PES 5 with lowered agility & game speed = Still the best

Yep. For some reason WE9 refs are stricter than PES5 refs. Applies to WE9 (not LE version) as well.

I remember when this was introduced a lot of arcade players whined about it. "Too many fouls".

But hey... just imagine PES 2013 and 2014 giving only a few fouls per match. Realistic? Yeah... like Woody Allen posing in Mr. Olympia bodybuilding competition.

These all could be easily solved with simple AI sliders. But nooooooo... Konami knows better.

PS: The good thing with PES 2011 was the large amount of replays and cutscenes. Obviously that cannot be controlled with sliders, either. Funny how soccer games are the only sports games that don't have any of these options.

Hi, is there a download for this? I can remake these teams in PES 2013 for my patch?

Also this talk regarding fouls. Fouls should happen depending on the two teams players and tactics used. We shouldn't get tons of fouls every match for the sake of it! If we have two teams with a high pressure game and many workman like players i expect lots and lots of fouls or an attack vs defence like cat and mouse game where one team uses cynical clever fouls to break down the momentum in a game. But some games, especially Crystal Palace vs Liverpool have very few fouls and are very open.

In fact this is an important point since the tackling laws changed in 2007/2008 and slowly but surely we see a lot less fouls in football these days compared to even the early mid 00's, games like this do not happen anymore sadly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXiAE9ox0NI

This is thanks to Sepp Blatter's nonsense and political correctness.

This has drastically changed the tactical emphasis of the game, before 4-4-2's with two permanent strikers where viable since you could rely on just one destroyer, now with the new tackling laws is about numbers behind the ball, team defending and interceptions rather than rough tough destroyers and uncompromising defenders

It is time for us to move on to the new definition of realism with variety which showed in PES 2013 rather than constraining the game into one slow style which suits a certain type of realism we saw on the PS2, its true PES 5 is still the greatest overall football game but it's not the best anymore for gameplay, PES 2013 opened up new unrivaled worlds of passing, tactical play and stats variety in regards to movement.

I miss Konami actually 'finishing' a game and completing it like PES 5. PES 2013 is still experimental outside of the gameplay and we all know PES 2014 is a shell of a game, a first attempt on a new engine and a base layer for the future rather than a complete product like PES 5, things like snow, proper advantage rule, stamina and injuries need to return.

Last edited:
For God sake, stay in your PES 2013 topic with this nonsense!! If you like that game - then go and play it, but don't come here and spam every other day how great it is and make useless videos to convince others!!

For God sake, stay in your PES 2013 topic with this nonsense!! If you like that game - then go and play it, but don't come here and spam every other day how great it is and make useless videos to convince others!!

The video was a full match between Juventus and Roma in 2005.

It was showing the vast amount of fouls in that match, many of them very cynical and many would be punished by red cards since the tackling laws where changed.

The volume of fouls we see here appeared rightfully in PES 5, i made a point that football has changed since then so speaking in modern terms we can't expect the same amount of fouls in new games because tackling isn't what it used to be.

I can't respect a person like you who just gets angry and abuses someone because they can't think of a worthy argument against what i say, your not going to get anywhere by expecting everyone to agree with you. It's the greatest football game all round but the gameplay is dated for me, if you get offended by that, only you can look at yourself. We move forward by challenging and questioning things! Next time, try and debate with the person you disagree with.

The fact we are on a forum helps PES5's nostalgia, if you get your wish and Konami just release full HD versions of the game people won't be nice like me, it will be abused to death by silly trolls because of it's 8 direction on rails PS2 game.

Regarding the foul count, i think a further point would be in future games if it's possible to creative different rule set's depending on the football era played. if we ar playing with classic sides, surely more fouls, bone crunching tackles, a heavier ball and other changes to give it authenticity.

First of all - there is no point of stating that you don't respect me or persons like me - I figured it out when you posted PES 2013 propoganda in PES 5 topic!!

Secondly, if I wanted to argue with you about why PES 2013 is nowhere near gameplay wise to PES 5, I would come to PES 2013 topic and start to write down facts, but, unlike you, I don't really have any desire to convince someone in which I believe - like I wrote if you like the game it's good to me!!

Thirdly, what makes you feel that I felt offended?? I just pointed out that you should stop spamming PES 2014 and now PES 5 topic with PES 2013 propaganda!! This topic is made about PES 5, here come people who like to play THIS game and they have no desire to play PES 2013, PES 2014 or whatever - so, why you should come here and talk about how brilliant PES 2013 is in your opinion - if you like it, then go and play it and discus it's brilliance in PROPER topic, not spam here or make off-topic!!

And if we are talking about PES 5 (not about PES 2013) and it's amount of fouls which don't fit in "modern terms", then I disagree with your statement!! When was the last time you played it? In PES 5 foul is called when it's need to be called - if you hold sprinting button + tackling/pressure button and just run into a player then IT'S A FOUL - if you play clever/patient/positional defense and wait for a mistake, then there will be little amount of fouls if any at all!! From my point of view, the amount of fouls are perfect in PES 5 and it doesn't matter if it mid 00' era or now - it's the way you choose to play!! The problem is that there is not enough cards shown - the AI is so smart, that if it "sees" that you are faster and getting away from him it just trips you or pushes you and makes a foul and it's so frustrating that promising counterattack is stopt by this and AI player in 95% of time didn't get yellow card which in reality should be given by "modern" rules!!

Last edited:
Personally I think the foul system in PES5 ps2 is perfect. Played one 15 min game last night and there were 4 fouls for each team. Sometimes there are more sometimes there are less.

In latest games there is maybe 1 foul in a game. Very rarely are there opportunities for a direct free kick or a free kick on the half way line to punt the ball into the box.

PES5 ps2 is fantastic when the losing side are trying to press but the striker keep giving away niggly fouls. This does not happen in the new games. But happens in real life and in PES5 ps2 ;)

First of all - there is no point of stating that you don't respect me or persons like me - I figured it out when you posted PES 2013 propoganda in PES 5 topic!!

Secondly, if I wanted to argue with you about why PES 2013 is nowhere near gameplay wise to PES 5, I would come to PES 2013 topic and start to write down facts, but, unlike you, I don't really have any desire to convince someone in which I believe - like I wrote if you like the game it's good to me!!

Thirdly, what makes you feel that I feel offended?? I just pointed out that you should stop spamming PES 2014 and now PES 5 topic with PES 2013 propaganda!! This topic is made about PES 5, here comes people who like to play this game and they have no desire to play PES 2013, PES 2014 or whatever - so, why you should come here and talk about how brilliant PES 2013 is in your opinion - if you like it, then go and play it and discus it's brilliance in proper topic, not spam here or make off-topic!!

What I said was on topic. I said its time we moved forward in our gameplay understanding in the future rather than just expect a pes5 clone in the coming years. Thats why I mentioned it.

The rest of it was prasing pes5 which is still my favorite

And if we are talking about PES 5 (not about PES 2013) and it's amount of fouls which don't fit in "modern terms", then I disagree with your statement!! When was the last time you played it? In PES 5 foul is called when it's need to be called - if you hold sprinting button + tackling/pressure button and just run into a player then IT'S A FOUL

A while ago. Not that it matters since I played that game to death.
I didnt mind the fouls too much in this game anyway.

- if you play clever/patient/positional defense and wait for a mistake, then there will be little amount of fouls if any at all!! From my point of view, the amount of fouls are perfect in PES 5 and it doesn't matter if it mid 00' era or now - it's the way you choose to play!!

Of course it matters on the era. If the rules change it should show.

Last edited:
Pes 2013 is a shit game, don't compare it again with Pes 5.

Yes it has shiny graphics and... oh wait there is only that. Pes 2013 gameplay is dumbed down, the cpu can't play possession game no matter how hard you try to set the tactic, the cpu shoots always low, player individuality screwed up because of the script, no speed/acceleration feeling, shit master league with low scorelines and overrated growth. Should I continue ?

Like I said earlier, pes 5 has only 2 bad things. The low transfert activity in master league (although it is not bad) and not enough cards during game. Even the graphics are better for some things like the stadium (there is no atmosphere in currents pes game)

Pes 2013 is a shit game, don't compare it again with Pes 5.

Yes it has shiny graphics and... oh wait there is only that. Pes 2013 gameplay is dumbed down, the cpu can't play possession game no matter how hard you try to set the tactic, the cpu shoots always low, player individuality screwed up because of the script, no speed/acceleration feeling, shit master league with low scorelines and overrated growth. Should I continue ?

