PC PES 2014 discussion thread

You can't edit boots on an unmodded retail console, but he updates all the players to wear the right or next to perfect ones.

I feel like the keepers have been improved.
Give it a shot.
Surely they have.
At least now they don't act like a bunch of decerebrated zombies anymore, they're quite acceptable now.

Still I believe there's much work to do before they can be defined "good": animations look still out of place here and there, and keepers still use to stare blankly ahead for half a second before reacting to what happens around them after they get up from a dive.
This leads to some strange situations in which the player shoots, the keeper makes a good save than gets up and helplessly watches another opponent tapping it in before being able to do anything.

But, compared to what they used to be, they've improved a lot.

I agree.

The funnny thing is, that I haven´t seen those extreme saves for a long time since any of the latest patches.
You know, like kicking the ball away with the foot when the keeper was lying on the ground, or those double saves, like we saw in the demo.

What I also would love to see is a keeper diving for the ball and rolling off on the ground instead of just falling.

I think in FIFA there is that animation.
Never saw that on any PES release, though :(.

How nobody mentions that GK's never close out in 1 vs 1 situation or move more further the goal line (except colecting loose ball). Huge immersion killer for me, since there is no reasonable situation to use lob shot and no situation to dribble past him, ever. I remember hating older fifa games for that back in the day.

Whew! That scripting AI thing is really upsetting me.

I´m playing the masterleague with pass assistance 2 on pro.
My team is on the first place in the league chart, but only one point ahead.
I got kicked out of the CL and out of the cup, so I have to win the league at least, lol.

But the problem is that matches against weaker teams are almost impossible to win.
My team got a strength of 87 (Bayern Munich) and another team is 78.
And specially teams in the last 70´s are very struggling.

No matter how much I try, and how much I defend (man marking etc) and try to build up my game, the CPU always scores. ALWAYS!
And that mostly by ugly shots out of the box.

I replayed the same match 3 times and always had the same result.
Impossible to defend that son of a $@%*§!

I can make it a draw but impossible to win this crap, lol.

This drives me nuts.

I just had the best time ever with PES 2014 last night and I have no friggin idea why the game suddenly decided to play beautifully. Well, I do have some theories but they might just be that.

I prepared all the South American teams by adjusting strategies to fit more with what I've seen in the WC before starting World Challenge (team mode). I didn't change any formations, just the strategies and I mainly stuck to numbers between 7 and 13 except for Chile.

I then recreated both formation and strategies for my own team, Argentina, to a 4-2-3-1 / 4-2-2-2 hybrid using the default 4-2-3-1 as a base, and created strategies using mainly 7-13 here as well. I did use more extreme settings on the attacking and defensive strategy for Support, Switch to Attack and A/D ratio but otherwise stuck to the 7-13 ratio, which is supposed to be "medium".

The result was a totally different game, and by letting up from my previous default at 15+ in Pressure and Compactness to 7-13 it seems to transform the AI as well.

I can't really put it into words, it was great. 15 matches and no bullshit from the AI, I can't believe it. It's masochistic, really... I know the game will fuck me over at some point but I can't help giving it another shot every now and then.

Last edited:
I just had the best time ever with PES 2014 last night and I have no friggin idea why the game suddenly decided to play beautifully. Well, I do have some theories but they might just be that.

I prepared all the South American teams by adjusting strategies to fit more with what I've seen in the WC before starting World Challenge (team mode). I didn't change any formations, just the strategies and I mainly stuck to numbers between 7 and 13 except for Chile.

I then recreated both formation and strategies for my own team, Argentina, to a 4-2-3-1 / 4-2-2-2 hybrid using the default 4-2-3-1 as a base, and created strategies using mainly 7-13 here as well. I did use more extreme settings on the attacking and defensive strategy for Support, Switch to Attack and A/D ratio but otherwise stuck to the 7-13 ratio, which is supposed to be "medium".

The result was a totally different game, and by letting up from my previous default at 15+ in Pressure and Compactness to 7-13 it seems to transform the AI as well.

I can't really put it into words, it was great. 15 matches and no bullshit from the AI, I can't believe it. It's masochistic, really... I know the game will fuck me over at some point but I can't help giving it another shot every now and then.
which is better yairpatch 1.5 or 1.8? and what are the settings to use in fileloader? what r ur settings? i'm playing yairpatch 1.5 but it is so hard to win on top player, its so hard to even make goalscoring chance, and players feel they have too much weight. give me ur recommendations, thanks.

No idea, I haven't used yairpatch. I did try a nesa patch but I'm using normal stock konami exe file and no fileloader.

Zero, are you also using Manual shooting? If not, try it. Im playing 1.12 and it's trully a gamechanger.

How nobody mentions that GK's never close out in 1 vs 1 situation or move more further the goal line (except colecting loose ball). Huge immersion killer for me, since there is no reasonable situation to use lob shot and no situation to dribble past him, ever. I remember hating older fifa games for that back in the day.
i agree there were tons of 1 on 1 in pes 3-6 era, we need this back.

guys I need help .. last I was playing pes 2014 I guess it was patch 4.2 , then I gave up on playing because I was busy at work . now am back and I try to play , the game starts fine and then there's the pes messages like maintenance and new dlc and stuff like that n all u have to do is ok ok as usual , then after that instead of showing the pes menu to start play or anything like that it crashed .. tried many times again all I get is crashes
I downloaded the latest patch 4.4 (pesedit patch) and uninstalled the whole game to start clean ..
I installed the game n started it it started fine but with the original everything like squad and ozil still in real Madrid n so on , closed the game .. installed the new patch with the DLCs and everything .. now when I start the game I crash at the exact same point as before ..
I used to play the game just fine with packs all the time and I really wanna know wth is wrong cuz it's very frustrating!!!
thanks in advance.

