Move assistance: none
Passing power assistance: off
Pass assistant: manual
Through ball Assist: manual
Shot assistant: semi
Cross assistant: semi
Lob pass Assist: manual
Save assistance: assisted

If you try you should change the pass error for the CPU (must be higher minimum 55). But it depends on your skills?. If it is "too easy" use-acceleration 48/50 and cpu are direct and extremely aggressive.

So, Patch Update 1.07 has given me a bit of a challenge. I dedicated myself to modify some things, in order to get a really solid game, like I have bene before the patch update.

Here are my findings, and the update to the set, feel free to try it. Thanks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFHdkjDzKrg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z26Apq8nt3c

World Class only tested so far, 10-15 minutes.

Sprint: 52/52
Accel: 48/48
Shot Error: 52/52
Pass Error: 62/62
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 38/38
Injury Freq: 70/70
Injury Sev: 60/60
GK Ability: 48/48
Marking: 68/68
Run Freq: 1/1
Height :60/60
Length: 50/40
Width: 52/52
FB Pos: 100/100
FT Control: 75/75

Last edited:
Great sliders Matt. For the first time in a Fifa game I had to put my foot on the ball and look for somebody to pass to as the marking seemed a lot better, though I think that had something to do with the slower pass speed too.

I'm using them on the "tele" camera which seems to give the players more inertia.

Thanks for the sliders Matt :))

I just played a game on World Class, 15 mins, Manual Shooting, but I have to have assisted passing as it ruins it for me when I can't do a good one yard pass.

I was QPR v Brighton and we won 3-2, we actually scored 3 penalties, Hoillett with a hatrick and was given the ball by the ref. The AI certainly does more fouls after the patch. I really enjoyed this game.

I can't understand why the high percentage passing rate for the AI is such an issue for some. I just ignore that stat because Brighton had 90% passing but did not pass that well so it may be an error in the stats.

One of the best matches I've played so far, thanks to the new patch and Matt's sliders :))

For anyone wondering, I'm on PS4.

So, Patch Update 1.07 has given me a bit of a challenge. I dedicated myself to modify some things, in order to get a really solid game, like I have bene before the patch update.

Here are my findings, and the update to the set, feel free to try it. Thanks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFHdkjDzKrg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z26Apq8nt3c

Have to admit I was very frustrated when this patch came out, but great work again matt, also reducing the passing speed that low has made the better passers stand out even more, good stuff.

Thanks guys for trying out the sliders. I made some very small, personal adjustments, and it may not be for everybody - but I am sticking with them.

Accel 46/48 (I personally got sick of the being able to glide past the CPU with ease. Not saying this is the absolute fix, but it does result in more physicality more than anything.

If you're okay with sacrificing the "faulty" stamina gauge (I can feel my players fatigue, I don't need to see it on a bar), then try the adjustments I'm testing.

Shot Speed 52/52 (better keeper animations, less backward save)
Shot Error 55/55 (personal preference, shots just look so good with plenty of variety, and still fantastic goals can be scored)
GK Ability 51/51 (aggressive keepers and less backward save animations)
Run Freq 10/20 (increased since I forgot length was lowered, so now there needs to be more runs off the ball, and it pairs up very nicely with the acceleration discrepancy)

Everything else is 1.07 update.

Archive of the matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYSdDs_LFrU

Havent touched the game more than a month ago. My brother came over today, i updated the Moddingway mod on my vanilla FIFA, used my latest sliders and cl.ini man...fun challenging football we had simulating the pre-season games.

I cant remember playing so much with any PES from 2009 to 2013, the latter PES games are no goes, FIFA 14 was decent but had op headers, FIFA 15 was a skip but this FIFA...i think its a benchmark after PES 6 for me.

I think ill do fine with this footy for one more year. Passing is off here and there, players sometime run away from the loose ball and tactics needs to be set up but its the most decent footy in the past 9-10 yrs imo.

Thanks guys for trying out the sliders. I made some very small, personal adjustments, and it may not be for everybody - but I am sticking with them.
This is the second time in a row we've made very similar updates to our own sliders, that gives me faith that I'm not just seeing things! :)

I'm finding that players aren't tiring enough, though, and it means I never have to rotate my squad. It's not caused by the sliders, but I was wondering - do you find you can increase the fatigue effect with them? Or even the game speed setting?

I'd settle for a slightly slower/faster game than I'd like, if it means that I'm left having to play with some reserves every now and then...

Acceleration is the slider that directly affects stamina, raise it to like 55+ and you'll see a huge increase in fatigue but of course it ruins the gameplay to have acceleration that high :(

Acceleration is the slider that directly affects stamina, raise it to like 55+ and you'll see a huge increase in fatigue but of course it ruins the gameplay to have acceleration that high :(
Ah bugger, I've got the acceleration set to 49 at the moment - any higher than that and you see some pretty crazy ducking-and-weaving.

Never mind. :(

Correct, that darn acceleration slider is the worst. 46 has been the best for me, but yea - no fatigue whatsoever. I personally feel like you can "feel" the fatigue settle in, but the stamina bar says otherwise.

My only validation of doing this is knowing that FIFA have messed up other indicators such as passing % being so high when it's actually 10% less of what it should be. The problem is, the game counts a completed pass even if the player controls it, deflects off an opponent, and regains it back. Counts as another pass completed. Go figure.

IF u play on PC, fatiuge is in cmsettings.ini

[FITNESS]
ENABLED=1
PLAYER_MAXENERGY=100
PLAYER_MIN_OVERALL_FOR_NEWS=75
ENERGY_THRESHOLD_FOR_FATIGUED_EMAIL=50
NUM_DAYS_FOR_LONG_TERM_INJURY=14
CONSTANT=6.0

// 0 - 33
BASE_DAY_1_1=60
BASE_DAY_1_2=30
BASE_DAY_1_3=15
BASE_DAY_1_4=15
BASE_DAY_1_5=15
BASE_DAY_1_6=15
BASE_DAY_1_7=15
BASE_DAY_1_8=15
BASE_DAY_1_9=15
BASE_DAY_1_10=15

// 33 - 66
BASE_DAY_2_1=50
BASE_DAY_2_2=25
BASE_DAY_2_3=10
BASE_DAY_2_4=10
BASE_DAY_2_5=10
BASE_DAY_2_6=10
BASE_DAY_2_7=10
BASE_DAY_2_8=10
BASE_DAY_2_9=10
BASE_DAY_2_10=10

// 66 - 100
BASE_DAY_3_1=40
BASE_DAY_3_2=20
BASE_DAY_3_3=10
BASE_DAY_3_4=10
BASE_DAY_3_5=10
BASE_DAY_3_6=10
BASE_DAY_3_7=10
BASE_DAY_3_8=10
BASE_DAY_3_9=10
BASE_DAY_3_10=10

//TOURNAMENT RECOVERY DATES - same for the length of tournament
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_1=60
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_2=30
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_3=15
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_4=15
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_5=15
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_6=15
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_7=15
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_8=15
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_9=15
TOURNAMENT_BASE_DAY_10=15

Well that does nothing for during the match though so for me it's absolutely pointless, I've tweaked that before and sure it's a little better as you're forced to rotate your squad but playing matches where you never have to sub off a player is shit :(

This is the second time in a row we've made very similar updates to our own sliders, that gives me faith that I'm not just seeing things! :)

I'm finding that players aren't tiring enough, though, and it means I never have to rotate my squad. It's not caused by the sliders, but I was wondering - do you find you can increase the fatigue effect with them? Or even the game speed setting?

I'd settle for a slightly slower/faster game than I'd like, if it means that I'm left having to play with some reserves every now and then...

Could you please post your current sliders Chris?

Well that does nothing for during the match though so for me it's absolutely pointless, I've tweaked that before and sure it's a little better as you're forced to rotate your squad but playing matches where you never have to sub off a player is shit :(

for me its workin 100% i tweaked these to have fatigue in tournament mode where u only play league games...in 2014, is it broken since then?
i assumed its not bc i managed to turn off "showers" aswell from weather

Actually I changed match fatigue by setting FATIGUE=50 and MAXENERGY=1000 on cl.ini. It works fine for me. Although only works in PC.

Actually I changed match fatigue by setting FATIGUE=50 and MAXENERGY=1000 on cl.ini. It works fine for me. Although only works in PC.

Yes it works in the sense that after a match players recover their fitness much slower (I agree default is too fast as you barely need to rotate Saturday/Tuesday for example), perhaps I didn't make the point overly clearly, for me that's not an acceptable solution to the core problem of there should be significantly more match tiredness :) All it needs is a stamina slider that'd do me fine, but then we've been saying for years that we need at minimum two new sliders, stamina and aggression but they never listen, the last new slider was first touch and that was Fifa 13 or 14 I think?

Yes it works in the sense that after a match players recover their fitness much slower (I agree default is too fast as you barely need to rotate Saturday/Tuesday for example), perhaps I didn't make the point overly clearly, for me that's not an acceptable solution to the core problem of there should be significantly more match tiredness :) All it needs is a stamina slider that'd do me fine, but then we've been saying for years that we need at minimum two new sliders, stamina and aggression but they never listen, the last new slider was first touch and that was Fifa 13 or 14 I think?
I'd also like a positional strictness slider, a player intelligence slider, and a CPU cheatiness slider... Even better, separate sliders for each third of the pitch (e.g. defensive positioning, midfielder positioning)...

But I imagine all of this stuff lets you break the game, and they're not willing to spend QA time testing it when FUT earns them more money, and they don't want to give us this stuff for someone to then make a video saying "look how broken this game is, my defenders all ran into the net like idiots lol" and put people off buying it.

Haven't played FIFA in a long long time,never been a FIFA player,always been PES.
Gave up playing in Feb I think,and started up my FIFA a month ago or so.
With sliders pre latest patch,well that was an adventure...
Anyway,as always good work with new slider settings,tried them out vs Bolton with Sunderland in one of my careers,plays better now,with new settings,than it played before.
Did set the 46/48 acc aswell.
But it felt like I had no acc at all,game felt very good in other aspects,but the acc...

Few other things Matt,great job as always.
And I've only played one game,Leg/15 min manual.
No long balls,that has been a issue all game long right?
Outside shooting from CPU,mind that I only played one game,also non existent.
Fixes for that?
Or is that something we'd have to live with?
Like I said,one game in only

Haven't played FIFA in a long long time,never been a FIFA player,always been PES.
Gave up playing in Feb I think,and started up my FIFA a month ago or so.
With sliders pre latest patch,well that was an adventure...
Anyway,as always good work with new slider settings,tried them out vs Bolton with Sunderland in one of my careers,plays better now,with new settings,than it played before.
Did set the 46/48 acc aswell.
But it felt like I had no acc at all,game felt very good in other aspects,but the acc...

Few other things Matt,great job as always.
And I've only played one game,Leg/15 min manual.
No long balls,that has been a issue all game long right?
Outside shooting from CPU,mind that I only played one game,also non existent.
Fixes for that?
Or is that something we'd have to live with?
Like I said,one game in only

This 1.07 patch has been a bit of a frustrating slider bout. I think I got it figured out though, updates will be minimal, have to make some sacrifices for defensive positioning sake, should have a video out for it this week.

For the lack of shooting, I've determined higher shot error is key. Unlike FIFA 14, where you increased it, the CPU would not want to shoot at all, FIFA 16 (1.07) depends on it being higher, or seems to be at least. I like 55 shot error and 52 shot speed right now. GK at 51 as well. Seeing some great attempts, but I really want to see more variety as GK is such a tricky balance. Too low and they're not aggressive out of the box, and they won't get out of the 6-yard box. Too high and they catch everything.

So, 1.07 is a balancing act, I was really content with 1.06 - just didn't want to still be testing things again. Amazing we've had this many patch updates. Wish it wouldn't affect gameplay every time, but it obviously does.

This 1.07 patch has been a bit of a frustrating slider bout. I think I got it figured out though, updates will be minimal, have to make some sacrifices for defensive positioning sake, should have a video out for it this week.

For the lack of shooting, I've determined higher shot error is key. Unlike FIFA 14, where you increased it, the CPU would not want to shoot at all, FIFA 16 (1.07) depends on it being higher, or seems to be at least. I like 55 shot error and 52 shot speed right now. GK at 51 as well. Seeing some great attempts, but I really want to see more variety as GK is such a tricky balance. Too low and they're not aggressive out of the box, and they won't get out of the 6-yard box. Too high and they catch everything.

So, 1.07 is a balancing act, I was really content with 1.06 - just didn't want to still be testing things again. Amazing we've had this many patch updates. Wish it wouldn't affect gameplay every time, but it obviously does.
Yes sir, I figured out that this patch was a pain in the...considering I saw a lot of changes from previous sliders on 1.06.
Like I said,plays good.

I wasn't a fan of this update at first but I've got to say, looking at the facts (not "feel" or anything subjective), I'm seeing much more variety in the scorelines now (with Matt's sliders on World Class, and I used to hate World Class).

I still concede goals within 10 minutes of scoring them over and over again, and I still got beat in the cup by Huddersfield, as Liverpool, which pisses me off no end... But that "catch-up logic" will never go away, I don't think.

If you guys are interested, this is a PM I sent to Orion last night on the changes. Another user, Isureaper31, tested them as well and enjoyed them. Still testing of course, but practically done.:

The reason for the change is stupid 1.07 is frustrating me, but now I'm happy again. Turns out in 1.05-1.06 we give the User the advantage in length, but in 1.07 we have to do the opposite. Higher marking will also not work anymore as it's back to warping out of position.

Marking 50/50
Length 45/50
FB Pos 5/5 (hate doing this, but the outside backs are playing CDM role again without it)

other personal preferences

Shot Speed 52/52
Shot Error 55/55 (dare I say there are more goals with this because the CPU will shoot from anywhere. it's glorious)
GK Ability 51/51 (balance of aggression out of the box and parrying away shots without catching everyone of them).

Havent touched the game more than a month ago. My brother came over today, i updated the Moddingway mod on my vanilla FIFA, used my latest sliders and cl.ini man...fun challenging football we had simulating the pre-season games.

I cant remember playing so much with any PES from 2009 to 2013, the latter PES games are no goes, FIFA 14 was decent but had op headers, FIFA 15 was a skip but this FIFA...i think its a benchmark after PES 6 for me.

I think ill do fine with this footy for one more year. Passing is off here and there, players sometime run away from the loose ball and tactics needs to be set up but its the most decent footy in the past 9-10 yrs imo.

Yup, I agree

Been playing FIFA Friday-Sunday,on the latest slider set.
But does anyone have suggestion for a set on legendary.
These are to strict for legendary,tried em on world class,but feel it's not really a challenge,on the other hand on leg,they're impossible.
Back four never making mistakes,holding position perfectly,and horrible to play against,not very sharp up front.
Need to find a balance,the looseness ot world class,yet the toughnes of Legendary

Excuse my ignorance but there's something I'd like clarification on.

With regards to things like run frequency and marking, shouldn't that be down to an individual team as opposed to a global adjustment?

What I mean is how often players make runs should be down to a teams individual tactics no? The same with marking, or have I misunderstood how sliders work?

There's even one with fb positioning, again in my mind that should be down to a team's tactics. I'd love someone to break down sliders for me, the theory behind it just doesn't make sense, or rather reinforces the fact that there's no real individuality to a.i teams.

Hypothetically if I reduce run frequency to 0 does that mean there's no difference between how often Barcelona will make forward runs compared to Stoke?

The more I think about it, even things like first touch error don't make much sense, shouldn't the error be down to an individual player, e.g someone with a bad first touch makes more errors than someone with a good first touch, but yet you can globally increase it so the cpu you play against has lots of errors.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance but there's something I'd like clarification on. *Snip*
The sliders don't result in every player having that number for the affected ability. It's a percentage scale (with limits set so that you can't destroy the game).

So if you bump first touch error from 50 (0 change) to 70 (+20)...

Player A, with a first touch stat of 80, now has 60.
Player B, with a first touch stat of 40, now has 20.

So - and bear in mind this is if you think that the first touch you gain with an 80 first touch player is unrealistically accurate - player A is still better than player B, by the same amount.

Without sliders, I couldn't have played FIFA 16 (or 15) for so long. Absolutely no chance. They're a godsend - by no means do they fix everything that's wrong with the game (particularly the team individuality and the AI's positional intelligence for all teams being far too perfect on the higher difficulty levels), but they make the game a LOT more playable. I'd love PES to adopt them, but there are a lot of people who think sliders somehow ruin development.

Been playing FIFA Friday-Sunday,on the latest slider set.
But does anyone have suggestion for a set on legendary.
These are to strict for legendary,tried em on world class,but feel it's not really a challenge,on the other hand on leg,they're impossible.
Back four never making mistakes,holding position perfectly,and horrible to play against,not very sharp up front.
Need to find a balance,the looseness ot world class,yet the toughnes of Legendary
This is my biggest problem with the game by far.

I watched Burnley v Liverpool at the weekend and Burnley's defending was brilliant. It wasn't just a deep defence and scrappy play... It was executed perfectly - they kept their shape, the defenders very rarely deviated from their instructions and showed brilliant positional discipline, with the fullbacks pushing into the box and creating a solid wall.

Every game in FIFA is like that - I've never had an opponent and thought "wow, they're defending better than anybody else", or even differently from anybody else. They all defend the same way, with that perfect back-line, and with perfect execution. Easily.