Like I said earlier, pes 5 has only 2 bad things. The low transfert activity in master league (although it is not bad) and not enough cards during game. Even the graphics are better for some things like the stadium (there is no atmosphere in currents pes game)

one of the biggest downfalls of pes 2013.

Just one thing to add: I consider Pes 2013 as the best game on current-gen and i have been playing it 1 year long before discovering old gen pes, so i know what i'm talking about. It's not a bad game, it is a bad pes.

What the hell? PES 2013 is a great game and I was playing it before getting back to PES5. But somehow PEs5 feels better to me and got me addicted again in a way I couldn´t feel a long time. Best PES ever.

Klashman I welcome you to this topic, you´re a legend regarding exploring PES possibilities and tactics. About fouls, PES 5 does what you said. I had games with more then 10 fouls, and had games with 1 foul only! Its really unexpected, unlike newer versions that seem to follow a pattern. Possession rates are outstanding, comparing to PES 2013 to. Lots of things that I miss from new PES´s but the most important thing keeps me glued to this game.

What the hell? PES 2013 is a great game and I was playing it before getting back to PES5. But somehow PEs5 feels better to me and got me addicted again in a way I couldn´t feel a long time. Best PES ever.

Its because PES 5 is a complete game, everything is good in PES 5 PES 2013 is class gameplay but bad, average and poor everything else outside of the gameplay.

PES 2013 is still a lot better overall in gameplay but even that has a few loose ends such as poor advantage rule, flat atmosphere, sometimes fouls aren't called, lack of injuries, no snow, wind variance like in PES 5. For me the tactical side of the game and passing potential are two things which no football game comes near to for me in PES 2013.

Klashman I welcome you to this topic, you´re a legend regarding exploring PES possibilities and tactics. About fouls, PES 5 does what you said. I had games with more then 10 fouls, and had games with 1 foul only! Its really unexpected, unlike newer versions that seem to follow a pattern. Possession rates are outstanding, comparing to PES 2013 to. Lots of things that I miss from new PES´s but the most important thing keeps me glued to this game.

and it should because its a legendary game! The reason why PES 5 is complete is because Konami where not focusing on just one area like since PES 2011 just one gameplay, they had their formula set and finished by PES 3, they just tweaked and perfected it for the next 3 editions. Also we need crowd attendance selector back, i really miss this! I hate playing in 100% attendance every game.

Yes, it is a little harder to do with 3D crowds since you have the map the crowd differently compared to 2D crowds where you just easily chop sections out. but i still want the option to do it.

Last edited:
I agree about PES 2013 being really good, tactical speaking. Also on the way things happen on the pitch, represent somehow what happens in real life. Its a very inteligent game. But some mechanics/animations and specially the possession by the CPU became a game breaker after a while, even with tweaked tactics. In the end it might depend on the settings and the way each of us plays, and WE9LE plays more the way I identify with. PES 2013 was the closest to be the perfect PES game in years, and failed by little! After that, Konami completely lost the personality that once made them special.

I have spent MONTHS trying to adjust these games (esp. PES 2011 and 2013) with roster tweaks but it's impossible... yeah I have all yair gameplay patches and all that... but that laughable scripting ruin these games completely.

Take PES 2013, for example... great game if it only had milder scripting. The passing game is superb. But when I play PES 2013 I always think the same thing... all basics are GREAT and it even plays good... but what a wasted opportunity it is.

Those issues could be solved with simple ai sliders... "momentum effect", "referee strictness" and all that. But they don't bother... so the hardcore gamers go back to play PES 5 and 6... ten year old games. Yeah... that's pathetic.

It's the same problem with KONAMI and EA Sports... they're just corporate pigs who make mediocre games for masses. Some nice online and 1-on-1 action... masses don't care about realism too much.

It's ironic because PES3 and NHL04 were among the first games that started to utilize the ai scripting. It actually makes them great because the effect was moderate and random... but in PES 2013 it doesn't matter how much edge you give the defense in the rosters... the CPU will score with 90% percentage when it goes into the "scripting mood". You actually KNOW when they're going to score from a free kick or from a "last minute corner kick".

