PES 2011 Demo impressions

Same here. Long diagonal balls into space are much better this time.
But the standard short ground passing gives me a lot of trouble at this moment. On the other hand, when you do get a few passes right, it gives you a great feeling.

Shooting feels very floaty at this moment.

I have trouble getting through balls right when they are not straight ahead

pes feeling?

Honestly..

It failed to click for me today ..
Maybe the problem is with me or with my ps3 :)

After playing pes6 extensively over the weekend with a friend and hammering WE 2011, PES 2011 and FIFA 11 demo today for 6 hours..

This is not the good pes feeling.

This is exactly a pes 2010 with some new animations and freeed up passing..

That's all for me, not less, not more

Best pes yet, no way, best football game ever, no way
Best next gen pes, yes, but it means not too much, you know.

Actually I enjoyed FIFA 11 demo better today, but I enjoyed pes6 better, than both of them ;)

Game has serious flaws in ballancing again.. Maybe I'm a speed whore but the player speeds are not realistic and way too much favoring the defening team.. There should be more realistic ways to make attacking harder..

Referees are way too strict, advantage rule is almost not existing (I have seen once in about 20 games in an unimporant situation)

I cannot see the effect of the tons of new animations either, it still looks rather stiff.

Finally some words about presentation,
Menus are nice.. wow

The in game gfx is not bad, lighting is good, but the lack of AA makes it look really horrible on the ps3. Jaggies all over the place.

I checked it against WE 2010 and it looks worse.

Frame rate in replays and cut scenes are rather low, replays are blurred and textures has low depth of field

Sound effects on pitch are unrealistic, too loud and dull, crowd is lifeless and the list goes on.

Not to mention the nets..

Again: it's only my opinion, but the overall production values of this game is below average again. It has some basic gameplay things laid down properly, but the rest is very sad..

I expect a very low 80s or high 70s metascore from critics this year.

You cannot make a special game tweaking a broken engine.. I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel after 4 years..

I have 3 main issues with the demo that for me can be potentially gamebreaking:

1- Switching system is very bad when defending as you are unable to track down runners with your defender. A system like FIFA's switching system (using the Right Analogue Stick) could solve the problem.

2- Players not claiming lose balls: I've often passed the ball to a player and the power up on the pass has not been enough, but it is absolutely possible and logical for the player to come a little backwards to claim the loose pass, yet he keeps running the other direction. AI bug?

3- Shooting is way too easy in this game. Also for some weird reason it is easier for me to score from 30 yards out in an unbalanced situation in a tight angle than 1-on-1 against goalkeeper! Oh and don't get me started on bicycle kicks. :(

4- Tackles from behind are too frequent. Almost every time I'm trying to build up CPU tackles me from behind. Other problems I've witnessed are when players stay too long in an offside position. Also movement is still not 360, but I can live with it for now as it is more than 8 for sure. Would have been nicer if controls were more responsive as well but after PES 2010, still they have done a very good job. Advantage rule sucks big time too.

One addition I really liked:

1- Delay tactics (defence): Brilliant addition, especially Delay(2). Can't get enough of it!

Re: pes feeling?

Game has serious flaws in ballancing again.. Maybe I'm a speed whore but the player speeds are not realistic and way too much favoring the defening team.. There should be more realistic ways to make attacking harder..

This for me is a simulation, speeding all the time is not football at all.
And all the other lows you mention can be improved, but not gamebreaking at all...

Actually I enjoyed FIFA 11 demo better today, but I enjoyed pes6 better, than both of them ;)
Actually I didn't like the FIFA demo at all. Ping-pong still exists, it is only a tad harder to pull off and provides the easiest cheap way to score by just performing a couple of one-two's. For some reason the AI wins physical 'jostling' battles against me most of the time (I'm playing Legendary, maybe that is the reason).

But I'm impressed with the AI. Off-line mode is actually fun after the annoying AI in the World Cup game. What is more important is that defenders are much more aware of passes, closing down runners etc. which to me is the biggest improvement in FIFA this year. Personality+ and Pro-Passing were not as noticeable as I would have imagined (I think player individuality is much more pronounced in PES than FIFA, and so is the passing system, although still not perfect).

I'm loving this demo. The game is much more polished and smoother than the MLO beta, with plenty of new animations here and there and some graphical enhancements.

