get past D2 Cup semifinal. Promotion to D1 required some quality signings. I got three titans. Neto the Integralist, Halilović the Main Battle Tank and Lord Saviour Juanmi de Santamaria Exterminator of Unbelievers. I also got Kagawa but he was...well, he still needs to earn himself a title like that :D

In addition with two talented CBs from Depor (Lopez and Insua) and two deathwingers Cavaleiro and Cuenca my classical 3-5-2 setting worked well. I was real rusty, and since Firebird pushed diffculty that one bit further yet again, Season 2 was an epic struggle. For a long time I was threatening Real and Barca, but second part of my campaign was unimpressive. Got knocked out in D1 Cup quarterfinal. My little diamond Borja Baston was failing super hard and couldn't secure spot next to Juanmi, since old Oriol Riera was way better. Isaac Cuenca was still far behind Crazy Rider Ivan. All my CMFs and DMFs were really bland, and one Halilović is simply not enough! Regardless, on the final fixture I've beaten Juventus by a landslide and secured 6th place, which meant Depor might return to a Champions League after long years of irrelevancy.

Summer was uneventful. Biggest signing was James Rodriguez (from free transfer, AI pls), but he really wasn't that good. Cristian Zapata was more of a backup than anything else. I failed to bring a valuable DMF or another GK to compete for the spot with Neto. With pile of monies and sligthly stronger team I went on to face horror of playing about thirty games during first round of new season.

And despite that, El Depor stepped its game up. Borja Baston, the Imperial Bombardier started shining bright like a diamond and barraging goalkeepers with shots of an unholy power. Lord Juanmi despite being really short and not-physical attacker would challenge everyone and often win physical battles against much stronger defenders. Entirety of El Depor was shining bright, rampaging across all competitions. First round ended with me being two points behind Real, three goal advantage over Milan in D1Cup QF and safe place in Champions League knockout stage.

Transfer window, seemingly awesome, was my failure. I failed to get more quality wingers, still relying on Crazy Ivan and Cuenca. Borja Baston suddenly became best league striker and Honourable Riera wasn't good enough to replace him, same as Portuguese attacker Oliveira. On the bright side I finally got quality DMF, William Carvalho the Stronghold and Tiago Ilori to back up my defence.

But alas, lack of valuable replacements in offensive formations costed me a lot :( Dunno what it is about Firebird ML, but you get A LOT of small injuries across entire season. You need to rotate your team constantly. When finally Crazy Ivan got knocked out for eleven weeks just before my CL QF game with Zenit, pressure got to high. Lucas or even James were simply not good enough. Add a bit of bad luck to that (Fayzulin smashing Neto with a longshot from 30 meters) and after 0:1 in Spain and 1:1 in Russia I had to kiss Champions League goodbye.

But league and D1 Cup campaign continued. In the former I've dropped as far as 5th place at times, suffering from not having my top eleven ready every week. D1 Cup was different, in semifinal I demolished Benfica and got to meet Barcelona in the final. My league clashes with Real and Barca were harsh. I couldn't win even once. Real got me twice (0:1, 0:1), with Barca it was a draw and 0:1 loss yet again. Other than that, my toughest rival was...Porto, suprisingly strong this season. Also one point in two league games, what a shame.

Luckily, last part of the season saw El Depor regain their sharpness yet again. D1 Cup Final ended with Lord Juanmi and Borja Baston slaying Catalonian Hydra (2:0) and again, 30th Fixture win against Napoli (3:1) combined with Barca and Porto's draws meant Depor returned on second place, point ahead of mentioned two. Real won title five or six games before season ended. On top of that they smashed Bayern 3:1 in CL Final.

Summer transfers were slightly disappointing again, but acquisition of Alex Moreno, Jose Maria Callejon or Wieser (he's from bloody Liechtenstein!!!!!!!) should not be overlooked. Exactly the kind of quality needed on the bench to replace the starters when injuries and fatigue will kick in.

So...that's my Depor story. I like writing, yes. If you have made it until the end, congratz!

And here are the screenshots, in dem spoiler:

vIEs8mW.png

jC3e56h.png

YgFLnrJ.png

And a small request to end this...could more people post about their ML adventures here? I would hope to especially see some classic PES 5/6 Master Leagues. I imagine 2016 will have its own thread again, and even them, I am entirely not thrilled about it. But I've shared my opinion about it a few times, no need to repeat it yet again.

There ye go.

Ha Anjin, you read my mind when i replied to your post in firebird thread. I thought i would get in trouble for off topic discussion.

I enjoyed your looooooong post so i will give myself a pat on the back.

I am planning to start a new ML once i have finished my new option file for PES5. I will post here :)

Ah, it's not really the way I do it. I usually mix leagues in a geographical order. There's only 72 slots in ML and I have no intention on wasting them on weaklings. Despite my deep hatred, giants are great rivals in Master League. Currently in El Depor game I absolutely can't stop Real (nobody can) and first time I won with Barca was actually in D1 Cup Final. Besides, when you get to play in one league with Real, Barcelona, Atletico, Valencia, Juventus, Milan, Napoli, Roma, Porto and few others you are guaranteed to have thrilling games every week.

But mixes need to make sense to satisfy my inner ordnung. Spanish team in Northern Europe couldn't work. It's always Spain/Portugal/Italy, England separate with Celtic (enough good teams), this time for a change I had Germany/France/Netherlands and Soviet League (former USSR + its European colonies).

