Battlefield 1 [PC/PS4/XB1]

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
DICE will reveal the next installment of the Battlefield series next Friday, May 6 at a "world premiere" event.

The game will be revealed to attendees of the event, before a global livestream shows off as-yet unspecified details at 9pm BST.

Early reports have suggested that the game will move from the recent modern settings back to World War I.

The game is due to be released October 21st 2016.

Last edited:
Re: Battlefield 5 [PC/PS4/XBOX1]

Day one.

p.s. EA please don't screw us like you did with Battlefront, it still hurts now.

Ooooooooooo WW1

Sounds good, it's been a while since these FPS' went back instead of forward. Flying with Jets packs? fuck off lol

Ah back to basics, love it already.

I'm really torn...

If it's going to be "authentic" WW1, there aren't exactly going to be 100s of gun mods etc. available, so will there be any unlocks? If not - what will be the point in levelling up? What will keep you playing?

It's something different, and that I'm really looking forward to (near-future and sci-fi has been done to death). Especially if it's authentic.

But I loves me an unlock...

EDIT: And, if it'll be authentic, are we going to get a mini-map and all the HUD? Without that, and heat-seeking missiles in the vehicles, I'll be screwed!

Last edited:

I'm really torn...

If it's going to be "authentic" WW1, there aren't exactly going to be 100s of gun mods etc. available, so will there be any unlocks? If not - what will be the point in levelling up? What will keep you playing?

It's something different, and that I'm really looking forward to (near-future and sci-fi has been done to death). Especially if it's authentic.

But I loves me an unlock...

EDIT: And, if it'll be authentic, are we going to get a mini-map and all the HUD? Without that, and heat-seeking missiles in the vehicles, I'll be screwed!

Allow me to disagree about the leveling up. That's whats ruined it all for me.

Battlefield was fun when the unlocks were almost gimmicks to show off how good you were, like those dog-tags.

All the essential gameplay stuff such as lasers and heavy barrels were quite easy to get. You started with the goddamn M16A3 and AK47.

Once you make those that play more time having better weapons and better stuff in game it ruins the competition, competition is whats multiplayer FPS are about.

If they want to have a good game again make you unlock tags, clothes and camos again.

And of course make better maps, the map design is another huge thing Battlefield lost on the last couple of games, there is no cover, no strategy, no balance. Maps these days just look good, but they play horribly.

I heard there already was a grenade launcher in those days.
This is it.
The giant slingshot.
JolObJs.jpg

Last edited:

Allow me to disagree about the leveling up. That's whats ruined it all for me.

Battlefield was fun when the unlocks were almost gimmicks to show off how good you were, like those dog-tags.

All the essential gameplay stuff such as lasers and heavy barrels were quite easy to get. You started with the goddamn M16A3 and AK47.

Once you make those that play more time having better weapons and better stuff in game it ruins the competition, competition is whats multiplayer FPS are about.

If they want to have a good game again make you unlock tags, clothes and camos again.

And of course make better maps, the map design is another huge thing Battlefield lost on the last couple of games, there is no cover, no strategy, no balance. Maps these days just look good, but they play horribly.
Agreed the maps need to be not just a looker but need to have cover etc the map design does make the game replayablity and more enjoyment of strategy bf4 is a looker on the maps but very few are well designed maps

That WWI scenario is a quite risky move imho.

Kids nowadays wanna shoot around with actual weapons for sure.
Sounds interesting though.

About time. This has got my attention big time. Enjoyed the simplest games better, robots, space all that shit can bolt.

Enjoyed nothing more than the early cods, the last one i loved was MW.

Been needing something like this.

Will be keeping an eye on it.

Looks pretty sensational, and I love the ideas behind it.

Despite the problems with BF4, I truly loved it - didn't like Hardline but that wasn't a "proper" Battlefield game in my eyes (not by the original devs).

So I'm sure I'll love it - but a gameplay video would be nice, of course (and I'd love to hear how they plan on rewarding level-ups)...

Here's hoping they give out plenty of beta codes!

I actually enjoyed the Hardline storyline.

Not sure about WWI, but will see, I did like the old WWI games, can't remember the actual name, was it Brothers in Arms or something like that?

I actually enjoyed the Hardline storyline.

Not sure about WWI, but will see, I did like the old WWI games, can't remember the actual name, was it Brothers in Arms or something like that?

I'm afraid the old WWI games you did like were actually WWII games.

I rather wait too, it looks great, but so did Battlefront.

But these scenes are mainly from single player right?

The maps looks so open again, this is horrible for the multiplayer, but it still just an early trailer, I'm still gonna keep my eye on the franchise.

Seeing the biplane footage made me miss a really old WWI dogfighting game, can't remember the name but it had a really big open world with lots of missions and there was nothing like the sound of lead ripping through your canvas wings as some Fokker snook in behind you.

The CoD: IW trailer has become the most disliked game trailer in YouTube history, and the Battlefield 1 trailer the most liked trailer of any kind in YouTube history (SOURCE: Forbes).

I find something about that genuinely wonderful.

Anyway, there's a good interview on Eurogamer that goes through classes etc...

Seeing the biplane footage made me miss a really old WWI dogfighting game, can't remember the name but it had a really big open world with lots of missions and there was nothing like the sound of lead ripping through your canvas wings as some Fokker snook in behind you.

Not sure which game you are talking about but there has been 3 good WW1 games from what I remember:-

History Line 1914 - 1918:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj_wTnILdoo&list=PLxjV13UYGTcRs-O753mbqAQJVj03lUy4A

Wings:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL-qtxNgoHU

Ancient Art of War in the Skies:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM0qqYjQcVo

War Thunder is free on PC/PS4, but it's very hard to get into and not very rewarding in my experience...

Back
Top Bottom