That effect transforms a good game to really annoying piece of shit. People have complained about this same thing in new NHL games as well... they don't seem to care about offline gaming at all.

And yes... also PES 2013 talk/comparison is very much welcome.

My problem with PES 2013 is also the very high scoring. I mainly play the cup mode and I get scores like 4-3 and even 5-4 way too often. I'd like to tone the scoring down but it doesn't seem to matter how the rosters are set up because the scripting engine takes care of almost everything.

There's something in this game that somehow was lost. In Pes 5 matches offer us an experience Hard to Beat, even with so many engine limitations. Each match can have lots of oportunities but still end without goals. Other matches might put me in defence but still let me score 3 goals on Counter. What's amazing is the balance with wich things happen not just through a match, but also through a whole season in Master League. It's the feeling "I need to win the next one" or the need to defend well to get promotion... Its the "Damn!!!" factor when a key player is injured, and all with a very subtle scripting, almost invisible. Resuming, a very well balanced and complete product.

You are absolutely right. That's why I went back to we9le for good. The randomness and endless possibilities in this game make me want to play one game after another. It just feels right. I haven't even installed the newly out 1.13 patch for pes2014 and don't think I will anytime soon if ever.

Pes2014 is gorgeous, but just doesn't feel right. In fact, to fix something they ruin other two. I tried so many times and I'm tired of it. Just not worth It. Back to 2013 and It was better, but still somthing missing. Back to We9Le and It has been a pure joy. Still haven't played fully though, with só much editing tactics and faces lol.

I'm currently creating a pes 5 all-stars patch. It's different from a classic patch. It's a big database with all famous playera from 2000-2014 + some classic players (pelé, maradona, etc...) at their peak.

Barcelona is so difficult to beat with ronnie messi and etoo in attack.

I try to take all the best faces hairs, adjusted body settings inspiration from Phoenix Patch, classic stadiums, the best kits from each club, lot of boots, lot of balls.

But its a long work, so dont expect it too soon. It was just to let you know.

Perfect football game:

WE9 referees (except the yellow card engine)
PES6 yellow card strictness (way too few on PES5 and WE9)
PES 2013 graphics & passing game
PES 2011 replays & cutscenes (I loved the high replay frequency)
PES 5 shooting
Euro 2008 penalty shootout (including the ability to watch replay of each kick)
PES 5/WE9 engine
FIFA 2014 DVD-ROM makes a good frisbee

Perfect football game:

PES 5 shooting
PES 5/WE9 engine

I agree with everything here, except the passing in pes 2013. I prefer pes 5 passing, i think there is no individuality in pes 2013 passing, and i dont like manual passing

But pes 5 is very enjoyable even if its not perfect.

Yeah... the through-pass is wayyyyyy too easy on all new PES games.
PES5 is challenging in that aspect as well.

The AI defense is great, especially when you globally tweak it up... you really have to work hard to penetrate the ai defense. Same goes to your OWN defense as well... PES5 is the only game where you can actually "feel" that you can defend when you put your mind into it. When you have good guys in the D you can feel confident.

You don't have this feeling on PES2013 at all. When the AI decides it will score, it WILL score, no matter what you do.

I meant the passing game in the midfield area which is (imho) working & feeling just amazing on PES 2013.

Perfect football game:

PES 5 shooting
PES 5/WE9 engine

I would take PES 2014 collision system into mix too ;).

I'm afraid this mixture won't become reality. I feel that pes 5 is the best football game yet, and still for many years, i hope konami or another company (2k please) proves me wrong !

PES 5 would be the greatest game if there were patches made for it, saldy it's all for PES6 and PES6 patches are not compatible with PES5... :(

Yep, resuming a couple of the latest posts, Konami would just need to improve graphics in a WE9LE engine, and give referees a bit more of cards friendship. Thats all folks, I would be damn happy with that.

:D

Gameplay-from-PES5-ported-to-PES2013-by-nesa24.png

Also, I believe that WE9LE is the best game from Konami and a dream is a good addition to the game, or even OF with the statistics players from the latest FM as Viktorius did in WePlayWE 2012/2013 patch, because this patch give a big difference in the strength of the players and teams, and it gives the best gameplay.In PSD statistics each players is similar.

Back
Top Bottom