If that wasn't bothering me I'd already play as Razgrad or BATE in Premier League, but alas, inner ordnung is something I cannot ignore :(

Is it? :D I always felt ML is beautiful way to write your own football story, forge your own legendary team. It allows us to achieve something we can't do in real life, I guess that's the entire purpose of gaming after all.

Amazing how PES 5&6 ML smashes new ML into the ground. It's so shallow, no injuries, no stamina, stats are meaningless, everything depends on emotional handicaps and shit. Had to mention it, my heart as a PES player is still bleeding.

Next year it will be ten years of Master League for me, I guess I'd love to make my own PES 6 All-Star team of the decade. So many great players, most of them entirely unexpected. Wonder if I could even pick only eleven of them, hah.

Regardless, ML is even better when you can share your team and stories with other people who play the game. Wish we had more people posting in ML Adventures thread, maybe we could have thread dedicated to PES 5 & 6 MLs somwhere here? Would be great to have small ML Fanclub type thing :D

I managed to quote your post from the Firebird Thread.

I normally make up my own team, usually called Canvey Eagles with 'new' default ML players and start off in Div 2. Div 1 has top 16 EPL clubs based on final standings from last year and Div 2 has next 7 clubs including Championship teams.

Then I combine France/Germany, Italy/Spain, Netherlands/Others, the top 8 from each league.

The only problem with PES5 ML is that there are not many teams that want to buy my players and they buy regenerated players a lot. If I'm honest back in the day I didn't even notice it. It is only since I started recently reading old forums that I noticed the issue.

My favourite ML was when PES5 first came out and I had this striker called Bsorak who was absolutely awesome. I made him captain. He scored so many fantastic goals, a Shearer type of player. I remember being devastated when he got injured and missed half a season. As he got older he was more of a bit part player but still came off the bench to score important cup goals. It was so difficult to leave him out but it was such a good feeling when he came on in the second half of games and would boost the whole team :)

My brother played it too and I remember when he kept going on about his best player that he bought, someone called Nasri..... that was before Arsenal bought him. It's moments like that that stick with me ;)

@geeeeee

Hey, I used to play PES5 on PS2 back in time too, for about a year (2006-2007?). It was my first PES I could play on my own at last, having no PC and all. PES 6 was already out and I played it with my friend at his place, but 5 is all I had for myself. Gotta say, back then I barely felt any difference between 5 and 6.

I started ML on PS2 only once, with edit-made team from my city, filled with other Polish players to make it a bit easier since I was a complete noobstein. Barely got promoted on Regular(***) difficulty :APPLAUD:. I would struggle for years to get into international competitions. I also started discovering new players...bought that talented CMF from Barcelona, guess he was called Iniesta, and that quality young winger, was it Cristiano Ronaldo? :D Except of that I made one of young attackers from my starting team into absolute prodigy of football. It was an era of me being a stats-bitch, I would pass to him every single time. About ten seasons later, he would finally ascend to become top scorer of all times with something like 240 goals. I was playing A LOT.

Funny since my best classmate was playing PES too, he was starting with new team every week, playing for a season or two and changing his mind, while I kept going with one team for entire year :D

My favourite ML was when PES5 first came out and I had this striker called Bsorak who was absolutely awesome. I made him captain. He scored so many fantastic goals, a Shearer type of player. I remember being devastated when he got injured and missed half a season. As he got older he was more of a bit part player but still came off the bench to score important cup goals. It was so difficult to leave him out but it was such a good feeling when he came on in the second half of games and would boost the whole team :)

Ahaha, injuries :( That's what happened to my super-Kießling in PES 6 Bayer game. First he got injury for two months during third season, then for two months twice the next season, on fifth he played like ten games maybe, any foul meant instant knockout :( Eventually I replaced him with Cavani, but haven't played that ML afterwards.

But unexpected legends, like Bsorak, are absolutely the best. While I agree development system in PES5/6 is flat out broken (way too easy for player to grow), it just makes for so many new football stars, not only in player's team. In my Deportivo game Real bought two guys, one's called Timo Werner, other's Stendera, I have no idea who they are, some randoms from Bundesliga I reckon but their stats exploded. Some people might not like it, but since I care not for cr7s, messys and other kinds of footy celebs (ugh) I always love seeing random people replacing them. And list of my own legends, ohmy it would be soo long.

And to end up, transfers: I always feel AI is keen on buying your players early on. I feel like there's pattern along which they're building their teams. Later on when it's done, nobody really bothers with buying random people. Although I often receive one or two offer for my top players. This summer Shakhtar and Barcelona(haha) tried to get Cuenca from me. I need to try high transfer frequency next time and compare. Don't mind crazy results at all.

Ye :D

Last edited:
In my Deportivo game Real bought two guys, one's called Timo Werner, other's Stendera, I have no idea who they are, some randoms from Bundesliga I reckon but their stats exploded.

They're both one of the best talents in the Bundesliga. Not really randoms ;). I hope PES 2016's ML will be good so there will be more awesome storys.

They're both one of the best talents in the Bundesliga. Not really randoms ;).

Ay, this might be very well true. Gotta pardon me coz imma not watchin dem eurofootball for 5+ years. No idea what's going on :) Really got bored with it.

Back
Top Bottom