The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regarding Adam - I find it hard to believe people still hang on his every word. Every year his hype machine follows the same formula. He tries to calm expectations from the outset but instantly contradicts himself in doing so, subsequently sending his followers into a frenzy.
Purely down to desperation of wanting an amazing PES game this gen.

I know as much as anyone that he talks PES up to incredibe levels in the build up to release and then changes his mind once weve all bought the game lol but it's just impossible not to get caught up in the hype he creates which again is purely down to desperation of wanting an amazing PES game this gen. Older wiser me? Never haha

It's not madness at all, more like a sensible move as far as PES is concerned. The betas/demos are not a true indication of the final product, which has been the case for the last two years. So why should I hand over my money on day one?

This will be the first year in a long time that I won't have PES on some kind of pre-order, whether it be online or in-store. Normally I reserve a copy as soon as it's available for pre-order but this year I will be buying at least a week after release. The only chance of me buying the game on day one is if the early videos show clear evidence of massive change and the demo/s absolutely blow my socks off.

Regarding Adam - I find it hard to believe people still hang on his every word. Every year his hype machine follows the same formula. He tries to calm expectations from the outset but instantly contradicts himself in doing so, subsequently sending his followers into a frenzy.

What an idiot.

I don't have faith even with the videos anymore after PES2012.

Just like you this is the first time ever that I won't be preordering next year's game.

Unless there is convincing video proof and the demo blows me away, 2013 is going to be a used game purchase (which nowadays seems to have plenty of).

I can't believe this thread is still going!

All that time spent typing when you could playing this flawed but truly brilliant game. By miles the best PES ever.

Cya
;)

How can Jimmy defend the console version lol, it's beyond me?....

Just had THE most scripted game ever lol, I really don't know why I even bother with the PS3, honestly...

If I could be arsed to upload their goal it would make everyone laugh here, I controlled Agger and he did everything in his power to just miss the ball off a corner, just didn't jump and actually moved right out of the way of the ball which was only going towards him, the replay was hilarious...but I digress...here's the stats...

SC Olhanense 1-1 Liverpool
Shots (on target) 4(1)-15(23)
Corners 1-10
Possession 36-64

I hit the post twice and the cross bar (from like two yards). Their keeper performed some miraculous saves off corner headers, literally two yards out each time. I had SIX one on ones saved....man I don't even want to snap the disc any more, I don't think it's worth the effort, all I do is just wonder why once again I've just wasted 20 odd minutes of life even bothering. It's just such an atrocity of a game on console, it really is.

Just had THE most scripted game ever lol, I really don't know why I even bother with the PS3, honestly...

If I could be arsed to upload their goal it would make everyone laugh here, I controlled Agger and he did everything in his power to just miss the ball off a corner, just didn't jump and actually moved right out of the way of the ball which was only going towards him, the replay was hilarious...but I digress...here's the stats...

SC Olhanense 1-1 Liverpool
Shots (on target) 4(1)-15(23)
Corners 1-10
Possession 36-64

I hit the post twice and the cross bar (from like two yards). Their keeper performed some miraculous saves off corner headers, literally two yards out each time. I had SIX one on ones saved....man I don't even want to snap the disc any more, I don't think it's worth the effort, all I do is just wonder why once again I've just wasted 20 odd minutes of life even bothering. It's just such an atrocity of a game on console, it really is.

Yeah, baby! Let's post our most absurd (which are of course actually typical) Match Details! I'm going to try and play tonight. I'll be relegation zone Roda against FC Porto. I predict I'll have 65% possession but they will still manage 22 shots (16 on target) but because I will toss in 40 crosses from my overlapping SBs I will win 3-2. Yeah, baby!

If I could be arsed to upload their goal it would make everyone laugh here, I controlled Agger and he did everything in his power to just miss the ball off a corner, just didn't jump and actually moved right out of the way of the ball which was only going towards him, the replay was hilarious....

That's exactly why. It isnt beyond me.

to be honest, I think the 50/50 possesion rule is a myth in real life football.
I watched the possesion stats last weekend of the matches in my hometown competition (first division) and they were never 50/50. The biggest difference was 63/37 and guess what.. that match was a draw...

Last edited:
I watched the possesion stats last weekend of the matches my hometown competition (first division) and they were never 50/50. The biggest difference was 63/37 and guess what.. that match was a draw...

No one said that it should be 50/50 in the game... I hope no one said that.

But it should be realistic, a strong team should have more possession than a weak team.

Imagine a real life match between Barcelona and let's say FC Basel, you would never expect the latter team to have more possession.

I watched the possesion stats last weekend of the matches my hometown competition (first division) and they were never 50/50. The biggest difference was 63/37 and guess what.. that match was a draw...

Blanc, nobody is saying that EVERY match should have 50-50 possession, but the law of averages should dictate, together with the good team v bad team factor, that possession should be near enough 50-50 the more games you play, as an average!

For example, and this is probably what a lot of people are getting at, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've lost a possession battle on the last two PES', as Liverpool, in probably over a 1000 games.

This isn't right.

If Liverpool played Man Utd say ten times, then the possession stats may very well alternate (53-47, 46-54, 50-50, 57-43) etc etc, but one team will never hold a distinct possessive advantage which would be ground-breaking over a duration of a multitude of games.

Sure, even one game, one team may have a massively distinct disparity. I'd be thinking of say if Liverpool played Chelsea in a Champions League first leg game and won 2-0, then the second leg you could pretty much put your house that Liverpool would play counter attack and Chelsea may have 60-63% possession. But this would be tactical - in a generally even contest (not including Barcelona) then the possession stats are all to whack in football games.

I never have to chase the ball, never have to have periods without possession, which makes the game more arcade than sim in my book. And this is a crucial area that KONAMI needs to address.

