Run Freq 50/50
Height 48/48
Length 51/51
Width 47/47
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 85/85

Details of changes TBD

Wow, less pass speed?!

I'm having so much trouble completing passes, with lots being nowhere near powerful enough to reach the man (but this is on semi controls - I'm assuming the above sliders are for use with manual controls?).

At the moment I have user run freq on 45 and cpu on 60. 45 For user just to keep any holding midfielders holding, I can always manually make players move if needed. 60 for CPU to discourage the Ping pong passing around in defence some teams lock into by making their players move up the pitch a bit more. I prefer that method to nerfing their pass accuracy as it makes their crossing go a bit mental.

Apart from User first touch being at 70 I have a lot of defaults at the moment and really enjoying the experience.

Wow, less pass speed?!

I'm having so much trouble completing passes, with lots being nowhere near powerful enough to reach the man (but this is on semi controls - I'm assuming the above sliders are for use with manual controls?).

Yeah we are looking into the same thing as that has been the feedback so far, similar to yours.

Looking into dialing back Run frequency as well to get that midfield play involved a bit more.

Early testing of course, but it's a solid base.

Wow, less pass speed?!

Yea, the first thing I thought when I first played the demo was that the pass speed felt painfully slow on default. I tweaked the slider up to 70 and it felt much more realistic for regular passes. Haven't seen anyone else make this observation so pretty much felt as I was on own in this opinion til i saw this.
Of course the downside now is that it's not easy to just lay off a short, slow pass.....
What I would like to see instead of the powerful R1 pass that we now have would be to have that as a half speed pass, would make it much more useful to me.

I set the pass speed slider at 60 and find it right. Also sprint speed at 35, players behave more natural, just like watching football on tv, i play on slow game speed...

We've updated our sliders as of 9/23:

Current Set, as of 9/23/15
World Class/Legendary, Slow, 10-15 minutes

Sprint 48/48
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 60/60
Shot Speed 48/48
Pass Speed 42/42(with FT value, should be good)
GK Ability 42/42
Marking 55/55
Run Freq. 5/5
Height 48/48
Length 52/52
Width 48/48
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 85/85

Try these if you think the CPU pings it around too fast. It's a good idea to increase your power bar to at least 70 to compensate for the slow pass speed.

World Class, Slow. Manual 10-15 minutes

Sprint 40/40
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 58/58
Shot Speed 47/47
Pass Speed 30/30
GK Ability 42/42
Marking 60/60
Run Freq. 50/50
Height 48/48
Length 52/52
Width 48/48
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 85/85
Power Bar 70

I'm sure there's an increased responsiveness after the "Day One" patch. The trouble with that is they now react faster than a footballer would.

Actually I've completely changed my mind.

Strangely, by increasing the Acceleration to 52/52 it plays more like the demo. And I've also increased the pass speed to 40/40.

90% of my games finish 1-0, 0-0, 0-1

CPU pass pass accuracy is the biggest issue, along with Human players creating chances to score. Acceleration 2 points below sprint speed seems a huge help to combat this.

But it makes the game feel alot like FIFA 15 (less mommentum/inertia)

Last edited:
We've updated our sliders as of 9/23:

Current Set, as of 9/23/15

Sprint 48/48
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 60/60
Shot Speed 48/48
Pass Speed 42/42(with FT value, should be good)
GK Ability 42/42
Marking 55/55
Run Freq. 5/5
Height 48/48
Length 52/52
Width 48/48
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 85/85

Run Freq 5?

We've adjusted again, noting that Sprint has got to be at 50 or higher to bring back interceptions and defenders reacting. Not final, but still testing - but wanted to keep Evo up to date:

Current Set, as of 9/25/15

Sprint 50/50
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 58/58
Shot Speed 49/49
Pass Speed 37/32
Injury Freq 60/60
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 15/15
Marking 70/70
Run Freq. 30/30
Height 52/52
Length 50/50
Width 52/52
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 70/70

And this is the most recent. I personally feel it is the best we have out at the moment:

Current Set, as of 9/26/15

Sprint 53/50
Acceleration 51/50
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 68/68
Shot Speed 49/49
Pass Speed 37/32
Injury Freq 60/60
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 15/15
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 50/30
Height 60/60
Length 50/45
Width 52/48
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 70/70

Matt, are you finding these sliders make world class playable, in terms of how they pass the ball around and keep such high possession (on the default settings)?

