Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Sudden strike12 said:
First of all, Xbox live SILVER is FREE. Live silver means you can play only on weekends, but can download content any time.

what a bunch of crap! Can only play 2 days a week?! Content? what good is that If I don't get to play!?

If sony makes something similar I'll probably quit consoles and retire myself to some Tibetian monastery! :mrgreen:

You complain when it costs money. You complain when you can play for a limited time but for free.

What's your problem ffs! If you dont wanna pay, you still get a chance to play and get levels and stuff for your games. You expect Xbox Live to be free, when most MMO games cost money per month, just to play one game.

Man, you must be crazy !

You are both wrong.

Live Silver is online access to everything EXCEPT online play. You can't even play on weekends unless it is for designated "Free" weekend play. Live Gold is the only way to play online and it will cost the same as the current Live service.

I can't believe the amount of bitching about this, its crazy. Sony's Online system is bollocks at best, they have a hell of a lot to do to catch up with the Live service.

Sudden strike12 said:
And lastly, films are shot at between 20 and 30 fps. No one complains about that because you dont notice MUCH difference when you go above that number. Having LESS frames per second will actually make things seem FASTER, having MORE fps will make it seem SMOOTHER. This is why Grand Prix Legends on the PC limits the fps to about 32, because anything more than that isnt really neccessary !
But you watch films, 30fps is suitable for that medium, in games you need to respond and it's far easier to do this when at 60fps than 30fps - imagine WE/PES at a constant 30fps. I disagree on it not being necessary, IMO it's something they should be aiming to do before they use up the power on getting the sparrow on that tree half a mile away in the distance to look lovely. It's high on my list anyway, it always puts me off when a game isn't running at 60.

As for Live, initially I was skeptical about having to pay but I would say it's been worth it since I did.

Last edited:

Sudden strike12 said:
You complain when it costs money. You complain when you can play for a limited time but for free.

What's your problem ffs! If you dont wanna pay, you still get a chance to play and get levels and stuff for your games. You expect Xbox Live to be free, when most MMO games cost money per month, just to play one game.

Man, you must be crazy !

pay to play? don't think so! If the only way I can enjoy x360 is through live, then I'm sure not to buy it!
about MMO, it's still too expensive but I still understand cause MMO's have new content from time to time. of course xlive will also have lots of content, but just a couple of multiplayers maps from months at the time!? And trailers one can get anywhere.
Of course if there will be MMO games for x360 and we need only pay for xlive to play them, then its great! that is worth paying!

And when Reactor says that only on designated weekends its free! :s sucks!
I have a friend who had xlive, and he says that it wasn't worth it!

Maybe I'm too used to play UT, QW and stuff like that for free, when the servers are created by other people than the creator of the game!

u have your opinion i have mine! I just want the games to be great, no way i'm gonna get a console just because they might have a brilliant online system.

Peace! :)

We can all the just wait for the PS3 cuz we know we wont need Online play to enjoy that.

ClassicD said:
As for Live, initially I was skeptical about having to pay but I would say it's been worth it since I did.

We have all enjoyed it since you joined Classic, we were lacking a Scottish accent ;)

ClassicD said:
But you watch films, 30fps is suitable for that medium, in games you need to respond and it's far easier to do this when at 60fps than 30fps - imagine WE/PES at a constant 30fps. I disagree on it not being necessary, IMO it's something they should be aiming to do before they use up the power on getting the sparrow on that tree half a mile away in the distance to look lovely. It's high on my list anyway, it always puts me off when a game isn't running at 60

I totally agree with you on the whole point of having AT LEAST 60fps !

I think there have been far too many Games in this current Generation that have suffered with Slowdown and Low fps ... and I personally can recall more than a few occassions, where I basically didn't play a Game or gave up on it for these sorts of reasons.

I also hope it is something that gets left behind with this Generation and we don't have to put up with it in the coming Years.

I mean whats the point of us following Microsofts wishes of playing in "Hi-Def" with a 50" HDTV running a Game at 1080i for it only to be moving at .......... a paltry 25-30fps ?

On a more positive note I did read a statement somewhere the other day where someone at MS was waxing lyrical about Hi-Def & their new imposed rules of EVERY Game having at LEAST

-- 16:9 Ratio with No Letterbox, 720p or 1080i, 5.1 DD & being Live aware --

so basically he said that with the power they have at their disposal and with the quality of the Image they are aiming to provide for Gamers they said that all Games would be running at a very high fps ???

Whether we believe him or not is another thing ? :mryellow: Time will tell ...

P.S.

While we are on the subject, have you seen the amount of people on the Internet who believe that you CANNOT SEE the difference between 30fps and 60fps ... are they Mental or What ? :shock:

The difference is there, but it isnt worth complaining about. As i said earlier, films are made with a fps of between 20 and 35, but you dont complain about them :D

Sudden strike12 said:
The difference is there, but it isnt worth complaining about.

We shall have to agree to disagree on this one I'm afraid mate ;-)

Hmm any chance of a thread that has more facts and less petty squabbling :/

imp ps3 will be online out of the box as well, so there is no point just buying xbos for just "xbos" liveee :roll:

Nothing about the PS3 has been announced to that statement is pure speculation.

Sudden strike12 said:
The difference is there, but it isnt worth complaining about. As i said earlier, films are made with a fps of between 20 and 35, but you dont complain about them :D
As I said earlier ( :mrgreen: ), you watch films, with a game you have to interact and time button presses, it's much easier to do this if the framerate it more 'real life' than having to compensate for a 50% drop (ie 60 to 30), so it's totally different.

Spider yes I have seen those folk, no doubt you also saw them on Gamefaqs, the amount of idiots on there is fantastic :D. You should join our Forza games when we get them set up, give Chris another Scottish accent to deal with. :lol:

As for PS3, I'm unsure whether they'll have learned their lesson from PS2 online - I'd rather have the MS system with one account for all games, everything linked etc than have one for each game.

ReActor said:
Nothing about the PS3 has been announced to that statement is pure speculation.
it would be suicide if the ps3 was not to have online out of the box.
We will only hear about ps3 surely on the next game conference like e3. But the one in japan. (dunno the name)

Time quotes Bill Gates saying Sony's next-gen cosole will "walk into" the Xbox 360 follow-up to the best-selling sci-fi shooter.
For months, the Web was rife with rumors that Microsoft would ship the sequel to Halo 2 for the Xbox 360 simultaneously with the launch of the PlayStation 3. Now, that has been confirmed--by none other than Bill Gates himself.

In next week's issue of Time Magazine--which features Gates holding the Xbox 360 on the cover--Gates mentioned plans for the release of the much-anticipated follow-up to the best-selling console shooter. In a parenthetical sidebar in the article, Time says the following:

"Note to the hard-core faithful: the next version of Halo will not, repeat not, be ready in time for the launch of Xbox 360. It will be part of the all-important second wave next spring. 'It's perfect,' Gates says, radiant with bloodlust. 'The day Sony launches [the new PlayStation], and they walk right into Halo 3.'"

While Microsoft reps were not available for comment as of press time, Gates' comments appear to confirm the theory that Microsoft will release Halo 3 either simultaneously or near the release of Sony's next-gen console. It also marks the first official confirmation that a third Halo is indeed in the works, and will be released for the Xbox 360.

Although such statements might be interpreted as grandstanding, such a maneuver definitely would have an impact. Halo 2 sold over 6.5 million copies to date, and is credited with doubling the subscriber base of Xbox Live from around 750,000 to over 1.5 million. It is also credited by industry-watchers as one of the main reasons for boosting sales of the original Xbox last holiday season.

Perfect Dark Zero

perfect-dark-zero-20050514085006513.jpg

http://www.1up.com/media?id=1879119&type=lg

Reactor mate,

If only that was an in-game shot :( ...

Click the link for how its really looking at the moment ! I know Graphics on there own don't make a Game but the Gaming press seem genuinely surprised that the supposed killer launch title of XBOX360 looks this way at this point.

I have to say that Chronicles of Riddick & Splinter Cell:CT on Xbox look better than that :shock:

Maybe Rare aren't what they used to be ?

Last edited:

I'm hoping thats an early in-game shot. Cause if it ain't, they've got a long way to go (graphically) to get it out on launch day and not get ridiculed!!

All this means nothing to me at the moment, we should all wait until e3 when the machine gets its showing

Well what it is looking like now with potential placeholder textures etc etc is irrelevant at the end of the day. The above screen shot was released after the 360 launch/announcement. I didn't stste that it was in game anyway..I just posted it for interest.

We know nothing about the games at the moment, the next 5 days will be information overload.

ReActor said:
I didn't state that it was in game anyway..I just posted it for interest.

I appreciate that Mate and Thanks as I hadn't seen it before ... I wasn't trying to get at you in any way :mryellow:

Just trying to point out that Most of the developers of XBOX360 stuff seem to be showing/releasing a lot of Images that aren't In-Game ... that was all ;-)

P.S.

New one of TW2006 apprently In-Game too ...

792_0001.jpg

Last edited:

RuneEdge said:
You mean the Tokyo Game Show?

that's the one. It's the place where Sony introduced the PS2 and it will surely be there the showing of the PS3!

Any one know the date for the next Tokyo Game Show?

That last image seems bad enough to be FMV, so it must be an early in game screen!

Revan said:
That last image seems bad enough to be FMV, so it must be an early in game screen!

LOL are you for real? Next gen graphics are not just about realism, I would be mighty pissed off if every game I play looks like real life, that is why I play games, to get away from reality. If the next TW game looks like that screen then I will be happy.

The trouble with most people is you have no idea what your expectations are, and whether they are realistic at all. I'm just keeping an open mind and looking forward to whatever comes along.

Last edited:

Yep games are about getting away from reality

Back
Top Bottom