Microsoft Xbox 360

I have 2 360's. One RROD in summer, so instead of again shipping to Microsoft I bought another with new chipset.

That new one then RROD on Boxing Day. Gutted, rang up the indians manning the microsoft fort and finally agreed to send me shipping labels in the post, and fix newer console and replace the original one.

The next day I took a load of games back to Blockbuster which i had rented on xmas eve, told the guys my problem. As i bought my console from them 6 months ago, and didnt have receipt they said to bring it back, and they would replace it. I was well shocked. No more premiums in stock, so for 48 quid I got a brand new Elite, they transferred all the data on the HD over for me, and let me pick it up after I'd been shopping with the missus a few hours later

Quality quality service, from bloody blockbuster, take note microsoft.

Then last monday UPS guy turned up on my doorstep (no labels in the post for me to resend) to take one of my 360's, and said he would package it, and that it was his second to collect of the day, and 3 more due to pick up. Crazy

Thinking about fixing my xbox myself from the 3 red lights :DD

If it fucks up - I just need to know:

Does the xbox Arcade have the same connections as the Elite? HDMI and also the slot to be able to put the adapter to connect to optical cable?

Also Will I be able to put my elite 120GB hardrive in the Arcade?

Basically if I take all the bits from the Elite that I have can I stick them on the arcade to make a 'White' Elite?

I probably won't fix it myself - but I want to explore all of my options :DD

The newer Arcade's should be HDMI and have the normal slot for your optical cable, and you just pop your HDD off the Elite and stick it on the White Arcade and hey presto, a White Elite!

Decided against fixing it myself. I love opening stuff up and having a go myself - but when I do shit like that its 50-50 if the thing I am working on will live again!!

So UPS are coming to pick it up tomorrow at my work. They say it takes 2-3 weeks. But I am hoping it takes a week like you guys have experienced. It better fucking do!!!

:LOL: I know what you mean about fixing stuff yourself Bob! I half expected to blow up when I switched on my Sky box the other day.

Back on topic, my Xbox was picked up and delivered back to me by UPS, it was in 2007, but it took 4 weeks :ANX:.

:LOL: I know what you mean about fixing stuff yourself Bob! I half expected to blow up when I switched on my Sky box the other day.

Back on topic, my Xbox was picked up and delivered back to me by UPS, it was in 2007, but it took 4 weeks :ANX:.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it takes longer than 2 weeks - I will just buy a cheap xbox Arcade then put it into my bedroom when my other one comes back.

Does anybody know if you keep changing the hard drive from two different consoles - does it do any damage?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it takes longer than 2 weeks - I will just buy a cheap xbox Arcade then put it into my bedroom when my other one comes back.

Does anybody know if you keep changing the hard drive from two different consoles - does it do any damage?

I do it regularly and it does no damage at all

does anyone think i should get the official vga cable, i currently have the game 'unofficial' cable...would their be any difference?

Is there any new free NXE themes?

not just backgrounds i mean the ones that change the icons as well?

yeah they came with NXE

they released a Christmas one just before Christmas but i just wondered if they were anymore because they dont explain much in the description

I think they NXE ones must be the ones title "Premium Themes" but i aint paying to find out

Yeah, can't be arsed paying for themes, I'll just wait to see if free themes appear.

Just read that the Braid creators made a really smart theme and wanted it to be free ... but MS said no and put a charge on it :BRICK:

Yes coopz, "Premium Themes" are the ones which change everything

which I found out after I bought the Dark Knight one which is basic and just changes the bloody background

how fucked up is this, last night i was playing pro evo on my 360 and all of a sudden my picture started going funny...and when i tried to boot the game this morning i was getting sound but no picture

so i googled it when i got home from work this evening and found a link that told you to wrap a towel around the 360 from front to back...and basically make the 360 overheat until you get the RROD....then switch it off , give it 5 secs and start it up again.....and it actually worked....how fucked up is that

Yes coopz, "Premium Themes" are the ones which change everything

which I found out after I bought the Dark Knight one which is basic and just changes the bloody background

Its stupid how you cant preview them

i wonder if there is a site about that does...........

ooooooooooo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342627

some look Good actually

Forza

DashPPR.jpg

Rockband

w22dz5.jpg

Streetfighter

2cepulk.jpg

Last edited:
*Puts hand up* What are you offering me for it?

A payment via Paypal to match the amount you ask for + postage, assuming said price quoted is attractive to me (unless of course there's some Swedish item you'd like in return, not sure meatballs travel too well in the post however) :)

Back
Top Bottom