I'm finding professional enough of a challenge, but I'd like to switch at some point (but the last time I tried world class on 16 it was a million miles from realistic)!

Matt, are you finding these sliders make world class playable, in terms of how they pass the ball around and keep such high possession (on the default settings)?

I'm finding professional enough of a challenge, but I'd like to switch at some point (but the last time I tried world class on 16 it was a million miles from realistic)!

I've not tried the set that Matt posted today but the best I've found so far are the set posted on the 23rd with run frequency set to 5, was hard work but possession, passing stats and number of shots on goal were pretty realistic, games were tight with no stupid score lines, the set posted yesterday were ok but I found that the cpu was creating a lot more chances but 95% would be off target whereas I would struggle and only make around 6 chances but score 2 or 3 goals each game so maybe the goalkeeper's need tweaking a bit? also don't know if it was just a coincidence but I was getting a lot of penalties with yesterday's set, had 3 in one game

as to the cpu knocking the ball around and keeping high possession, yeah the slider settings have improved it but you might need to change the way you play as well, I was running around like a headless chicken (still do at times) chasing shadows but have learnt to let them have it in their half then as soon as they bring it forward use the double press to try and force them into errors, don't go diving in trying to win the ball as it'll just take your players out of the game

Yeah, I played on pro for a bit, just so easy to dispossess the CPU.

The main focus with the most recent set is to establish a level playing field with the CPU. If the user's 50 sprint is indeed 50 sprint, then with the boost in WC, the CPU is clicking at 53-55 -just based on how their players move and get so wide open - and how delayed my players are to defend them.

If you were to do anything, you'd be successful in increasing user's sprint to 53 and letting it work from there. Once we reached that threshold, the CPU is now back at the point in which they have to think about what their next move is, versus just automatically playing the tiki-taka game.

Try out the most recent set as well if you'd like. I've had some great matches, and for once on WC, have not felt like I was in the disadvantage of the programming.

I've not tried the set that Matt posted today but the best I've found so far are the set posted on the 23rd with run frequency set to 5, was hard work but possession, passing stats and number of shots on goal were pretty realistic, games were tight with no stupid score lines, the set posted yesterday were ok but I found that the cpu was creating a lot more chances but 95% would be off target whereas I would struggle and only make around 6 chances but score 2 or 3 goals each game so maybe the goalkeeper's need tweaking a bit? also don't know if it was just a coincidence but I was getting a lot of penalties with yesterday's set, had 3 in one game

as to the cpu knocking the ball around and keeping high possession, yeah the slider settings have improved it but you might need to change the way you play as well, I was running around like a headless chicken (still do at times) chasing shadows but have learnt to let them have it in their half then as soon as they bring it forward use the double press to try and force them into errors, don't go diving in trying to win the ball as it'll just take your players out of the game

I've always been a fan of lower run frequency, I just love the idea of short runs (it's not run frequency as a direct value, it's more so run length+frequency, like it's been since 12).

The Sprint value brings the user's game to life without feeling too pacey. I knew this was the case when you're able to block off attackers who have a bit of pace, and you're able to make legitamite well-timed slight tackles from the side. In addition your defenders actually give a damn and if you call for them, they will be on the attackers asap. This congests the midfield appropriately, versus being forced to run around like a chicken with your head cut off.

16 is leaps and bounds better than 15, it's great to see the possibilities when it starts to come together.

Ugh, it's still frustrating because sliders don't actually "fix" the biggest issues with playing against the CPU. Just like last year with sliders not "fixing" what only could be fixed by improved defensive AI, which has happened thank god, sliders this year can't overcome the deficiencies of tactical defending.

FIFA 16 is oh so close...

Ugh, it's still frustrating because sliders don't actually "fix" the biggest issues with playing against the CPU. Just like last year with sliders not "fixing" what only could be fixed by improved defensive AI, which has happened thank god, sliders this year can't overcome the deficiencies of tactical defending.

FIFA 16 is oh so close...

Does this really need to be said every year...in the slider thread though?

Sliders have already overcome the CPU's ping pong tiki taka, and has improved the user's defense. 16 is great out of the box, but it just got better with our adjustments.

