The Last Of Us

The most amazing detail I saw was when you play with Ellie, press select and check the stuff on her backpack

pleas tell me whats in there, i dont have a save from that "level"

As for the ending...
anyone who doesnt get Joel's motive for his selfish decision, missed the whole point of the story. The point of the intro of this game was so the player can understand Joel's decision at the end. By the end of the game you see what the human race is capable of and you can't help but think "Are we really worth saving?" To sacrifice a charming little girl for the sake of saving the filth of the human race just doesn't sit right with Joel especially after losing his daughter.
...BUT what about a story where Joel's daughter wouldnt die by gunfire but only turned into a monster...fit that into the story and lets find out how would Joel act in the end that way or let the game to you decide

i hope the sequel is a stand alone story about the break out on another part of the world but for sure is it related to another characters in this game

Last edited:
thx for the vid
The most amazing detail I saw was when you play with Ellie, press select and check the stuff on her backpack

the robo part, actually u can see it guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWLWDhYgGbg

btw i thought Ellen Page plays Ellie :CONFUSE:

F8CjJ8J.jpg

ellie-vs-ellen-page.jpg

c6c17740c85a1cf76fd7125d67b6b23f.jpg

even after ND made some changes to not get sued she still looks a lot like her

Last edited:
OK, finally finished this last night - 21hrs 6mins on "Normal" (don't laugh).

A fantastic experience. Probably my favourite ever gaming experience although I'm not sure I will play it again but that's just me and non-footy games.

Now for the ending:

I agree with what everyone has said - Ellie knew Joel was lying.

However, I was more than a little disappointed with the ending.

I was expecting a massive twist at the end.

When Ellie had explained away some strange noises early on in the story I wondered if she was fighting the infection and would eventually turn and Joel would have to either kill her or leave her to live as an infected.

While I can appreciate the depth of the actual ending - Joel's selfishness/love for Ellie (as a replacement daughter) versus his desire to save civilisation - I felt it was too subtle.

As for a sequel - yeah, with it ending how it did, both characters should now be left alone. Or a new character comes looking for Ellie.

If it had gone the way I expected (Ellie to become infected) then a decent sequel would have been for Joel to learn of a way to cure infection, go hunting for that and then once successful, to go looking for Ellie with a cure for infection.

so you think too that sacraficing Ellie's life would worth saving the filthy humanity, the people who was trying to kill you by sight trough out the whole game? tho Ellie wanted this still but a loving family...love ...worth much more to her too as she was chasing Joel's love through the entire story

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Rockstar wont simply abandon one of their biggest successes, so I guess we all take for granted they are already working on it and probably will land in next gen consoles in a couple of years. Who knows, Any other scenario seems absurdly wrong.

It was confirmed some time ago they're working on an RDR2 I believe:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1481240/red_dead_redemption_2_rockstar_confirms_sequel.html

Red Dead Redemption 2: Rockstar Confirms Sequel

Dave Cook

Red Dead Redemption is getting a sequel, Rockstar has confirmed in a new Q&A session on the developer's official blog. More details here.

Published on Jul 12, 2012

Red Dead Redemption's long-rumoured follow-up is happening, Rockstar has confirmed in a new instalment of the studio's 'Asked and Asnwered' blog.

Rockstar received the question, "All I wanna know is is there goin to be a new Red Dead game any time soon?" over Facebook.

The studio responded with, "We love Red Dead too – and are thrilled that so many of you loved John Marston’s tale and are excited for more epic Western action."

"As we mentioned in our last set of Asked & Answereds to similar questions about the future of other game franchises like Bully and L.A. Noire, we don’t always rush to make sequels but that does not mean that we won’t get to them eventually."

"Stay tuned for further announcements about the future of the Red Dead series."

Back in April, NowGamer reported accounts from a 'Rockstar Insider' that the new Red Dead game will be called Red Dead Rebellion. Check out the details here.

So while it's not a concrete announcement it's very strong hints :)

Also a Bully2 coming which is great as the first was a lot of fun :)

Red Dead 2 would be like Last of Us 2, I would not want it, at least if it uses characters we've seen before.
If they use only the same basics of the game though, minus characters and stories, I might give both a chance, but they will have to be tremendously good.
The main characters for both games should be always in our memories/hearts. :LOVE:

It was confirmed some time ago they're working on an RDR2 I believe

How have I missed this news?!

That's fantastic! Can't wait.

It's worth remembering this will actually be the 3rd Red Dead game, though I never played the PS2 game.

Red Dead 2 would be like Last of Us 2, I would not want it, at least if it uses characters we've seen before.
If they use only the same basics of the game though, minus characters and stories, I might give both a chance, but they will have to be tremendously good.
The main characters for both games should be always in our memories/hearts. :LOVE:

rdr could use a prequel though, last of us is a game that needs no sequel.

sold my copy today with just a couple of hours into it

not felt this once, not up to the hype in my books. still a solid game.

Yeah definitely didn't become great until you got really in to it.... Then it just seemed to constantly get better over and over as you'd advance.

The game hooked me from the opening scene to be honest. But the story really gets going once you team up with Ellie.

rdr could use a prequel though, last of us is a game that needs no sequel.

Oh yea there is Red Dead Revolver, but I dont even know what is it about, a prequel without the Marstons and on an earlier set like Placebo said would be great.

Now back on topic, I got hooked right from the start as well. The thing I absolutely hate its the multiplayer though, its a campfest. I can't even have fun with friends, everything feels so unbalanced.

The multiplayer should have been more like state of decay. Trying to survive in a large open world stumbling into other survivors who can attack or trade or join you and then throw in some watchdogs style Invading other players games options for stealing food from each other and supplies with the infected as a backdrop to it and random attacks from them.

Is this game really as good as they say? Like revolutionary good? I just realized today that games like fifa and pro evo don't have that wow factor for me anymore so I sold them.

The multiplayer should have been more like state of decay. Trying to survive in a large open world stumbling into other survivors who can attack or trade or join you and then throw in some watchdogs style Invading other players games options for stealing food from each other and supplies with the infected as a backdrop to it and random attacks from them.

You mean days? Hehe

Back
Top Bottom