PES 2013 Discussion Thread

AntrAcsA

Banned
8 November 2006
Finally something official
scaled.php

and bit of this
WENB said:
Official site going live a sign of imminent announcement?
Untitled-580x316.jpg

The official european site for PES 2013 (http://www.konami-pes2013.com/) has gone live this morning after we reported the domain’s “coming soon” message previously. The site seems to be pretty basic at the moment showing a PES predicts video as well as various links to official PES social networks. It would suggest someone hit the “publish” button too soon, or did they?
Let's hope, talk and dreams about PES 2013 begin :)

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Lets hope PES 2013 shows some MARKED improvement over 2012.... otherwise it will be another PES title I will pass up on.

Keep being asked for log-in details. Is that just happening on phones?

Nop, its blocked again. Its happening to everyone. The site was in the air only for a brief period, maybe by mistake from Konami or the guy who administrate the website.

Keep being asked for log-in details. Is that just happening on phones?
Is not only you ,now is block for all , but you don't miss nothing special. There was just one video of PES 2012. Let's see on friday what they will show .

Last edited:

You cant watch until Friday at 11am. Thats what Konami have tweeted.

So, cue 1000s of people hunched over a speeding a fist while viewing the trailers. Getting real excited with every bit of news, updates and videos dropped by Konami.

But what will happen when we get the product in our hands?

WENB will big this up due to their involvement and give it another 9/10 only to say a few weeks later OK so maybe its a 6 or 7/10 game.

I think everyone should remain sceptical. The last couple of PESs have been rubbish. Konami have a lot to improve.

I'm not sure if a new engine is needed. PES2011 was a game i thoroughly liked.
PES2012 is a massive step backwards, this game is broken. I scarcely play it anymore, this year i prefer FIFA by far.

As someone pointed out PES1 to PES06 had the same engine and we all loved those

All aboard the Hype Train.

Destination: October 2012

Calling at:

Anticipation
Hype
Excitement
Impatience
Joy
Disappointment
Realisation
Delusion
Anger.

I'm not sure if a new engine is needed. PES2011 was a game i thoroughly liked.
PES2012 is a massive step backwards, this game is broken. I scarcely play it anymore, this year i prefer FIFA by far.

I find PES 2012 a massive step forward infact it's the only PES since PES 6 i can play for any length of time.

If PES 2013 takes the same strides forward as PES 2012 did it's going to be a great game.

I have been playing Fifa this year and as good as it is its not patch on classic PESs.
By that I mean I dont play more than 2 games of Fifa at once. I dont score goals that make me jump off the chair in excitement. When I score I feel nothing where as PES I feel great.
This year in FIFA i havent started a manager mode as its nothing compared to PESs Master league (11 & 12 are the exception).
I dont go to work and think about what players to buy for the ML team. PES normally is all I can think about when its released.
I dont feel anything towards Fifa.

So come on Konami - you owe me (us) a game that gives us that classic PES feeling. Dont let me down...........again.

Fifa 12 is clearly the better game of football, it plays smoother, has way less bugs and offers a satisfactory experience. The animations are worlds better, to use the right stick for pushing the ball forward is nice, the ballphysics are better, the goalkeepers are miles better, the physics...

So yes as a game Fifa 12 is a class or even more better, but unfortunately it is not a good representation of football. It's missing dynamic and a momentum/inertia-model and the ballcontrol is over-the-top-good for every player and every circumstance so the things that happen in reallife-football don't happen in the game. The AI is also pretty linear and the pressing doesn't work in a way real teams would use pressure...

These and other football-aspects are better realized in PES 2012. But it looks and feels awful, the players don't have weight to them, you don't feel the presence of players, the ballphysics aren't very good and the bugs, be it for playerswitching or not defending against crosses from the wings or the awful goalkeepers... are infuriating.

I think the problems stem from the fact that the engine is very limiting and so improvements in certain areas lead to a worsening in other areas... but I'm open to be proven wrong and look forward to PES 2013.

Maybe Konami can indeed iron out the bugs and give players presence and more individuality and enable manual passing/shooting without having to press L2, maybe better ball-physics are possible within the engine, maybe a better stamina/fatigue-system is possible, maybe it's possible to reduce the rails or to make it possible to leave them without using super-cancel, maybe more competent goalkeepers are in... maybe these changes are possible to make the game look and feel better and be an overall better game-experience.

And maybe EA wakes up and provides realistic ball-control, more fluid gameplay, an upgrade in AI and an introduction of a momentum/inertia-model... for Fifa 13. Who knows?

Fifa 12 is clearly the better game of football, it plays smoother, has way less bugs and offers a satisfactory experience. The animations are worlds better, to use the right stick for pushing the ball forward is nice, the ballphysics are better, the goalkeepers are miles better, the physics...

So yes as a game Fifa 12 is a class or even more better, but unfortunately it is not a good representation of football. It's missing dynamic and a momentum/inertia-model and the ballcontrol is over-the-top-good for every player and every circumstance so the things that happen in reallife-football don't happen in the game. The AI is also pretty linear and the pressing doesn't work in a way real teams would use pressure...

These and other football-aspects are better realized in PES 2012. But it looks and feels awful, the players don't have weight to them, you don't feel the presence of players, the ballphysics aren't very good and the bugs, be it for playerswitching or not defending against crosses from the wings or the awful goalkeepers... are infuriating.

I think the problems stem from the fact that the engine is very limiting and so improvements in certain areas lead to a worsening in other areas... but I'm open to be proven wrong and look forward to PES 2013.

Maybe Konami can indeed iron out the bugs and give players presence and more individuality and enable manual passing/shooting without having to press L2, maybe better ball-physics are possible within the engine, maybe a better stamina/fatigue-system is possible, maybe it's possible to reduce the rails or to make it possible to leave them without using super-cancel, maybe more competent goalkeepers are in... maybe these changes are possible to make the game look and feel better and be an overall better game-experience.

And maybe EA wakes up and provides realistic ball-control, more fluid gameplay, an upgrade in AI and an introduction of a momentum/inertia-model... for Fifa 13. Who knows?
:TTTH:
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear....4847.4847.0.6112.1.1.0.0.0.0.999.999.6-1.1.0.
and this is only one of many FIFA 12 fails series ... FIFA 12 is not better football game... is better video game but is far from football for me !

Last edited:

I know this is a pes13 thread so wont go on about Fifa, PES12 or problems the game has but unless they fix keepers, passing and shooting the games dead.

Now, according to Adam these things have been looked at closely.
If so then we are getting there. There are also a ton of other things to sort out but lets hope they sort out on-field issues and not fucking menu music or facebook shit.

The keepers need a complete overhaul. They need to look at Fifas. Simple as. They also need to remember that keepers dont dive for every shot. They cant. So dont make the keeper do something that a realife keeper wouldnt do. Ie - shot going in top left, keeper cant get there so dives with an up and down montion while going for ball with incorrect hand.
If keeper is beaten he is beaten. Just have him stand there head in hands or something.

So yes as a game Fifa 12 is a class or even more better, but unfortunately it is not a good representation of football.

So which is it then?

I understand what you're trying to say but surely the game which better represents football is by it's very nature the better football game?

He's saying FIFA has an improper representation of critical gameplay elements, like the momentum-inertia model, and as a result it detracts from the footballing experience.

Also, I quote henry hand's comments on the first touch mechanics and pressing :

ballcontrol is over-the-top-good for every player and every circumstance so the things that happen in reallife-football don't happen in the game. The AI is also pretty linear and the pressing doesn't work in a way real teams would use pressure...

These gameplay elements have a more "realistic" implementation in PES, and it's all part of what gives PES its "soul".

I've only played FIFA on the PS Vita, but I feel the same way about the game after 4-5 matches. But damn I love the animations and the ball physics on the game. The audio presentation completely puts PES to shame as well.

great post from henrys hand by the way.

Last edited:

Think it is best to consider what the news about the ''news'' is and how it came about. It was a tweet about the official site with a day and time that came off the back of the site briefly being live before locking up again.

Some folk were able to view and navigate the site when it was live briefly but beyond a logo there was not an information overload regarding PES2013 the game.

Do not know about you but for me PES 2013 site does not look very serious! It's look very cheap and amateur .. I do not want to comment on the previous write like "coming soon .."
I think a series, BIG series like claims to be the PES, the site had to be far more professional, although it is not ready (day and a half before anounce ) ... I hope the presentation of the game to b much better .. PES community deserves more respect of that cheap " coming soon.. " or amateur background with poor quality .

I thoroughly hope it's good. PES 2012 definitely didn't do enough to sustain my interest for very long and i think it felt more like a beta than an actual full release title for numerous reasons.

I really think they need to re-evaluate the online focus. Even though my interest in Fifa is quite minimal i think a huge positive aspect of that game is the way it allows the player to play online with others in a way that they see fit. PES is still very basic in that respect and unfortunately that could be conceived as a merit but in reality it probably isn't.

If i want to play online at a certain speed, with certain user settings and with people who aren't going to be Barcelona/Real Madrid whores then at current i don't really have the ability to do that. Any progress in that department will be a huge advantage to the game. I don't even consider myself a big online gamer but playing against a real person is always going to be more interesting than playing against the computer especially considering that i do not know anybody in real life who plays PES.

The engined changed for PES 3 onwards.

yes and it was right away a great game, unlike pes2008
-
same as gerd here, enjoyed 011 way more
they need to go back to the roots again, massive boost in player individuality, focus on first touch, differences between player with ball and without
SLOWER GAME, lol
and some other things
like better AI, AI AI AI :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom