iOS Gaming

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming

Played the PC version last year and never known what all the fuss is about? Seems very little skill or excitement in the game??

Just set up your defenses in a row and the zombies walk into them - am I missing something?

I love PopCap games, but this was a big let down. Wont be getting it.

I really loved it.

It gets much harder and isn't as simple as you write down here :))

Anyone else think that the iPhone is perfect for a 'mini' Heavy Rain (Light Drizzle?).

Lots of gesture based stuff, though I guess the size of the resources would be a problem...

Yea, looking forward to that!

I'm learning how to make Apps myself and have thousands of ideas swarming round - most remakes of classic old C64 and Amiga games from my yoof!

iPad Store is now open with some real gems.

Mirrors Edge looks class (will be $14.99 though, hope thats not a sign of things to come?), RealRacingHD looks superb too.

There is also a ScrabbleHD, where the board will obviously fit nicely on the large screen (and allow for two players) and in a nice innovation, it can use your iPhone as the 'Tile Rack', allowing you to sort and then 'flick' the letters onto the main board. Very cool.

Think the iPad will take people by surprise (as Apple products usually do) and this time next year, it will be common place to do a lot of gaming on them.

Have you got an iPad pbb? I assume you haven't as they're not released over here yet, in which case where can I see the store?

Cheers

Have you got an iPad pbb? I assume you haven't as they're not released over here yet, in which case where can I see the store?

Cheers

Nah not yet - tempted to get one from the US via Ebay, but waiting for the UK Pricing to be announced first.

The iPad store is up in the UK though if you go through iTunes - iBooks was launched Saturday too, but it says only purchaes from US allowed.

Think i will buy one but going to wait to see what networks are offering there mobile broadband bundled in first.

So i read it requires a different type of card to that found in phones for broadband. Im using amazon kindle app on touch find it good for what it needs to be and pay in $ so save abit of money Sniper one i read and reading 3 Para at moment very good books.

What is the purpose of a iPad?

Surely a laptop would do everything better than a iPad could?

I'm getting one, but I'll wait a year or so until it's cheap second hand and it's jailbroken and has plenty of apps.

My main reasons for buying one is for the games, quick browsing on a larger screen and reading ebooks.

What is the purpose of a iPad?

Surely a laptop would do everything better than a iPad could?

Certainly can - but half the size/weight, better screen, instant access to thousands of apps and twice the battery life.

Apart from that, yea!

In all seriousness, they are different machines for different needs - laptops better for working on and anything medium/heavy - iPad perfect for pick up quick browsing, casual gaming and I'd say better for travel (taking on planes/trains etc).

Pulled the trigger on a 32gb iPad today - got sick of waiting for the UK announcement!

FM2010 is really very good! They've crammed so much in - couple of little niggles, but nothing major considering what has been achieved.

Highly recommended!

FM2010 is really very good! They've crammed so much in - couple of little niggles, but nothing major considering what has been achieved.

Highly recommended!

Agreed. A bit of a technical marvel in many respects. Based on previous experiences with FM I was expecting this to chug along at an appalling rate, but it's pretty zippy. Only a handful of gripes so far:

- No crowd noise in matches.
- No replays on the goals.
- Occasionally fiddly when moving players into new positions.

Other than that it's mint. :BOP:

Replays are the worst thing in FM anyway and should be turned straight off :)

Pulled the trigger on a 32gb iPad today - got sick of waiting for the UK announcement!

Looking forward to your first impressions pbb. From what I've read over at AVForums there are some really happy customers as it sounds like some of the software and games developed for it are tailor made for the iPad.

How much did it set you back then?

£529 delivered with no customs charges, for the 32gb. Expected to be at least £499 over here, so its a decent deal I reckon/hope!

Looking forward to your first impressions pbb. From what I've read over at AVForums there are some really happy customers as it sounds like some of the software and games developed for it are tailor made for the iPad.

I'm looking forward to getting it! Trouble is, the company I ordered from have now completely run out of stock and it looks like they took on too many orders than they could handle.

Looking like next week at best before they get any in, then they are allocating them to people who have paid and have been waiting the longest etc. Have no idea when I'm gonna get it :(

Back
Top Bottom