Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

I'll be surprised if anything is improved by much over FIFA10. I think it'll be the usual lick of paint, a tweak here, a tweak there.

Big changes tend to come only with complete rewrites of sections of the game, or entire new engines. Look at the embarassment that was PES over the last few years. Same engine for year after year of regurgitated horse shit.

The paying public soon cotton on and jump ship as soon as there's something even mildly better, albeit there will always be blindly loyal fanboys.

PES sounds like it's finally having a major overhaul. That's definitely perked up my interest in it for the first time in a few years. I might even download the demo.

I guess we'll see over the coming weeks. Though again I'd be surprised if MM is covered in the first release of info; it's much more likely to be talked about a month or so later once the initial set of hands on reports have been and gone.

I love the time between june and september. New game to come, evo-web as homepage, rumours, new info, just everything!

I hope FIFA 11 will be a big step forward of WC 2010.

No mexicans saying FIFA 11 isn't much better than previous titles? Nobody leaking pictures of rainbows under players? Pitiful. Where are the leaks??

Last edited:

Shhhh... it's not gone crazy in here yet with people trying to praise or hate a game that may or may not be any good, from a badly translated piece of info that may or may not be even remotely true, but will change the face of football gaming as we know it and prove unequivocally that, "insert game title" is/was and always will be better in virtually every-way than "insert game title"...;))

Biggest thing for me with Fifa is player individuality. Too many players feel and play the same regardless of their stat-set.

Last edited:

There are some news regarding PC version (if anyone is interested)
Polish magazine CD-Action posted a preview of next issue available on May 8th:
fifar.jpg

Selected text translates:
"Finally PC version will be the same as console versions"

For original image go HERE and on the right click: "CD-Action" and "Zajrzyj do CDA 6/2010" and browse pages.

Yeah Wednesday is when EA show their hand, Should be interesting what they come up with. the AI, Defending System, Passing/Build up and Individuality is what's required.

Selected text translates:
"Finally PC version will be the same as console versions"
Yeah, it will be the console one that will be matched to the FIFA 10 PC standards. Poor console users :BOP:

In my opinion if they developed a PC version which is identical to the console one, it'd be a huge hit.
Finally, probably, no more sticking to PES 6 and FIFA 09 for me this autumn :))

I was reading these Madden 11 blogs (here and here) about how they are revising and approaching anew some key fundamentals. It would be nice to think that the FIFA team are revising - for example - Marking and Player Attributes in a similar in-depth, authenticity-oriented way.

I was reading these Madden 11 blogs (here and here) about how they are revising and approaching anew some key fundamentals. It would be nice to think that the FIFA team are revising - for example - Marking and Player Attributes in a similar in-depth, authenticity-oriented way.
Ya, it seems they have been actually listening to the fans primary concerns in many different areas which seemingly will make it exponentially more realistic. AND THEY HAVE NO REAL COMPETITOR ala PES! You think that either Konami or EA has to get it right (or much closer to the mark) this go round seeing as how there's an obvious arms race of sorts. I for one am praying PES is really good this year- but after their unveiling, I'm a bit skeptical as to whether or not they'll have 360 dribbling.

So, three days to go... As we've said before, we're not likely to be getting any MM or BAP/Clubs news just yet. It will almost definitely be gameplay to begin with.

With that in mind, what are the key gameplay improvements people want to see in the first press release for FIFA 11?

Tbh, all I care about is MM, and player stats having an effect on players. These are basic for me.

So, three days to go... As we've said before, we're not likely to be getting any MM or BAP/Clubs news just yet. It will almost definitely be gameplay to begin with.

With that in mind, what are the key gameplay improvements people want to see in the first press release for FIFA 11?

That the ball is truly free so everyone can attack it, not only 1 player per team at the time. And more random and realistic outcomes from saves. If these are fixed they will start to have the "soul" of randomness that real football have.

But I don't think this will happen, so I'm not sure what they will list. What are typical things they can list that people have asked for? Saving replays will probably be listed this year. Maybe something about more individuality since Gary asked people what players they wanted special animations for.

