PES5/WE9LE What level is the hardest?

What level do you play on?

• Total voters

geeeeee

International
2 May 2010
London
Tottenham
Hi, I know that PES5 and WE9LE are still very popular on these forums.

I myself still find PES5 on PS2 fantastic. I have recently been reading old threads from here and other PES websites and it's been great to read people's views on the game all those years ago. I never read them before when the game first came out, as I was more interested in playing the game than reading forums.

One thing that did come up a bit was the level of difficulty. Some would say that 6* is the hardest, others would say 5*, others would even say that 3* and 4* was harder than 6* because of the way the CPU plays.

I know this has been discussed many times in the past, but, because these games are still popular and maybe there are new fans, I wanted to start a poll to find out what level of difficulty you play on and why?

So, apart from

1) Level

Could you please answer

2) What game, PES5 or WE9LE?
3) What format, PC, XBOX, or PS2?
4) Do you play Exibition, Cup, League, or Master League?
5) The reason why you play on that level?

Thanks for your participation. :)

Last edited:
I will get the ball rolling.

1) 6 stars
2) PES5
3) PS2
4) I play League and Cup, but mostly ML.
5) I find that the CPU closes down more on 6 stars and it is more difficult to score.

Last edited:
1) 6 stars
2) WE9LE
3) PC
4) Mostly League, sometimes Cup, often Exhibition for gameplay testing purposes.
5) After testing various difficulties, 6 stars appear to be the most challenging, although I have to still find out the best gameplay tweaks to make the game harder against CPU.

A combination of 3 and 6 stars would be interesting. On 3 stars, CPU plays much more straightforward, but the overall difficulty (their shot accuracy, the necessary effort to tackle someone successfully) is lower, therefore it is easier in the end.

1. 6 stars
2. WE9LE + WE9
3. PC
4. Master league, and few of exhibition
5. AI are smarter than lowered level. So the game will be more realistic.

IN those older games, the difference between 4* and 6* is minimal.

So yeah, I would guess 6* should be hardest, but it won't feel that much different to 4*. There were balancing issues back then.

1) 6 stars
2) WE9LE
3) PC
4) League -> Exhibition -> Cup
5) Only on this level AI can show me some balanced football, maybe later I will test 4* and 5* in PES5/WE9LE at PS2.

gee, thank for the thread.

At least from what I remember from both WE9LE and PES5, 5* is harder defensively and 6* is harder offensively. The CPU attacks with more urgency and accuracy on the later, while PES 5 will be slightly harder to break through the defense.

1) Level => 6 stars
2) What game, PES5 or WE9LE? PES5
3) What format, PC, XBOX, or PS2? PS2
4) Do you play Exibition, Cup, League, or Master League? league or ML
5) The reason why you play on that level? AI are smarter than lowered level. So the game will be more realistic.

1) 6 stars
2) PES5
3) PC
4) mostly friendlies and sometimes a cup or ML
5) I've been playing pes5 for years now so it's logical to play on the hardest level

Thanks for your votes guys. :)

It would be interesting to know from those that play or played on level 3 and 4, why they play that level?

Is it because you find it more difficult than 5 or 6 as has been suggested in the past?

Back in "my days", when I wanted the most difficult expierience, since I was playing we9le constantly, and got quite good, I played like so:

1) 6 stars
2) 15-20 minutes
3) I played away from home
4) I chose as opposition one of the best teams, usually Chelsea since it had the best teamwork, which meant it was the hardest to score against them
5) I chose as my team one of the weakest weak ass teams, like Brescia, Poland
6) I chose the highest possible form for my opposition
7) I chose the lowest possible form for my team
8) 20 minute matches
9) WE9LE ofcourse ;)

2 out of 4 times there was a draw (usually 0-0 or 1-1), 1 time out of 4 I won, 1 time out of 4 I lost. This combination deffinetly was the hardest for me, and since I enjoyed the challange I enjoyed playing like so (keep in mind it was before gaming online in we9le become possible, so I had only CPU to play with).

