Microsoft Xbox 360

Xbox ’720′ info revealed by inside Source

The next-generation console rumors have been flying around for the past 2 years. Recently, the speculations have been out of control as a possible announcement date gets closer. Speaking with a source who has had hands-on time with the new Xbox console prototype, we’ve learned a few new details. Under conditions of anonymity the source had this to say in regards to testing:

“Microsoft has the prototypes monitored under a microscope and an air tight confidentiality clause.”

There was some information the source was willing to provide. The full details are below:

• While no confirmation on an announcement date, E3 will be “Party Central” in the Xbox booth
• The new ’720′ will have 3x the processing speed of the current 360
• No hard release date but it looks like Holiday 2013
• 2 launch versions. 320 GB Arcade / 500 GB Pro. Exact pricing is unknown
• 1 TB HDD available as a separate purchase
• It will not include Blu-Ray
• No picture was available as prototype consoles are packaged in a 360 slim case to “avoid complications” about the design until announcement
• Tech Specs; AMD eight-core x64 1.6GHz CPU, Direct3d 11.x 800MHz GPU, and 8GB of DDR3 RAM
• Xbox Smartglass is still a feature in use
• No word on Kinect 2.0
• No word on “Immersive” technology being implemented

Expect new information closer to E3.

http://www.gamingcapacity.com/xbox-720-info-revealed-by-inside-source/
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1835664/nextgen_xbox_720_rumours_no_bluray_two_launch_models.html

No Blu-Ray ?? seriously, HD-DVD back ? fatal error

Those specs couldn't be more wrong if I made them up myself, Microsoft won't mess up the specs, everyone knows what is in the PS4 and to not have a Blu-ray when the PS4 will allow 4K video is a massive mistake.

The Xbox 720 will be very very similar spec to the PS4, the XBOX has always been about having better specs than the competition and I expect it will happen again when the next gen comes out.

Maybe no blu-ray, no hd-dvd, nothing?

Maybe it's a digital download only console?

That won't happen until the next versions of the consoles come out as the XBOX and Playstation stores are ridiculously over priced. Unless places like Green Man Gaming start selling activation codes for games, which can then be activated this would certainly allow greater competition and hopefully drive down the prices. The problem with that though is console games are massively over priced due to the licencing fees but you would hope that games would become cheaper through digital distribution, as being a PC gamer I have not paid over £20 for a new game for years.

Being a PC gamer I absolutely love digital distribution, you pre-load the game days before it comes out then at Midnight on day of release the game unlocks and you can play it, I know some people will moan about this as everyone knows if you buy a game of the net you get the game about 2 days before release, but I would expect some games in the future to have some sort of block on this to stop the breaking of street dates.

The other problems with digital distribution is the size of the HD, with games getting larger and larger £250GB HD won't fit that many games on especially since recently your average PC game is a 16GB download and with the next gen consoles I would expect games to start hitting the 20GB mark.

DSG3oFT.jpg

Has anybody got a Microsoft force feedback wheel and wants to sell it or loan it me for some cash?

I don't wanna fork out for a new one just before the new Xbox comes out

Fable 3 free on Xbox.com

Update: Xbox Live Silver members cannot take advantage of this and are charged 3600 Microsoft Points for the game.

Original story: You can grab the full Fable 3 game from Xbox.com now for free.

All you have to do is select "use Microsoft Points" when asked how you'd like to pay. The cost is 0 Microsoft Points and when you "confirm" the deal, hey presto, the game is yours. Thanks, Eurogamer forum!

This is probably an accident on Microsoft's behalf rather than special gift to go with its E3 conference this afternoon.

Fable 3 was the quickly made follow-up to Fable 2 on Xbox 360, and was pretty good.

Link
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-10-fable-3-is-free-from-xbox-com-right-now

Crackdown, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero confirmed for Games with Gold
Major Nelson has confirmed the next round of Games with Gold promotion will contain Crackdown, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero.

Starting tomorrow, Crackdown will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through August 15, and will then be replaced with Dear Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero on August 16.

A new title will be available the 1st and 16th of each month per the Games with Gold incentive.

Been playing Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, very good so far graphics are really good and gameplay also. Kinda reminds me of Ico a little.

Just finished playing Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and must say it´s one of the best games i played this year, and and one of the few games where the story really touched me.

It´s a beautiful but really sad story, I really felt like crying at the end of the game. :(

Wonder if someone can help with this issue:

If I have my Xbox on first and then connect it to my router, when I click to connect to Xbox live it returns an error message and asks me to test the connection. Every time it signs me out, tests the connection and all works fine.

If I sign out of my profile and sign back in, I can connect no problems without needing to test the connection or getting the error message. Problem is, when I try signing out it doesn't give me that notification stating it's signed out. I do it from the Xbox screen after pressing the guide button on my controller and I do it from the dashboard itself but it only works 5% of the time.

Is there something I need to do that allows me to force a sign-out?

Back
Top Bottom