After a week of playing PES on holiday (the PS4 came with me, and the Xbox - with FIFA on - stayed home), I came back and played two league cup ties, with sliders, on World Class, as Liverpool, against West Brom. For all the creative talent in my squad, for everything I tried tactically, they were impossible to break down - like Burnley were - and while you could say "well that's realistic then"... No. It doesn't happen every week, it's not perfectly executed every week, and on top of that, West Brom were passing the ball around like Barcelona. They weren't suffering creatively for their defensive bias, there were no long balls - they were just perfect defensively and perfect creatively, too.

No amount of sliders can fix that, unfortunately. You're playing the difficulty level more than you're playing the team.

Last edited:
The sliders don't result in every player having that number for the affected ability. It's a percentage scale (with limits set so that you can't destroy the game).

So - and bear in mind this is if you think that the first touch you gain with an 80 first touch player is unrealistically accurate - player A is still better than player B, by the same amount.

Without sliders, I couldn't have played FIFA 16 (or 15) for so long. Absolutely no chance. They're a godsend - by no means do they fix everything that's wrong with the game (particularly the team individuality and the AI's positional intelligence for all teams being far too perfect on the higher difficulty levels), but they make the game a LOT more playable.

Perfect clarification thank you.

It makes perfect sense, I've just missed the bloody obvious.

Of course it works the way in which you've described, as player and team stats aren't on a level playing field. For some reason I wasn't even thinking about it in that way, my mistake. :FAIL:

For a while I was thinking (stupidly) that by adjusting the sliders it would set each player and team to the same level, as opposed to the way that you've described in that it globally reduces everything by the amount you set, but if one player or team A has a higher starting point than player or team B then they'll obviously still be higher once the global adjustment is made.

Shockingly I've never even attempted to adjust the sliders in any Fifa game for some reason, and I've owned all 3 on the ps4. Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Last edited:

Without sliders, I couldn't have played FIFA 16 (or 15) for so long. Absolutely no chance. They're a godsend - by no means do they fix everything that's wrong with the game (particularly the team individuality and the AI's positional intelligence for all teams being far too perfect on the higher difficulty levels), but they make the game a LOT more playable. I'd love PES to adopt them, but there are a lot of people who think sliders somehow ruin development.

This is my biggest problem with the game by far.

I watched Burnley v Liverpool at the weekend and Burnley's defending was brilliant. It wasn't just a deep defence and scrappy play... It was executed perfectly - they kept their shape, the defenders very rarely deviated from their instructions and showed brilliant positional discipline, with the fullbacks pushing into the box and creating a solid wall.

Every game in FIFA is like that - I've never had an opponent and thought "wow, they're defending better than anybody else", or even differently from anybody else. They all defend the same way, with that perfect back-line, and with perfect execution. Easily.

After a week of playing PES on holiday (the PS4 came with me, and the Xbox - with FIFA on - stayed home), I came back and played two league cup ties, with sliders, on World Class, as Liverpool, against West Brom. For all the creative talent in my squad, for everything I tried tactically, they were impossible to break down - like Burnley were - and while you could say "well that's realistic then"... No. It doesn't happen every week, it's not perfectly executed every week, and on top of that, West Brom were passing the ball around like Barcelona. They weren't suffering creatively for their defensive bias, there were no long balls - they were just perfect defensively and perfect creatively, too.

No amount of sliders can fix that, unfortunately. You're playing the difficulty level more than you're playing the team.
I hear you brother,I also saw MOTD,and was blown away with sunderlands defence,if you haven't seen it,please do,that's what I'm after,stupid decisions every now and then.
Anyway,did set my game up according to Matt10 latest sliders,with changes,but I made one alteration.
Acc 48/47.
And yes I do have an advantage,but on the other hand,my reaction vs the CPU ,should be about that advantage.
Think I beat my wingers on speed about 40-60, quite realistic,have pacey wingers,on 48/48, you don't.
Had one of the best games ever on FIFA,much more psychical,FK and cards left and right.
Plus I was able to come on top about 50/50 when going shoulder to shoulder.

The advantage in acc also reflected in my def,I could press CPU to pass way worse than usual, and most importantly,they made bad decisions
I think setting up sliders equally for both CPU and human has one disadvantage,icpu will always calculate and react faster than you.
Sunderland vs Leeds was my game 1-1
Fab game

Back
Top Bottom