For all it's faults and niggles PES2011 has so much variety and character on the field, as well as a hugely rewarding tactical depth, both factors that will keep me playing this for many months. The rival game may have the style but PES2011 has the substance. In abundance.

PES2011 is a fantastically well-balanced football experience. Every game is interesting, even the 0-0's. This really is the best recreation of football on current-gen consoles, no doubt about it in my opinion. Playing the Fifa11 demo has confirmed it for me. Seabass and his team understand football and how it should translate into a compelling video game. All he needed was the resources to make the leap onto next-gen.

Better late than never.

I was feeling very tired, and decided it was time for bed, until I clicked on Game Plan by accident, and saw D'Alessandro was on a Red:CONFUSE:

............'One more game..................'

Last edited:
got a bit annoyed seeing how it was rated by users on xbox live (the demo) 3 and half stars out of five while fifa 11 is in 1st place in the top rated demo category. dont get it at all.

got a bit annoyed seeing how it was rated by users on xbox live (the demo) 3 and half stars out of five while fifa 11 is in 1st place in the top rated demo category. dont get it at all.

Of course FIFA would be rated higher by the majority, it is more noob-friendly, it is easier to learn, and it may also be a better game.

Gotta love playing this on the PC with the time extender on (extended to 45 mins :LOL:) and no shitty video at the end :SMUG:

I like 3 things in this demo :

1- Passing is great

2- The new defensive system (DELAY) is brilliant.

3- gameplay is smother than pes2010

I have 3 main issues with the demo :

1- Switching system is bad

2- AI Player not claiming lose balls he keeps walking the other direction not aware he is the nearest to the ball

3- Somethings are missing in STRATEGIES "PRESSING" and "ALL DEFENSE"

4- I can't find "PLAYERS INDEX" in "FORMATION" or in "FORMATION A,B"

In General :

I love it. PES 2011 is a new experience and challenge

I like 3 things in this demo :

1- Passing is great ✓

2- The new defensive system (DELAY) is brilliant. ✓ very true Baixinho

3- gameplay is smother than pes2010 ✓ (but could be smoother)

I have 3 main issues with the demo :

1- Switching system is bad ✓ (bring on RAS switching please)

2- AI Player not claiming lose balls he keeps walking the other direction not aware he is the nearest to the ball ✓ (very annoying)

I'd also like to add that shooting is not in a very good state right now, as I said before, "Shooting is way too easy in this game. Also for some weird reason it is easier for me to score from 30 yards out in an unbalanced situation in a tight angle than 1-on-1 against goalkeeper! Oh and don't get me started on bicycle kicks."

well...

with d-pad I can play very nice offensiv football with like 6-8 passes with no defender ever coming to the ball at all and than shot! Also dribbling is much more easier cause your player isn't slowed down when you mistakely made a more than 45 degree turn cause you aren't able to do them when playing d-pad.

But with the analog stick I can't get it to work at all -.-

Otherwise defending with the d-pad seems impossible cause you can only move 8 ways and can't really keep pressing an attacker who can move 16ways :/

I tried switching all the time but it sucked ^^

I have 3 main issues with the demo that for me can be potentially gamebreaking:

1- Switching system is very bad when defending as you are unable to track down runners with your defender. A system like FIFA's switching system (using the Right Analogue Stick) could solve the problem.

2- Players not claiming lose balls: I've often passed the ball to a player and the power up on the pass has not been enough, but it is absolutely possible and logical for the player to come a little backwards to claim the loose pass, yet he keeps running the other direction. AI bug?

3- Shooting is way too easy in this game. Also for some weird reason it is easier for me to score from 30 yards out in an unbalanced situation in a tight angle than 1-on-1 against goalkeeper! Oh and don't get me started on bicycle kicks. :(

4- Tackles from behind are too frequent. Almost every time I'm trying to build up CPU tackles me from behind. Other problems I've witnessed are when players stay too long in an offside position. Also movement is still not 360, but I can live with it for now as it is more than 8 for sure. Would have been nicer if controls were more responsive as well but after PES 2010, still they have done a very good job. Advantage rule sucks big time too.

Exactly what i noticed too

Last edited:

Honestly..