A team like Swansea for example may not be the best in terms of world beaters, but I'll bet they near enough have the lions share of possession against almost any Premiership teams - it's their team philosophy. But at no point in a ML campaign do I have to experience facing a team designed to keep the ball. Every team plays a direct, fast, counter game designed to give away possession inside 5 seconds. KONAMI just simply have to get this right.

Now, there are ways to be able to balance the possession problem. Either make the CPU teams more dominant in this area by coding them to pass the ball about and so drawing the human player out of position (or not, and just keep containing), or make passing for the human player harder.

Either way, at the hardcore levels, the human player should not be getting constant possession stats in their favour constantly above and beyond 57/58/59 per cent. IRL, a possession stat of say 57-43 is seen as a landslide, and you very, very rarely get a team having total 65% dominance, unless you're Barcelona.

The game needs to get right back to simulation roots, slow the fk down, and make tactical positioning and general build up play the core of the game.

Every player has too much dribbling accuracy, can pass effectively, can run all day, has Messi like first touch, is as agile as Ronaldo etc etc. The only differentials are speed, and shot power (which has to be addressed also, why should a player in division two not be able to strike a ball hard!??!).

Perhaps the dream game just isn't attainable guys, but I'd long for the day when I draw Barcelona in a Champions League game and HAVE to play them on the counter as they dominate my ass (70%) for the whole game. I'd also like to play Arsenal and feel that they are technically better than me, play Villa and expect a tight 0-0 affair, play Swansea and have them keep possession in their own half until I make a mistake in defensive player positioning etc.

Just put PES down and walk away. The game is finished.

I wont be proe-ordering PES13 this year and it will be the first time ive done that since pre-ordering online began.

ccshopland, The comp beats me sometimes in possession on top player level, in prof level it's 60-40 most of the time.

Btw, you play PES with a piece of ducttape on the LT -button huh?
I tried it myself and indeed it works, but there is a downside about this method... I can't use teammate control anymore.
Am I right?

Anyway, no biggie. I still use joy2key, but the idea came up when we tried to play both full manual in some coop matches vs CPU.
You can't play PES2012 with 2 different keyboard layouts.
Even keyboard vs keyboard or keyboard vs gamepad is not an option, joy2key can't work for more than 1 player.
So the simple but effective ducttape method gives us the option to solve this and you don't use teammate control anyway in coop matches.

Last edited:
People will try anything to make this game better :LMAO:

I can assure you it opens the game. The best thing about it is that the ballreciever is not railed anymore. Only this gives you much more options in attack and it even confuses the AI sometimes.
Why is manual passing not standard in the game? It works great.
Only the penalty/boost values of the form arrows still bother me, Do you know the difference between a player with purple and red arrow is about 30% stats boost, that's waaaay too much imo.

I'd rather put duct tape around the case so I don't have to play the bloody game.

:LMAO:

I can assure you it opens the game. The best thing about it is that the ballreciever is not railed anymore. Only this gives you much more options in attack and it even confuses the AI sometimes.
Why is manual passing not standard in the game? It works great.
Only the penalty/boost values of the form arrows still bother me, Do you know the difference between a player with purple and red arrow is about 30% stats boost, that's waaaay too much imo.

If ducttape makes the passing better what makes the shooting better?

Now that we know that PES 2013 won't get a much needed new engine, I would like Konami to at least get the team's stats and play-culture/attitude right. Konami should put up a team of five people that only work on that aspect:

Two people should study matches of the teams and write down what the style and essence of the teams and players are, the next two people should translate that into the games's stats, styles and tactics, the fifth should merely set it up in the game. If they are at it for 7 months, they could pin down the majority of teams.

It doesn't have to be 100% accurate, it's enough if it hits the right notes for about 80%. It would make the game a hundred times better, more varied and interesting to play.

@Henry

Totally agree, and this is what should have been happening for years. We're talking about a football gaming company here, so you'd like to think that these guys would be football mad.

I reckon I could crease them on player and team stats certainly for the European Leagues. I mean what the hell are they thinking about some of these stats.....why is Doni better than Reina?!? Why can't Reina kick a ball past the halfway line? Why is Suarez so technically poor? And these are just for one team in England!

There;s enough football coverage on tv now to be able to capture quite accurately stats and styles, and this is massive in bringing the gameplay element to a more sim like approach. Barcelona should be giving anybody the run around, but you can go bloody Getafe and still come out with 60% possession against them. Not good enough I'm afraid.

Ironically, there was a message out on Twitter last night looking to recruit database/stat editors for FIFA. Never seen anything like that for PES. Still a long way to go before PES 2013 - instead of petitioning for patches like some people do, why don't people start up some real lobbying to have more involvement in improving the game (ratings, formations etc).

Calcio, the main problem is, from what I can gather, is that the Japanese culture and 'way of doing things' is very tunnel-visioned. The Japanese see outside help as a sign of weakness and will therefore fall on their sword than get the right people for the right job.

I mean Christ, I would have thought there should be a sub team dedicated solely to the stats and team styles, or am I totally in the dark about how sports games work?!?

People like Chimps know all about the stats and how they balance/imbalance a game, and people like Klash look at tactics; multiply these by like thousands of people that do a similar thing and you'll have an entire community dedicated to it. But if KONAMI don't want to do it themselves, they need to make the game as easily editable as possible, so that things like stats/tactics etc etc are just drag and drop.

But honestly, if I was Seabass, that would be the first job I would have issued long ago is a global stats guy/team, and his/their job would be to watch as much football as possible and see trends/form/tactics/individual stats etc, I see this as one of the most key job roles in KONAMI.

Will someone explain this whole ducttape thing? How much do I need? Where do I put it? What the hell are you people talking about....

Back
Top Bottom