Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

ReActor said:
LOL are you for real? Next gen graphics are not just about realism, I would be mighty pissed off if every game I play looks like real life, that is why I play games, to get away from reality. If the next TW game looks like that screen then I will be happy.

The trouble with most people is you have no idea what your expectations are, and whether they are realistic at all. I'm just keeping an open mind and looking forward to whatever comes along.

What the hell are you talking about? Lol
Who said anything about to be real or not to be real? Where did you come up with that idea? Lol

I just pointed out a fact. If that's FMV the jump from current generation is very little, but as I believe the jump is great, i'm almost sure it's in game!

Some more shots. Don't know if they are in game but I thought I would post them anyway.

Gears of War
01.jpg

Call of Duty 2
02.jpg

Kameo
04.jpg

Project Gotham Racing 3
05.jpg

To be honest call of duty looks like a PC game, so does kameo. So far only Ghost Recon and PGR have really impressed me. The other games seem to look like games you can find now.

I think they all look nice to be honest. I like the visual style of Kameo, it looked great last year when at E3 so it can only be better on next-gen hardware.

I have a sneaky feeling that it won't be backwards compatible, the simple reason is the chipset is so radically different. I don't think MS have managed to strike a deal with NVidia to allow them to use the software rendering which would allow backwards compatibility. I think this will be confirmed tonight at the MS press conference.

They all look great, but COD2 looks like an improved CS:source! Of course a very improved one! :P
But the first and last ones caught my eye!

Reactor,
I read on the internuts the other day that MS had sent a letter out to registered yanky halo2 players talking about Halo2 players playing on xbox360 will still be able to play against halo2 players playing on xbox.
Now that either means ms are going to bring out a halo2 specifically for the 360 or there will be backwards compatibility.
I am guessing that the former is not on the cards as MS have already said Halo3 will be coming out on the ps3 launch day.

On the other hand I have also read that MS have said they are toiling to get backwards compatibility working. Which means if that rumour is true then it isnt working yet and the first rumour i read is cr4p! heh

imo that NBA game isnt anything special and can even be an Xbox game.... even with the airbrushing/rendering. PGR looks pretty good

PGR 3 one definitely looks like an intro rather than gameplay, just from the way it's presented.

ClassicD said:
PGR 3 one definitely looks like an intro rather than gameplay, just from the way it's presented.

Agreed but its all about the hype hype hype HYPE! :D

Honestly reading around various websites today has been shocking. I can't believe some of the comments being made by professional journalists, as well as regular punters. It is phenomenal what a few demos, or lack of demos, does to someone's opinion.

SilverSpider said:
I am not overly impressed with what we have seen of the Graphics so far, I really think they need to pushing the Machine a lot further than what we are seeing in the Launch Games Screenshots ......

I want to see MORE of this ..............

up12.jpg

And I want to see LESS of this .............

gr3_screen001.jpg

So get Cracking you Lazy arsed Developers :mryellow:
Why, the 1st one looks like a FMV.

Graphics wise the ps3 has blown the 360 out the water but one thing thats sounding good to me on the 360 is spectator mode. Im sad enough I would watch other people playing pro evo on xbox 360 live :)

peat said:
Graphics wise the ps3 has blown the 360 out the water but one thing thats sounding good to me on the 360 is spectator mode. Im sad enough I would watch other people playing pro evo on xbox 360 live :)

Yes I agree partly, but nothing on the PS3 is actual game footage! Now whether the 360 footage is final (I doubt it), but MS were brave to show in-game stuff so early. The focus has totally shifted to Sony, they better be able to deliver what people are expecting.

the unreal engine 3 thing was definately in game as the bloke was moving about in it in realtime.
you cant do that in a pre-render.

anyways how much does a hdtv flat panel b4stard cost!! :)

The unreal engine 3 was in game.
The dudes on gamespy watched the game first on a PC.
they said that the pc was struggling to play the game but that on the ps3 it was running smooth!
Killzone, we see gameplay... what more proof there can be?

Revan said:
The unreal engine 3 was in game.
The dudes on gamespy watched the game first on a PC.
they said that the pc was struggling to play the game but that on the ps3 it was running smooth!
Killzone, we see gameplay... what more proof there can be?

I don't deny that the unreal engine was in real time...! However what they showed was not a game, it was a demo. That is the difference I am talking about. With these reports coming out that the Killzone was all mock up and not real time at all, I'm getting a little concerned at what we really did see yesterday.

E3 2005: 360 Running at One-Third Power
So we've been seeing the Xbox 120?
by David Clayman

May 17, 2005 - In between furiously posting the latest game information, we had the time to shoot the breeze with a PR representative from a third-party company. The conversation drifted toward the framerate issues that we've seen while previewing a few Xbox 360 titles. There is no doubt that the level of detail in the trailers is up to next-gen standards, but almost anything in-engine has chugged a bit at one point or another.

When asked about this issue our source replied that the current playable 360 games would all have framerate issues due to the fact that they are running on alpha test units. A rough estimate placed these machines at about one-third as powerful as the 360. We went head-to-head in Top Spin 2 and noticed that there were visible jaggies and a few frame drops. This is because the Alpha units do not run anti-aliasing and simply don't have the power to run a high-res game at full quality. The developers had tuned Top Spin 2 to run at a smooth 60 frames per second but this was simply not possible on the Alpha hardware. Official sources place the final development kit dates for July and the results promise to look much better.

It is not surprising that many games in early stages would suffer from the types of issues we've seen so far. Since the alpha units are underpowered, it is surprising that Microsoft hadn't touted this fact earlier. Knowing that the final products will most definitely run smoother certainly got us more excited about the 360 line-up.

Maybe it's just me but if they're wheeling out that excuse then surely it's even more applicable to Sony's new machine given that it's not as far along in the development stage, if you go by proposed release dates?

I think they're shitting it tbh, to suddenly bring out something like this.

you would have thought if that was true they would have had things saying so.
why show stuff to the world and the worlds game journos knowing they aint looking as good as they will be doing..
Something fishys going on there i reckon.

Ive just seen the amped and topspin 2 vids and even ignoring the frame rate and jaggys they still were dissappointing.. I was expecting alot more.
Looks like Call of Duty 2 might be the best thing in their line up.
(and spectator mode :) )

I don't think there is necessarily anything fishy going on, I just think its been poorly handled. Which is unusual as MS are normally great at advertising and hype.

The Outfit looks a top game even in early stages. Agreed that Amped and Topspin2 are hardly anything special at the moment.

At this stage, it's less a next gen console war and more a PR war -- but, yeah, Sony took Round 1 by stealing Xbox 360's thunder and doing a better job focusing on demos.

Regardless of which you may like better, both consoles rock based on early info.

Doses of reality:

1. To deliver all the hype, PS3 either's gonna be one hell of an expensive console or some of those specs/features will be less impressive at launch, ala PS2.

2. Very few games will tap the limits of either console anyway, and we'll still see a bunch of shit games being put out.

If you think about it, we're talking about a relative handful or two of games (out of the potential universe of hundreds) that will really matter over the next 1-2 years. Doesn't matter if you're running 1 or 2 Zigaflops per millisecond.

3. Halo still won't be available on PS3. No exclusives on Sony's side bother the other side as much, certainly not the overhyped GT.

4. A hell of a lot of Xbox 360s are gonna sell this year. That 2006 launch date (late 2006 for most of you) ain't helping Sony take back any market share.

Most serious gamers will own both consoles.

Back
Top Bottom