So to tackle in this game you have to run into the player and hope the ball bounces back to you? Tragic bloody game.

i'm playing pes 2014 with yairpatch 1.5, i can tell u the game is so much fun, despite some flaws, like players hassling you off the ball and referee says nothing, like one chance one goal for the opponent, but i tell u if u defend the whole match with concentration, u will win the games, this game requires much concentration when defending, i won the final of the international cup yesterday vs argentina on top player, basic shooting and through ball(through ball is too sensitive), pass assistance at 2 bars( unplayable with 1 or 0 bars,the controls aren't yet made for the xbox 360 controller, hope 2015 will be).
i won 3-1 after messi got argentina ahead with a wonder strike from 25 yards in top corner, julio cesar could do nothing abt it.
then 1-1 through fred, cross and fred giving it a little nudge back heel from close range, then 2-1 through hulk, pass down the axe through the middle hulk being hassled off by garay managed to squeeze past him and score in bottom right corner.
then icing on the cake with neymar freekick from 25 yards, curled in the top right corner, romero could do nothing about it.
i had the feeling of the old pes back.

Last edited:
So to tackle in this game you have to run into the player and hope the ball bounces back to you? Tragic bloody game.

Dont know where that comment came from but there are several ways to tackle in this game.Timing is essential.

Dont know where that comment came from but there are several ways to tackle in this game.Timing is essential.
It came from my experience playing the game, i have had times when i thought the game was good but my latest experience has just been tragic. I have looked up some youtube vids to see how. I really don't want to give it about the Demo 1 business, but this game just seems to get worse. Maybe i've had my fill and all the negatives are blinding me but the last few games have been awful.:CONFUSE:

So my Xbox has packed in just as I was starting to enjoy PES2014 so I thought I'd give the PC version a go.
Best place to get the game and what patches to use?

Do any of the patches fix the problem of the advantage rule?

Im playing PES 2014 with the latest official patch and the refs don't even know the meaning of the advantage rule. So many times im on the attack in the oppositions half then the ref blows his whistle for a foul in the middle of the pitch and awards me a free kick, so the game has no flow. It's completely ridiculous.

Last edited:
They are using the advantage rule quite often but are pretty adamant about blowing the whistle if the advantage leads directly to a clear cut chance.

It came from my experience playing the game, i have had times when i thought the game was good but my latest experience has just been tragic. I have looked up some youtube vids to see how. I really don't want to give it about the Demo 1 business, but this game just seems to get worse. Maybe i've had my fill and all the negatives are blinding me but the last few games have been awful.:CONFUSE:

The basics of the game has gotten more complex. It's no longer enough to just constantly use the pressure button to win the ball back, just as it's no longer as easy to tiki-taka your way through the opponent ranks.

Tackling depends on several factors, such as distance between ball and player in possession, player in possession's ball retention ability, tackler's ball winning ability, position before the tackle, and distance particularly in the case of a sliding tackle.

PES2014 is the only game that actually forced me to change playing style from previous versions, and to also learn the new basics in order to enjoy the game. Read the manual, it's actually quite good and enlightening on several "issues" with the game mechanics.

I guess I need help.

I´m playing PES 2014 with the latest patch that´s not supported here in connection with jenkeys file loader.
Ingame difficulty is professional and AI level on jenkeys gameplay tool is on "2".
Playing the masterleague and what really really starts to bug me is the CPU scoring always...really ALWAYS goals out of the box.
No long range shots, but it´s like the striker dribbles near to the box, my defenders can´t get him off the ball and near to the box he makes a shot and in a chance of 99,99% the ball gets into the net and my keeper can´t parry.

Does anyone have a good recommendation in settings between ingame difficulty and AI level on the gameplay tool?
I actually don´t wanna lower the difficulty as it would be way too easy.

Please help :(

I don't really know how the tool adds difficulty, but my guess would be that Regular setting in the game and a very difficult setting with the tool would be the best combination.

The in-game setting usually add a lot of silly stuff to the game such as boosting the AI players' skills beyond realism and such. Maybe the tool doesn't, it's just a hunch.

In this game what is the best way to defend against constant sprinting? This is not a problem VS the CPU because they pass the ball frequently and don't rely much on sprinting, but in human VS human matches when the opposition sprints down the centre of the pitch or in from the wing it's hard to defend against.

When the opposition have the ball and are going into my half, I try to position my player in control to drop deeper in defence, but often the opponent still manages to weave through the defence for reasons such as it's difficult to quickly switch control of the player im currently controlling to the player who is in the best position to close down the attacker.

Another problem is, any slight mistiming of a tackle on a player, the ref gives a FK and when playing against a good player it's goal almost every time with FK's any less than around 29 yrds from goal because free kicks are so easy to score in this game.

Last edited:
Just a question.

Has someone tried to set Attack/Defence Level slider to 0 for all teams to see how does it play? Theoretically it should make teams pass the ball a lot instead of rushing forward to the attack.

Would test it myself if I hadn't uninstalled the game.

In this game what is the best way to defend against constant sprinting? This is not a problem VS the CPU because they pass the ball frequently and don't rely much on sprinting, but in human VS human matches when the opposition sprints down the centre of the pitch or in from the wing it's hard to defend against.

In regular football you don't meet and challenge a charging player "face to face" (head on, if you will) and you shouldn't in this game either. Sprint the same way he does and overtake him instead, the catch-up will ensure you'll be faster in nearly all instances.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom