PES2016 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Re: PES2016 - Discussion & Wishlists

Yeah, community mode was great in older PES games, I still remember it.

There are lots of things that were in the older PES games and got removed somehow (and many of them got already mentioned here):
  • Snow (maybe not for all stadiums but for certain ones, German ones for example) would be a nice addition. Of course it shouldn't only be cosmetic but also affect the way matches are played.
  • Kit mixing. I mean, it could be done in PES5 on a PS2 so I don't believe it would be that hard to do it also now. On the other hand, we've been allowed to add entries to the UniColor file so it shouldn't be much of a problem anymore.
  • Different scoreboards (well, in PES6 there were only different colours of the same one if I recall correctly) for different leagues. Not really necessary but still a good addition.
  • Alternate GK kits. I remember in PES5 we had two GK slots in the 0_text file for each team. I don't remember how they got used honestly (the second one would probably only be used to avoid clashing), still it was a sensible thing.
  • International Challenge from PES6 (now it would be really great seeing that we have lots of National teams more, especially from Africa/Asia). Wouldn't hurt to add some other European National teams (like Moldova, Estonia, Iceland and so on but even Latvia, Belarus, Cyprus... And what about San Marino with everyone praying to find them in the same group?) though.
  • Community: this really needs to be brought back. I mean, having all the matches against friends properly tracked would surely lead to a lot of banter/bragging and that was one of the best things I remember of older PES games.
  • Stadiums: they just used to be a lot more, didn't they? I'm not asking for every licensed team to have its own stadium but at least to have back the most famous ones, even with a fake name (Magpie Park and Red Cauldron anyone?). Also they could differentiate between different "zones" so English stadiums will have a different crowd (in terms of chants, noises, and even visually) from German ones for example, and even more different from South American ones which will use flares, confetti and so on.

This is only a list of things (and probably also incomplete) that used to be in the game and that got removed year after year.
I'm not saying that they should bring them back (and matbe all of them) immediately, but they were just nice touches that made the game more enjoyable.

Imagine if PES 2016 is a polished/improved PES 2015 (improved AI and bugfixes of course, even more freedom, proper referees), with better graphics maybe (I firmly believe they could do way better even than the current PS4 graphics, just sayin') having for example snow really impacting the way matches are played.

Last edited:

Some other suggestions:
- 3d models for managers (with editor)
- "fan view" camera (see the match from stands)
- MVP, top 11 and other awards in Konami Cup too, not only league-ML-BAL
- option to see statistics of other games (scorers, cards, valuation, etc) like in this image (this is a Photoshopped PES15 image):
2mxq5h0.jpg

- in Team editor, option to choose the language of team: if I replace a PEU League team with a Scottish/Russian/Ukrainian/etc team, currently I still hear the players speaking in German (and fans' banners are in German too)
- choreography editor
- more "effect" of derby: currently, the only effects are that, when playing a derby, a background image changes (in the calendar) and there's a full intro scene... too much little
- random league calendar! (in PES14 and PES15, the league calendar, in the first season, is ALWAYS the same unless you change the team order in League Editor...)
- separated names and surnames for players
- in PES14 and PES15 is NOT possible to see other results during half-time: why?!:BLINK:
- option to see live results of other matches (like this example)
2e188lg.jpg

And some fake screenshots I made a few months ago:
- drawings in Master League:
esuatw.jpg

1js0h4.jpg

nguiib.jpg

2143v3t.jpg

mslz4x.jpg

2lnv7fm.jpg

- manager's contract terms:
5a1bue.jpg

ea05yd.jpg

- scout selection:
x8sc3.jpg

- advanced ML settings:
dcpu6b.jpg

- simple ML menu mockup:
4h8s9y.jpg

:APPLAUD: BRAVO .
btw.. I really want Spectator Mode back ...

Wonderful ideas in there, DB.
The chance to avoid "respawn" players would really save many ML campaigns in my opinion.

I'm not saying that when Giuseppe Rossi retires there should be no more youngsters called "Rossi" in Italy, but that there shouldn't be a "G. Rossi" playing as a forward spawning exactly when the "old" G. Rossi retires or shortly after.

Things they could do: define a "pool" of sunames for every nation with their actual chance of appearing.

For example (talking about Italy) it could be like this:
  • Rossi 0,5% (meaning that roughly every 200 new players, there'll be one named "Rossi" which could be W. Rossi or F. Rossi or G. Rossi)
  • Bianchi 0,4%
  • Verdi 0,3%

{...} <- the list of thousands of different Italian surnames goes on
    _
  • Magnani 0,0001%
  • Ghini 0,00005%
  • Pausini 0,00001% (meaning that hardly any player with surname "Pausini" will appear)

They could also base on Behind the Name or similar sites for the lists, for example (even if that list isn't obviously 100% complete and it lacks Rizzitelli for example... But come on, how many football players named Rizzitelli do you know apart from the famous one?).

Last edited:

My wishlist (BAL):
- player preferred numbers in a new club
- player can choose favorite position what he like, cuz a striker is not a winger/amf

give us back the scan face mode especially as it became hard to add faces without kitserver.

player can choose favorite position what he like, cuz a striker is not a winger/amf
Obviously we should be able to choose the favourite position of our character, but keep in mind that it's the manager that decides who to play and where.
So it's perfectly legitimate that a ST is played LW/RW/CAM if the manager feels so.

Lod fix, realistic commentators. (Like fifa) and better crowds... And more...

I agree with 99% suggestions in here, would make an epic game next PES. Too bad Konami will make it worse again(at least for PC).

In addition to what's been said, i'd also suggest, make the damn master league schedule normal. I get 5 games in a row at home in the league in the first half of season, then 1 away, then 3 home again. That's stupid and unrealistic.

:THINK: almost half the year is gone and we have nothing about PES 2016. Last year there was silence again, and finally came up with a big shits and bad news, mostly for PC users. I think this year is the same, will come up with more bad news for PC gamers, or rather the lack of a PC version.

last year news were all over the web by now because 2014 wasnt selling well, now no need for the hype. E3 is the place for that

Have a horrible feeling Konami will give us a PS3 port this year for 2016, and due to complete stupidity and obsession with being 'modern' and fooling the 'Super console' money they will only bring a next gen pes to PS4 and Xbone.

I think especially with Steam setup with PES now, the game needs a PS4 port to PC this year to compete with FIFA doing the same thing and to really show the game at it's highest potential because until the PS4 and Xbone implement image sharing PES will be held back.

The game is crying out for a online based universal editor

After playing GTAV on PC I have 0 faith for whatever PES/FIFA has to offer on yet another yearly release of the same half-arsed game. Over the last 2/3 years I've become a complete casual because none of the games can keep me coming back. It just feels like I've seen it all before, game mechanics are identical and the problems are always the same.

They're both the COD of football games.

PES 2015 is finally on the right track, I have all the faith in the world the Konami will only improve in 2016 what is already a very good game.

A toast of the glass is half full to next year!

PES 2015 is finally on the right track, I have all the faith in the world the Konami will only improve in 2016 what is already a very good game.

PES 2013 was right track, PES 2014 and 2014.2 is far from the track .

The game will only get better, it's got massive potential, just how much better is the question.

I'm concerned Konami want to shot themselves in the foot and kill their PC community which will in turn kill the modding scene for all consoles and PC.

I hope they still aren't using that crap about jenkey hacking the demo in 2012. I mean have some respect, i have no idea and nobody knows whats happened to Jenkey, for all we know he might even not be with us now, i do sincerely hope he wasn't serious about him wanting to kill himself :( . We have heard nothing from him.

Konami have missed out massively in sales on the consoles because of no decent edit mode and lack of licences! The PC modding helps the console modding and no not even 'hacked consoles' not at all. Back in PES 2013, we could use w!ld@'s database editor to add hidden player faces to the game, quickly share and update databases and provide a bigger variety of patches, such a full classic patch conversion and also it made it easier for players to use the edit mode.

Finally it's not just licences which they will always come second best to FIFA which would not be an issue if the edit mode is up to scratch. A better edit mode and you will see much more interest in my club. people could have their own teams shirts and badges custom designed in Photoshop and use them online which would be a absolutely huge advantage over FIFA!

PES 2013 was right track, PES 2014 and 2014.2 is far from the track .

Pes 2013 was the best they could do with that old Pes 2008 engine, Pes 2015 is the least they could do with the new one and it already is a good game, it has a lot of potential.

I can't be too optimistic about Pes 2016 on PC knowing that KONAMI makes stupid decisions most of the time, but Pes 2015 on Steam sold much more than 100.000 copies. It's the best result yet for a Pc Pes and they gained a lot of money for an awful port. Just thinking about this they should consider giving PC users the best Pes 2016 they could offer. Imagine how much more they could sell with a good Ps4-Pc port.

Last edited:

Or they could be utterly lazy and say "if a PS3 game sold this good on PC, why should we bother to port a PS4 one and kill potential sales on PS4 (as anyone with a little sense would buy it on PC where there's the editing scene and where usually the game is cheaper)?"

Pes 2013 was the best they could do with that old Pes 2008 engine, Pes 2015 is the least they could do with the new one and it already is a good game, it has a lot of potential.

I can't be too optimistic about Pes 2016 on PC knowing that KONAMI makes stupid decisions most of the time, but Pes 2015 on Steam sold much more than 100.000 copies. It's the best result yet for a Pc Pes and they gained a lot of money for an awful port. Just thinking about this they should consider giving PC users the best Pes 2016 they could offer. Imagine how much more they could sell with a good Ps4-Pc port.

Agree 100%, great post. really nailed it there about PEs 2013 and 2015.

I loved that game but it tested the engine to it's limit. There was nothing else they could do to improve it. I love playing it but when you go back and see all the wrapping of animations you can see how the engine was at it's limit, the lack of a real time physics engine meant there was simply now way of implementing realistic transitions across the animations board.

PES 2015 on the other hand it's exactly like FIFA 08. Is the start, beginning of something special on a new engine which hasn't even remotely been tested yet!

The fact konami are using steam as mandatory for PES could be a good thing as now they can ensure they make their moneyif they do a proper PS4/ to PC port but Knowing Konami they will try to shaft us for the sake of PS4 looking better :CURSE:

Last edited:

Konami have missed out massively in sales on the consoles because of no decent edit mode and lack of licences!

Finally it's not just licences which they will always come second best to FIFA which would not be an issue if the edit mode is up to scratch. A better edit mode and you will see much more interest in my club.
I'm on the PC, I can't imagine the game needing even more editing features, PES one of the most customizable sports franchises in gaming history. I installed the PTE patch, the 40 stadium patch, made whatever player and team edits were needed using the PC editor available here, and now I'm set for the year basically. Fact: If you play on the console, you're never going to have all the editing options available to PC users.

I honestly can't think of one wishlist idea for editing, the editing options are fantastic as is. Maybe revert back to the 1-99 rating system is all.

I'm on the PC, I can't imagine the game needing even more editing features, PES one of the most customizable sports franchises in gaming history. I installed the PTE patch, the 40 stadium patch, made whatever player and team edits were needed using the PC editor available here, and now I'm set for the year basically. Fact: If you play on the console, you're never going to have all the editing options available to PC users.

I honestly can't think of one wishlist idea for editing, the editing options are fantastic as is. Maybe revert back to the 1-99 rating system is all.

On the next gen consoles there is next to nothing, you cannot import ANYTHING whatsoever no logos,not even a pixel editor, nothing. You just edit the ingame kits and that is it, all one by one. You can't even share option files.

Even on the PC it would be nice for a universal editor which can be used to import option files, thing is at least allow the PC game to essentially be a PS4 port so tools we use to edit the game can be used also to edit the Ps4 games, for example what was possible with W!ld@'s editor for 2013 and past PES games.

For online the fact of being able to build your own kit in photoshop, and logo, and play them online in MyClub would be gigantic over FIFA's Ultimate teams which you have to use everything ingame.

Konami hopefully will see sense with this.

Even on the PC it would be nice for a universal editor which can be used to import option files, thing is at least allow the PC game to essentially be a PS4 port
I'm not against ideas, ideas are great. But really, Konami already provides many times the editing options than most other games. There's a point where people simply expect too much, heck most of the people on this site can't even be bothered to use the editing options that are already available in-game. There are countless posts complaining about things like over-powered shooting and lack of crosses, when all it takes is spending a bit of time editing player ratings and abilities. The game already has more editing options than most people need or bother to use, IMO.

After playing GTAV on PC I have 0 faith for whatever PES/FIFA has to offer on yet another yearly release of the same half-arsed game. Over the last 2/3 years I've become a complete casual because none of the games can keep me coming back. It just feels like I've seen it all before, game mechanics are identical and the problems are always the same.

They're both the COD of football games.

I feel you, bro. I think exactly the same.
Even with stupid details such as dynamic weather, both EA and KONAMI have always come up with the stupidest excuses. Like specs limitations, or lack of time. That, of course, sounds so lame when you only have 22 players on the pitch, a stadium, a referee, a few people here and there and that's about it... Yet Rockstar created an endless world with pretty much no limits and yet you have rain, storms, lightening bolts, stormy dark nights turning into bright sunny days, with hundred of buildings, cars, bikes, people walking by, shit even planes, and whatever the hell you can think of. And everything just... WORKS. Feels right. Natural.

I'm tired of their excuses honestly. They take us for fools who will buy the game anyways. I think I've had enough. PES and FIFA 2016 will be the last football games I'll ever purchase unless they actually change for good. I want addictiveness back.

I think I've had enough. PES and FIFA 2016 will be the last football games I'll ever purchase unless they actually change for good. I want addictiveness back.
After 25 years of PC sports gaming, I would say that "addictive" feeling has more to do with being young than anything to do with these games. Older you get, the less important these games all are. Good thing is you learn to start appreciating them for what they do, rather than wasting time complaining about what they don't.

Last edited:

After 25 years of PC sports gaming, I would say that "addictive" feeling has more to do with being young than anything to do with these games. Older you get, the less important these games all are. Good thing is you learn to start appreciating them for what they do, rather than wasting time complaining about what they don't.

That is true too, yeah. I've thought about that.
I don't know how old you are. I'm 27. But... haven't you felt that "WOW! :SHOCK: LOOK AT THAT!" sensation whenever you play a new PES or FIFA demo every year? When you first try it and everything seems fresh and perfect (at first) and you get blown away by certain animations or little details? That's what I'm talking about. That is what takes me to the SUPER NINTENDO or PS1 days when it was like that all the time.

And I still think they can get more emotions like that from us for a longer period of time.

I mean games like LA NOIRE, GTA V, etc still make me feel like a child some times. Because they surprise me every time I play them. I refuse to think football games can't get that out from me anymore.

haven't you felt that "WOW! :SHOCK: LOOK AT THAT!" sensation whenever you play a new PES or FIFA demo every year? When you first try it and everything seems fresh and perfect (at first) and you get blown away by certain animations or little details? That's what I'm talking about.
Sure, I know what you mean, new games are exciting. Thing is, I've really enjoyed the last 2-3 FIFA and PES installments. Part of that though is being able to edit on the PC and improve whatever needs fixing. For me the editing and tweaking is half the fun. I get a lot of satisfaction out of fixing the out-of-the-box issues both games have. It's like, "Look at that, I fixed it!"

Last edited:

Sure, I know what you mean, new games are exciting. Thing is, I've really enjoyed the last 2-3 FIFA and PES installments. Part of that though is being able to edit on the PC and improve whatever needs fixing. For me the editing and tweaking is half the fun. I get a lot of satisfaction out of fixing the out-of-the-box issues both games have. It's like, "Look at that, I fixed it!"

Yeah, that's also true.
And now that you mention it, I remember spending a lot of time in the edit mode back in the PS1 days. Changing boots, hair styles, body settings and abilities. I've had as much as fun editing as I had playing those games.

Fuck, nostalgia got a hold of me now.

I feel you, bro. I think exactly the same.
Even with stupid details such as dynamic weather, both EA and KONAMI have always come up with the stupidest excuses. Like specs limitations, or lack of time. That, of course, sounds so lame when you only have 22 players on the pitch, a stadium, a referee, a few people here and there and that's about it... Yet Rockstar created an endless world with pretty much no limits and yet you have rain, storms, lightening bolts, stormy dark nights turning into bright sunny days, with hundred of buildings, cars, bikes, people walking by, shit even planes, and whatever the hell you can think of. And everything just... WORKS. Feels right. Natural.

I'm tired of their excuses honestly. They take us for fools who will buy the game anyways. I think I've had enough. PES and FIFA 2016 will be the last football games I'll ever purchase unless they actually change for good. I want addictiveness back.

i find it ironic because GTA has nice graphical features but the storyline is crap, the missions are easy and stupid, you kill way too many people too easily, there should be less enemies and harder AI, repetitive, very crass and boring.

GTA is just all about nice graphics these days for me, the wow factor is dead to me for that game.

Angus is 100% right, when you start to mature games like GTA don't wow you anymore like they did when you where 12/13. It's not that you can't find it fun, it's more there are so many great things in this word to do than shoot people in super HD graphics.

Football games are underwhelming but i couldn't care too much about what if i'm a football person, i'm married to the game, that's it really.

Last edited:

Fuck, nostalgia got a hold of me now.
The best times I had playing these games was with my friends, all-nighters on Friday nights then getting up at 10-11 am Saturday and starting all over again. Now my idea of good times is going to bed at a decent hour and getting a good night's sleep, lol.

Some other suggestions:
- 3d models for managers (with editor)
- "fan view" camera (see the match from stands)
- MVP, top 11 and other awards in Konami Cup too, not only league-ML-BAL
- option to see statistics of other games (scorers, cards, valuation, etc) like in this image (this is a Photoshopped PES15 image):
2mxq5h0.jpg

- in Team editor, option to choose the language of team: if I replace a PEU League team with a Scottish/Russian/Ukrainian/etc team, currently I still hear the players speaking in German (and fans' banners are in German too)
- choreography editor
- more "effect" of derby: currently, the only effects are that, when playing a derby, a background image changes (in the calendar) and there's a full intro scene... too much little
- random league calendar! (in PES14 and PES15, the league calendar, in the first season, is ALWAYS the same unless you change the team order in League Editor...)
- separated names and surnames for players
- in PES14 and PES15 is NOT possible to see other results during half-time: why?!:BLINK:
- option to see live results of other matches (like this example)
2e188lg.jpg

And some fake screenshots I made a few months ago:
- drawings in Master League:
esuatw.jpg

1js0h4.jpg

nguiib.jpg

2143v3t.jpg

mslz4x.jpg

2lnv7fm.jpg

- manager's contract terms:
5a1bue.jpg

ea05yd.jpg