It failed to click for me today ..
Maybe the problem is with me or with my ps3 :)

After playing pes6 extensively over the weekend with a friend and hammering WE 2011, PES 2011 and FIFA 11 demo today for 6 hours..

This is not the good pes feeling.

This is exactly a pes 2010 with some new animations and freeed up passing..

That's all for me, not less, not more

Best pes yet, no way, best football game ever, no way
Best next gen pes, yes, but it means not too much, you know.

Referees are way too strict, advantage rule is almost not existing (I have seen once in about 20 games in an unimporant situation)

I cannot see the effect of the tons of new animations either, it still looks rather stiff.

Finally some words about presentation,
Menus are nice.. wow

The in game gfx is not bad, lighting is good, but the lack of AA makes it look really horrible on the ps3. Jaggies all over the place.

I checked it against WE 2010 and it looks worse.

Frame rate in replays and cut scenes are rather low, replays are blurred and textures has low depth of field

Sound effects on pitch are unrealistic, too loud and dull, crowd is lifeless and the list goes on.

Not to mention the nets..

Again: it's only my opinion, but the overall production values of this game is below average again. It has some basic gameplay things laid down properly, but the rest is very sad..

I expect a very low 80s or high 70s metascore from critics this year.

You cannot make a special game tweaking a broken engine.. I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel after 4 years..

Totally agree... i still be a PES fan.. But, it's the first time i realize that there's not much evolution on PES. The graphics, OMG!.. i always said, PES is better than Fifa.. today i played Fifa 11 DEMO, and i stay with my mouth open.:SHOCK:. WTF!! It's amazing.. graphics, the gameplay.. i use to play football every saturday, and i know how the ball feels, how the ball float in the air.. the curving.. Fifa 11, it's pure simulation, honestly.

Goalkeepers were made to be unstoppable in Fifa 10 because it was too easy to get into goalscoring situations.
Now that they've been toned down to a realistic level in Fifa 11 if the game doesn't consistently end up with games with more than 6 goals a game i'll be surprised.

Goalies unstoppable in FIFA 10? I don't think so, chipping them was a piece of cake, as was every one-on-one situations. But I remember you could rarely score against them from behind the box (unless it was a free-kick, which was a walk in the park)

Totally agree... i still be a PES fan.. But, it's the first time i realize that there's not much evolution on PES. The graphics, OMG!.. i always said, PES is better than Fifa.. today i played Fifa 11 DEMO, and i stay with my mouth open.:SHOCK:. WTF!! It's amazing.. graphics, the gameplay.. i use to play football every saturday, and i know how the ball feels, how the ball float in the air.. the curving.. Fifa 11, it's pure simulation, honestly.

If you think fifa 11 demo is better compared to pes you must like shit football games. I think fifa 10 and WC are better than fifa 11. EA surely have fucked this year right up.

I've been playing every Fifa game (including Euro and WC) and trust me, pure simulation it is not. It misses basic things like proper first touch, individuality, wrong foot accuracy etc. But it does play a good game of football, and you should definitely give it a go :) But don't say I didn't warn you!

If you think fifa 11 demo is better compared to pes you must like shit football games. I think fifa 10 and WC are better than fifa 11. EA surely have fucked this year right up.

In terms of graphics, sound and animations no doubt FIFA wins. I don't understand why you think FIFA 10 and WC were better than FIFA 11. Ping-pong is doable but much harder, defensive AI is improved a lot as well.

I gotta say I like one thing about PES that I would not change for anything FIFA has, and its how varied your games, your goals and your experience can be every time you play a match. In FIFA your goals always look the same, '1-2 1-2 bang goal'. Crossing is pretty pointless so are long balls, you have to play on the ground. In PES you have everything at your disposal, you want to play possession, short passes, long balls, shooting, you name it. That is what sold me to PES.

In terms of graphics, sound and animations no doubt FIFA wins. I don't understand why you think FIFA 10 and WC were better than FIFA 11. Ping-pong is doable but much harder, defensive AI is improved a lot as well.

I gotta say I like one thing about PES that I would not change for anything FIFA has, and its how varied your games, your goals and your experience can be every time you play a match. In FIFA your goals always look the same, '1-2 1-2 bang goal'. Crossing is pretty pointless so are long balls, you have to play on the ground. In PES you have everything at your disposal, you want to play possession, short passes, long balls, shooting, you name it. That is what sold me to PES.

