Forza Motorsport 4

A lot of money for giving it a go. Does the demo work with Kinect?

More interested to see how that wheel works.

If I dont get on with that, Forza4 and Kinnect then I'll probs sell the 360 (again).

Only game I'm holding out for (besides F4) is Kinnect Sports 2 - which I should know as good as it looks, I'll only play it for a week and then consign it to the pile!

3.jpg

:D this will arrive here by the weekend. yeay. :)

what about the lgoitech g27/25 is it advixable to buy somehting like because i suppose its the cheapest of em all, what are your thoughts on that?

people are going mental on ebay over the MS wheel, last 3 sold (used) went out for 160€. i payed 90 for mine. :CONFUSE:

nice way to finance that fanatec wheel :COOL:

sadly logitech wheels do not support the 360...:RANT:

thats a shame, i dont have a wheel now, i used to in the old days gran turismo 2 as young lad, what can i say it was great at that time,

i thought maybe if the logitech with some additional switch i would buy it but, if you say its not compatible at all, i`ll just stick with the controller :D btw for example the g27 and the fanatec pedals have three pedals right, the left one for (clutch/gearchange), does forza 4 support that or any other game (with good graphics not some racesim with mid/lowrange graphics)?, that would be really lifelike :D thanks though for your reaction

forza does support the clutch, so do most other recent sims.

you could use the g25/27 with the 360, there is a certain switch, but it basically just changes the g25 in a way to simulate a xbox controller. lacks all of the wheel specific configuration options...it's something for people that already have the wheel, and really want to use it with the box. if you start from scratch, i'd go fanatec at the moment.

people are going mental on ebay over the MS wheel, last 3 sold (used) went out for 160€. i payed 90 for mine. :CONFUSE:

Yeah I got mine last Friday for €85. Quite the bargain when you look at the Auctions going on online for them. There's also one from a seller on Play.com for €1000. :SHOCK: haha.

Have to say, the MS Wheel is decent, but it aint no Driving Force GT.

Just waiting on my WheelStandPro attachment for the MS wheel to arrive, then I can get rid of the temporary table.

it's good for a official wheel, you've got to see neither sony nor nintendo ever released a own wheel that was anywhere near decent...

biggest problem is it's size, it's just so damn small compared to anything. fanatec stuff is 8/10 of a real wheel which is pretty damn close to perfect.

I don't mind the MS wheel. It's a bit too small and has a few build quality issues, but it will do me until I can hopefully get a Fanatec at a later date.

Agreed that the Logitech DFGT is a much better product. It's a nice size and feels solid. The only thing that annoys the hell out of me are the stupid shift buttons on the back of the wheel. Odd design choice that, when a couple of plastic paddles (like the MS wheel) surely wouldn't have cost much more.

The 360 so badly needs a quality £100 force feedback wheel to rival the DFGT. A trick is being missed here.

Yeah I think thats the only major gripe I'd have with the MS wheel, is that the FFB feels slightly too weak. It's decent, but it's just not feedback enough, (compared to the DF:GT anyway, which I'm sure itself pales in comparison to the Fanatec ones).

Still, so much better than the Xbox controller!

Yeah I think thats the only major gripe I'd have with the MS wheel, is that the FFB feels slightly too weak. It's decent, but it's just not feedback enough, (compared to the DF:GT anyway, which I'm sure itself pales in comparison to the Fanatec ones).

Still, so much better than the Xbox controller!

From what I understand the FF on Forza is weaker than GT5 regardless of the wheel. I know plenty of Fanatec users who say the same.

whats wrong with the GT wheels? i have a ps3 as well

Logitech wheels aren't supported by Microsoft. Only companies which licence MS's own force feedback tech will work. So that's the MS wheel, a Fanatec, the upcoming MadCatz force feedback wheel, or a number of budget wheels with no force feedback.

Maybe try and find a second hand MS wheel?

my fanatec wheel is stuck somewhere in the postal system. tracking is fucked...no idea where it is. COME ON...:FAIL:

This game has GT5 tucked up in bed. It does nearly everything better.

Everything but the Simulation part. :P

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Forza so far and it's actually more fun than GT5 as a result, but it isn't on the same level of car physics as GT5.Far too easy to slide a car around and recover it in Forza and strangely I'm finding drifting a FF car seems to be a bit of a feature as well, without even really initiating it (not that this is even easy in reality anyway).

:BRMM:

Back
Top Bottom