Can you elaborate on what you mean about the keepers? Not sure if I follow what the problem is.

So, keeping it down to things that are likely to be announced in the first wave of stuff,

-Attributes being more important;
-Stop pingpong passing from being so effective;
-More than 1 player per team going for the ball;
-Signature animations for star players;
-Goalkeeper saves being more unscripted, organic and realistic;
-Marking being improved;
-Defensive system overhaul to stop pressuring being so effective;
-Improvements to defensive and attacking AI;
-MM in BAP mode (not likely to hear about this for a while);
-Easier for players to fend off defender physicality;
-Less precise long balls;
-Less precise AI which makes the game appear scripted.

Might stick in Jimmy's list of things that makes FIFA arcadey and not a sim as well, to see how many of these EA address this year. I'll cut out the bit where he lists comments taken from FIFA Wii reviews(!!).

Jimmy G-Force said:
1. No individuality in the players, and no effort to make that happen. You cannot simulate a sport without simulating what you covert. It may as well be Virtua Soccer on next gen with amazing graphics. The philosophy is the same. 22 players and a ball. Not 22 individuals that collectively make up a unique team.

2. No first touch. The most important aspect of football and the base for everything that follows. Without this aspect, it isnt simulating football. Therefore it's an arcade representation. Albeit a very stunning looking one.

3. No alternate foot use, or frequency of use. Left/right foot, it doesnt matter. Please tell me how its possible to create a simulation without having such a massive feature missing ? You cant.

4. Some of the most ridiculous tricks that I have ever seen, and also never seen. Very arcade like, completely unrealistic. It's a football game, not Billy Wingroves half hour.

5. No emphasis on it's core offline system. MM ? What ? Broken beyond belief which indicates EA are simply not bothered in trying to recreate a decent offline option. Not that it matters really. It's hardly like PES ML where every single player on the database is completely different to the next. All your buying is a name, with extra or lesser speed. Not an individual. Do you think Real Madrid paid £70 million for Ronaldo because he plays the same as Lee Catermole ? Nope. They did it because he has a completely unique skill-set made up from a plethora of technical variables.

6. Fully assisted controls that can be played by a one-eyed short-sighted Cyclops. Or a 5 year old kid.

7. Fully manual controls that take out of the equation any need for having any individualism. A true 'Gamer's game. A game of button pressing and holding the power bar skill. Nothing to do with the ability of the footballers, just the ability of the gamer.

8. No body balance or angles. No matter what the players posture, the resulting pass has the same outcome. This isnt simulating a footballer. A player off balance should not have the same passing accuracy as a player posture perfect.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1936556&postcount=842

Last edited:

I have no idea, I just hope that there isn't a single back-of-the-box improvement. Would mean they are actually trying to improve the game instead of just marketing.

Can you elaborate on what you mean about the keepers? Not sure if I follow what the problem is.

To me the keepers saves are still not completely dynamic as in PES. In WC it's better than FIFA 10, but after a while I always know what will happen if I shoot from certain places. And when I see the animation the keeper is doing, I know where the ball will end up.

The keepers in PES are pretty bad overall because they can make some retarded mistakes, but that's because they don't do the cheating that the keepers in FIFA do.

In FIFA it feels like if the keeper will save it, they have a fixed amount of saves where they add fixed power and deflection angle. They have such an amazing collision system, so why not fully use it in the saves. In FIFA 09 it was REALLY obvious because of God's hand, where the keeper saved shots even if they missed the hands. They still have the same scripted saves even if they're not as obvious now. I know it HAS to be scripted, but it should be much more dynamic and really matter how the ball hits the hands of the keeper. They're too perfect and predictable in how they save the ball.

Yep in FIFA you don't need to know where the keeper is there are certain shots and areas where the keeper will always save it, so there is no point shooting...

You can put it right in the top corner and the keeper will always get it even if he does not touch it...

That the ball is truly free so everyone can attack it, not only 1 player per team at the time. And more random and realistic outcomes from saves. If these are fixed they will start to have the "soul" of randomness that real football have.

That's a massive rewrite of the so called core programme I fear and we wont see that for years... :((

Back
Top Bottom