So, this is my attempt to stop the CPU playing it around at will on World Class... I tried something crazy, putting the CPU pass speed down to 1. I was really surprised by the results.

Speed: Slow
Level: World Class
Manual

Sprint 32/32
Acceleration 49/49
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 58/58
Shot Speed 49/49
Pass Speed 37/01
GK Ability 42/42
Marking 60/60
Run Freq. 30/30
Height 60/60
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 100/100
Power Bar 55

Last edited:
And this is the most recent. I personally feel it is the best we have out at the moment:

Sprint 53/50
Acceleration 51/50
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 68/68
Shot Speed 49/49
Pass Speed 37/32
Injury Freq 60/60
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 15/15
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 30 (previous 50)/30
Height 60/60
Length 50/45
Width 52/48
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 70/70

We have updated the above, Version 6, in way of the run frequency for user to be 30. We found that the targets in the box were getting too deep relevant to the higher line height, thus resulting in crosses being well behind them. At 30, they are not over-running the threshold, and is resulting in much better opportunities on crosses.

Does this really need to be said every year...in the slider thread though?

Sliders have already overcome the CPU's ping pong tiki taka, and has improved the user's defense. 16 is great out of the box, but it just got better with our adjustments.

What, one can't be frustrated despite enjoying themselves?

And once again, sliders might compensate for the issues that lead to the CPU's tiki taka, but they ain't fixing the core problem. In a thread discussing sliders, I have no idea why that can't be expressed.

Bless you for your efforts and helping people reap more enjoyment from the game, but you should've learned by now, especially after last year, that sliders can only do so much without the proper gameplay code in place. And I'd thought you'd also be experienced enough by now to know that "better" is highly subjective.

I think pass speed and acceleration and Sprint speed look different depending on the camera used. What does everyone play on? I'm struggling to settle on one I like. They all seem too high except Dynamic, but Dynamic makes the game seem to fast at times. I like the Broadcast one but the angle is just to much. It tilts too much.

I think pass speed and acceleration and Sprint speed look different depending on the camera used. What does everyone play on? I'm struggling to settle on one I like. They all seem too high except Dynamic, but Dynamic makes the game seem to fast at times. I like the Broadcast one but the angle is just to much. It tilts too much.

It's all about Tele Broadcast for me.

Sprint 53/50
Acceleration 51/50
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 68/68
Shot Speed 49/49
Pass Speed 37/32
Injury Freq 60/60
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 15/15
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 50/30
Height 60/60
Length 50/45
Width 52/48
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 70/70
lol guys, im new to fifa, does the slider setting 60/60 apply to both cpu and user, or is that a range?

This set addressed the feedback received from test version #6.

- Better CPU attack
- Less frantic pace due to removing Sprint/Accel discrepancies
- Better CPU crosses by lowering pass error
- Line settings stronger to allow CPU to attack, but User to defend
- FT Control raised again to slow down the play - result in more build up. Humanize the CPU is the aim here, not every pro player can control passes - even simple ones. Pressure to perform, remember!

Test Version #7; Current Set, as of 9/27/15

Sprint 50/50
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error 53/53
Pass Error 60/60
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 37/32
Injury Freq 60/60
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 15/15
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 30/30
Height 60/60
Length 50/48
Width 52/48
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 85/85
Power Bar 50 - user preference

This set addressed the feedback received from test version #6.

- Better CPU attack
- Less frantic pace due to removing Sprint/Accel discrepancies
- Better CPU crosses by lowering pass error
- Line settings stronger to allow CPU to attack, but User to defend
- FT Control raised again to slow down the play - result in more build up. Humanize the CPU is the aim here, not every pro player can control passes - even simple ones. Pressure to perform, remember!

Test Version #7; Current Set, as of 9/27/15

Sprint 50/50
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error 53/53
Pass Error 60/60
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 37/32
Injury Freq 60/60
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 15/15
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 30/30
Height 60/60
Length 50/48
Width 52/48
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 85/85
Power Bar 50 - user preference

Matt these sliders are awesome :) I play on profesional and find theme very good! I change only speed of players to 0 and acceleration to 48, with these two sliders game feels heavier and more realistic, also it gives better feel of interia ;)

Back
Top Bottom