I dont agree with the FIFA graphics being better. PES graphics are still ahead, even with the need of AA in the graphics system.... animations are better in FIFA but not a lot better like past year...

I never bought FIFA since "Fifa Road To World Cup 98". I Play Winning Eleven since the first.
I always "defended" the PES gameplay. Don't know why some people can't accept, that PES gameplay today it's no more than an OK. The graphics are too similar than Pes 2009.
Fifa surprise me, and i know, i used wrong words, it's not pure simulation, but i think it's very acceptable.
I always bought PES. But today I'm going to buy both. (Here in Argentina with my friends play PES).

I dont agree with the FIFA graphics being better. PES graphics are still ahead, even with the need of AA in the graphics system

Well I play 1680x1050 on PC, max settings and find FIFA 11 on Xbox more pleasing to my eye. It is a personal thing and one of those debates that never goes anywhere!:P

I never bought FIFA since "Fifa Road To World Cup 98". I Play Winning Eleven since the first.
I always "defended" the PES gameplay. Don't know why some people can't accept, that PES gameplay today it's no more than an OK. The graphics are too similar than Pes 2009.
Fifa surprise me, and i know, i used wrong words, it's not pure simulation, but i think it's very acceptable.
I always bought PES. But today I'm going to buy both. (Here in Argentina with my friends play PES).

Good old FIFA 98, probably the most complete FIFA to date!

On the topic, I'm surprised why you didn't buy FIFA last year because in my opinion the difference between the quality of the two games was much more pronounced last year. I really hated PES 2010 so much I went on and bought my first console after 14 years only to play FIFA 10:

FIFA 96 (PC)
FIFA 97 (PC)
FIFA 98 (PC)
FIFA 99 (PC)
FIFA 2000 (PC)
FIFA 2001 (PC)
FIFA 2002 (PC)
FIFA 2003 (PC)
FIFA 2004 (PC)
FIFA 2005 (PC)
FIFA 2006 (PC)
FIFA 2007 (PC)
FIFA 08 (PC)
PES 2008 (PC)
FIFA 09 (PC)
PES 2009 (PC)
FIFA 10 (360)
FIFA 11 (360)
PES 2011 (PC)

I use to be a die hard FIFA fan until I got my hands on winning eleven on ps1 since then I've played every single Winning Eleven or Pro Evo game thats come out. My friends say FIFA like this or like that but I can't see what the fuss is all about.

I played two games on FIFA 2011 world class and draw one and won second one but when put Pro Evo 2011 on world class flippin hell, I got battered 3-0 wtf couldn't believe it. I'm gonna have lots of fun with new PES 2011.

Another thing PES same on all platforms but FIFA absolutely sucks on PC.

FIFA nothing but modded version of PES with licensed clubs (who gives a shiit).

Coming from playing all manual controls on FIFA I'm really struggling with the level of control and freedom in the demo. The PES website says something like "Engineered for Freedom" but I don't feel this at all at the moment - the CPU assistance too frequently picks out the wrong player for my passes and for a couple goals I've scored it felt more like the CPU did the work than me.

I'm not giving up on pes 2011 - there's still so much wrong with FIFA - but I'm also not so sure people aren't being just a little premature in claiming the king is back. After FIFA brought us total freedom and control, anything less feels last gen.

FIFA probably has total control of passes and shots, but not total control of players, which PES does have IMHO.
What about individuality in FIFA?

I figure this would be one of the best places to ask so...

Could anyone please tell me how to download from Xbox marketplace.
I have looked around thoroughly, even went to xbox360.com site to download the file remotely to the xbox and when i try that way, I get an error saying i need a 25 character redeem code yet i am a gold member.

Any help besides wait another day..i think i have been pretty patient!!!

Played both demos a fair bit and don't really understand how anybody could think fifa is a more realistic game. Swapping the centre backs with the strikers makes absolutely no difference to anything. As for pes, a huge improvement from the past couple of years. The passing is excellent and dribbling takes alot more skill, which is definately a good thing. Putting my critical hat on there are probably too many scissor kicks and please tell me i can remove the player name from the cpu players heads in the full game. Its doing my head in!

Back
Top Bottom