Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Getaway 1 and 2 were both shite, Killzone wasn't much to write home about either.

Hopefully the next gen versions of both games will be better.

I dont think getaway was shite, it was quite realistic and GFX of London were good aswell. Killzone was shit, alot of slowdown.

Xbox talks trash:

"Well, son. You had to be there. The day was Monday 16th May 2005. The time 7.49pm. The place, The Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, California. Appropriate, looking back...."

Just hours after Sony's disappeared into the stratosphere with its comparatively sober and understated PS3 presentation a few miles down the road, Microsoft delivered possibly the most unintentionally amusing launch event since Nokia's shell shockingly appalling N-Gage launch two E3s ago.
Advertisement

It started off fairly ominously when Robbie Bach uttered this cast iron classic:

"Working together we will turn thought leadership into market leadership."

If it were any more Orwellian I might have legged it there and then, but it was like witnessing a multi car pile up. You couldn't take your eyes off the spectacle.

Next up we had the well meaning but nevertheless slightly sinister thought police utterance of:

"We will revolutionise the way people think about having fun."

"It's a platform that no other company in this industry can even try to match."
"It is our goal to reach one billion consumers."
"Think about the most absorbing experiences in your life.

"Like many people in the audience this evening I am a runner.

"There's that place that you can sometimes reach on a long run where you achieve a kind of perfect mind body equilibrium. It's been called the Zen of running.

"[In] the HD era we're going to deliver the Zen of gaming.

"Next generation games will provide unprecedented audio and visual experiences to create worlds that are beyond real and they will deliver storylines and gameplay so compelling that it will feel like living a lucid dream.

"The result is a state that you achieve a perfect mind-body equilibrium in the digital surroundings that you become completely immersed in the game itself.

"This controller becomes an extension of your body, it becomes the gateway to the Zen of gaming."

you missed when the first bloke said "we have the most powerful home entertainment system on the planet" then he proceded to say the same line again later on.
whoops a daisy.
Also saying 1 billion consumers just made MS look silly.
I agree though the xbox 360 conference was terrible.
Like what the f*ck was that group of people sitting behind the stage. It looked like MS had phoned up a model agency and said 50 stupid models please.
We need them to sit, smile and cheer and clap at every pause. Thanks.

Like someone said earlier its very strange to see MS make such a mess of PR ing as bad as this.

Milanista said:
Sony has the Getaway as an exclusive, Killzone too.

I don't think Getaway and Killzone come anywhere near Halo, if were talkin exclusives. The only thing Sony has in that stratosphere -- quality and sales-wise -- is Grand Theft Auto, which of course is not exclusive to the console.

New Getaway's London looks awesome on PS3, but the gameplay of that series has specialized in disappointing to date.

If your talking the best exclusives though, it depends on what genre you like.
If you like FPS you have halo on xbox.
On the other hand if you like driving games then you have Gran Turismo
which IMO no other driving game can get anywhere near it.
If you like both genres then its gona cost you lots of money :)

I like both genres so its time to start doing overtime .. oh and sell a kidney so I can get a hdtv as well :))

peat said:
If your talking the best exclusives though, it depends on what genre you like.
If you like FPS you have halo on xbox.
On the other hand if you like driving games then you have Gran Turismo
which IMO no other driving game can get anywhere near it.
If you like both genres then its gona cost you lots of money :)

I like both genres so its time to start doing overtime .. oh and sell a kidney so I can get a hdtv as well :))

You could further qualify that by saying "it depends what type of driving games you like."

For me, Burnout 3 and Rallisport 2, not to mention PGR, Midnight Club 3, or Forza more than make up for the absensce of GT on Xbox (I have both consoles just haven't had the need to buy GT). All those titles are quality.

Anyway, a lot of us are gonna be spending a lot of dough to trick out our next gen consoles/game libraries over the next year.

20050413l.jpg

Gotta love these guys

ahaha, nice CWright!
Anyway one question, is the X360 worldwide release at november or we europeans will have to month a few months to get our hands on the x360?
the same for PS3?

awesome pic of halo. I'm sure it's ingame. :applause:

FIFA will suck as always... after 10 years they haven't learned yet how to make a decent footie game, so i doubt they'll start now!

How comes in all the new games anything further than 12 yards is out of focus?

It really is begginning to p!55 me off

Revan,
in that boring 360 conference they mentioned that the 360 will be getting a worldwide (well jap, yanks, europe) release in one go. All at the end of the year.
So at least MS wont sh4ft us like Sony like to do.

ReActor said:
E3 2005: Perfect Dark Zero: First Impressions

Forget every screenshot you've seen. We've seen Rare's shooter in motion, and it's gorgeous. First impressions.

it's ugly for me, x-box 360 possible better game than this shit (i speak about the GFX)

ThomasGOAL said:
it's ugly for me, x-box 360 possible better game than this shit (i speak about the GFX)

I'm sorry but you don't READ! You have NOT seen this game in its current state, nobody outside of the gaming press has! Which is why the IGN article says "Forget every screen you have seen"!!

ReActor said:
I'm sorry but you don't READ! You have NOT seen this game in its current state, nobody outside of the gaming press has! Which is why the IGN article says "Forget every screen you have seen"!!

Ok, sorry, my English is not perfect :)

peat said:
Revan,
in that boring 360 conference they mentioned that the 360 will be getting a worldwide (well jap, yanks, europe) release in one go. All at the end of the year.
So at least MS wont sh4ft us like Sony like to do.

Yah... it's one of the things I hate the most! expecially europeans like me, since anything released in Japan, europe is always the last to get! either games or hardware!
I wish Sony decides for a worldwide release 2!

Revan said:
Yah... it's one of the things I hate the most! expecially europeans like me, since anything released in Japan, europe is always the last to get! either games or hardware!
I wish Sony decides for a worldwide release 2!

That's probably not gonna happen because Sony usually has trouble meeting demand in one region at new product launch, let alone on a worldwide basis in one shot.

There is a plus point to staggered releases though.
They release first in Japan and the Japanese can find all the bugs and report them
so by the time us in Europe get the machines all the bugs are sorted :)

Yah, It probably gonna be a 6 moth difference between the japanese release and the european release!

They have trouble cause those japs are crazy bout games and even camp outside the store just to be the first ones to get the new hardware. They never leave anything for the poor! (like me) :cry:

peat said:
There is a plus point to staggered releases though.
They release first in Japan and the Japanese can find all the bugs and report them
so by the time us in Europe get the machines all the bugs are sorted :)

plus the price will drop then, because when it first come out in japan the prices are crazy

You gotta remember that the PS3 will come out when the Xbox 360 is already out - this would probably mean Sony will enter with a good competetive price right away.

Milanista said:
You gotta remember that the PS3 will come out when the Xbox 360 is already out - this would probably mean Sony will enter with a good competetive price right away.

my friend said that when its first out in japan its really expensive but when it gets the stuff from china like parts and etc and get worldwide it gets much cheaper then when its mainly on japan, we'll see..

Back
Top Bottom