Till like last year, when I still played from time to time, I changed one factor in the above, namely the form, because it made me always play in certain way, and the opposition in certain way (for instance I could almost never dribble the oppoinent - due to the form factor). So I changed it to have both teams on normal form.

Those were the days ;)

Back in "my days", when I wanted the most difficult expierience, since I was playing we9le constantly, and got quite good, I played like so:

1) 6 stars
2) 15-20 minutes
3) I played away from home
4) I chose as opposition one of the best teams, usually Chelsea since it had the best teamwork, which meant it was the hardest to score against them
5) I chose as my team one of the weakest weak ass teams, like Brescia, Poland
6) I chose the highest possible form for my opposition
7) I chose the lowest possible form for my team
8) 20 minute matches
9) WE9LE ofcourse ;)

2 out of 4 times there was a draw (usually 0-0 or 1-1), 1 time out of 4 I won, 1 time out of 4 I lost. This combination deffinetly was the hardest for me, and since I enjoyed the challange I enjoyed playing like so (keep in mind it was before gaming online in we9le become possible, so I had only CPU to play with).

Till like last year, when I still played from time to time, I changed one factor in the above, namely the form, because it made me always play in certain way, and the opposition in certain way (for instance I could almost never dribble the oppoinent - due to the form factor). So I changed it to have both teams on normal form.

Those were the days ;)

Heh thanks for the post soyo. Yes those were the days when it didn't matter so much kits and badges. I used to change the names and that was it. Those were the days when it didn't matter about stats. Those were the days when I used to love playing as Henry (even though spurs fan) and cut in from the left and curl one in right footed. ML was great and it didn't matter if CPU hardly bought anyone. My best player was Bsorak, a fantastic Slovenian (I think) striker who played for us all through his career, I will never forget him even though I think he was fake player or fake name.

When I first played PES5 I only played the International Cups and I would play as every team depending on the roll of a dice. I used a point system and had a world ranking and then I would play a Konami cup (league format) with the top 20 teams. Cameroon were always the best I think because of their speed. Then after about 6 months I discovered ML and it was like I had a new game. I remember buying PES6 but going back to my ML after about a month. Whether it's WE9LE or PES5 those were the days. :APPLAUD:

I always found 4 star harder than 6 stars in both PES5 and WE9:LE

I always played Master League on 4 stars mainly with friendlies on 6

I always found 4 star harder than 6 stars in both PES5 and WE9:LE

I always played Master League on 4 stars mainly with friendlies on 6

Could you please elaborate your reasons? I know that in 6 stars Cpu breaks the formation for pressing wich results in big gaps, so I prefer 5 stats. I never played on 4 stats though, I might try It and see the diference.

Yeah, it's that on 6 star the CPU is very aggressive in it's attack and tends to leave spaces for me to exploit, while on 4 star it's more defensively solid.

4 star was notorious for tight games on PES5. Most games in my master league where 0-0 and 1-0

How about the attacking wise? Do they Create chances? Or is it pretty much the same? I already think that sometimes 5 stars is a bit low in Attack though overall its a good balance in master League.

Hi guys, reading old threads on old forums some do say that 4 stars is harder. Although I did try it myself (ps2 version) but found it easier after a few games. I find that 5 star the CPU attacks more but on 6 star defence is better but attack is worse. That's why I made stat changes to make attack better on 6 star. Now I can't win on 5 or 6, may have to drop to 3 :P

Geeee you already know what I think about your tweaks because of player growth in Master League, but I have to say that the feeling is very Good. Anyone should at least try it once...

I always played on 4 stars to avoid 6-3 and 8-5 victories. I'd often lose tight matches on 4 stars.

I tried 4 stars the other in a cup game and even though it was tight, I managed to win. The problem with 4 stars is that the CPU gets chances but fails to convert them. I keep thinking if that was 6 stars, they would have scored. So I'm sticking with 6. :)

Back
Top Bottom